logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline James  
#1 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 9:04:44 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
This is an email exchange Yada recently had with a Catholic who was criticizing Yada Yahweh. I thought I would share.

H wrote:
I visited your "Yada Yahweh" site, following a link from possibly a Catholic site.

H, it's too bad that you didn't read it, for if you had with an open mind you would have been free of your religion and would have come to know Yahweh. God's truth is vastly superior to the church's lies.

H wrote:
I thank you very sincerely for your concern for the souls of Catholics, and only urge to take another look at history.
Our Father in heaven founded one true Church that has weathered every storm because He promised this.

The good news is that I have received many letters from former Catholics who have come to know Yahweh. In fact, the letter I answered right before this one came from such a person. All thinking people eventually come to recognize the flaws in their religion.

The bad news is that believers seldom think. Until you come to suwb in Hebrew, metanoeo in Greek, change your attitude, change your perspective, and change your thinking, and leave your religion, you will never know Yahweh. That is not my opinion; it is His.

There is no reference to a "church" in Scripture, nor any association between Yahweh and such a thing. So you would be wrong about this alleged "promise." He has done no such thing.

The Greek word which you have misrepresented is ekklesia, meaning called out assembly. It is based upon the Hebrew word miqra', meaning called out assembly. Yahweh's Seven Miqra'ey serve as the very essence of God's one and only plan of salvation--a plan completely ignored and corrupted by Catholicism. These steps to salvation include: Pesach, Matsah, Bikuwrym, Shabuwa', Taruw'ah, Kippurym, and Sukah (Passover, Unleavened Bread, FirstFruits, Seven Sabbaths, Trumpets, Reconciliations, and Shelters). You will find them in the heart of the Torah, in Leviticus, and in Deuteronomy, or by reading the Called Out volume of Yada Yahweh.

The Father's name is Yahuweh, and Catholics have banned its use in their churches. That should be proof enough that their is no such association--at least if you are willing to consider the 7000 times Yahweh's name appears in His Word and think rationally.

H wrote:
Throughout history it has been there for the world to see, "so that the world may know," unmistakable to anyone who looks honestly.

Yes, the deeds of Roman Catholicism are available for the whole world to know. But most everything they have taught, said and done is contrary to the Word of God and all too often horrible.

Any honest comparison between the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms (aka, God's Word) and Roman Catholicism demonstrates that they differ materially on every significant issue. As such there is no way to be an informed and rational Catholic (or Christian for that matter). Any religion which continuously and consistently contradicts and corrupts the writings of the God they claim authorized their existence is a fraud. It is really that simple.

Proof of these contradictions include:

Sunday for the Sabbath,
Church for Called Out Assembly
Bible and Old Testament for Torah, Prophets, and Psalms
Easter for FirstFruits
The Eucharist for Passover
Christmas for Shelters
The elimination of the Miqra' of Unleavened Bread
The elimination of the Day of Reconciliation
Lord for Yahuweh
Jesus for Yahshua
Christ for Mesiyah
Holy for Set Apart
Ghost for Ruwach Spirit
Cross for Upright Pillar
The Vatican for Yaruwshalaym
The observation of Lent
Statues and Prayers to Mary
Reverence for Saints
And the list goes on and on and on....

Plus in Roman Catholic edits, rituals, and customs there have been countless violations of Yahweh's Word, especially His Commandments, of which the RCC is in absolute violation of the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, and 9th. For this understanding I'd encourage you to read the Shabat chapter in the Genesis volume of YY.

At issue H is that you do not know Yahweh's Word and thus it has been easy for Roman Catholic priests to fool you. And yet, based upon their most recent cover ups of priestly pedophilia around the world at the highest levels, why do you believe them? When they contradict the God you claim to believe, why do you believe them?

H wrote:
This is really just faith in God's ability to ensure that he who seeks, in any age since Christ walked the earth, will find the whole Truth.

Faith is the absence of knowing, as is belief. Yahweh makes it possible for us to know Him, and thus He has no interest in faith or belief.

According to Yahuweh and to the Messiyah Yahushua, the whole truth is found in Yahweh's Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. The message of the Roman Catholic Church is the antithesis of the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. So, while the truth has been available for 3400 years, and thus available to those of any age since then who seek to know it with an open mind, the RCC has served to lead billions of souls away from the whole truth by their counterfeits and lies.

The Messiyah (meaning the Implement doing the work of Yah), rather than the "Christ" which means "drugged," (this too is demonstrated in YY if you will take the time to read it) was the living embodiment of the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms.

H wrote:
The early Church (of the Apostles, Polycarp, Ignatius, Justin, etc.) has been distinctly present throughout history, even if it has been infected and assaulted, from within and without, continually. But then, if 8.33% of the Church leaders chosen by Christ Himself were corrupt enough to collaborate in His execution, can we expect a more pure Church?

