logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Tiffany  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 13, 2007 9:34:40 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Quote:
"Their fear (yir'ah) towards Me exists because it taught out of (lamad-learned, studied, and acquired through the instruction derived from) manmade traditions (iysh mitzvah- manmade commandments, human edits and precepts) learned by rote.” Sukah-Tabernacles

Why did man want us to fear Yahweh? To what benefit would it bring, because for me it did not draw me more into the control of the church is just gave me an incorrect view and a sense of uncertainty when it came to my relationship with Yahweh. But what bothers me most about this is that by man I was trained and taught by study and instruction of the people I trusted to fear the one that should never be feared.

Has anyone ever asked why we fear, why are we so afraid of Yahweh?

Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, August 14, 2007 6:55:27 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Intersting question Tiffany, why do some men want us to fear rather than revereve and consider massively signifigent Yahuweh our Creator and Heavenly Father. I suspect Yada would answer that if people are taught to fear G_d/Allah/insert wrathful diety name here, then people would be more obedient to the authority of a monarch who rules by divine right or a clery/Mullahacracy that speaks for and in many cases controls access to and teaches the does and don't of appeasing a wrathful diety.

The question being is this the character of Yahuweh revealled in Scripture or traditions taught about Him?

I confess that there are passages of Scripture that have concerned me, like Messiyah speaking of the day of judgement to those who claimed to have preached and done miracles in His name being told to depart from Him for He does not know them, which seems rather harsh on the surface.

I look forward to seeing how others will answer?
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, August 15, 2007 4:22:13 AM(UTC)
kp

Swalchy's observation is valid, but we need to go deeper. The question is, "Who's your daddy?" The whole recurring father-son metaphor in scripture is based on the idea that the son advances the agenda of his father. The son is his representative before the world, as the Psalmist (Solomon) explains: "Behold, children are a heritage from Yahweh, the fruit of the womb is a reward. Like arrows in the hand of a warrior, so are the children of one’s youth. Happy is the man who has his quiver full of them. They shall not be ashamed, but shall speak with their enemies in the gate." (Psalm 127:3-5)

Both Yahweh's children and satan's "speak with their enemies in the gate." What do they say? Yahweh's kids bring a message of love and salvation, while satan's speak of submission. It's a common thread running through every false religious system in the world today: you must submit to our authority. The Catholics excel at this game, and the very name Islam means submission. Political religions like Nazism and Communism are obviously covetous of our submission, but their stepchildren, like secular humanism, are a bit more subtle---there we are told we must submit to the "will of the people," or "the status quo," or "the politically correct worldview," or "the toleration of alternate points of view,"---anything but the truth.

Yahshua stands at the door, knocking---asking us to invite Him in, to choose Him. Satan, on the other hand, isn't asking. He demands our submission to Him and his minions. But in the end, every knee will bow before Yahshua, either in reverence or in fear: it's our choice.

kp
Offline Joseph  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 8:47:02 PM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

Ken...
This is beautiful and clarifying! I have been going back and forth with my brother - an avowed agnostic, ever since being born from above (as for several years I shared his point of view). He's an amazing human being and I would love for his soul to come home, but his main sticking point, no matter what I present to him or how I do it is that he can't get past the belief that if works alone aren't good enough, then there must not be a God. I am forwarding your post here (from the second paragraph on) to him and can only hope that he sees the beauty in it that I do