logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 3:28:44 AM(UTC)
Yada

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 3:30:41 AM(UTC)
Yada

From The Religion News Service:

Quote:
June 18, 2010

NEWS DIGEST

N.J. rabbi pleads guilty to money laundering in FBI sting
By Joe Ryan / The Star-Ledger

RNS-DIGEST-JUNE18

A prominent New Jersey rabbi has pleaded guilty laundering up to $1.5 million as part of a massive federal probe that uncovered insurance scams, bank frauds and the sale of knock-off hand bags.

This guy was obviously into a little of everything.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 3:50:21 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Guns in church? It's one step away from becoming like the people of ancient Rome, who settled matters via the use of swords while hoping the gods would make them successful.
Offline cgb2  
#4 Posted : Monday, June 21, 2010 7:30:11 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
>Guns in church? It's one step away from becoming like the people of ancient Rome, who settled matters via the use of swords while hoping the gods would make them successful.

That's a distortion of the intent. I think it's more to remove yet one more place where people are legally defenseless....attractive as a safe gun-free zone for mass murderers to attack. There's been several mass shootings in churches.

New Life Church in Colorado Springs is one example. If a security person had not had her pistol, the death count would have been FAR higher. That perp was armed to the teeth.
Offline Richard  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:09:34 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Well, here's my two cents' worth on the whole gun ownership/possession thing. Even such stalwart warriors as Dawid and Jonathan knew that "Yahuweh does not save by sword and shield."

Didn't Yahushua command us not to resist evil, saying so in the context of discussing avenging ourselves? If someone punches us on one cheek, we are to offer to them the other as well. That does not, in my opinion, leave any room for whipping out a Glock and drilling a hole through their forehead. We are to be gentle, not cold-blooded mercenaries of vengeance who use this world's convoluted logic to justify the taking of another's life. Either we are Yahuweh's or we are not; either we are relaxed, trusting in Him no matter what, or we are tensed up and ready to defend ourselves, trusting in our weaponry and holding our possessions in higher regard than obedience and emulation of the Lamb of Yahuweh.

Knowing the Torah is a wonderful goal to which we aspire. Yet isn't the purpose to aid us as we get to know the Author of the Torah Himself? If Dad tells us not to avenge ourselves because vengeance is His, aren't we being rebellious youths when we insist on taking care of such matters ourselves?

Christians are wrong on so many points that for one of them to propose "going to church" armed and dangerous is not surprising at all. We who are trusting Yahuweh, however, ought to know better.

Richard
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:33:04 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I thought it was just a good way to let the preacher know if he was good or not - if he lives he wins! lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline cgb2  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:46:50 AM(UTC)
cgb2

LOL.
Not sure how to divide "turn the other cheek" vs "if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one"

Even in Christianity, Mennonites believe no violence whatsoever even in self-defense....or so a Menonite hunting buddy told me.
Offline Theophilus  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:55:50 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

cgb2 wrote:
LOL.
Not sure how to divide "turn the other cheek" vs "if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one"

Even in Christianity, Mennonites believe no violence whatsoever even in self-defense....or so a Menonite hunting buddy told me.

It is an intersting question thoughcgb2,

I took the two swords being sufficent for twelve disciples to indicate some measure of approval for deterant defensive force.

I also thought of this in terms of loving your neighbors and loving your enemies. Can you love your enemy and your non-enemy neighbor by subduing an attacker and defending your neighbor?

-Respectfully,

-Theophilus
Offline Richard  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 7:58:19 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

cgb2 wrote:
LOL.
Not sure how to divide "turn the other cheek" vs "if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one"...

Sounds like one of those conflicting messages, doesn't it? I am convinced in my heart that Yahushua was referring to the sword of His mouth, which He mentioned in one of His messages to the Called-Out Assemblies in the Revelation, which dissolves the conflict rather cleanly.

Don't understand the "LOL", cgb2, but I'll let it go.

Theophilus, you may be right. Perhaps Yahushua was giving approval for deterrent physical force. I certainly would have a strong compulsion to do whatever I could to keep someone from doing physical harm to my wife, especially since she is more or less helpless in her current condition. But even as a former US Marine I would find it difficult to run someone through with a sword or blast a hole through them with a firearm. It just seems so in tune with the world's violence and hatred.