The Apostles had nothing to do with a "Church." Shim'own Kephas, Yahuchanan, Mattiyahu, and Ya'aqob, as well as Yahushua, went to the synagogue and studied the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. And they observed the Sabbath and the seven Miqra. The "church" is a product of Paul's poison pen as manifest in Roman Catholicism.

The rest of the fellows in your list you can keep to yourself, especially Ignatius.

The Messiyah did not create nor establish nor choose people for something called a "church." You have been deceived by your church and errant translations. I hope, but don't expect that you will discover the truth for yourself and break free of their delusions.

Judas simply pointed Yahushua out to those who wanted Him silenced. Being a disciple did not make him a "church member" as there was no such thing at the time. In fact, the Called-Out Assembly wasn't even born until Shabuwa--Seven Sabbaths, seven weeks later. And it was the Romans who executed the Messiyah's body (not soul or spirit), and they most certainly weren't members of a church either.

H wrote:
Your judgment of the Roman Catholic Church was evidently made before you started your study of history, hence the rather selective marshalling and mingling of facts and prejudgments. There are many fair-minded, or at least fairly objective, history texts available, regrettably little by overtly Protestant historians.

My conclusions were made after I started studying Yahweh's Word. It was then that I studied Roman Catholic history so that I could accurately reveal how completely different Roman Catholicism is from the Word of God.

But don't take my word on it. Read the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms and compare Yahweh's Word to that of your Church. Read Yahshua's Sermon on the Mount and compare it to your Church. Read Yahshua's three Revelation letters to the Universal Assembly, beginning with Pergamos and learn for yourself that Yahshua says that your church is the seat of Satan, married to lord Ba'al (aka Satan), and is dead.

I am not a Protestant historian. I am equally against Protestant and Evangelical Christianity. They are 95% as errant and corrupt as Catholicism.

But if you can demonstrate that I have translated Yahweh's Word incorrectly, or that I have misunderstood it, as it is presented in the 2500 pages of Yada Yahweh and Questioning Paul, then I'll gladly correct any error you find. And if I have inaccurately stated a historical fact related to Roman Catholicism in the book, if you let me know where and prove it then I'll change those comments as well.

But be advised, unless you can reconcile Yahweh's Word, His Commandments, His Sabbath, and His Mow'ed Miqra'ey with Roman Catholicism, you will be wasting your time (and your soul).

H wrote:
Gratefully in Christ,
H

In Yahuweh's Name,

Yada
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 9:07:34 AM(UTC)
James
Man

H wrote:
Yada,

Thank you so much for the thoughtful reply. I have just a minutes now, so I can reply only very briefly and incompletely - with a question and an observation.

Where was your religion over the course of history? If a believer wanted to know how to live the life to which he is invited by God, where would he find your teachings? Did this disappear from history?

H,

I am very disappointed in your reply. I was hopeful that you would be better informed, more thoughtful, even logical. But alas, you are poorly informed and are not thinking clearly. And since you chose not to deal with any of the issues I raised in my reply, a continued discussion with you is probably a waste of time. And while that sounds harsh, it is none the less an accurate reflection of your last two emails.

But since I typically give people a second chance when it comes to exposing the truth, I will affirm that I do not have a religion. God does not have a religion. Yahweh is anti religious as is Yahshua. So your question demonstrates a complete ignorance of God's Word and also that you have not read the book you are criticizing.

I do not have my own "teachings." I translate and share what Yahweh teaches. Yahweh's teachings are in the Torah Prophets and Psalms. They have never disappeared from history, although your church did its best to hide them from everyone for a thousand years.

You have demonstrated the consequence of religion by this response, H, in that you have shown that you are currently incapable of making a rational judgment based upon evidence and reason. Until you can deal with the fact that your religion is counter to God's Word, no one can help you, not even God.

H wrote:
The "Church" is the Body of Christ, the spouse of the Lord Jesus, comprising those who are "one bread" (1 Cor. 10; 1 Tim. 3:15, etc.) Scripture and tradition are quite clear on this. If you come to your own conclusions, your private judgment of Scripture or tradition, then you are de facto Protestant. You need not agree with the Baptists or Calvinists to be Protestant, only to reject the Catholic Church.

Paul was the wolf in sheep's clothing, the false prophet, and lying self-proclaimed Apostle that Yahshua constantly warned us about. In Corinthians he admitted to being demon possessed. In Acts he quoted Dionysus's most famous line and attributed it to Yahshua. He never once quoted Yahweh or Yahshua accurately. Most everything Paul wrote is in conflict with the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms, which means that he could not have been speaking for God as he claims. God does not contradict Himself. He does not change. So, to quote Paul is to share Satan's perspective on God. Paul's writings are not Scripture. And they are not clear. His letters are very, very poorly written. As proof of this, read www.QuestioningPaul.com.

