logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline RidesWithYah  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 8:08:03 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

I posted in another thread about a book I was reading, which explained the role of the Roman Catholic Church as the antichrist; and claimed that the USA was the "second beast" that caused the whole world to worship the image of the first beast.

One of the things that hit me about the hypothesis was the Vatican claim that the Roman Catholic liturgical calendar is the "mark" of its authority. The USA has incorporated this calendar (making Christmas and Easter federal holidays, for example); and the commerce of the world follows our example.

Revelation 13: 11And I beheld another beast coming up out of the earth; and he had two horns like a lamb, and he spake as a dragon. 12And he exerciseth all the power of the first beast before him, and causeth the earth and them which dwell therein to worship the first beast, whose deadly wound was healed. 13And he doeth great wonders, so that he maketh fire come down from heaven on the earth in the sight of men, 14And deceiveth them that dwell on the earth by the means of those miracles which he had power to do in the sight of the beast; saying to them that dwell on the earth, that they should make an image to the beast, which had the wound by a sword, and did live. 15And he had power to give life unto the image of the beast, that the image of the beast should both speak, and cause that as many as would not worship the image of the beast should be killed. 16And he causeth all, both small and great, rich and poor, free and bond, to receive a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads: 17And that no man might buy or sell, save he that had the mark, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name.

Look close at verse 16: "a mark in their right hand, or in their foreheads". By this, I think he means following the Roman Catholic "Holidays", is the mark of the Beast. Instead, we should have Yahweh's mark -- Here's Exodus 13.

6 For seven days eat bread made without yeast and on the seventh day hold a festival to the LORD. 7 Eat unleavened bread during those seven days; nothing with yeast in it is to be seen among you, nor shall any yeast be seen anywhere within your borders. 8 On that day tell your son, 'I do this because of what the LORD did for me when I came out of Egypt.' 9 This observance will be for you like a sign on your hand and a reminder on your forehead that the law of the LORD is to be on your lips. For the LORD brought you out of Egypt with his mighty hand. 10 You must keep this ordinance at the appointed time year after year.

Same words, same meaning.
Which days you observe show whose authority you consent to.

Comments?
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 9:33:57 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
There are some interesting points made, but the anti-messiyah will be an individual not a person. There are certain things that he is described as doing, that would not be an organization doing, but an individual. One could argue that it would be the pope as the head of the RC.

A key difference in the two verses in in Exodus it says like a sign, and in Revelation it is a mark. Also the next verse says that they will not be able to buy or sell with out the mark, which means it would have to be something readily visible.

Also given the region we are told the anti-messiayah would come from it makes it unlikely that it will be a RC pope.

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline RidesWithYah  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 1:59:01 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Quote:
There are some interesting points made, but the anti-messiyah will be an individual not a person. There are certain things that he is described as doing, that would not be an organization doing, but an individual. One could argue that it would be the pope as the head of the RC.

A key difference in the two verses in in Exodus it says like a sign, and in Revelation it is a mark. Also the next verse says that they will not be able to buy or sell with out the mark, which means it would have to be something readily visible.

Also given the region we are told the anti-messiayah would come from it makes it unlikely that it will be a RC pope.

I'm curious about the differences and similarities between the Hebrew word translated "sign" and the Greek word translated "mark".

And I don't know about you, but I see a lot of people buying and selling on the Feast days and Sabbaths. If they had the mark of Yahweh, instead of the mark of the Beast, they wouldn't be doing that.

I read "beast" as a geographical power -- city, state, nation.
Where are we told this will be an individual, and what region they are from?

"The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth." Rev 17:18
Rome, or specifically, the Vatican.
Offline Kelly and Shasta  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2010 3:51:13 PM(UTC)
Kelly and Shasta

I pray I never have to find out any more about the beast and the mark than I already know. The truth of the matter is, no matter where you look for the beast you will find him. Religions, governments, materialism, pop culture- at the root of them all, you do not find YHWH. Where YHWH is absent, you will always find the beast.