This has become one of those things that makes you go, "Hmmmm."

Richard
Offline cgb2  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:13:50 AM(UTC)
cgb2

flintface wrote:

Don't understand the "LOL", cgb2.

LOL was for Robinski's comment, and somewhat yours.

We also have concealed permits in Colorado, but cannot carry in bars and courthouses. I think most concealed carry people, especially a woman carrying in her purse, would be more of a concious effort to take it out before she goes somewhere it's prohibited. I think since they've passed CC rapes, assaults and ect are way down, since criminals think twice about targeting "weaker" people.

I for one, would have no qwalms defending my loved ones with deadly force if required. Fortunately in most cases that escalation is not needed, since simply bradishing it will make perps turn tail and run.

Offline Richard  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:42:38 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Well, I don't have a lock on the truth, nor do I wear a shiny Heaven's Deputy Sheriff badge, so I can't tell you that you're wrong to do this or that. This subject has been a point of contention within my own heart for some years. Am I to emulate Yahushua, Who allowed Himself to be battered, tortured, and murdered? Or should I be gentle and dove-like up to point X, at which moment I switch to Savage Avenger and Protector of All Who Are Weaker mode? It presents a mental difficulty for me, because I want to be like Daddy and just like our Big Brother, Yahushua. At the same time, I don't want to allow some slimeball to hurt another person, especially someone to whom I am close.

Some dilemma, huh!

Richard
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 8:45:25 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Offline Yada  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 9:19:45 AM(UTC)
Yada

This is kind of interesting. From The Religion News Service:

Quote:
For clergy, losing faith can be an occupational hazard

By Solange De Santis

NEW YORK (RNS) For some clergy, it is the problem that dare not speak its name.

Affected pastors say they cannot be themselves among their congregations or colleagues, sometimes even with their own families. It’s a huge and burdensome secret with the potential to destroy their careers, they say. They think they’re not the only ones, but feel terribly lonely.

No, it’s not some kind of sexual secret—it’s loss of faith.

full story: http://www.religionnews....an_occupational_hazard7/

Offline cgb2  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 1:25:30 PM(UTC)
cgb2

flintface wrote:
Well, I don't have a lock on the truth, nor do I wear a shiny Heaven's Deputy Sheriff badge......Some dilemma, huh!
Richard

Figure we're begining to hijack the thread so started a new topic to discuss this issue:
http://forum.yadayahweh....her-Cheek.aspx#post17343
Offline RidesWithYah  
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 1:19:34 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#16 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 11:08:24 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Offline Yada  
#17 Posted : Thursday, June 24, 2010 6:56:29 PM(UTC)
Yada

From The Religion News Service:
Yada attached the following image(s):
twilight.jpg
Offline Yada  
#18 Posted : Friday, June 25, 2010 1:30:08 PM(UTC)
Yada

From the "Press Europ":

Quote:
Police open crypt in child abuse inquiry
25 June 2010 | Het Laatste Nieuws Brussels

“Raid in houses of God”, headlines Brussels newspaper Het Laatste Nieuws. As part of an investigation into child abuse in the Belgian Catholic church, the police on 24 June swooped down on the residences of high ranking members of the clergy. Mechelen Cathedral was also combed, and a crypt opened, reports the daily. The State Prosecution Office defended the action insisting it had possesed “reliable information the church has hidden documents in several places.”

Here is a direct link to the story: http://www.presseurop.eu...rypt-child-abuse-inquiry
25062010-Het-Laatste-Nieuws.jpg
Offline Yada  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2010 12:28:56 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Italy to fight for crucifixes in schools

Italy plans to fight a court ruling that crucifixes in classrooms violate students' right to freedom of religion. Ten other European governments are joining Italy's appeal. FULL STORY
c1main.crucifix.classroom.gi.jpg
Offline Matthew  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 29, 2010 2:36:06 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

So what do you guys think, should they fight it or should they just let it go?
Offline Richard  
#21 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2010 4:23:19 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Matthew wrote:
So what do you guys think, should they fight it or should they just let it go?