Lord is Satan's title according to Yahweh. There was no person named "Jesus" in the first century CE. There was no person known as the "Christ" either, but instead the Messiyah or the Chrestus (an entirely different word). The "body" of the Messiyah Yahushua was only meaningful as it relates to the fulfillment of Pesach. Neither Yahweh nor Yahshua ever equate a relationship with them with a physical body--and instead claim the opposite. Paul alone, in direct conflict with God, promoted the idiotic, impossible, and counter-productive notion of us having our own physical bodies in heaven. The ekklesia is based upon the miqra'ey and the work of Yahweh, not the body of anyone.

What I have shared with you is what Yahweh has shared with us. Your ad hominem argument is therefore inappropriate. It is an admission that you cannot refute what I have shared with you.

And it is equally irrational to say that rejection of the Catholic Church makes a person a Protestant, or that understanding what Yahweh revealed makes a person a Protestant. Are you so religious that you cannot think for yourself?

If you want to defend your church, then you need to demonstrate that the list of changes and corruptions I shared with you are not in fact changes or corruptions. If you cannot do that, you do not have a defensible position.

H wrote:
One cannot be any closer to God, know Him and experience His unthinkable love more intimately, than in the the Eucharist, in which He, the One Who both spead the stars across the sky, offers to surrender Himself wholly to each one of us, body, blood, soul, and divinity. What more could anyone want or need in this world?

There is no Eucharist in Scripture. Yahshua was observing Passover. So, once again your conclusion is inconsistent with Yahweh's Word and reveals that you are so polluted by your religion that you'd rather believe the lies they have fed you than know or trust the Word of God. Good luck with that H.

Yahweh told us what we "need" in this world to be saved. But since you believe your church, and don't know or care about what Yahweh told us, you haven't a clue as to what is required. But should you one day come to reject your religion, then you may want to read the Torah to find out that you need Passover, Unleavened Bread, FirstFruits, Seven Sabbaths, Trumpets, Reconciliations, and Shelters. In the Second Commandment, the one Catholics violate every day with their crucifixes and statues of Mary, Yahweh said that His mercy was for "thousands," not millions or billions (thereby excluding Catholicism) and that it was for those who "observe His instructions." His instructions, like His commandments, are found in the Torah.

H wrote:
Gratefully, in the Jesus the Nazorean, and His Holy Mother,
H

The first use of "Jesus" was in the 16th century. Gesus is the savior of the Druid religion where the Horned One is God. There was no J in Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, or even Latin. Yahshua's name (meaning Yahweh Saves) could not have been "Jesus." And in the Greek Writings, the Savior's name is never written out. It is always represented by a Divine Placeholder, so the excuse that "jesus" is a feeble transliteration of "Ieosus" isn't justified.

There is no word related to Holy in Scripture. Yahweh wrote qodesh, which means "set apart and purifying." It is our Spiritual Mother, the Ruwach Qodesh, the Set-Apart Spirit, who is responsible for our adoption into Yahweh's family. Devotion to "His Holy Mother" is a direct derivative of the Babylonian religion upon which most of Catholicism is derived. It is from Babylon that Catholics came to celebrate Lent, Easter, and Christmas, as well as the Queen of Heaven and Mother of God.

You have been deceived, H, by the very people you have chosen to believe. If you do not start to question them, and then come to consider what Yahweh actually revealed, this mistake in judgment will cost you your soul.

In Yahuweh's Name,

Yada

PS, Unless you can prove that my translations of Yahweh's Word are inaccurate, or that my statements regarding the Catholic Church's replacements of Lent, Easter, Christmas, and Sunday Worship are inaccurate, there is no reason for you to write me again, H. You would be wasting your time and mine.

Offline James  
#3 Posted : Friday, May 21, 2010 9:09:49 AM(UTC)
James
Man

J wrote:
P.S. The most imnportant question I would ask you though is this: To what authority do you refer in matters of belief?

J, I have told H that I am opposed to "belief." Those who believe do not know. Yahweh has made it possible to know Him, and thus made belief irrelevant, even counter productive. Belief fills the void when information is inadequate to know.

As to what authority I refer to, it is the Word of God, Yahweh's Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. There is no other reliable authority.

This is good enough for me: “Yahuweh’s (YaHuWeH’s) Towrah (towrah – law and prescriptions for living) is complete and entirely perfect (tamym – without defect, lacking nothing, correct, sound, genuine, right, helpful, healthful, beneficial, and true), returning, restoring, and transforming (suwb – turning around) the soul (nepesh – consciousness). Yahuweh’s testimony is trustworthy and reliable (‘aman – verifiable, confirming, supportive, and establishing), making understanding and obtaining wisdom (hakam – educating and enlightening oneself to the point of comprehension) simple for the open-minded.” (Psalm 19:7)

J wrote:
And a second one: Do you have any personal experience with the Catholic Church?

Yes.

J wrote:
I ask your pardon for the inadequate review of your writings. I have a large family and little time left over. I do know that the sacrament of confession (Jn. 20:23) quite simply restored me to life, a not insignificant gift of the Church.

