logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline zoidberg  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2007 6:36:44 PM(UTC)
zoidberg

Here's the repercussions in all its glory. It's so sad and demented i actually found it funny (yes, i need my head checked!)...

(found this at http://littlegreenfootba...og/?entry=26652&only)

http://www.radionetherla...rrentaffairs/ned070814mc

The Bishop of Breda, Tiny Muskens, wants people to start calling God Allah. He says the Netherlands should look to Indonesia, where the Christian churches already pray to Allah. It is also common in the Arab world: Christian and Muslim Arabs use the words God and Allah interchangeably.

Speaking on the Dutch TV programme Network on Monday evening, Bishop Muskens says it could take another 100 years but eventually the name Allah will be used by Dutch churches. And that will promote rapprochement between the two religions. ...

More than 30 years ago Bishop Muskens worked in Indonesia and, there, God was called Allah, even in Catholic churches. The Dutch should learn to get on spontaneously with different cultures, religions and behaviour patterns:

“Someone like me has prayed to Allah yang maha kuasa (Almighty God) for eight years in Indonesia and other priests for 20 or 30 years. In the heart of the Eucharist, God is called Allah over there, so why can’t we start doing that together?” ...

Bishop Muskens proposal will undoubtedly receive a warm welcome from the Islamic community in the Netherlands.
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2007 6:50:10 PM(UTC)
kp

Aaaarrrrgh! "My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge. Because you have rejected knowledge, I also will reject you from being priest for Me; Because you have forgotten the law of your God, I also will forget your children" (Hosea 4:6)

kp
Offline Tiffany  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2007 9:17:14 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Zoidberg,

I am not sure how to say this...but I agree with kp.

No where in the scriptures does Yahuweh assoicate himself with anything or anyone who uses the word allah, even just the word study alone on allah would be a contridiction as to who Yahuweh is.

I look at it this way, when Yahuweh experess his name some 7000 time in the Old Covenant alone there was to be some reason, in fact there are thousands of reason why you can not and should not ever call Yahuweh, allah.

By the way what exacty is your understanding as to which is the proper name for God?

Tiffany
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:23:13 PM(UTC)

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
On a positive note,

DUTCH anti-immigration politician Geert Wilders has called for the Koran to be banned in the Netherlands, branding it a "fascist book" in the vein of Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf which legitimises violence.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22211667-1702,00.html?from=public_rss
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2007 11:30:05 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

welcome Zoidberg! on a side note - I love futurama :)

I completly agree with everything everyone has said lol...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline zoidberg  
#6 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 5:20:50 AM(UTC)
zoidberg

Tiffany wrote:
Zoidberg,

I am not sure how to say this...but I agree with kp.

No where in the scriptures does Yahuweh assoicate himself with anything or anyone who uses the word allah, even just the word study alone on allah would be a contridiction as to who Yahuweh is.

I look at it this way, when Yahuweh experess his name some 7000 time in the Old Covenant alone there was to be some reason, in fact there are thousands of reason why you can not and should not ever call Yahuweh, allah.

By the way what exacty is your understanding as to which is the proper name for God?

Tiffany

Tiffany - i seem to get the vibe that you think that i agree with that bishop's position? If this is the case then it's not true - i think it's very silly that he would do this.

I think Yada mentions it, but "alla" in Greek (which i speakm ok-ish) means "although" or "but" which is kinda funny - in a way Allah's advertising himself as the adversary :) Rest assured i don't call Him that :)

I really don't have much of an understanding as yet - i wasn't brought up in a religious family or anything (which is a good thing :), and i only (perhaps in the last year?) became interested in scripture, which sorta sparked off when i was reading up about islam and listened to the Prophet of Doom audiobook. (PoD is a great reference btw - i have that and the Sira and it's great to be able to use that knowledge for any debate you may come across on youtube :)

Slowly slowly i'm learning! The prophetic stuff is really mind blowing.

Robskiwarrior - thanks for the welcome! - Hooray for Zoidberg!
Offline zoidberg  
#7 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 5:27:24 AM(UTC)
zoidberg

Guest wrote:
On a positive note,

DUTCH anti-immigration politician Geert Wilders has called for the Koran to be banned in the Netherlands, branding it a "fascist book" in the vein of Adolf Hitler's Mein Kampf which legitimises violence.

http://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,22211667-1702,00.html?from=public_rss

I don't think that would help - it like banning Mein Kampf - if that happened then how could we have learnt from it? Yada wouldn't have been able to write PoD without the Qur'an.
Offline Tiffany  
#8 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 7:07:23 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Hi Zoidberg,

I will admit I was a little skeptical from your first post, but I am so to know you are getting into YY.