Satan has been working since the foundations of the universe were laid to develop an entire world capable of leading us astray. The truth is that everyone has either the mark of YHWH or the beast. That was as true in the time of Adam, as it is today and will be tomorrow. I spent years trying to decipher who the enemy was, and I'm still shocked by the realization that it is almost everything around us.

The solution? YHWH spells it out so clearly it is the major theme of all scripture:

Love YHWH your elohim will all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deut6:5

With a passionate love for YHWH, everything else follows naturally. The feasts, the commandments, the law, peace in our lives, and finally salvation. The mark is our love for Him.

The entire world is the broad path that leads to destruction. Yahshua commanded us:

Go in through the narrow gate, because the gate is wide and the road is spacious that leads to destruction, and many people are entering by it.
Matt7:13

What if the mark is anything you have in your heart that comes before YHWH?
No matter what the mark is or who institutes it, would you be willing to refuse it because of your love for YHWH- no matter the price?
Will you sell everything you have to buy the pearl?

How about something more concrete:

Would you give up your TV?
Church?
Holidays and traditions?
Friends?
Family?
Job?
Music?
Sports?
Books?
Art?
Toys?

How much of this society do you consume that is rife with paganism?

Look deeply into anything you love and see if you find YHWH there.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 12:46:48 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Thanks Swalchy -- in the other thread we talked about the use of "sign" in Ezekiel. I wasn't sure the same Hebrew word was used in Exodus. Still, the "hand and forehead" thing has me really thinking...

Offline In His Name  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 4:51:49 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hand and forehead...

Waht we do and what we think???

Those would be a pretty strong mark.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline James  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:54:47 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Kelly and Shasta wrote:
Love YHWH your elohim will all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength. Deut6:5

With a passionate love for YHWH, everything else follows naturally. The feasts, the commandments, the law, peace in our lives, and finally salvation. The mark is our love for Him.

HellaluYAH
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 8:10:19 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Kelly and Shasta wrote:

In general I do agree with K&S, as James has said "HellaluYAH," but when it specifically comes to the Mark of the Beast as mentioned in Scripture it really seems to be talking about willingly and knowningly accepting to follow the Antichrist, an open declaration that one has chosen the system of the Antichrist as opposed to following Yahweh. In relation to the Mark of the Beast I don't see it speaking about having too much TV or football or Facebook in one's life but instead possibly facing a person holding a sword at the base of your neck, or threatening to tie you down on to a human-sized guillotine, asking you the question "do you follow the Antichrist or Yahweh?" Saying one follows the Antichrist and his rules is acceptance of the Mark of the Beast.

Scripture tells us believers in Yahweh will beheaded for their belief, it doesn't say Muslims or New Agers, etc. So it really seems to be "follow the Antichrist or Yahweh!"

If we read passages such as Isaiah 45, which seems to be in context of the End Times, we see people coming to Yahweh and openly declaring they choose Him, whether they say it or write it down (most likely on a form issued by the Antichrist). I don't see it specifically talking about the Antichrist in this passages but I can see it being done in opposition to and in defiance of the Antichrist.

However, we do need to see if there are influences in our lives that do not originate from Yahweh, such as too much TV or football or pointless activities on Facebook. The less influence we have from the world the more open we should be to Yahweh. Like Daniel, we should set our minds to gain understanding and humble ourselves before Yahweh (Daniel 10:12).

RidesWithYah wrote:
I read "beast" as a geographical power -- city, state, nation.
Where are we told this will be an individual, and what region they are from?

There are numerous passages talking of the Antichrist being a person (i.e. Isaiah 10:12-34, Daniel 11:35-45), and not a group such as the RCC or Obamacare.
Offline Heretic Steve  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:53:34 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Is "buying and selling" on the Feast days/Sabbath a bust? I sometimes go to restaurants on those days and sometimes go fishing, (and as always, Yah is certainly invited), and buy bait, gas, etc. Have I been outta line?
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline Matthew  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 10:13:34 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Heretic Steve wrote:
Is "buying and selling" on the Feast days/Sabbath a bust? I sometimes go to restaurants on those days and sometimes go fishing, (and as always, Yah is certainly invited), and buy bait, gas, etc. Have I been outta line?