J

If you or H haven't read my review of Yahweh's Word then you should not have criticized it.

The verse you have referenced isn't a "sacrament" nor a "confession." It is incapable by itself of restoring life. Life is extended by way of Passover and our souls are restored by way of Unleavened Bread, so that on FirstFruits we are born anew into Yahweh's family. That was the context of this statement--all of which you missed. Further, the Church does not have nor offer a life restoring gift. The gift of restored life is from Yahweh and is His alone to give.

Yada

Offline James  
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 22, 2010 5:54:35 AM(UTC)
James
Man

J wrote:
Yada,

I will reply for H.

I have not yet carefully reviewed your writings because if we differ on first principles, dialogue will be futile until we identify these differences.

J,

I am not interested in dialog with you, J or H. Your opinions mean nothing to me. No offense; it's just that I don't respect the opinions of religious people nor find them of any value. If I want to know something about God, I'll read His Word.

I responded to H's ignorant and irrational criticism of my presentation of the conflicts between Roman Catholicism and Yahweh's Word. She and you have thus far been unable to refute anything that is published in Yada Yahweh, and you both seem completely lost in your religion so there is no merit in continuing with either of you. No one can help you find your way to God until you are willing to leave your religion. It is a point Yahweh makes many times over, many of which are presented for you to read in www.YadaYahweh.com should you be interested in proof.

J wrote:
Therefore I asked about the authority to which you refer for truths about what you know of God. What do you mean by the "Word of God."

How could you not know the answer to this question? Yahweh answered this question as did Yahshua. Yahweh's Word = Torah, Prophets, Psalms.

J wrote:
At least in the NT this refers to the Incarnation, the Logos, which of course you know better than I means considerably more than "Word."

By being the human manifestation of the Logos/Word, Yahshua was the Torah in the flesh. There was no NT when Yahuchanan penned those words.

Moreover, most every significant statement and act attributed to Yahshua by Mattiyahu, Shim'own Kephas (in Mark), and Yahuchanan was predicted and described in great detail in the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. In fact, most of what Yahshua said was cited from Yahweh's Word, and His fulfillment of Passover, Unleavened Bread, and FirstFruits are far better detailed in the T,P&P. The statement regarding Yahshua (who is accurately name in the T,P&P) being the Dabar/Word is much more completely presented in the T,P&P as well. All of this is presented and proven in Yada Yahweh, which is free for you to read at www.YadaYahweh.com.

The title New Testament was conceived by Marcion, as was the term Old Testament. They are not Scriptural designations. Marcion was a very very misguided fellow. He's the guy who elevated Paul's letters to "Scriptural" status, because they are contrary to Yahweh--the God Marcion hated. If you'd like to know more about him, you should read www.QuestioningPaul.com.

God never once refers to what you call the NT, nor ever even suggests that it is Scripture or inspired by Him. The best that can be said of these writings is that to the degree that Yahshua's words have been accurately translated from Hebrew and Aramaic to Greek, and then accurately retained by scribes (which based upon the evidence has been abysmal in your NT), Yahshua's words would be equivalent to God's Word. But you will have to remove everything that Paul wrote and it all conflicts with God's Word and you will have to deal with the fact that no two manuscripts are even remotely similar so we don't have a clue as to what was originally written beyond Yahuchanan.

J wrote:
To the extent that you refer to elements of the "OT" and "NT," I agree that it is the written repository of Truth, but, and this appears to be crucial, the Scriptures are not perspicuous.

I don't refer to the OT or NT as those are both errant terms.

But since you agree that the "OT" is the written repository of Truth, why are you a Catholic? Catholicism is in complete conflict with the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. If God's Word is true, Catholicism is not.

Paul's letters are not perspicuous. They are very poorly written. But then again, they are not Scripture.

But the Torah is beautifully and clearly written. It is perspicuous: "clearly expressed and therefore easy to understand." Your opinion is the antithesis of Yahweh's:

“Yahuweh’s (YaHuWeH’s) Towrah (towrah – law and prescriptions for living) is complete and entirely perfect (tamym – without defect, lacking nothing, correct, sound, genuine, right, helpful, healthful, beneficial, and true), returning, restoring, and transforming (suwb – turning around) the soul (nepesh – consciousness). Yahuweh’s testimony is trustworthy and reliable (‘aman – verifiable, confirming, supportive, and establishing), making understanding and obtaining wisdom (hakam – educating and enlightening oneself to the point of comprehension) simple for the open-minded.” (Psalm 19:7)

So, your "crucial" statement that the "Scriptures are not perspicuous" is in direct conflict with God's Word--as is your religion by the way. This alone should be sufficient to cause you to leave the Church.

J wrote:
Someone once said it this way: The Scriptures are like a clay nose, we can turn it any way we want. Your exegesis is different from that of Thomas Acquinas. How do you know that you are right and he is wrong? This is the Protestant problem.

