logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline edStueart  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 2:24:22 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Nowadays, infidels pay the jizyah at the gas pump.
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline J&M  
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:39:49 AM(UTC)
J&M

You will find that the tax is 'disguised', hiding behind the cost of residence permits etc. Many Islamic states do not allow non-muslim immigration so there is only a jizyah on residency of foreigners, where muslims get a 'discount'.

A Business Visa for Egypt costs £90 for 6 months, Saudi is by invitation only and a 3 month Visa is about £100, but there is another component of this paid by the Saudi sponsor, I do not know how much this is.

Jews in Damascus and in Tehran pay Jizyah, and are kept in relative poverty. Israel has managed to get most of the Syrian Jews out except for those too old or infirm to 'escape'. Those in Tehran are problematic, they are basically being held hostage, the secret police take a special interest in any who have a dialogue with the Jews......
Offline J&M  
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 25, 2010 4:49:15 AM(UTC)
J&M

Have a look at http://www.oldamascus.com/jews.htm, this is the official line, there used to be an underground escape route until recently, to get Jews out of this Jewish 'Paradise'....

Makes Damascus sound like Theresienstadt http://en.wikipedia.org/...stadt_concentration_camp
User is suspended until 9/25/4475 5:01:34 PM(UTC) Semiticus  
#4 Posted : Friday, August 12, 2011 8:41:49 PM(UTC)
Semiticus

Quote:
I was trying to find a list of all the Islamic countries that officially implement the Jizyah/dhimmi tax on non-Muslims, and wasn't having much success on Google

That's because it's no longer implemented.

Quote:
You will find that the tax is 'disguised', hiding behind the cost of residence permits etc. Many Islamic states do not allow non-muslim immigration so there is only a jizyah on residency of foreigners, where muslims get a 'discount'.

A Business Visa for Egypt costs £90 for 6 months, Saudi is by invitation only and a 3 month Visa is about £100, but there is another component of this paid by the Saudi sponsor, I do not know how much this is.

Really? so Christian and Jewish citizens of those countries must pay this? Strange because when I, a Muslim, went to Egypt, I had to pay 10 times more than an Egyptian Christian to enter many places. How does that work if what you say is true?

Quote:
Jews in Damascus and in Tehran pay Jizyah, and are kept in relative poverty. Israel has managed to get most of the Syrian Jews out except for those too old or infirm to 'escape'. Those in Tehran are problematic, they are basically being held hostage, the secret police take a special interest in any who have a dialogue with the Jews......

Didn't most Arab Jews flee their countries when the Zionist state began expelling Palestinians from their homes? Fearing the Arabs in other countries would retaliate against them?
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 12:18:51 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Semiticus wrote:
when the Zionist state began expelling Palestinians from their homes?

Study a little real history a bit and not the propaganda that is out there, and you will learn that they were not expelled, they were told to leave by the neighboring Arab countries so that they wouldn't be caught in the crossfire when they invaded, and were promised that they would get their property back as soon as they wiped the Jews out. The same thing happened here in America during the revolutionary war when the Tories fled to Canada to make it easier for the British to take out the rebels. And when the British lost, those that fled weren't allowed to return. Sadly for the Arabs that fled Israel when their fellow Arabs lost rather than accepting them in to their countries, since they had told them to leave, as Canada accepted the British loyalist, most were forced into refuge camps.

Also there are no such people as Palestinians, there hasn't been a Palestinian since about the 3rd Century BCE. The people who today are called Palestinians are Arabians. In fact if you were to go back and read news papers from the 1900s- 1940s the only mention of Palestinians in that region of the world refereed to the Jews who lived in Palestine, the Arabs who lived there were always refereed to as Arabs.

Now you want to talk about a country expelling people look what happened in the creation of the country of Pakistan. It was formed right around the same time as Israel, and virtually all non Muslims were expelled, including the native Indians who had lived there for thousands of year. Once again the neighboring countries accepted them in and didn't force them into refuge camps. Most everything that Israel is accused of in their formation the Pakistanis were guilty of ten fold, yet no one ever bothers to point this out.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline FredSnell  
#6 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 1:19:31 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Islam will never allow infidels to rule over islamic land. It would cause practically every muslim in the middle east to go up in arms against the Jews. So as a wonderful fairy-tail of violent democratic free society, Israeli rule would be great. But in real life, Its actually worse.

http://voices.washington.../_one_of_the_givens.html

The reasons for these attitudes are pretty understandable, even healthy. Arabs say they prefer Israel's jobs, schools, health care and welfare benefits to those of a Palestinian state -- and their nationalism is not strong enough for them to set aside these advantages in order to live in an Arab country. The East Jerusalemites don't much love Israel -- they say they suffer from discrimination. But they seem to like what it has to offer. Remarkably, 56 percent said they traveled inside Israel at least once a week; 60 percent said access to its Mediterranean beaches was "very important" or "moderately important" to them.

http://www.politicsforum...um/viewtopic.php?t=92837

Poll: 77% of Israeli Arabs would rather live in Israel than in any other country in the world.

User is suspended until 9/25/4475 5:01:34 PM(UTC) Semiticus  
#7 Posted : Saturday, August 13, 2011 7:11:03 PM(UTC)
Semiticus

James,

Quote:
Study a little real history a bit and not the propaganda that is out there

I assure you I'm well read on the issue, and I'd suggest you are more likely the one falling victim to propaganda. Let me guess, "Land without a people for a people without a land"?

I'd suggest you have a read of even some of the more sensible Jewish historians like Benny Morris (Righteous victims), Ilan Pappe (Ethnic cleansing of Palestine) et. al.

