logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline york mister  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 10:21:34 AM(UTC)
york mister

Hi all,

After observing the feasts for the first time since coming out (of Ur) I wanted to do a little summing up on where I am:

Observance
I am struggling with the notion of what to 'choose' from the Torah to do as part of the feasts. Yada, in Unleavened Bread 4, quoted the Torah in relation to being 'cut off' if we fail to observe as prescribed... i.e. eat any yeast.
What about all the other stuff we can't do (you all know what I mean)?

So I conclude that next year what I will do is:
Passover: keep the feast on the correct day, eat lamb and unleavened bread etc and show my children the relevance of the innocent lamb ... but do it as a memorial to Yahshua.. (A memorial being something that get's people to remember what has gone before them - that for me means Yahshua on the pole).

Unleavened Bread: I have eaten leavened bread over the last few days... I don't think Yahweh has cut me off, but next year I will not eat leaven because I think it's the least I can do as part of the memorial of what He did for me at that time nearly 2000 years ago.

Topic No 2
Bowing Down: Now I know that bowing down is one of Yada's big things based on how many times I've read it/heard it from him.
I can certainly see that Yahweh wants a relationship with us, to walk alongside us and that He died so we could stand up with Him, but... there are too many passages in scripture where Bowing Down is 'recommended'.

Ps 95:6 being the obvious one - "O come 935 , let us worship 7812 and bow down 3766 : let us kneel 1288 before 6440 the LORD 3068 our maker 6213

All I can see is that this bowing is a different word to the one used when flat on your face in front of a false god.. but it's still a bow.

I conclude that Bowing Down, bending the knee, is okay on occasions.. but it is to be done in a reverent way (like Joseph's brothers did when they met in Egypt?) . Wouldn't you dip your head in the presence of someone who - thinking of the Spring Feasts - did all that for us (not to mention the whole creation thing etc).
I think it would be strange for someone not to bow... although I'm not condoning the antics of muslims who do it as part of their religion and understand that the relationship with Yahweh is an upright one.

Finally, Topic 3
Circumcision
Oh crumbs....
Where I am on this is .... anyone who is circumcised, but was not done according to the mandate in the Torah, 8th day by a priest etc shouldn't be so smug :-)
Having not been snipped as part of 'other cultural reasons' which it seems many have been, I'm holding off for the ultimate priest (Yahshua) to make my heavenly body right for entering into the ultimate Temple.
I can't believe that as someone who trusts and relies on Yahweh, I wouldn't get a ticket in based on that which will be covered by the garment of light anyway

Thoughts on any of the above gratefully received.