So you believe you are right because the Roman Catholic Church has said so. Now there is a compelling argument. You trust the interpretation of an institution which contradicts God's Word in countless material ways to tell you how to interpret that which they contradict. From Yahweh's perspective that is stupid.

TA's interpretation is as irrelevant to me as is yours. Yahweh warns us against doing this very thing. Yahweh's message is clearly presented and the words all have well defined meanings. Understanding what He has revealed isn't therefore a matter of interpretation, but instead a matter of accurately defining each word. And that is the basis of Yada Yahweh.

We have older, better manuscripts of the T,P&P today, and better Hebrew lexicons, than TA had in his day. So we are vastly better prepared to understand Yahweh's message today than he was.

As for calling Yahweh's Word a "clay nose which can be turned," I'll leave you to such foolishness.

J wrote:
And your answer to the question about the history of yoour understanding - your gnosis? - would be very helpful. You need not dismiss the question with your dismissal of the word "belief." If you will charitably search my imprecision for my intent, you will see

Yahweh dismisses the concept of "belief" in favor of knowing, trusting, and relying, so that's good enough for me. Especially since He provides all of the proof which is required to know, and all of the information which is required to understand and thus rely.

And the history of my understanding is devoting 12 hours a day, 6 days a week, for 6 years translating Yahweh's Word from the oldest available manuscripts and then making the obvious connections so as to facilitate understanding.

But that is irrelevant. This is not about me. The issue is that Yahweh's Word differs in countless material ways from the teachings of Roman Catholicism. And that is a lose-lose position for Catholics. They lose no matter if Yahweh's Word is truthful or not.

J wrote:
that the question could have been worded in other ways, such as: Where in history can we find your understanding of the knowledge of God, and the relationship He offers?

IN THE TORAH, PROPHETS, AND PSALMS.

J wrote:
If you have discovered the Truth, God surely did not keep it hidden from the numberless generations who followed the Logos to the best of their ability. If you propose that He did, then haven't you declared yourself a prophet, like Joseph Smith?

I didn't "discover" the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. I have simply studied God's Word. It was not hidden by God, although the RCC has tried to hide it.

Man was given freewill, and thus the option to corrupt and conceal Yahweh's name and testimony. Yahweh predicted we would do this and warned us about it. So the "hiding" issue isn't Yahweh's fault, nor His intent, by instead the fault and intent of religious men.

Following the false characterization of the Messiyah Yahshua presented in Roman Catholicism does not lead to God no matter how sincere the believer. That is why few find life, and why Yahweh's mercy is only for thousands, not millions or billions.

There is only one path which leads to Yahweh--the one He described in the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. All other paths lead to oblivion. It's not a matter of what we believe, or how much we believe it, but instead in what and who we know, trust, and rely.

If the best you can do is to create a straw man, you aren't capable of a rational discussion. I never call myself a prophet. In fact in the opening chapter of the book I clearly state that I am irrelevant. I'm telling you what Yahweh said. The fact that His message is unknown and unfamiliar to you is your fault, and the fault of religious institutions.

J wrote:
I defer to your linguistic expertise. I only offer that whether I call Him Yashua or Jesus, I am concerned only to refer to the Son of God, the Logos made flesh (as in the Gosepl of John - if you accept this), of Whose name I am despicably unworthy to give utterance, so that perhaps only a place holder is in fact appropriate.

Gratefully,
J

Okay J and H, I understand that you don't care what Yahweh's name is, nor care about the name He used to define His mission. I understand that you do not know nor care that "Gospel" is a pagan term, or that Yahuchanan's name was not John. Yahweh's position on this matter is the antithesis of your own, not that this will matter to you.

And you are fooling yourself when you refer to "Jesus" as the Logos/Word. You don't know or care about the Word of God. For you and your church, the connection between Yahshua and Yahweh, between Yahshua and the Torah, has been severed, rendering His Passover and Unleavened Bread sacrifices moot. In fact, you don't even respect what Yahshua told you about the Torah, Prophets, and Psalms. You are like the fellows on the road to Emmaus, save the visit by Yahshua.

If you do not understand the basis of His life, the promises He fulfilled, the source of His message, you do not know Him.

J, unless you can demonstrate that I have mistranslated Yahweh's Word in Yada Yahweh, or misrepresented the the Catholic positions like Sunday Worship, Easter, Christmas, the cross, and statues to Mary, and how they conflict with Yahweh's Word, then we have nothing more to discuss.

My policy is to invest the time to help a religious person twice, but not a third time. That is one more time that Yahshua requested. If you leave your religion and are open to Yahweh's Word, that is a different situation, and then I'll invest whatever time is helpful to point you in the right direction. But I do not think you are remotely close to being open minded or free from your religion.