Let it go, fight it, what is that to us? Should we side with one religion against another? What benefit will the Christians gain if they win every court argument but lose their souls because they've chosen religion over Yahuweh and His Torah?
Offline Matthew  
#22 Posted : Thursday, July 1, 2010 5:54:03 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I'm annoyed with Humanism and the Left's attempt to have believers submit to their whims and fancies.
Offline Yada  
#23 Posted : Saturday, July 3, 2010 12:53:11 AM(UTC)
Yada

Has anybody ever heard of this place on Troy Hill in Pittsburgh called, "The Bone House"?

Quote:
St. Anthony's Chapel

BY MELISSA MEINZER

Skulls. Teeth. Dried blood. An entire skeleton, each individual bone painstakingly wrapped in silk. Oh, and Mass every Tuesday, since all the body parts come from saints.

St. Anthony's Chapel, in Troy Hill, houses the world's largest collection of Catholic relics outside of the Vatican. The faithful, as well as curiosity-seekers, can take in the splendor of most of the 4,200 items, including 22 slivers of the True Cross, a piece from the table of the Last Supper and a sliver of Mary's veil...

Full Story: http://www.pittsburghcit.../Content?oid=oid%3A21432
3_0003_14winter.jpg
Offline kp  
#24 Posted : Saturday, July 3, 2010 4:18:51 AM(UTC)
kp

If you collected every "sliver of the true cross" that people have "found," you could build a full-scale replica of Noah's ark :-)

kp
Offline kp  
#25 Posted : Saturday, July 3, 2010 4:18:51 AM(UTC)
kp

If you collected every "sliver of the true cross" that people have "found," you could build a full-scale replica of Noah's ark :-)

kp
Offline cgb2  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, July 6, 2010 7:16:41 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Although internet legend, I recieved in email several times from Christians as if fact. Good for a laugh anyway:

http://www.snopes.com/photos/signs/dogheaven.asp
http://www.ulblog.org/20...rches-disagree-on-dogma/
Offline Yada  
#27 Posted : Friday, July 16, 2010 3:39:11 PM(UTC)
Yada

Here's the latest from the Catholic EWTN (The "Eternal Word Television Network"):
HP_carmel_10.jpg
Offline Yada  
#28 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 4:23:38 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#29 Posted : Friday, July 23, 2010 7:15:53 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Friday, July 23, 2010

Jesus Toast

It seems that Jesus is everywhere these days. From pancakes and toast to a potato chip, the carpenter from Nazareth has been reaching out to us in the form of food for many a year.

One artist in the UK, however, has taken this one step further: he has made a representation of the crucifix entirely out of - yup, you figured it - burnt toast.

Using 153 pieces of charred toast, artist Adam Sheldon of Carlisle managed to create an incredible likeness of the crucifixion. It is now housed and displayed at the Anglican Church of St. Peter, Great Limber, his mother's home parish. The pastor of the church, Rev. Felicity Couch, loves the piece and proudly speaks of it in the video on the website link above.

"It's quite impressive" she said. "It might be made of very unusual material, but it's a very usual subject matter in a church."

She spoke to the theological link between Jesus calling himself the bread of life and the chosen medium for the work.
jesus_200_05.jpg
Offline Yada  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:26:03 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
NEWS DIGEST

Pope grants wide authority to revamp Legion of Christ
By Richard Allen

RNS-DIGEST-JULY26

Pope Benedict XVI has granted wide latitude to an Italian archbishop to take whatever measures are necessary to reform and rehabilitate the troubled Legionaries of Christ order.

Yada had said on a YY News show that the "Legion of Christ" was holding onto $40 billion in cash so I guess this "reform" was inevitable.
Offline Yada  
#31 Posted : Tuesday, July 27, 2010 2:29:15 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
July 26, 2010

NEWS DIGEST

Anti-abortion `Pro-Life Freedom Ride’ turned away from King’s tomb
By Jeremy Gray / The Birmingham News

RNS-DIGEST-JULY26

Invoking the memory of Martin Luther King Jr. and the civil rights movement, anti-abortion clergy members and their supporters launched a "Pro-Life Freedom Ride" but were turned away from King's tomb in Atlanta.
Offline Yada  
#32 Posted : Friday, July 30, 2010 2:57:16 PM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
July 30, 2010

NEWS STORY

Novelist Anne Rice says `I quit being a Christian

By Kevin Eckstrom

(RNS) Vampire novelist Anne Rice says she’s leaving Christianity—again—because she no longer wants to be identified with such a “quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group.”

