logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline jpelham  
#101 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:27:36 AM(UTC)
jpelham

Swalchy wrote:
It should also be noted that "Strong's Concordance" wouldn't be able to help with translating anything - it's a concordance. Strong's Lexicon however is alright for a quick look at the root of a word. But no, certainly not good for translating anything.

But then, that's why I don't use it when translating :)

You make far too many assumptions, jpelham.

Don't think of us to be like the moronic Calvinists who plague the church that your wife goes to

You read rather hastily Swalchy. My post was not concerned with Strong's concordance or lexicon. That you do not rely on such ostensible 'reference' works was not hidden. It was concerned with the art of translation. The quotation applies to all reference texts used for translation, and I believe I mentioned that this was the point.

"Regarding translation, what hold's for the ambitious user of Strong's concordance [I harbored no illusion that you are among them] holds for every student of an ancient language"
Offline Swalchy  
#102 Posted : Tuesday, June 22, 2010 11:49:50 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

jpelham wrote:
You read rather hastily Swalchy. My post was not concerned with Strong's concordance or lexicon. That you do not rely on such ostensible 'reference' works was not hidden. It was concerned with the art of translation. The quotation applies to all reference texts used for translation, and I believe I mentioned that this was the point.

"Regarding translation, what hold's for the ambitious user of Strong's concordance [I harbored no illusion that you are among them] holds for every student of an ancient language"

Yeah, it appears that quite a few people miscomprehended whatever hashed up point you were endeavouring to convey.

And so what if you didn't mention that I was among such persons - no one on here even referred to anything to do with Strong's or any other Lexicon until you decided to post this continued diatribe of purposeless prattle, so why bring it up?

Richard is right - why are we wasting our time with you? You haven't said anything worthwhile ever since you started posting in this thread, and haven't answered anything. Instead you just continue to raise absurd and asinine comments.

You know what, this thread is no longer to do with what the original post was about. I shall create a new thread that you can have all to yourself, jpelham