logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Marcus  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 5:19:19 AM(UTC)
Marcus

Does man have a spirit? Or just body, nephesh(animal soul-life) and neshama? Was Yahweh's soul always existent or was it created when the child was born? Did Yahushua have a spirit before the account of Matt 3 or did his soul and body acquire the spirit at that point?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 8:03:57 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
We have a soul and a body - Yah's Spirit is what indwells to give us life, as the spirit of the adversary takes away life. We are not born with a spirit, our souls are not immortal unless attached to either Yah's spirit or satans...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Marcus  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 9:24:05 AM(UTC)
Marcus

Robskiwarrior wrote:
We have a soul and a body - Yah's Spirit is what indwells to give us life, as the spirit of the adversary takes away life. We are not born with a spirit, our souls are not immortal unless attached to either Yah's spirit or satans...

That is how I understand it.
The challenge I am having is that the word ruach is used not only for immortal spirits but for human spirits as well. Which I guess with understanding some of them can be taken in context to mean mind or the feelings of the heart as (as in Gen 41:8) but why use spirit (ruach)? Why not use nephesh as in 1Sam 2:35. I guess my question is. Is a human spirit synonymous with a Nesamah?
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 28, 2009 11:02:39 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I see this as two different uses of the word spirit, whereby the context determines which is meant. If I where to say to you that I am in good spirit today, you would know based on the context that I'm not talking about an immortal spirit. Just as if I say my spirit is sad, I don't mean that Yah's spirit that is with me is sad, but that I am feeling sad.

But that's just my take.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 30, 2009 5:46:14 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Sometime ago I wrote about man's attempt at making smart, intelligent computers. How we design the BIOS, operating system and applications such that the PC eventually gains some form of "awareness" or "consciousness" that ultimately affects it's application and operating system. By letting the PC make incremental decisions by itself based on it's own observations of events, remembering history and predicting the future, the PC "learns" and eventually develops it's own identity. With a little tweaking now and then, we can guide the PC to develop itself into the kind of machine that we want. Then if we can put that PC into a body, we would have basically created an AI sentient. If we develop thousands of these sentient AI beings, those that do not develop to our liking can be destroyed or reprogrammed. Guess what this has to do with Yahweh and us?
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.