Well Nehemiah in chapter 13 was quite upset that merchandisers were selling fish on the Sabbath, though it doesn't seem to be directed at the act of fishing for pleasure on the Sabbath.

But what about verse 25, Nehemiah speaks of beating some of the men as well as pulling their hair out?
Offline RidesWithYah  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:12:48 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Quote:
Hand and forehead...

Waht we do and what we think???

Exactly right.

After a couple more hours with scripture, I'm just about convinced that there are two choices.
Either you are "sealed" with Yahweh's "mark", by loving Him and keeping His commandments (including his Sabbaths and Feasts);
or you are "sealed" with the "mark" of the "beast", including (but not limited to?) pagan Rome (steeped in tradition of Baal and Ashera worship, straight out of Satan's Babylon).

Here's a draft -- I plan to add editorial comment, but for now, I think this stands on its own.

Let me know if the pieces don't click together.

In His Love,
RWY.
Offline In His Name  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:04:32 PM(UTC)
In His Name

RidesWithYah wrote:
Let me know if the pieces don't click together.

I have no problems with your concept.
Sign and Mark do seem to be different things.

Sign even with the bind terminology, reads as a figurative construct not a physical mark.

Mark is a literal physical visible mark.

BTW you link doesn't work
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline RidesWithYah  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 6:25:48 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Please try the link again, I tried a work-around.
Offline In His Name  
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2010 4:43:20 AM(UTC)
In His Name

RidesWithYah wrote:
Please try the link again, I tried a work-around.

better, got a document this time.

Looks like hand and forehead definitions are literal.

Sign is 'owth, signal, flag, beacon, monument, omen, prodigy, miracle, sign token from 'uwth a primitive root; properly, to come, to assent, consent

Mark is a literal mark

bind from qashar, primitive root, to tie, physically or mentally, bind, conspire, join together, knit, stronger, work(treason)

My take on it all is that YHWH's sign is within us and becomes manifest/apparent in our thoughts, speech and actions.

While the adversary's mark is a visible mark that anyone can see.

In the trib, YHWH's sign will become visible as the absence of the adversary's mark and in the refusal of the mark.

That's how I understand it.

Offline RidesWithYah  
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2010 5:59:29 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

"Looks like hand and forehead definitions are literal.
Sign is 'owth, signal, flag, beacon, monument, omen, prodigy, miracle, sign token from 'uwth a primitive root; properly, to come, to assent, consent
Mark is a literal mark"

Please don't miss Ezekiel 9:4 (page 3); after showing the prophet women weeping for Tammuz, and men worshiping the Sun to the east,
"And Yahweh said unto him, Go through the midst of the city, through the midst of Jerusalem, and set a mark upon the foreheads of the men that sigh and that cry for all the abominations..."
MARK on the foreheads of God's people... and again in verse 6, "Slay utterly old and young, both maids, and little children, and women: but come not near any man upon whom is the mark"

In His Love,
RWY.
Offline Kelly and Shasta  
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 1, 2010 5:01:06 PM(UTC)
Kelly and Shasta

Matthew wrote:

In relation to the Mark of the Beast I don't see it speaking about having too much TV or football or Facebook in one's life but instead possibly facing a person holding a sword at the base of your neck, or threatening to tie you down on to a human-sized guillotine, asking you the question "do you follow the Antichrist or Yahweh?" Saying one follows the Antichrist and his rules is acceptance of the Mark of the Beast.

Belief is not enough. Even Satan believes in YHWH. Knowledge isn't enough either. Satan knows more than we ever will.

The body already has plenty of marks/signs that identify you and ways to track whether we follow YHWH (or not assuming men are the audience). Anything I type into this machine is permanently recorded and scanned. Fingerprints, DNA, Retnal Scans, and cell phones all identify us and don't require any external marks. Seeing our technology in action would look like marks and signs of the beast to the prophets. YHWH's mark is literal even if we don't see it.