Born and raised a Catholic, Rice left the church but returned after a 30-year absence in 1998. Best known for “Interview With the Vampire” and other vampire fiction, she later turned to spiritual writing, including a “Christ the Lord” series on Jesus’ life and a well-received spiritual memoir, “Called Out of Darkness.”

On Thursday (July 29), Rice said she has “quit being a Christian,” although she remains “committed to Christ.”

“I quit being a Christian. I’m out,” she wrote on her Facebook page, in sections that were confirmed by her publisher. “In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat.” Full Story
Offline Yada  
#33 Posted : Saturday, August 14, 2010 6:44:00 AM(UTC)
Yada

From RNS:

Quote:
Friday, August 13, 2010

Evangelize and spin

Over at the "Jesus Needs New PR" blog, Matthew Paul Turner posted a video of how successful proselytizing can lead to big bucks.
spin.JPG
Offline Yada  
#34 Posted : Friday, August 27, 2010 5:09:19 PM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#35 Posted : Sunday, September 12, 2010 9:02:06 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

I forwarded the article to Yada and this was his response:

Quote:
Catholic priestly pedophilia is so pervasive around the world, and is such a horrid crime, it is a wonder that anyone remains a Catholic. Forget for a moment that most every aspect of Roman Catholicism is pagan, Babylonian, and in conflict with Yahuwah's Word, a scandal and cover up of this magnitude and at this level is unacceptable and unforgivable--especially when committed by those who allege that they speak for God.

Yada
Offline Yada  
#36 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 6:15:09 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline RobertMV  
#37 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 8:35:39 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

cgb2 wrote:
>Guns in church? It's one step away from becoming like the people of ancient Rome, who settled matters via the use of swords while hoping the gods would make them successful.

That's a distortion of the intent. I think it's more to remove yet one more place where people are legally defenseless....attractive as a safe gun-free zone for mass murderers to attack. There's been several mass shootings in churches.

New Life Church in Colorado Springs is one example. If a security person had not had her pistol, the death count would have been FAR higher. That perp was armed to the teeth.

FIRST LET ME SAY, THIS IS ROBERTS WIFE, NOT ROBERT.
TO THE COLORADOAN, AMEN TO THAT !
Offline RobertMV  
#38 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 10:03:12 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

flintface wrote:
Sounds like one of those conflicting messages, doesn't it? I am convinced in my heart that Yahushua was referring to the sword of His mouth, which He mentioned in one of His messages to the Called-Out Assemblies in the Revelation, which dissolves the conflict rather cleanly.

Don't understand the "LOL", cgb2, but I'll let it go.

Theophilus, you may be right. Perhaps Yahushua was giving approval for deterrent physical force. I certainly would have a strong compulsion to do whatever I could to keep someone from doing physical harm to my wife, especially since she is more or less helpless in her current condition. But even as a former US Marine I would find it difficult to run someone through with a sword or blast a hole through them with a firearm. It just seems so in tune with the world's violence and hatred.

This has become one of those things that makes you go, "Hmmmm."

Richard

This is RobertMV's wife.... This post is to more than just Richard. Richard I am happy to hear you would protect your wife. I'd hate to see any woman raped and killed because of a lack of protection from their own husbands.

Yahuwah (sp?) is a "God" of war. Don't think so ? the old covenant is full of the wars of the Israelites, on orders from Yahuwah throught his Prophets. David slew Goliath with a projectile. 1 Samual 17 :49
Yeshua told "... he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his script: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

Richard you said you think he was talking about the sword of his mouth, how does one buy that ? then there's Proverbs 23:23 "Buy the truth and sell it not..."
Mennonites and Amish both believe that EVERYTHING that happens is "God's" will. EVERYTHING. That's why they don't fight back or correct the evil practice of incest and child abuse that occures in their communities. Josie
Offline Richard  
#39 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:54:09 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Josie wrote:
Quote:
Richard you said you think he was talking about the sword of his mouth, how does one buy that ? then there's Proverbs 23:23 "Buy the truth and sell it not..."