In Yahweh's Name,

Yada

Offline pauljw  
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 23, 2010 6:07:18 AM(UTC)
pauljw

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks for sharing this email exchange with us. Yada's responses are helpful in each of our quest for truth. I have only recently (close to two years now) learned of YY and have been studying as much as I can. The scales seemed to just drop from my eyes as I read Yahweh's words. I have been absolutely amazed by the Scriptures.

I have also been amazed at the resistance others throw up to accepting this truth and cling to the false doctrines of religion. I'm angry at religion as I'm fairly certain that my wonderful, loving and religious Protestant parents have been lost. They're gone now, and I can do nothing to correct the error. I attempted to talk to my mom last year but she just didn't understand and started fearing for my soul. She was 89 and a lifelong Presbyterian. Dad had already passed before I learned the truth, but he most likely wouldn't have listened either. This tears my heart out. I have sent the link to YY to my adult son and my brothers but haven't gotten any feedback. I'm not a "preacher" type at all, I live by the axiom that "you can lead the horse to water, but you can't make him drink." I pray that they will take the time to read with an open mind what Yahweh has revealed and Yada so wonderfully explains. I really wish that Yada would publish YY so we could have a hard copy for the time in the not too distant future when the internet is no longer available. I do understand the costs and also that I can print the chapters myself, but that cost is almost prohibitive too. I am working on it though. :)

I guess I've taken up enough bandwidth for now. I just wanted to thank Yada and everyone here for all the work and support done and offered. It's good to have a home and family in Yahweh.

Paul

PS - I know this is off topic, but I've been struggling with finding a way to effectively teach this to my daughter (9yrs old.) Yada's work is way over her head and she just gets bored during our discussions. Anyone have a source for kid friendly lessons? Thx.
Offline danshelper  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 25, 2010 3:52:05 PM(UTC)
danshelper

Welcome Paul,
All of us who have been led to the YY website have learned so much about the false teachings of Christianity and religions of whatever flavor. We are all blessed to be given knowledge of the truth and Yada has been a mighty instrument in exposing the compromise and lies of religion. This is what I would humbly suggest as a focus for you with your daughter - the preeminence of relationship over religion.

YHWH is relationship - that is His substance and that is His desire - from what I am learning. We're called to live out this truth in our relationships with others - especially in marriage and parenting. Live out faithfulness in marriage to your daughter. Live out faithfulness as a father. These are the greatest lessons you can teach her. The second thing I would humbly suggest is to speak the truth in love. Be patient with those in your family who are not at the stage that you are in understanding truth. And never forget that YHWH is Sovereign over all things - including our understanding of Him. He is Sovereign over the when, where, how ... of our understanding of Him. All the truth we have is a gift from Him.

Be cautious not to wield the truth as a weapon to tear people down. We're called to tear down false teaching, but we're also called to build up people - through compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. Can there be any better "curriculum" for our children that living out in front of them the relationship and truth with which we've been so blessed by Our Father?

YHWH bless you as your live out the precious gift of this eternal relationship before your family.

Karen
Offline pauljw  
#7 Posted : Friday, May 28, 2010 5:57:53 PM(UTC)
pauljw

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thank you, Karen. I appreciate your thoughtful reply. I'll continue to do my best living the truth to the best of my ability and with the help of Yahweh and His Set-Apart Spirit. I know that He'll guide me.

Paul
Offline jpelham  
#8 Posted : Friday, June 11, 2010 7:33:34 PM(UTC)
jpelham

I am Catholic, am familiar with the exchange included above, and look forward to joining this discussion in a few days. In the mean time, why must you retain Hebrew and Greek terms for your fundamental concepts? One might be tempted to do this when translating certain specialized, culture-specific texts, but not Scripture.

On "Pentacost," the Holy Spirit ('holy' can, without violence, be defined as 'set-apart and revered') descended on the disciples, and they spoke the Truth to everyone in attendance, people of every tongue, in their own language. Hence there is no need, if you are thus guided, to use Hebrew or Greek for important terms. I have labored long over translations and understand the challenge. English is the richest language in the world, with sufficient resources to translate virtually anything.

Edited by user Saturday, June 12, 2010 5:31:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline RidesWithYah  
#9 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2010 4:21:17 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Quote:
English is the richest language in the world, with sufficient resources to translate anything.

Great!

Then would you mind translating the "Aleph Taw" found throughout the Hebrew?
Oh, and "Selah".
I've been wondering about those.

Thanks!
RWY.
Offline jpelham  
#10 Posted : Saturday, June 12, 2010 4:47:48 AM(UTC)
jpelham

RidesWithYah wrote:
Great!

Oh, and "Selah".

Thanks!
RWY.

I really am not competent to translate Hebrew. Evidently some mystery surrounds "selah," but it is an exception to the rule, or translation itself would be futile, and ultimately so too would dialogue. This may be another word that must be imported whole into English, which linguistic hospitality is why the language is so richly expressive.