Speaking of signs, there was once a wicked and adulterous generation that asked for a “Sign.” Every generation has an antichrist and they always represent the entire system. Nazis, Hutus, Crusaders, Mongol Hordes, all the way back to Nimrod and Mystery Babylon.

Now back to actionable items for everyday life. Every program or movie we watch on TV, everything written at home and at work, every purchase made, civil and medical history- all tell our life stories and which mark we have. First, we all should pray that we will be spared the torment of the tribulation (which will make the discussion of little consequence). Secondly, upon reading the posts it seems that people believe there will be a clear black or white heroic choice we all get the opportunity to make at some future point in time. What if that choice is never made clear to us? What if we die before that time?

Rarely does Satan tempt us under duress with black and white choices. Everyone wants to die a hero. . . better yet a martyr and he knows that. His method is pervasive and subtle- the kind of corruption that corrodes from the bone and the system that has matured in our day does this very well. Do we scream with passion when we pray to YHWH as when a favorite team wins a championship? Why pay honor to an ungodly man simply because (with steroids) he can kick a ball? How many of the godly men from the Bible loved sports?

What kind of music did Yahshua sing? How about David?
What kind of music can we listen to today? Do the writers live godly lives? Christian music blasphemes the entire time with songs of worship for Jesus (the horse in Hebrew- symbol of war definitely not a lamb). Someone we’ve all read once wrote: “How much poison can you ingest before it kills you?” Isn't this the yeast we should be avoiding?

Listen closely to the lyrics of today's (and yesterday's) songs, then do a search to listen to them backwards.

After this test, we had to burn all of ours.

Look around the house for idols. I’m guessing there’s no buddah or cross, but are the kids playing with dolls/action figures? Research their origins. Judge the culture they teach. Are our kids learning to love an idol and what it represents?
Had to burn them too. . .

TV creates a clear example and test. Before you begin, google subliminal messages on TV and watch some of the videos.
Even without using subliminal messages:
How long does it take to break YHWH's law?
Turn off your TV when see the first transgression:

Whenever it blasphemes.
Whenever it works on the Shabat.
Whenever it attempts to stimulate lust.
Whenever it mocks.
Whenever it gossips.
Whenever it provokes jealousy. Makes you want things you do not have even though you do not need them.
Whenever it portrays murder for your enjoyment.
Whenever it commits adultery for you pleasure.
The T.V. is a demon in the corner. It will not bring one single godly thing into your house.
If you need more convincing, research about kids cartoons with sexual content, witchcraft, violence or paganism.

We didn’t burn this but we cancelled the satellite and it only plays our home videos now.

Knowing that we will be held to account for every “argos (inactive, unemployed, lazy, useless, barren, idle, slow) word, what do we tell our “friends” in facebook? Matthew 12:36

How about family? Is this the heavy yoke that binds us to unbelievers? Yahshua offers to take it from us.

I have come to cast fire upon the earth; and how I wish it were already kindled! But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is accomplished! Do you suppose that I came to grant peace on earth? I tell you, no, but rather division; for from now on five members in one household will be divided, three against two and two against three. They will be divided, father* against son and son against father, mother against daughter and daughter against mother, mother-in-law against daughter-in-law and daughter-in-law against mother-in-law. (Luke 12:49-53)

The more we loved YHWH, the more they hated us so we cut our ties 10 years ago.

If anyone would come after me, he must deny himself and take up his- 4716 "Stauros-a stake or post(as set upright), i.e. (spec.) a pole or cross (as an instrument of capital punishment); fig. exposure to death, i.e. SELF DENIAL; by impl. the atonement of Christ: -cross" and follow me. Mark 8:34

We burned all our CD's, DVD's, pagan toys, pagan books, pagan clothes, art, Jewelry, Tefilin, Magen David, and we cancelled the TV. What might seem like a sacrifice (on multiple levels) was the most freeing and liberating day of our lives. Our relationship with YHWH has grown because he opened our eyes and provoked our spirits so we could see the true nature of everything separating us from him. We threw out the old wineskin on YOM KIPUR, and have been drinking the new wine ever since.

