logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline In His Name  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 14, 2010 5:19:04 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
As I was reading Jesus’s Words Only, I had a revelation that I would like to share so that the forum can comment on it’s truth and relevance. I would appreciate your thoughts and comments.

JWO does a very credible job of discrediting Paul, primarily by comparing and contrasting Paul’s teachings with those of Yahushua. So, I am reading along in chapter 7 where he is comparing Paul to Balaam and their similar apostatical approval of eating meat sacrificed to idols and fornication and I am thinking how the meat sacrificed to idols is so irrelevant to today. And I think this is strange because since finding YY I have been amazed at how through the ages nothing changes, man continually has the same issues and does the same evil works, but where has sacrificing to idols gone??

Then it hits me, He is talking (in our day) about the sacrament of communion!! Then I think no this is not an animal sacrifice, no meat involved. So I pass it off as just a misfire of my brain.

Then today as I was driving to work, I was listening to Alistair Begg a pastor out of Cleveland (despite al l the Christian trappings, this guy seems to get it) and he starts talking about many of the scriptural problems of the Catholic church. Of interest here he talks about the Catholic belief of transubstantiation which I was aware of but hadn’t connected to my revelation.

Suddenly, my revelation is back on track. We’ve got idols all over the place, priests preparing and offering the sacrificed body of Christ, and the eating of that sacrificed meat(transubstanciated wafer), sacrificed to that idol (crucifix).

The Catholic sacrament of communion (and the protestant by implication) IS eating meat sacrificed to idols.

Agree or disagree?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 12:42:43 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I'll have 2 sacrificed baby burgers and virgin fries please.

Yea I agree with you on that I would say - for the protestants though they would say its not the flesh and just a symbol so I think they would shrug that analogy of as no relevant.

Nice brain firing :D
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 3:07:01 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Interesting thought IHN. But if they aren't really turning it into the flesh, which I don't think anyone in there right mind would argue, then is it really meat. So it's actually worse, they are pretending and trying to eat meat sacrificed to a false idol, and can't even get that right.

All kidding aside, it is a very interesting point IHN.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline In His Name  
#4 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 5:39:28 AM(UTC)
In His Name

James wrote:
But if they aren't really turning it into the flesh, which I don't think anyone in there right mind would argue,

Certainly no one around here, but that belief is the doctrine of transubtantiation. From the Encyclopedia Britannica online"
Quote:
in Christianity, the change by which the substance (though not the appearance) of the bread and wine in the Eucharist becomes Christ’s Real Presence—that is, his body and blood. In Roman Catholicism and some other Christian churches the doctrine, which was first called transubstantiation in the 12th century, aims at safeguarding the literal truth of Christ’s Presence while emphasizing the fact that there is no change in the empirical appearances of the bread and wine.

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 5:42:16 AM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Shalom IHN,

I've believed this for sometime now, so I totally agree with what you are saying. I also believe that they are sacrifcing their children to Moloch the god of Ba'al. When one takes their children to church and teach them to worship their false god, they are throwing them into the fire (judgment day), where they will be burned up. It's a shame they don't see the error of their ways when all they have to do is look to the past and break the cycle.

Offline James  
#6 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 7:12:29 AM(UTC)
James
Man

IHN, I did predicate it with, no one in there right mind, religious people, especially catholics, aren't in their right minds.

TBT, nice call on sacrificing their children.

Offline In His Name  
#7 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 10:44:17 AM(UTC)
In His Name

James wrote:
IHN, I did predicate it with, no one in there right mind, religious people, especially catholics, aren't in their right minds.

LOL, my apologies, I missed the nuance. I certainly agree they are not in their right mind.

I have to add, this whole Pauline debate has really cleared my thinking and opened my eyes to the damning nature of religion. JWO adds a lot of fuel to Yada's anti-Paul fire. I just finished his review of the epistle of James (ch.11). His contention is that this book is essentially a legal brief for the apostate trial of Paul at Ephesus, referenced in Acts, Revelations etc.. Point by point, James outlines Paul's false teachings and provides the correct teaching as provided in the TPP and by Yahushua.
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 11:10:45 AM(UTC)
James
Man

In His Name wrote:
Point by point, James outlines Paul's false teachings and provides the correct teaching as provided in the TPP and by Yahushua.

hmm. Me thinks I need to go spend some time in my letter.