The archetype is Pentacost, the birth of the 'Ekklesia of Yahushua' (the community of adherents to the Truth He taught about living in intimate communion with Him, i.e, the 'Christian Church'?, bearing His charge to spread this Truth). The Truth was transmitted to everyone in their own tongue, without a tutorial in Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic. The vital presence of the Holy Spirit enables such faithful transmission, especially to the unlettered. "Whoever does not enter the Kingdom of God as a little child shall not enter."

Edited by user Sunday, June 13, 2010 8:06:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Prodigal  
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2010 2:35:24 PM(UTC)
Prodigal

My limited understanding is that some words (Qodesh, Ruach, etc) are left as their Hebrew origins for a few reasons:
-They are titles and as such can be translated or transliterated to accurately convey their meaning.
-The current translations of some such words have become muddled by religion to give a reader a preconcieved notion, without thinking of the deeper meaning. "Holy" is a great example. It certainly can mean "set-apart", but it has all sorts of regal splendor and other "churchy" things attached to it from throughout the ages.

Also, since translations are necessarily imperfect (translators' preferences can play a major role in choosing what each word translates as; it's not as linear a process as we'd like), listing the Hebrew and Greek words calls to mind a multitude of meanings. For example, when we say Qodesh, it's not just "Set-apart" that comes to mind, but "cleansing and purifying" and all the other shadings on the meaning of the word.

I'm sure James or Swalchy could give you much better examples as they are much more learned in Hebrew and Greek, respectively.

As for the crux of your statement, we don't have to understand Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, or anything else to develop a relationship with our Heavenly Father, Yahuweh. I don't speak a word of any of them (beyond what I've read here) and I am working on my relationship. Yahuweh can work with any flawed instrument. We just have to put our trust in Him and come to rely on Him and His plan to start our relationships with Him.
Offline jpelham  
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 13, 2010 8:30:53 PM(UTC)
jpelham

Prodigal wrote:
My limited understanding is that some words (Qodesh, Ruach, etc) are left as their Hebrew origins for a few reasons:
-They are titles and as such can be translated or transliterated to accurately convey their meaning.
-The current translations of some such words have become muddled by religion to give a reader a preconcieved notion, without thinking of the deeper meaning. "Holy" is a great example. It certainly can mean "set-apart", but it has all sorts of regal splendor and other "churchy" things attached to it from throughout the ages.

Can you give me examples of "regal splendor and other "churchy" things attached to it from throughout the ages"?
Yahuweh's splendor is fearfully regal. I am aware of crass or childish misuse, but not of any misunderstanding of its conventional meaning.

Prodigal wrote:
Also, since translations are necessarily imperfect (translators' preferences can play a major role in choosing what each word translates as; it's not as linear a process as we'd like), listing the Hebrew and Greek words calls to mind a multitude of meanings. For example, when we say Qodesh, it's not just "Set-apart" that comes to mind, but "cleansing and purifying" and all the other shadings on the meaning of the word.
Quote:

"Holy" has always entailed 'set-apart' and 'sacred' among the people I know. It remains a 'set-apart' word. And to one who knows the 'Holy Spirit,' all of these meanings and many more are evoked, all expressing attributes of Yahuweh.

Prodigal wrote:
As for the crux of your statement, we don't have to understand Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, or anything else to develop a relationship with our Heavenly Father, Yahuweh. I don't speak a word of any of them (beyond what I've read here) and I am working on my relationship. Yahuweh can work with any flawed instrument. We just have to put our trust in Him and come to rely on Him and His plan to start our relationships with Him.

Yes, the relationship is everything, and it is my strength, my light, and my joy. The emphasis here is on words in their original tongues, to detach certain of them from all prior meanings by severing them from all prior translations.

Let me only urge you to be a conscientious student and study the alternatives yourself. I have discussed 'religion' with many people, and not one non-Catholic has avoided gross distortion of Catholic doctrine; most notably prejudiced and misinformed are those who rejected the Catholicism of their parents.
Offline Prodigal  
#13 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 1:40:34 AM(UTC)
Prodigal

Quote:
Can you give me examples of "regal splendor and other "churchy" things attached to it from throughout the ages"?
Yahuweh's splendor is fearfully regal. I am aware of crass or childish misuse, but not of any misunderstanding of its conventional meaning.

I'm not referring to what the textbook definition of "holy" happens to be. I'm talking about what the typical person would describe holy as, when asked. For me, it evokes images of purity, absolute goodness, ritualistic (as in holy water), separateness, blessedness, etc. I would submit that only about half of those are justified by the original word, Qodesh (and separateness would not have come to mind, for me, had it not been for this site).

Quote:
"Holy" has always entailed 'set-apart' and 'sacred' among the people I know. It remains a 'set-apart' word. And to one who knows the 'Holy Spirit,' all of these meanings and many more are evoked, all expressing attributes of Yahuweh.

Again, with the right mindset, you are correct. But it has been bantered around so much that for most, it was not much more than a proper adjective describing the spirit. This is similar to what has happened with Yahushua's name. In its original Hebrew, it literally means "Yahuweh is salvation". Thus, it is both a name and a mission statement. As Jesus, it is just a name, and has been separated completely from Yahuweh.