Offline Noach  
#17 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 12:01:46 PM(UTC)
Noach

Kelly & Shasta:

I understand your passion and devotion, but we are not called to separate from society, but to instead help those who are part of religious and political influence. We can only do that if we are a part of society. You can still love Yahuwah and understand, rely upon, and benefit from His salvation, Yahushua, while partaking in the activities you have described. David didn't need a TV to be lustful, Lot lived in the midst of rampant degredation, but both had a relationship with Yahuwah and profited from that relationship.

The Torah doesn't tell us not to play with dolls, or not to watch TV, or not to listen to secular music. It doesn't tell us to immediately eject ourselves from situations that include gossip or mocking. You can still be around this material and have a relationship with Yahuwah. He has performed the work to save us, nothing we can do, including burning dolls, can add to that.

I admire your devotion but sometimes we can take that devotion too far.
Offline Kelly and Shasta  
#18 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 4:43:01 PM(UTC)
Kelly and Shasta

Noach wrote:
Kelly & Shasta:

I understand your passion and devotion, but we are not called to separate from society, but to instead help those who are part of religious and political influence. We can only do that if we are a part of society. You can still love Yahuwah and understand, rely upon, and benefit from His salvation, Yahushua, while partaking in the activities you have described. David didn't need a TV to be lustful, Lot lived in the midst of rampant degredation, but both had a relationship with Yahuwah and profited from that relationship.

The Torah doesn't tell us not to play with dolls, or not to watch TV, or not to listen to secular music. It doesn't tell us to immediately eject ourselves from situations that include gossip or mocking. You can still be around this material and have a relationship with Yahuwah. He has performed the work to save us, nothing we can do, including burning dolls, can add to that.

I admire your devotion but sometimes we can take that devotion too far.

I'm not sure devotion can be taken too far. Yahshua's devotion to us was our salvation. His sacrafice was extreme, but I'm grateful he went that far. Leaving the tainted elements of our life behind was a pleasure not a sacrifice, so I'm not sure it counts for much. I had no reservations and I was on fire with the Ruach Hakodesh. I was also inspired when my six year old gave me all his video games and the stuffed animals he slept with since infancy.

Since that day, our lives improved remarkably.

Two of the most beautiful stories in the bible are David's and Lot's.

After Lot was called, he had to leave Sodom. . . then it was destroyed. Unfortunately his wife looked back after she was called. We can still see the judgment she received. Lot would have been destroyed if he stayed. When we are called-out we must leave Sodom behind.

David was severely punished for all of his recorded sins in the Bible. After he repented, would it be reasonable for him to continue looking off his balcony?

Lot and David's devotion is certainly fanatic. They loved YHWH with every fiber of their being and trusted in him. David risked his own life out of devotion many times. Lot was willing to give up his own daughters to save YHWH's messangers. Avraham was willing to sacrafice Itzchak, the apostles left everything to follow Yahshua, John the Baptist was beheaded. Is my own love that deep? Is my faith that strong?

James 2:
18But someone will say, "You have faith; I have deeds."
Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. . .
20You foolish man, do you want evidence that faith without deeds is useless? 21Was not our ancestor Abraham considered righteous for what he did when he offered his son Isaac on the altar? 22You see that his faith and his actions were working together, and his faith was made complete by what he did. 23And the scripture was fulfilled that says, "Abraham believed God, and it was credited to him as righteousness," and he was called God's friend. 24You see that a person is justified by what he does and not by faith alone.

I'm confident that we are to follow the Torah, not because marking a checklist gets us to paradise, but because when we love YHWH we want to do what pleases Him. I'm sure he doesn't want us to sin. I'm also sure there is plenty of sin in the things I reference above.