It might be that He knew we would be obliged to buy "Bibles" in these days. And doesn't the passage in Proverbs support my position? As for excusing violence by individuals against other individuals, I would reconsider the spirit behind my enthusiasm for "righteous bloodshed" if I were you. "Vengeance is mine" loses all its meaning otherwise.
Offline Daniel  
#40 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:29:40 PM(UTC)
Daniel

Catholic Church: Christ nullified God's promises to the Jews

UserPostedImage

Quote:
A Catholic synod called at the Vatican to address the rising persecution of Christian in the Middle East wrapped up on Saturday with a joint statement that focused a lot of attention on demanding Israel end its “occupation” of Arab lands.

The gathering was meant to address the various acts of persecution, intimidation and discrimination that are resulting in a severe dwindling of Christian communities across the region.

But the bulk of the two-week meeting was spent discussing how Israel is the root cause of all the Middle East’s woes, including those faced by its Christians.

The final statement reflected that position. It listed the “occupation” of Arab lands, the building of Israel’s security barrier, military checkpoints, the jailing of terrorists (defined in the statement as “political prisoners”) and the general disruption of Palestinian life as some of the main reasons behind the exodus of Palestinian Christians and Muslim attacks on the Jewish state.

Cyril Salim Bustros, the Lebanon-born Greek archbishop of Our Lady of the Annunciation in Boston, Massachusetts was responsible for delivering the final statement.

In clarifying remarks, he stated that “the Holy Scriptures cannot be used to justify the return of Jews to Israel and the displacement of the Palestinians, to justify the occupation by Israel of Palestinian lands.”

He then escalated the situation by declaring that the original promises made by God to the children of Israel “were nullified by Christ. There is no longer a chosen people.”

Bustros rejected the idea of Israel as “the Jewish state,” and insisted that eventually all the so-called “Palestinian refugees” must return to the land, a sure recipe for the demographic destruction of the world’s only Jewish nation-state.

Mordechai Levi, Israel’s ambassador to the Vatican, decried Bustros’ comments and the damage they had done to strengthening ties between Israel and the Church.

The Catholic Church has for years been trying to repair its image as an institution steeped in anti-Semitism. But Bustros’ remarks make fairly clear that the Vatican remains as dedicated as ever to replacement theology - that teaching that says God has tossed aside the Jews, despite is irrevocable promises to them, and that “the Church” has instead inherited those promise
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline bitnet  
#41 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 11:34:13 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Now that they've put the priestly pedophilia problems on the backburner, it's time to press ahead and lay claim to another estate by first separating the people from the promised land or the promise itself. They are not content to do away with the Shabbat, the Miqra, YHWH's name, the Messiah's name, and hijacking Scripture for themselves while denying the power therein, but they must now claim that little strip of land in the Middle East for themselves. Aye, this is the start of the end but Jerusalem shall be a mighty stone that they will stumble against before falling down into the bowels of Sheol.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline RobertMV  
#42 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 2:15:50 PM(UTC)
RobertMV

flintface wrote:
Josie wrote:

It might be that He knew we would be obliged to buy "Bibles" in these days. And doesn't the passage in Proverbs support my position? As for excusing violence by individuals against other individuals, I would reconsider the spirit behind my enthusiasm for "righteous bloodshed" if I were you. "Vengeance is mine" loses all its meaning otherwise.

