logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Steve in PA  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 3:55:03 PM(UTC)
Steve in PA

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Quote:
In His closing statement, Yahweh described what occurred in 1948 and
thereafter: “And they will rebuild (banah) their desolate (samen) cities (‘iyr)
and live in (yasab – inhabit) them. And they shall plant (nata’) vineyards
(kerem) and drink (satah – consume) wine (yayin – fermented grape juice). And
they shall fashion (‘asah – make) gardens (ganah) and eat (‘akal – consume)
fruit (pary – their harvest) from them. And I will plant them (nata’ humah –
firmly embed and root them, establishing their encampment) upon (‘al) their
(humah) soil (‘adamah – earth and land). And they shall never (lo’) be uprooted
(natas – pulled up and expelled) again (‘owd) from (min) upon (‘al) their land
(‘adamah – soil) which relationally (‘asher) I gave (natan) to (la) them (humah)
says (‘amar) Yahuweh (YaHuWeH), your God (‘elohym).” (Amos 9:14-15)
In this prophetic declaration, Yahweh said that He would personally see to it,
that following an “evil calamity,” that He would reestablish Yisra’el. But also,
that once returned, they would never be uprooted again. Therefore, there is no
reason to worry about another Islamic invasion, nor an Iranian nuclear attack.

The scripture referenced is awesome and I trust that Yahweh will do exactly as stated there. It's the assumptions and conclusions that I think may be amiss.

Yahweh says there, "And I will plant them upon their soil". The assumption here by the author is that He fulfilled this in 1948. I'm not so sure of that, in fact I have strong doubts that Yahweh had much to do with the establishment of and current affairs of the political state of Israel today. Also there is a conclusion drawn here that Israel now has no reason to worry about another Islamic invasion, nor an Iranian nuclear attack. They have been invaded and attacked since 1948. I unfortunately do not believe it is beyond the possibility that they could be invaded and or seriously attacked again in the near future.

The first 3 and a half chapters present some pretty heavy duty stuff regarding Paul. The commentary around this quoted scripture is the first thing that caused me to pause and make comment here. I am not reading the books at the site looking for things to find fault with so I can post a thread on a forum. I just believe in this case the conclusion drawn here could lead someone into a false sense of security in present day Israel.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 9:01:53 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
eh steve wrote:
I am not reading the books at the site looking for things to find fault with so I can post a thread on a forum.

Well Steve - we are all for testing and finding fault with and correcting or suggesting correction lol :) So please do not feel the need to hold back or that anyone would be offended at the fact you want to question something :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2010 7:09:52 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
eh steve wrote:
The scripture referenced is awesome and I trust that Yahweh will do exactly as stated there. It's the assumptions and conclusions that I think may be amiss.

Yahweh says there, "And I will plant them upon their soil". The assumption here by the author is that He fulfilled this in 1948. I'm not so sure of that, in fact I have strong doubts that Yahweh had much to do with the establishment of and current affairs of the political state of Israel today. Also there is a conclusion drawn here that Israel now has no reason to worry about another Islamic invasion, nor an Iranian nuclear attack. They have been invaded and attacked since 1948. I unfortunately do not believe it is beyond the possibility that they could be invaded and or seriously attacked again in the near future.

The first 3 and a half chapters present some pretty heavy duty stuff regarding Paul. The commentary around this quoted scripture is the first thing that caused me to pause and make comment here. I am not reading the books at the site looking for things to find fault with so I can post a thread on a forum. I just believe in this case the conclusion drawn here could lead someone into a false sense of security in present day Israel.

While I agree that Yahuweh didn't have anything to do with the current government in Israel, I do think he played a huge part in bringing them there. If you look at the history which lead to the return of the Jews to the land, it is quite amazing, and there are many things which all played together to make it happen. Add to the their amazing victory in wars that their is logistically speaking no way they should have won. A small upstart nation gets invaded by pretty much everyone of it's neighbors simultaneously and not only doesn't loose, but gains ground, it's hard for me not think that they had a little help there.

As for Yada's comments about not needing to fear attack of bombing, I think what he means is that they will be attacked, but as with past attacks they will prevail, and since a nuclear bomb would pretty much destroy the state, it is not likely that that will happen. Personally i don't see Israel letting Iran get the bomb. I think if they start getting close we'll see the same thing we saw when Iraq was getting close. I know they will be invasion attempts, but I think like in the past Israel will survive, even if Yahuweh has to step in like he says he will in the Magog war.

But again this is just my understanding of Scripture which could be wrong.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline bitnet  
#4 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 6:12:44 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Happy Pesach, Bikurym and Matsah! It has been a crazy time with my Internet connection at the office broken for two weeks now. Everything moves in slow motion without the Net as I cannot do the things I am used to.

Anyway, before anything else... I think Iran will try to nuke Israel as Israel will not have an opportunity to destroy or impede Iran's nuclear development progress much because of where the critical material is situated. However, iran will be unsuccessful as Israel will have put into place an effective aerial defence system by then. Israel's reply will be devastating and that is why the Europeans eventually take control for political and strategic military reasons. There must be also be a reason why the Muslim armies amass at the borders in such large numbers... aerial offense is clearly insufficient. The Islamic armies also lust for the glory of destroying Israel and they want Israel's treasures -- from religious to military -- so they turn up in large numbers to murder and loot. They feel justified in taking revenge against Israel for what happened to Iran and other reasons.

So, what has this to do with Questioning Paul? Little other than the fact that Europe will see themselves put into the unenviable position of being guardian of all things Christian, the religion of Paul.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.