Quote:
they were told to leave by the neighboring Arab countries so that they wouldn't be caught in the crossfire when they invaded, and were promised that they would get their property back as soon as they wiped the Jews out.

As above, have a read of some more objective histories, and you'll find most of this was hogwash that has been fed to the world's media to justify the expulsions. There's countless cases of documented operations by Zionist militias (the so called Plan Dalet) which resulted in the forced expulsion of hundreds of thousands of Palestinians from their homes.

Quote:
Also there are no such people as Palestinians

Well technically speaking there was no such people as Lebanese, Syrians, Iraqis, Saudis, Jordanians etc. either. Are you unaware the region was previously all part of the Ottoman Caliphate?

Just as you are not a Texan..

You are a person though (I assume) and your home probably is in Texas, and I don't think the naming convention of Texan vs. American really changes that does it?

Please let us dispense with the infantile antics.

Quote:
Now you want to talk about a country expelling people look what happened in the creation of the country of Pakistan. It was formed right around the same time as Israel, and virtually all non Muslims were expelled

This is true, although I don't know about being expelled, the population exchange was mutually agreed upon, and the partition plan (including the population exchange proposal) was drawn up by the British Viceroy of India, Louis Mountbatten. I'm sure a less informed audience would've allowed you to try and pass that off as some great evil committed by Muslims though.

Interesting too that you left out the fact that an equal number of Muslims left India for Pakistan.... was that out of ignorance? Or deceptiveness?
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Sunday, August 14, 2011 5:02:52 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Replying to this isn't worth the time and effort, however I will invest some.

Semiticus wrote:
I assure you I'm well read on the issue, and I'd suggest you are more likely the one falling victim to propaganda. Let me guess, "Land without a people for a people without a land"?

Actually I don't need a slogan to justify my position. Facts are enough.

Fact 1: the majority of the "land grab" in Israel was purchased by Jewish organizations and wealthy Jews from absentee land owners prior to the reformation of Israel. These land owners who owned land in the Ottoman province did not live there and like most people of the time viewed the land as worthless and uninhabitable. Read descriptions of the place prior to the formation of Israel. Mark Twain for example described it as follows, "A desolate country whose soil is rich enough, but is given over wholly to weeds… a silent mournful expanse…. a desolation…. we never saw a human being on the whole route…. hardly a tree or shrub anywhere. Even the olive tree and the cactus, those fast friends of a worthless soil, had almost deserted the country.”

Fact 2: Israel was created under the same mandate that created Jordan, so if Israel down't have a right to exist neither does Jordan.

Fact 3: It is the Arab Muslim countries who in over fifty years have failed to assimilate the refugees who fled to their countries. In that same period of time virtually every Jew who has fled oppression and slaughter in Muslim countries has been accepted and assimilated into Israel.

Fact 4: Arab Muslims citizens of Israel are the most free and have the most rights of any Muslim in the middle east. If you look at the worst and least free countries in the world most all of them are Muslim. Meanwhile Muslim citizens in Israel are free and prosperous.

Semiticus wrote:
I'd suggest you have a read of even some of the more sensible Jewish historians like Benny Morris (Righteous victims), Ilan Pappe (Ethnic cleansing of Palestine) et. al.

I prefer primary sources as opposed to agenda driven historians from either side. Read newspaper articles from the region and the world at the time.

Semiticus wrote:
Well technically speaking there was no such people as Lebanese, Syrians, Iraqis, Saudis, Jordanians etc. either. Are you unaware the region was previously all part of the Ottoman Caliphate?

I'm well aware of the history of the carving up of the Ottoman Empire. The difference is that the "Palestinians" took on a name, a decade or more after the formation of Israel, that gave the illusion that they had a history and a right to the land. Jordan was a part of the Palestinian mandate as well, why are they not called Palestinians? The name Palestinian is nothing more than a marketing myth.

Semiticus wrote:
This is true, although I don't know about being expelled, the population exchange was mutually agreed upon, and the partition plan (including the population exchange proposal) was drawn up by the British Viceroy of India, Louis Mountbatten. I'm sure a less informed audience would've allowed you to try and pass that off as some great evil committed by Muslims though.

Yeah agreed upon by politicians, tell that to the Indians who were removed from their generational homeland at gun point. And since we are accepting the British right to divide this land, why do we then deny their right to divide the Palestinian mandate as well. I didn't say it was a great evil I only pointed out that it was a VERY similar division as that of Israel and Jordan, and no one seems to consider it. So build your straw man somewhere else.

Semiticus wrote:
Interesting too that you left out the fact that an equal number of Muslims left India for Pakistan.... was that out of ignorance? Or deceptiveness?

It was not germane to the point therefore it was not necessary.

Interesting to me is that you are trying to portray an event that lead to the death of a million or more people as a peaceful transfer.

Just an FYI so you don't waste your time, everyone here is informed as to the true nature of Islam, and are well versed in it's violent history, as well as the "plight of the 'Palestinians'" so don't waste your time here trying to convince us that Islam is great and Israel is evil. Just leave, you are flailing in the wind here. As a Muslim my best advice to you is to inform yourself as to the true nature of your religion and prophet, read Prophet of Doom

Edited by user Monday, August 15, 2011 4:58:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Richard  
#9 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 7:23:59 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I second the advice from James. Please do not regurgitate the swill you have swallowed into our laps here.
Offline FredSnell  
#10 Posted : Monday, August 15, 2011 2:10:36 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
flintface wrote:
I second the advice from James. Please do not regurgitate the swill you have swallowed into our laps here.

I'll third that and the name of the tax alone offends me, ever before you look and understand what I-slams real meaning of it represents.