logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Prodigal  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 2:11:43 AM(UTC)
Prodigal

I know someone's posted about Ron Wyatt's discovery, but I saw this this morning and thought I'd share. I couldn't find any maps or anything to see where they're talking (other than Eastern Turkey).

http://www.foxnews.com/s...ark-found-turkey-ararat/

For some reason I can't find the Ron Wyatt thread now for comparison.
Offline cgb  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:18:29 AM(UTC)
cgb

Would that be the mountains in Northern Iran/Southern Turkmenistan. Seem to recall justification for this as the ark area being:

o The decendants of Noah traveled from the east to the plains of Shinar (couldn't be in Turkey)
o Many high mountains here too.
o Asking Scholars in Tehran regarding the name of one of the tallest mtn in this region meant "Where Noah landed" or something like that.

I think that was from Ron Wyatt but been a few years.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 29, 2010 5:00:27 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Got this email today. Richard Rives is the author of "Time is the Ally of Deceit".

Claims require someone to defend them. Facts do not!
Recently there has been a great deal of interest in Noah’s Ark. It seems that Chinese and Turkish explorers have located a wooden structure at an elevation of 13,000 feet on Mt. Ararat, and are stating that they are "99.9 percent sure" that they found the remnants of Noah’s Ark.

As a result, Wyatt Archaeological Research has been contacted by a large number of news agencies regarding Ron Wyatt’s discovery site near Dobugayazit, in far eastern Turkey. My response is that we will have to wait until more information is available before we can know for sure what is being presented by others; but that I can tell them about Ron’s site.

To begin, it must be understood that I do not attempt to defend any particular archaeological "claim." Each "claim," no matter who makes it, must stand on its own merit. Today everyone wants to tell us how to think. We at Wyatt Archaeological Research do not attempt to do that. We believe that each individual should make informed decisions based on evidence alone. Claims require someone to defend them. Facts do not.

Based on that premise, I believe that the following features of the site proposed by Ron Wyatt should be carefully considered:

A boat shaped object 300 cubits in length can plainly be seen in the mountains of Ararat or Urartu. Visible, equable, and symmetrical features can be examined. Subsurface Interface Radar scans reveal buried features which, once again, are equable and symmetrical.

Much of the material found at the site is fossilized and contains organic carbon, demonstrating that it was once associated with living matter. The presence of organic carbon has been verified by multiple scientific laboratories. Plant and animal fibers have also been found within the object and have been documented by way of forensic testing. In addition, metal artifacts found at the site are composed of a combination of metals such as modern day sophisticated alloys - once again, verified by metallurgical laboratories.

In 1990 I had the privilege to work with Ron Wyatt at the site. At that time we conducted what has become known as a mini-excavation. Basically, we cleaned a portion of one side of the object to reveal what Ron believed to be rib timbers. Shortly after that time, we were promised a permit for excavation by the Turkish government. While waiting on that permit, Ron and I, along with Marvin Wilson and Dr. Allen Roberts were taken hostage and ended up climbing mountains at the end of a gun for twenty one days. Since that time we have not been able to get the permits we need for further exploration.

We now have the equipment and the expertise to perform three dimensional subsurface radar scans. In 2006, I personally made a trip to Ankara, Turkey for a meeting with the Turkish government. Once again, I was promised a permit for investigation. Two weeks later the leadership within the government changed, and since that time we have not been able to get a permit for simple, noninvasive radar scans.

There have been additional "claims" regarding various Noah’s Ark sites with very little evidence to support them. Some of those making those "claims" are highly critical of Ron’s efforts, even to the point of personal attacks in an attempt to slander his reputation. That is not science. While critics may scoff, we at Wyatt Archaeological Research await the privilege to conduct legitimate scientific investigation. Until that time, we do not feel that it is unreasonable to suggest that Ron’s site warrants careful consideration.

Here’s what we know for sure:

Today in a world of philosophical theory, most people believe that the Bible is nothing more than a collection of fables. That is simply not true. Archaeology has proven over and over again that the Bible is an extremely accurate record of world history. That proof was provided by way of empirical evidence - not by way of supposition. Scripture informs us that without faith it is impossible to please our Creator. We know by faith that Noah’s Ark actually existed. As believers in Jesus Christ we must: "For had ye believed Moses, ye would have believed me: for he wrote of me. But if ye believe not his writings, how shall ye believe my words?" John 5:46-47

Richard Rives
President, Wyatt Archaeological Research

"Prove all things; hold fast that which is good."