logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline issah  
#1 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:40:04 PM(UTC)
issah
Woman

I don't remember in which book or chapter I read it, but I almost fell off my chair in laughter when I read "Muhammad, piss be unto him". I found YY from a link posted by a user on another forum, and at that particular forum there is a "Religion" section where there are a few users who promote Islam and call people to know and "worship" Allah, and they always say, "peace be upon (or unto or something like that) him" everytime they say Muhammad. So when I read "piss be upon you", I was rolling on the floor or, in modern text I was ROTFL. Who doesn't enjoy a short and sweet blow right to the heart of that which is unworthy and worthless and worse, misleading?
IMO, "piss be unto you" deserves the comedic reward of the century!
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 3:26:03 AM(UTC)
kp

I'll take that as a compliment, Issah :-)

kp
Offline danshelper  
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 31, 2010 12:06:02 PM(UTC)
danshelper

In researching these two Arabic terms: hilal - new moon; and badr - full moon, I found this paper (written in 2009) very informative on the history of the sunni/shiite conflict - http://www.worldjewishcongress.org/publications/jer_review/issue7_nisan.pdf

For those unfamiliar with the Battle of Badr as I was until recently, the victory of Muhammed (the hilal - crescent new moon) at the Battle of Badr (full moon) "confirmed his authority as leader of Islam; by impressing local tribes that joined him, the expansion of Islam began."
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Badr)