logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Y777  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:18:06 AM(UTC)
Y777

Hello everyone,

In a few weeks I will be teaching a group of college kids and 2 Deacons about Firstfruits and Unleavened Bread. Being that I am fairly new to all of this stuff, I was just wondering what are some things YOU think I should incorporate into my presentation? I have anywhere from 5 minutes to 2 hours with which to teach, so the more I could incorporate the better. I also could care less of what they think in regards to me or what I believe, and I have no problem defending my points and attacking christmas, etc. (not that I am saying I'm going to go crazy and try to beat everyone down with knowledge, because that misses the point entirely, just that I'm not afraid to say what needs to be said is all).

What's more is that, while it is a messianic church I attend, this particular group is not... well, they are young we'll say, in what Yahweh actually taught and said about things. Point being, the group is made up of myself (the "hardcore" oddball who refuses to celebrate christmas and stuff...), a catholic, 3 baptists (one of whom is a former catholic), a church of christ-er, a methodist (or some denomination like that), and 3 Messianic believers (2 of which I don't know very much of where they stand, and another who is very much like me... but also heavily into the 2-house movement and stuff).

So... any thoughts? ANY advice at all would be welcome... well, maybe not from Greatest I Am...

Just kidding.

Sorta.
Yahuweh is faithful and loving beyond my thoughts, feelings, emotions, actions, and petty human notions of what constitutes right and wrong. So high does He soar above all things that I do not even know if proclaiming Him as good is in fact good. It is certainly not adequate. So I am thankful still that He accepts my small sacrifices, my petty praises, that my words reach His mighty ears. Thank you Yahweh. May we all learn what is right in your sight, and not our own.
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:59:51 PM(UTC)
kp

Hi, Y777, and welcome to the forum. I might suggest, as a place to start, a chapter in The Owner's Manual, Vol II:
http://www.theownersmanu...stiny_Past_Perfect.Torah

Especially from Precept #827 onward...

kp
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 1:20:18 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Welcome on board the Yahweh 777, where your flight will truly be out of this world!

I can't say a better place to start that what kp suggested.

Speaking to a forum member privately yesterday he said something very wise to me, "I'm finding it's easier to show the beauty of the Feasts, before trying to show the evil of the 'holidays'." In context he was talking about sharing the Feasts with his family. So rather that pointing out the wrong of Christmas, Easter, etc. instead reveal what the Torah says, encouraging your audience to look deeper than the surface. Maybe you could speak about the awesomeness of prophetic fulfilment and spiritual interpretation. Share the light rather than trying to shine the light into their hearts, let them be attracted to the light like bugs are attracted to light bulbs.

Anyway, let us know what you decide to do and report back after your discussion with your audience. May Yahweh make your paths straight for He truly cares for you. May your words be His words, may His Spirit lead the way.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 21, 2010 6:10:39 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Matthew just to add evidence to your case I found the same thing to be true, when I would focus on showing the pagan origins of "Christian" holidays I didn't get to far, talking of the festivals and their Scriptural significance has been received much better. I'm not saying everyone is interested in them, but they are more open to learning about them than they are the pagan roots of their traditions. If someone comes to realize the importance of the festivals and the Torah, then they are much more likely to leave the pagan ways of Christianity.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Y777  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, March 24, 2010 1:02:46 PM(UTC)
Y777

Thanks for the replies. It definitly helps.

Alright, so decided on making a powerpoint for this, which means when I get it done, I'll post it on here so you guys can double check me.
Yahuweh is faithful and loving beyond my thoughts, feelings, emotions, actions, and petty human notions of what constitutes right and wrong. So high does He soar above all things that I do not even know if proclaiming Him as good is in fact good. It is certainly not adequate. So I am thankful still that He accepts my small sacrifices, my petty praises, that my words reach His mighty ears. Thank you Yahweh. May we all learn what is right in your sight, and not our own.