Just kidding, it's Ya'acob's letter.

Offline In His Name  
#9 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 11:26:17 AM(UTC)
In His Name

James wrote:
hmm. Me thinks I need to go spend some time in my letter.

Just kidding, it's Ya'acob's letter.

Yeah, sorry. When I got to the end and wrote Yahushua, I realized I had misused James, but didn't go back to correct it. I can't wait until we are not living in two worlds at once. Bouncing back and forth between the world of lies and the world of Truth with all of the misinformation in between is confusing.
Offline James  
#10 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 3:01:02 PM(UTC)
James
Man

In His Name wrote:
Yeah, sorry. When I got to the end and wrote Yahushua, I realized I had misused James, but didn't go back to correct it. I can't wait until we are not living in two worlds at once. Bouncing back and forth between the world of lies and the world of Truth with all of the misinformation in between is confusing.

I wasn't trying to give you a hard time about it or anything,I was just joking around. Calling it the book of Ya'acob, would probably confuse people as they would have no idea what you were talking about. I just have a quirky sense of humor, which doesn't really come across well in text.

Offline RidesWithYah  
#11 Posted : Friday, January 15, 2010 3:13:22 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

You DO realize that's Ashera's face staring at you from the Starbucks sign, yes?

Enjoy your mocha-cafe-frappe-cino-dolatry.
Offline James  
#12 Posted : Saturday, January 16, 2010 5:57:31 AM(UTC)
James
Man

RidesWithYah wrote:
You DO realize that's Ashera's face staring at you from the Starbucks sign, yes?

Yeah, I'm don't do Starbucks, not for that reason, but Scooters is 100 times better, and so is Shumaker and Hardnets.

Offline bitnet  
#13 Posted : Sunday, January 17, 2010 4:25:28 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I wonder how this affects those living in Islamic countries where all animals are slaughtered according to Islamic rites with their prayers blaring over a public address system in the abbatoirs? Are those animals offered up to Allah? They carry a "Halal" mark to show that it is fit for Muslim consumption somewhat similar to the official "kosher" status. The good thing about their slaughter and butchering methods is that the animals are usually killed quickly and drained of blood. It is difficult to find non-halal meats in Islamic countries, and in Malaysia non-Halal usually means that it is butchered in the same place where pork is produced, or that it is contaminated by pork, or that it is simply not butchered in an Islamic-approved abbatoir.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline dajstill  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2011 8:23:20 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
RidesWithYah wrote:

Oh man, this one hurt! I have been drinking a bottled Mocha Frappucino EVERY morning for the past 7 years! I got permission from my doctors when I was pregnant to continue to drink them. In an effort to keep my "Issac" and looked it up in several sources and dang it you are right! That is a pagan god on the label! I have 2 twelve bottle cases of these things in my pantry (yes, the addiction "was" that strong). But, I personally felt convicted when I read this post. I chose to not consume something that has a pretty little idol slapped on every bottle. My children now see this idol and go "look mom, Starbucks". Just wow! Now I see what happens when your eyes are open - things come into pretty sharp focus.

Would it be bad to donate the drinks to a food pantry?

I am definitely not saying others can't indulge, this is just my personal conviction (because it has been such a big part of my daily life for so long, I couldn't in good conscience put that bottle to my lips knowing that was an idol intentionally put on the label).
Offline cgb2  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2011 10:11:12 AM(UTC)
cgb2

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Pagan themes are so common in company logos. Eye of horus: CBS, AOL, etc. Helios in British Petroleum (BP) logo.
Just really difficult to avoid all, or put a lot of energy into research.

Seems many high level heads of multi-nationals and politicians are heavily stepped in the occult. Heck, do a search of Behemian Grove & Cremation of Care, even Newt Gingrich, Bushes, Reagan, Walter Conkrite, and many heads of multinationals as attendees. Skull & Bones, etc.

When Satan tempted Yahowsha, he never disputed that he didn't posses the kingdoms of the world.

