logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2007 6:05:40 AM(UTC)
Yada

I have often wondered about the process of "tithing." If you are not an active member of a "church" to what cause might you contribute? I have read repeated references in TOM regarding Yahweh's instructions to us to take care of widows and orphans. Can anyone suggest an worthwhile charity that they think is doing good work?

If you are interested in doing some supplemental reading, I found a short .PDF that you might like to take a look at - you can find it here. (Note: the writers mistakenly use the terms - Jesus, Christ, Lord, etc.)

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 12, 2007 9:57:57 AM(UTC)
kp

You've gotta understand, I'm laughing out loud as I write this...

Tithing? Taking care of orphans? Contributing to a worthwhile cause? I've got you covered. Just do what my wife and I did---adopt nine kids from various and sundry points around the globe, make it a point to take kids nobody else wanted, and be sure to include some who'll never even know what you did, 'cause they're mentally or emotionally "challenged." (Don't you just love PC euphemisms?) That'll suck up AT LEAST ten percent of your income---more like fifty---and the expense never seems to end. Cool, huh? And guess what? The challenge of Malachi 3:10 is a sure bet, if my experience is any indication.

kp
Offline shalom82  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 11, 2007 1:20:06 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yada,
I myself have been thinking about this quite a bit for several months. What has impressed me is Yahuweh's welfare provisions. He does state that those who do not have the ability must be taken care of with little or no expectations. The widows and the orphans are always on Yahuweh's mind and that is obvious.

But what has been picking at my brain for quite some time is gleaning. Of course it was said that farmers should leave the corners of their fields unharvested so as to let the poor and unfortunate cultivate it for themselves. I absolutely love the story of Rut and Boaz. Yahuweh, unsurprisingly understands what our politcal leaders have not. If you give a person a handout you strip them of dignity, initiative, and spirit. I want to enact a sort of program or activity where I can give the unfortunate that chance. I am thinking about how to do it. I was thinking....and I am sure there would be all kinds of legal hurdles and everything else of having a working farm that orphans could come and visit and cultivate and they could keep the literal fruits of their labors. I mean that's just a formative idea, I'm working on it. A spiritual fulfillment would be to give out high quality true name scriptures to those in need and really have a thirst and a fire for Yahuweh. Restoration scriptures or the ISR scriptures can be a strain on the wallet. It's as if you are giving them a chance to cultivate a spiritual field. You give them the opportunity, but they have to do the rest. I really want to try to do something like this because I have personally seen how handouts take away people's humanity. I have seen people reduced to animals because of handouts. So maybe you and me together could think of some good ways to fullfill the spirit of the unharvested field corners.
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.