logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Walt  
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 4:12:29 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

So that this doesn't distract anymore from the discussion of Galatians origins

It's just if Shaul didn't write Galatians, then many more questions are created - Yada's perspective removes all of Shaul, Swalchy's removes Galatians, but but what of the rest???

What of what Shaul wrote do people think is authoritative, what is insightful and valuable to a better knowing and understanding of Yahuweh?

Does Shaul bring us "this is of Yahweh" words that we should heed?

Is his establishment for the qualifications of deacon & elder from Yahuweh and thus binding - or is it just from Paul and thus religious?

Should women not teach men or be in authority over them?
Should they "keep silent" with head covered in the assembly?

Is his gifts of the Spirit an accurate revelation?
His spiritual warfare?
Fruit of the Spirit?

Does Shaul bring clarity or confusion?

I think this can be a healthy discussion, not just to see where others stand, but more to examine from different perspectives and angles to get a better grasp and understanding - like passing around a picked up object from a cave to see if it's a gem, a rock, or dung
Yada isn't the first to discredit Paul, and many messianics hold to "keep it where it doesn't conflict with Torah - where it does, toss" philosophy
This is an important issue that some people need to settle in our walk's

Edited by moderator Saturday, July 10, 2010 5:44:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 10, 2010 6:55:34 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think the fact is any letter of Paul isn't Scripture and was never meant to be Scripture. The letters were to specific people and specific places at specific times, they hold no prophesy that isn't just taken from TPP.

Personally to me they are interesting, but nothing I can't disagree with - and nothing to build my life on.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Walt  
#3 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 2:58:39 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

Swalchy wrote:

I'm sorry, but picking on Paul for talking about qualifications for elders is ridiculous, seeing as though the other Apostles had stipulations and chose them as well. Are they religious?

I'm not 'picking on Paul" about this - I'm ASKING QUESTIONS FOR DISCUSSION SAKE
I didn't say Paul created elders and deacon, but he did write the qualifications 0- so don't put words in my mouth

I guess we can't have this discussion without feathers getting ruffled and being insulting - this place is becoming a mirror of christian forums - too much attitude - so I'll just quit

As I asked in another topic

WHERE is the Set-Apart Spirit in all this???

NOT here for sure
Offline danshelper  
#4 Posted : Sunday, July 11, 2010 3:19:13 PM(UTC)
danshelper

Walt,
These are truly legitimate questions - as Swalchy says. Don't quit here!
- the authority structure of "the church" - elders, deacons, etc.,
- the proper place for women's contribution to advancing the kingdom
- the right teaching on the harvest/rapture
- the right teaching on the set apart feast days for native and non-native Israel

Paul brings all these issues (and more) to the foreground and it is right for us to discuss them and seek the Spirit-filled understanding of them! Your questions/posts bring clarity, honesty and much needed balance. They inspire "digging" into the treasure of YHWH's Word - as Swalchy's and so many others' contributions bring Spirit-gifted scholarship and insight.

One of the biggest blessings of this forum is the manifold wisdom of YHWH displayed in so many different people and in so many different expressions. Don't lose heart, keep advancing - as we all keep advancing we help and encourage each other to keep seeking the kingdom so that YHWH is exalted!!
Offline bigritchie  
#5 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 8:05:06 AM(UTC)
bigritchie

I would love to see this thread, go through every "But Paul says" argument out there.

I think it would be a great learning experience for everyone.

We could address every Paul question out there and try and sort things out.

Offline Richard  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 12, 2010 8:33:47 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Here is where I am with all this.

For many years Paul was my hero. I mean, he even went toe to toe with "those who thought they were somewhat" and won the day with his superior doctrine. Then I read that Paul was actually the worst evil ever loosed on mankind and that everything he allegedly wrote is not to be trusted. My head is spinning by this time and I must grip the edge of the table to remain in an upright position. Then, others come along with equally powerful cases defending Paul but expressing doubt as to the authenticity of some of the letters attributed to him. There are detailed lessons and examples in Hebrew and Greek, and references to scholarly tomes which only a relative few can read with comprehension. For us common folks, all this could quickly become information overload and we will be edified not at all.

I have grown to love the brothers and sisters in these forums. But, like Walt bemoaned, I suspect that Mother is no longer being allowed to be in charge around here.

To keep myself sane, I am going to cling to what I know is Truth: the Torah, Prophets, and Writings, the eyewitness accounts of Yahushua's time with us, and His revelation to Yahuchanon. As for the rest of the Renewed Covenant, or New Testament, or whatever you want to call that part of the English Bible, I feel comfortable just leaving it alone. I mean, since its trustworthiness can't be proven, wisdom suggests that I treat it as untrustworthy and, therefore, not from the Father.

What I DO know is that our Father loved me enough to give me the Truth, to open my eyes and my understanding. I trust Him. He is going to bring me through this current onslaught some way, somehow (my personal life has under heavy attack these past few months and the situation is only looking worse every day). It is all I can do right now just to stand with Yob and refuse to charge Yahuweh with evil. As for being able at this time to participate energetically in lively debates, bringing to the talks the results of laborious research and sparkling insights ... well, on my best days I am no match for the intellects roaming these hallways.

Bottom line from my point of view? Should I be concerned that I do not know of a certainty whether or not a letter was authored by this or that person? I think not. Will I be rejected if I don't understand or retain all the proofs from both sides displayed before us in such awesome detail? I hope not.