I understand about "vengence is mine" , but he's the one who wrote the rules to begin with. What do you do with the scriptures below ? These aren't even all of them.
Deu 17:5 Then shalt thou bring forth that man or that woman, which have committed that wicked thing, unto thy gates, even that man or that woman, and shalt stone them with stones, till they die.
Deu 17:6 At the mouth of two witnesses, or three witnesses, shall he that is worthy of death be put to death; but at the mouth of one witness he shall not be put to death. Remember a "witness" today could be DNA or other forensics.
Deu 17:7 The hands of the witnesses shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterward the hands of all the people. So thou shalt put the evil away from among you.
Deu 17:11 According to the sentence of the law which they shall teach thee, and according to the judgment which they shall tell thee, thou shalt do: thou shalt not decline from the sentence which they shall shew thee, to the right hand, nor to the left.
Exo 21:14 But if a man come presumptuously upon his neighbour, to slay him with guile; thou shalt take him from mine altar, that he may die.
Exo 21:15 And he that smiteth his father, or his mother, shall be surely put to death.
Exo 21:16 And he that stealeth a man, and selleth him, or if he be found in his hand, he shall surely be put to death.
Exo 21:17 And he that curseth his father, or his mother, shall surely be put to death.
Gen 9:6 Whoso sheddeth man's blood, by man shall his blood be shed: for in the image of el-o-heem made he man.
Mat 5:18 For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled.
I believe in capital punishment, it should be swift justice, not years and years of appeals. Preventing the offender from doing it again is the most important part of "justice". Also, we shouldn't have to pay to house them for all those years. Then there's the fact that many prisoners live better than law abiding people. Nuff said. Josie
Offline Richard  
#43 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 3:59:03 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

No, not enough said at all.

To whom was Yahuwah speaking in the Torah? Was He addressing individuals? No. He was addressing a nation of His people. No nation on earth today can claim that privileged description. So the kinsman avenger allowance is no longer in effect.

It is a heavenly rule that whoever sheds man's blood should have his own blood shed by man. I am pretty sure that applies to murderers and muggers rather than to soldiers and policemen.

Yahushua told us, "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, don't resist him who is evil. If someone strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. If any man would take you to court and take away your jacket, give him your overcoat as well. Whoever forces you to go with him one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from the one who would borrow from you." He did this, I am convinced, in order to quiet the likes of those who would use His words as justification for violence. Moreover, have you forgotten that Dawid was not allowed to build Yahuwah's temple because he had been a man of war and had shed man's blood? Yahushua is the Prince of Peace, and we are to be as gentle as doves ourselves.

Those who have taken it upon themselves to govern nations and states and counties and cities are charged before Yahuwah with maintaining peace and safety for their citizens. We citizens have no such authority or right before Yahuwah. You cannot produce a single scripture passage which clearly and without a doubt authorizes self-defense or one-on-one murder.

Yes, the perversity of the priests charges us emotionally and we would see them harshly punished, but those feelings do not justify wicked acts on our part.
Offline RobertMV  
#44 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:24:03 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

flintface wrote:
No, not enough said at all.

To whom was Yahuwah speaking in the Torah? Was He addressing individuals? No. He was addressing a nation of His people. No nation on earth today can claim that privileged description. So the kinsman avenger allowance is no longer in effect.

It is a heavenly rule that whoever sheds man's blood should have his own blood shed by man. I am pretty sure that applies to murderers and muggers rather than to soldiers and policemen.

Yahushua told us, "You have heard that it was said, 'An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.' But I say to you, don't resist him who is evil. If someone strikes you on your right cheek, turn to him the other also. If any man would take you to court and take away your jacket, give him your overcoat as well. Whoever forces you to go with him one mile, go with him two. Give to him who asks of you, and do not turn away from the one who would borrow from you." He did this, I am convinced, in order to quiet the likes of those who would use His words as justification for violence. Moreover, have you forgotten that Dawid was not allowed to build Yahuwah's temple because he had been a man of war and had shed man's blood? Yahushua is the Prince of Peace, and we are to be as gentle as doves ourselves.

Those who have taken it upon themselves to govern nations and states and counties and cities are charged before Yahuwah with maintaining peace and safety for their citizens. We citizens have no such authority or right before Yahuwah. You cannot produce a single scripture passage which clearly and without a doubt authorizes self-defense or one-on-one murder.

Yes, the perversity of the priests charges us emotionally and we would see them harshly punished, but those feelings do not justify wicked acts on our part.