Quote:
Let me only urge you to be a conscientious student and study the alternatives yourself. I have discussed 'religion' with many people, and not one non-Catholic has avoided gross distortion of Catholic doctrine; most notably prejudiced and misinformed are those who rejected the Catholicism of their parents.

Born and raised Lutheran, so I am not that up to speed on Catholicism. What I know of it, I dislike because it aims to separate, rather than build a relationship with Yahuweh. I've followed your other discussions here and you seem to think we have a very distorted view of Catholicism. If these are not central to Catholicism, then what, pray tell, is?

-Where does Yahuweh ask for anything remotely approaching a pope (with authority to speak on behalf of God)?
-Where does Yahuweh tell us to pray to the dead (to intercede, perform miracles, etc), even if they're saints?
-Why ignore the second commandment (make no graven images: cross, rosary beads)?
-Why ignore the third commandment (do not advance or promote a desolation in Yahuweh's name: pagan origins of Easter, Christmas, Sunday worship, etc)?
-Why ignore the fourth commandment (observe Yahuweh's Sabbath)? I know you addressed this on the other thread, but it needs much more explanation.
-Why give Mary near-divine status?
-Where does priestly celibacy come from?
-Why the promotion of "the LORD", a title Yahuweh hates (see Hosea 2:16-17)?
-Where does purgatory come from (scripturally)?
-Why ignore Yahuweh's Miq'raey (sp?) (called out assemblies)?

These are just a few of many problems people here have with the Catholic church. As I said, I'm no expert on Catholicism, but I'm pretty sure most Catholics still revere the Pope, still pray to Mary and saints, still celebrate Easter, Christmas, require priests to be celibate, use the title LORD, instead of Yahuweh's name, and ignore Yahuweh's feasts and fasts. If "true" Catholicism calls these things wrong, then great! We're on the same page. But, the burden of proof is on you to demonstrate that what millions practice as Catholicism is very different from your "true" Catholicism.
Offline Steve in PA  
#14 Posted : Monday, June 14, 2010 6:42:24 AM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
jpelham was banned for two days so his reply will be delayed.

I would add to your list there...

-Why call every priest father? Why call the pope holy father?

Matthew 23:9 "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.
Offline CatholicMan  
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2010 11:48:45 AM(UTC)
CatholicMan

RidesWithYah wrote:
Great!

Oh, and "Selah".

Thanks!
RWY.

You have exactly two words from the OT, out of thousands, and puff up as if you have scored a point? You'll excuse me if I giggle a bit.
Offline CatholicMan  
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 9, 2010 11:57:23 AM(UTC)
CatholicMan

eh steve wrote:
jpelham was banned for two days so his reply will be delayed.

I would add to your list there...

-Why call every priest father? Why call the pope holy father?

Matthew 23:9 "Do not call anyone on earth your father; for One is your Father, He who is in heaven.

Didn't the Jews call Abraham 'father'? [Ac 7:2]. Yada uses Luke's Gospel/Acts to refute Paul's letter to the Galatians, so Acts can also be used to shed some light on this thread. If we are going to be 'torah observant', then using the term 'father' should have no problems.
Offline James  
#17 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 6:48:07 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Matthew 23:9 Yahushua makes it very clear we are not to use that term towards man, as the Catholic Church does. Calling Abraham father was as accurate as me calling my grandfather father. It is not being used as an honorific or as a title, but as a description. Abraham was the forefather of the Jews, just as my grandfather and my father would be my forefathers.

It is clear in the context that Yahushua is referring to use of father in a religious sense, not in a descriptive sense. The whole of Matthew 23 is an indictment of religion, while it was directed at rabbinical Judaism the same applies to all religions.

If Yahushua meant that we shouldn't call anyone ever father than 'Abraham name is a violation, it is derived from 'ab father. So we must use the context to realize that he meant it as a religious title. We should view no man as being between us and our Father in Heaven. What ever title they use, Father, Rabbi, Reverend, etc. The fact that he included Father in his explanation, and yet the Catholic Church choose that as their primary title is a scathing indictment of them.

Offline James  
#18 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 6:57:35 AM(UTC)
James
Man

CatholicMan wrote:
You have exactly two words from the OT, out of thousands, and puff up as if you have scored a point? You'll excuse me if I giggle a bit.

I think you have completely missed what was intended. The point he was making was that many of the Hebrew words that Yahuweh choose do not have a simple one word translation into English, and that to attempt to do so as English translators have done, is to loose the full meaning of the word.

jpelham had said that English is the richest language in the world, with sufficient resources to translate anything. While i would disagree with the idea that English is the richest language in the world I would completely agree that it does have the resources to translate anything, but that said our translators have not done so. There are many words which are either mistranslated or translated very deficiently so as to miss the point.