Quote:
i seem to get the vibe that you think that i agree with that bishop's position? If this is the case then it's not true - i think it's very silly that he would do this.

His position is very odd, and I would say that I would be asking him who's agenda is his working. But my job is not to judge a mans heart, but to show him the truth.

Welcome! I am glad your here and look forward to seeing and learning from your insight.

Blessings
Offline shohn  
#9 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 8:28:56 AM(UTC)
shohn

Hrmmm... banning it may not help, but at the same time it raises awareness - I'm surprised that this isn't world headlines, but then again, I'm not surprised.

I wonder if he actually has some sense of what is going on. If he's got an email address, perhaps send him to PoD? You guys interested in sending a few messages with the hopes that one will get through? I wonder if this could work for other politicians as well, I'd imagine that 1 out of 1000 would listen, but it could help if the effort were distributed.

Also, zoidberg, maybe this will make you feel better, but I caught your drift on the Allah article.

Also, I did a search in YY and don't recall seeing a great deal about the etymology of Allah. Do you guys with logos have some ideas?

Shohn
--
Shohn of Texas
Offline kp  
#10 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 11:47:40 AM(UTC)
kp

Shohn, you're looking in the wrong Yada tome for damning evidence about Allah. You want to be looking at Prophet of Doom instead. Yada likes to keep 'em separate as much as possible. I'm sure you can see why.

kp
#11 Posted : Thursday, August 16, 2007 6:31:31 PM(UTC)

shohn wrote:

Also, zoidberg, maybe this will make you feel better, but I caught your drift on the Allah article.
Shohn

Cool :) I thought i was reasonably clear - but then again, i'm the one proof reading what i type :) I was sorta making a reference to the topic - "The nature and relevance of Yahweh's name and the repercussions of its removal from scripture."... never mind :) That and i also mentioned that i thought it was sad and demented :)

Swalchy wrote:

A group of christians in 2005 also put forward a court-case to have the Qur'an banned due it it being a pure mainifesto of evil.

Unfortunately, it didn't happen.

Heh, I wonder why... if they were labeled as "a group of Christians", their credibility in the public's eye would sink straight away i reckon... ahh well...
Offline Jeannie  
#12 Posted : Friday, August 17, 2007 5:28:49 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

I sent that news link to a friend of mine in the Netherlands and she was not concerned at all, it was like of course he is demented and we take no note. But the point with her was also she doesn't see any evil in the intent of his desires!! It wasn't she understood what Allah ment but that she liked God's name the way it was!!!!
Offline Yada  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 1:01:48 AM(UTC)
Yada

I came across another article entitled: Let's all call God Allah: Dutch bishop - you can read it here.

Here is the opening:

Quote:
A Roman Catholic Bishop in the Netherlands has proposed people of all faiths refer to God as Allah to foster understanding, stoking an already heated debate on religious tolerance in a country with one million Muslims.

Bishop Tiny Muskens, from the southern diocese of Breda, told Dutch television that God did not mind what he was named and that in Indonesia, where Bishop Muskens spent eight years, priests used the word "Allah" while celebrating Mass.

"Allah is a very beautiful word for God. Shouldn't we all say that from now on we will name God Allah?" he said.

"What does God care what we call him? It is our problem."

Sorry Bishop Tiny, God already has a name - it's the one He gave us - Yahuweh. And, yes He does care about it - He cares very much. It's a shame more of us don't - especially those in clergy.

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yochanon  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 8:18:04 AM(UTC)
Yochanon

greetings all....my only comment on this would be, that every day it seems the path to salvation gets narrower and narrower, or is it just me seeing this enveloping our world? I shudder to think how many good people will be led astray by these acts.
Offline Ruchamah  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 2:30:49 PM(UTC)
Ruchamah

on a lighter note:

alah in Hebrew means CURSE
akbar in Hebrew means MOUSE

Alah akbar! CURSE THE MOUSE!

Strong's #H423 and #H5909

Ruch
If you are going to walk on thin ice, you might as well dance.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 29, 2007 11:15:25 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Yochanon wrote:
greetings all....my only comment on this would be, that every day it seems the path to salvation gets narrower and narrower, or is it just me seeing this enveloping our world? I shudder to think how many good people will be led astray by these acts.