Mind blowing how prevalent, but seems time is better spent seeking Yah.
Offline Daniel  
#16 Posted : Thursday, December 8, 2011 10:18:42 AM(UTC)
Daniel

cgb2 wrote:
Pagan themes are so common in company logos. Eye of horus: CBS, AOL, etc. Helios in British Petroleum (BP) logo.

Glad I never bought that Ford Taurus!

cgb2 wrote:
Mind blowing how prevalent, but seems time is better spent seeking Yah.

Sensible advice!
Nehemiah wrote:
"We carried our weapons with us at all times, even when we went for water" Nehemiah 4:23b

We would do well to follow Nehemiah's example! http://OurSafeHome.net
Offline Molly  
#17 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 1:38:03 AM(UTC)
Molly

Hello All-

With regard to meat sacrificed to idols, here is an article that you might want to read:

http://barenakedislam.wo...ughtered-meat-in-the-us/

Molly
Offline shalom82  
#18 Posted : Friday, December 9, 2011 10:44:46 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Quote:
When Satan tempted Yahowsha, he never disputed that he didn't posses the kingdoms of the world.

...and boom goes the dynamite!
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline dajstill  
#19 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 6:19:07 AM(UTC)
dajstill

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Okay - I KNOW I was right in giving up my starbucks. Why? It was SO EASY!!! Usually, if I went one day without one I would get a major migraine headache that would take several Advil to get rid of. I would be literally sick. Well, after I posted I never touched one again and haven't missed it! No headache, no craving, nothing. Seven years of one every single morning (and sometimes more throughout the day) and not one ounce of loss! I so LOVE Yahweh!!!!!!!!
Offline FredSnell  
#20 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2011 7:17:15 AM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
dajstill wrote:
Okay - I KNOW I was right in giving up my starbucks. Why? It was SO EASY!!! Usually, if I went one day without one I would get a major migraine headache that would take several Advil to get rid of. I would be literally sick. Well, after I posted I never touched one again and haven't missed it! No headache, no craving, nothing. Seven years of one every single morning (and sometimes more throughout the day) and not one ounce of loss! I so LOVE Yahweh!!!!!!!!

Those were some wonderful ideas on the other thread. My wife will certainly agree with every one of them.

I was wondering though, have you the latest of yadas work, ITG?...You can e-mail him and he's always glad to update you on just what he has. Myself, I haven't needed to yet, just b/c there are others that get it and make it availiable through them. Kind of keeps me from bugging yada too much, but in it, he gives a detailed description on just why YHWH, is pronounced, YaHoWaH....Ya...Ho...Wah. You will enjoy it!
Offline Gleaning  
#21 Posted : Friday, December 30, 2011 3:13:11 PM(UTC)
Gleaning

We All are
This is meant throughout All generations, nothing has changed but our environment we induced
Have you not read;
"Your thoughts are Not my THOUGHTS"
Sacrifice IS what we give to this World before YaHoWaH
Idols ARE what Holds us back from walking IN Him, WITH Him, THROUGH Him
Alter IS what we All have developed Before Him each Every Day
Most have many of these set in their life time
it is not bound to one church or man
Most know of a God, MEAT is and always will be the sacrifice " before " your God
So what do all put before God each and every day? meat is the deliverance Not the Sacrifice
Waiting, Ready, Watching & Praying; In ONE, With ONE, Through ONE
"Blessed be HE the Glory of YaHoWaH in HIS place."
Offline FredSnell  
#22 Posted : Saturday, December 31, 2011 3:57:20 PM(UTC)
FredSnell

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
"For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways," declares YHWH. "As the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways and my thoughts than your thoughts. As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater, so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. (Yasha'yah/Isaiah 55:8-11)

So if I may finish the chapter, I believe it reveils exactly what Yah was conveying through, Yasha'yah.

55:12 For ye shall go out with joy, and be led forth with peace: the mountains and the hills shall break forth before you into singing, and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

55:13 Instead of the thorn shall come up the fir tree, and instead of the brier shall come up the myrtle tree: and it shall be to YHWH for a name, for an everlasting sign that shall not be cut off.