logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline edStueart  
#1 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 1:21:34 PM(UTC)
edStueart

Found this website today:

Quote:
Karaites preserve the original religion of the Hebrew Bible, rejecting later innovations such as the Rabbinic Oral Law. Every individual is required to take responsibility for interpreting the Tanach.

Check it out here.

I'd say that they are only missing one piece of the puzzle...
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Monday, March 1, 2010 8:23:19 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yes they are indeed. If there were to be a group of Jews who get it it would be the Karaites. J&M who live in Jerusalem meet with them regularly, or at least used to, although they do follow Torah they are still very "physical" and can't see the pictures painted in Scripture as they just see them as actions.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 1:06:15 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Nehemiah Gordon is probably the most well-known Karaite Jew today, he has some pretty interesting videos. If I'm not mistaken he is a good friend of Michael Rood the Messianic.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 4:13:59 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Matthew wrote:
Nehemiah Gordon is probably the most well-known Karaite Jew today, he has some pretty interesting videos. If I'm not mistaken he is a good friend of Michael Rood the Messianic.

yup - he believes "Jesus" existed, but that He was a Karaite Jew and not the Messiah.
Offline edStueart  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 4:47:48 PM(UTC)
edStueart

Robskiwarrior wrote:
He was a Karaite Jew and not the Messiah.

He was BOTH!

;-)
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 9:56:38 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

edStueart wrote:
He was BOTH!

;-)

well yes :D exactly lol
Offline J&M  
#7 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 10:04:17 AM(UTC)
J&M

As we all know there are many 'levels' to scripture, especially Hebrew scripture. As Robski points out, Karaites tend to look at Scripture from a very clinical 'physicalist' point of view. Proving beyond doubt (in a sort of 'mathematical' sense) that Yehashua is Messiah from just the Tanack is not easy

In 70AD after the 2nd Temple had been destroyed, and no Messiah, the 'Rabbis' (especially Jonathan Zakai a school chum of Paul) decided that Daniel must be wrong, and thus scripture could not be taken at face value and needed the wisdom of 'sages' to interpret it. Thus Rabbinical Judaism became the norm. Karites followed a Sadducee tradition, keeping to the scriptures but also staying clear of the Nazarenes (followers of Yehoshua).

If one is a seeker after truth, one will be shown the way, if one is seeking anything else then one will find just another religion...

Offline cgb  
#8 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 12:26:15 PM(UTC)
cgb

> Nehemiah Gordon is probably the most well-known Karaite Jew today, he has some pretty interesting videos

Yeah, I found this one interesting on Pharisee - oral law. Really helped start me on not seeing the law as harsh like Christianity portrays (talmudist). He seems to have such a handle on what Jesus was saying to Pharisees in book of Mathew. I wasn't listening closely at intro, so at the end when he said he didn't believe Yahushua was Messiah it floored me.

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/52_gordon.html

Edited by moderator Monday, April 12, 2010 9:44:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Monday, April 12, 2010 9:48:03 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

cgb wrote:

> Nehemiah Gordon is probably the most well-known Karaite Jew today, he has some pretty interesting videos

Yeah, I found this one interesting on Pharisee - oral law. Really helped start me on not seeing the law as harsh like Christianity portrays (talmudist). He seems to have such a handle on what Jesus was saying to Pharisees in book of Mathew. I wasn't listening closely at intro, so at the end when he said he didn't believe Yahushua was Messiah it floored me.

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/52_gordon.html

Yea that video is really interesting - I enjoyed it.