Welcome to the forums :)

Yes I understand what you mean Yochanon :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Koos  
#17 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2007 12:19:46 AM(UTC)
Koos
Man

Shalom!! A Blessed Shabbath to each and every Yawhuwdi brother and sister. This is terrible. I want to suggest that all of us who are acquainted with our website, send the website information to other addresses with particular emphasis on the The Prophet of Doom, Tea with Terrorists, etc. etc. Even challenging those recipients to invite Yada and Ken to address their nations on TV or radio. I personally make an effort to refer friends on the internet to yadayahweh and by means of this advertising internet users have to start to know this life giving site. Over a short period of time we could all saturate the web with our site.
Bless you and enjoy your shabbath as we, my wife and I, do.
Koos
Offline Joseph  
#18 Posted : Saturday, September 1, 2007 8:24:19 PM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

so a catholic bishop sincerely proposes that we invoke the advesary when praying to our Creator?! Kind of seems like HBS's work is all but done, dosen't it? I shake my head in wonder that the Trib is still 18 years away!
Offline zoidberg  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, September 4, 2007 6:48:24 AM(UTC)
zoidberg

Yada wrote:
I came across another article entitled: Let's all call God Allah: Dutch bishop - you can read it here.

Here is the opening:

Sorry Bishop Tiny, God already has a name - it's the one He gave us - Yahuweh. And, yes He does care about it - He cares very much. It's a shame more of us don't - especially those in clergy.

-Yada

This made me laugh - "Sure. Let's call God Allah. Let's then call a church a mosque and pray five times a day. Ramadan sounds like fun"

Teehee :)

Imagine bending over 5 times a day - one of those times at the crack of dawn... I'm struggling getting up at 8:30am to go to work...
Offline bitnet  
#20 Posted : Saturday, January 5, 2008 5:18:15 PM(UTC)
bitnet

This fascination with the name of Allah is a simple case of the tail wagging the dog. Historically, Islam came to Southeast Asia before Christianity. When the Europeans came bearing their bible, they wanted to preach and reach to the common man who understood Allah to be the supreme being. So guess what? They translated the bible and used Allah instead of LORD! So it was a case of switch to LORD to avoid blasphemy, and switch to Allah because of a desire for souls.

Over time, the Christians (Catholics included) in Indonesia gained some momentum but never really could expand because they were dealing with, well, a mostly Islamic nation. But they took notice of this tiny Hindu island called Bali and how they refused integration into the religion of Islam. So the Indonesian Christians perservered and they kept their Indonesian bible and used the name of Allah as was taught to them by the colonials!

Malaysia and Indonesia share a similar language so Malaysians did not take the trouble to translate the Bible but took the easy way out and relied upon the Indonesian bible. This took a twist when Malaysia refused and banned the Indonesian bible as the government was scared it would convert Malay Muslims to Christianity. If it the Bible is in English or Mandarin and used Allah it may not have mattered much, but if it is in the Malay language then it seems that the Christians want to proselytize to the Muslims as ALL Malays have to be Muslims!

The Christians in Malaysia were stunned! How could members of the Malaysian population that spoke the Malay language but who were not Muslims be denied their holy book in a land where freedom of religion is supposed to be practiced? So they protested and prayed and used the name of Allah in the churches and publications to induce the government to approve the Indonesian bible. The Malaysian government responded by continuing with the ban and withdrawing the publishing permit for the Catholic periodical called The Herald because it used Islamic words like Allah and "solat"! This led to further protests and a lawsuit was planned against the government. Suddenly, The Herald was given a permit and the publisher said that it was unconditional and that The Herald could use Allah.

The Christians rejoiced! But it was shortlived when the government said that the name of Allah and three other Islamic words are not to be used by non-Muslims, effectively putting the Indonesian bible out of reach again, and partially crippling The Herald in reaching out to its Malay speaking believers! Meanwhile, they continue to pray and use the name Allah in the churches in this region because the actual name used in Scripture has been lost. This fervour has caught on among visiting clerics from Europe and who think nothing of the problems caused by their forebears and instead rejoice at the wrong name. What an ironic tragedy!!!

Instead of taking this opportunity to correct a very serious mistake, they Malaysian Christians whine and opine about fairness and the lack of religious tolerance. I thought of writing to the newspapers here to encourage the Christians to re-write the bible to include the proper names but I do not want to be exposed at the moment. Perhaps KP or Swalchy or someone else here would like to do a service and write to the churches in Malaysia via The Star and The New Straits Times newspapers and tell them to use the proper names properly and understand Scripture better. Any takers?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.