Offline RobertMV  
#45 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:33:09 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

RobertMV wrote:

Richard what do you suppose happened to all the Israelites ? All 12 tribes ? They have got to be some where. And the jews are not all the Israelites, in fact not all jews are Israelites. The scriptures say : Gen 22:17 That in blessing I will bless thee, and in multiplying I will multiply thy seed as the stars of the heaven, and as the sand which is upon the sea shore; and thy seed shall possess the gate of his enemies;... this is a multitude of people. Ecc 3:14 I know that, whatsoever God doeth, it shall be for ever: nothing can be put to it, nor any thing taken from it: and God doeth it, that men should fear before him. The "Israelites" are out there, and all the promises and commandments to and about them are still in force.

As far as resisting evil, the authorites have the right and responsibility to arrest, prosecute and carry out the sentences. Of course we're not supposed to run around killing people for no good reason, that's murder. Protecting yourself or someone else is not "murder". My opinion. Psalm 97:10 Ye that love the Lord (yeh-ho-vaw), hate evil. Yes the scripture say's turn the other cheek, but it doesn't say what we are to do after that. Anyway, I don't want to argue about it.
2Ti 2:14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord (supreme authority) that they strive not about words to no profit, but to the subverting of the hearers. You may not think this is scripture, but I do, and I think it is sound doctrine. Josie
Offline RobertMV  
#46 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:34:52 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

RobertMV wrote:

Bye the Bye, how did you make the scripture red ? Josie
Offline RobertMV  
#47 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:58:42 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

Hey old Flintface. as you can see Josie and I share the same user, one flesh, one mind. Now let's see if I get this right. We are not suppose to defend ourself's, correct? Tell me then what the Armed Forces of this nation are for ? To protect us, if so , how ? By "words" or by "guns" ? Was Chrissy resisting evil while in the Navy ? I learned a long time ago that the armed forces have one goal. To push and maintain our goals and beliefes as a nation. That was the way it use to be till the foe came to the Head of the House in this Nation. So you don't resist's ? Would you like to loan us some money , would you try to stop me from going through your wallet and taking what I want and then offer me your wifes purse ? Let's see if I got this right, I have four cheeks worth of slapping and taking as I wish ? eh ? I think your saying also that you really only believe and follow the Torah. Okay , that puts you in some great company , such as scribes and the Pharisees , oh yea the greatest slapper of all Caiaphas . I am happy that you love the Torah, but I have more to base my beliefs on, The Whole Word of God the Father, ABBA.
Offline RobertMV  
#48 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:57:30 AM(UTC)
RobertMV

flintface wrote:
Josie wrote:

(Buy the sword of his mouth) It might be that He knew we would be obliged to buy "Bibles" in these days. You may have a point there. Josie
Offline Richard  
#49 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 4:18:08 PM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Everyone, this thread has taken on the flavor of a personal attack on me by RobertMV. I apologize to y'all for that.

Yahushua and the twelve were Torah observant, as are we who frequent these forums. Caiphas and his cronies followed the rabbis and their Babylonian traditions, not the Torah. Since the company of the Son of Yahuwah, Moshe, the prophets, and all who obey the Father's commandments seems evil to my old childhood friend, I don't know what else I should say to the man. I am quitting this thread.

Luke 9:54-56

His taught ones, Ya῾aqob and Yohanan, seeing it said, “Master, do You wish us to command fire to come down from the heaven and destroy them, as also Eliyahu did?”
But having turned, He rebuked them and said, “You do not know of what spirit you are, for the Son of Adam did not come to destroy men’s lives but to save them.”
Offline Yada  
#50 Posted : Friday, November 26, 2010 9:00:27 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Yada - China has charged the Vatican with interfering with its "religious freedom." From CNN: http://religion.blogs.cn...ontrol-of-church/?hpt=T2

Yada's response:

Quote:
The Chinese are smart. Just as they have deflected criticisms relative to the devaluation of their currency by comparing it to the Fed flooding the world with dollars, they have prompted the RCC to interfere in Chinese "religious freedoms." It's brilliant. The RCC and the "Holy Father" were shown to be controlling and impotent all at the same time.