Shalom. Yahuweh be with you.

Richard

Edited by user Tuesday, July 13, 2010 9:11:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Rework and spelling correction

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 8:22:14 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I think the thing is that we need to get to the bottom of it. Not for ourselves, because Paul really dosen't matter that much to us, but for the people who might come this way, and our Christian friends. My idea of the YY community was that we always strived for truth, it being the one thing that primarily set us apart from the rest of the world/religion whatever. So whatever that truth is we must go after it - and the fact is Paul being evil dosen't fit the evidence, (as much as Paul ever writing Galatians) is a big factor, and promoting Paul as evil or that he wrote what he didn't write is promoting lies. It is deceiving people to try and manipulate them to an idea. This sets us up with everyone else in the world, and that is not the way to be.

You can believe anything you want, but that is where we are trying to be different - thinking, measuring, weighing up the evidence.

As for our Mother not being present in the forums/community? Why not? Does our Mother turn us into hippy free love peace to all men believe what you want it doesn't matter - or does our Mother passionately oppose and expose lies, and give us a kick up the bum when we don't always want one? I don't know what kind of mothers you guys had, but mine moulded me. I was shouted at when I needed it, I was loved when I needed it.

The Spirit of Yah manifesting Herself within us doesn't make us all accepting love puppies - She fires us up, she gives us passion for truth and to expose lies - the faults come when our human nature takes over. What family never have arguments or never disagree?

There is only really 1 reason I get annoyed with people when discussing Yah or religion and it is because I care - probably too much. I dont want these people to be blinded by a lie, and I don't want to be the one handing any more out. Sometimes that is obviously wrongly placed or directed or even me being completely wrong, but that is my issue and I hope I learn from that. I would hope it is the same for everyone here.

Love is a choice - I choose to stay here and I choose you lot as my family, through all the good times and all the bad etc etc. That is what love is.

So don't deny our Mother's presence just because we aren't all beaming love peace and bunny rabbits - this is the real world, real love and real people. We are all flawed, we all get annoyed - but at least we all care enough to try.
Offline Richard  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 10:17:23 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Quote:
So don't deny our Mother's presence just because we aren't all beaming love peace and bunny rabbits

I don't believe that I used that as my reason for remarking that we aren't allowing Mother to rule the forum, Robski. I despise the "love, peace, and bunny rabbits" spin that the world tries to put on things, especially the way they use it to warp the minds of preschoolers. Moreover, I too am passionate about the things of Yahuweh, and I have been told that I look and sound terribly angry sometimes when in reality I was just being impassioned.

The misbehavior to which I referred is the use of demeaning and cruel rebukes, as in labelling someone's opinion as ridiculous, or their conclusions as idiotic, as has been done in various places throughout this site. Don't get me wrong: I have done and still do the same thing from time to time. But that doesn't make it right, or loving, and it doesn't make it a behavior our Mother would approve. I believe that to avoid running off the more sensitive or fragile members of the community, we might want to tone down our descriptions of their erroneous thoughts, ideas, and conclusions. In other words, let's not write in such a way as to seem as though we are biting and devouring one another.

Brother, please do not misrepresent what I say or preach to me as though I had brought forth some hippy doctrine of tolerance for all. I was a US Marine back in the days of the Viet Nam thing, so I am well able to deal with ugliness and to take vicious criticism. Not everyone has my experience, however, and I don't think it wise to demand that they be as tough-skinned as some of the rest of us. Thanks.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 12:23:09 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I don't demand anyone to be tough skinned - but just to treat it like a family. Everyone here messes up, especially when dealing with people - and especially me. But the fact is people do go the wrong way but we must not dwell on those things, especially when an apology follows pretty much every time.

We need to focus on the good and get on like a family would, taking the rough with the smooth, apologising when required and trying not to take offence when someone either lights a fire or seems to (blank words can be so void of direction and easily misunderstood). Above I was not aiming at you at all Flint, but at all of us - so I hope you don't feel preached at, I just believe it is something that needed to be laid out in the open, so - do not take offence. :)

I am a UK Geek, trained from birth - the most ugly things I have seen is probably something someone emailed me LOL.

Basically - we are all quite lucky to find each other, and I am not willing to throw that away because I or anyone else sometimes behaves like a plonker (now there is an english word from the 90s!). You are my brothers and sisters - if any of you ever turned up at my door, my house would be yours - no matter what the posts say!
Offline Richard  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, July 14, 2010 1:34:14 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Thank you for the reply, Robski. Behaving like a welcome member of a family is completely foreign to me, so I beg your indulgence if I don't always know how to repsond appropriately. In my limited familial experience, whoever could yell the loudest and present the most believable threat was the one who had the final say on everything. This loving, nurturing family thing is totally new. I do love the idea of being part of a real Family where honest, unfeigned love rules; it's the doing of it that I stumble at - and that is completely on me. I must learn to remove the chip from my shoulder before I enter the room; I have to learn to relax rather than automatically being defensive; and I must trust that I really am welcome and respected by believers I have never met. A tall order, but nothing is impossible with Him with Whom we have to do.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#11 Posted : Thursday, July 15, 2010 6:23:09 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Well that's the issue - we have not known each other all our lives and we are all screwed up in some way or another :) Everyone brings baggage, we just have to step past that's best we can. Natural family's at least know each others quirks better...