logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Y.I.K.  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 5:13:50 PM(UTC)
Y.I.K.

Then Yahweh said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am Yahweh, who makes you holy.” ‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to Yahweh. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death. The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days Yahweh made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested.’ ” When Yahweh finished speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him the two tablets of the Testimony, the tablets of stone inscribed by the finger of God. Exodus 31:12-18

"Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people."

?

I do not understand this verse. Why would Yahweh tell us to kill anyone who desecrates the Sabbath? Assuming I am getting the definition of desecration right (meaning "to treat disrespectfully, irreverently, or outrageously," at least according to merriam webster), this pretty much means everyone in my life. Parents, brothers, past girlfriends, aunts, uncles, friends...

Although with the exception of one past girlfriend, all others are non-believers (and not even ""christians"").

I do not get how this would be a merciful and loving act and how this lines up with the message of Yahushua's ministry.
Truth is like sandpaper. When you run across it, it can do one of 2 things: grind you down into nothing, or polish and refine you.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 21, 2009 8:31:50 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Because its a parable, an illustration of a bigger truth. The Sabbath is a huge picture, not only of not working for your "salvation" but also of the 7th millennium, the result of 6+1 and so on. To take it lightly, to not understand its significance is death, to be cut off, destruction, because if you miss the message of the Sabbath - you probably ain't gonna get much else...

And yes, my friends and family are facing that sentence too - but I'm doing as much as I can

Also I don't understand the comment about Yahushua's ministry? It's only Christianity who sees their Jesus as a floaty woaty cuty wooty who wouldn't hurt a chipmunk and never walked anywhere because he floated in his magical white gown. Yahushua was more like Mr T than that! lol

http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...hweh_Genesis_Shabat.YHWH
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Y.I.K.  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2009 9:11:04 AM(UTC)
Y.I.K.

Ahhh, I see what you mean.

My "Yahushua's ministry" comment was simply refering to the times when He showed mercy on someone (which I guess is technically always) but specifically with the woman who commited adultery, the famous "He who is without sin may cast the first stone" line and how that could line up with God commanding us to kill someone who did not follow the Sabbath. But I get what you mean now. Especially about the christians "jebus" part. Makes sense.
Truth is like sandpaper. When you run across it, it can do one of 2 things: grind you down into nothing, or polish and refine you.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2009 10:13:09 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Y.I.K. wrote:
Ahhh, I see what you mean.

My "Yahushua's ministry" comment was simply refering to the times when He showed mercy on someone (which I guess is technically always) but specifically with the woman who commited adultery, the famous "He who is without sin may cast the first stone" line and how that could line up with God commanding us to kill someone who did not follow the Sabbath. But I get what you mean now. Especially about the christians "jebus" part. Makes sense.

interestingly Y.I.K. that whole story of the woman who committed adultly, is not in the earliest manuscripts. In fact most scholars believe this was a late addition to the text, based on the fact that the writing style is very different from the rest of the book, including the stories immediately before and after it, and the fact that it contains a number of words and phrases that are not found anywhere else in that book, combined with it not occurring in any of the earliest manuscripts. It is one of the stories which is almost unanimously believed not to be in the original text.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline edStueart  
#5 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2009 8:42:00 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Swalchy wrote:
people can see what's changed from the pre-Constantinian manuscripts of the Renewed Covenant compared to the "Critical text" of the Nestle-Aland Greek NT, and the Textus Receptus.

Many an error has been based on textual corruptions. It's about time the general public knew about them

Here, here!
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Matthew  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 23, 2009 9:48:56 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Y.I.K. wrote:
Then Yahweh said to Moses, “Say to the Israelites, ‘You must observe my Sabbaths. This will be a sign between me and you for the generations to come, so you may know that I am Yahweh, who makes you holy.” ‘Observe the Sabbath, because it is holy to you. Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people. For six days, work is to be done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, holy to Yahweh. Whoever does any work on the Sabbath day must be put to death. The Israelites are to observe the Sabbath, celebrating it for the generations to come as a lasting covenant. It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six days Yahweh made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day he abstained from work and rested.’ ” When Yahweh finished speaking to Moses on Mount Sinai, he gave him the two tablets of the Testimony, the tablets of stone inscribed by the finger of God. Exodus 31:12-18

"Anyone who desecrates it must be put to death; whoever does any work on that day must be cut off from his people."

I have been thinking about this passage today and yesterday in the prophetic sense. What gets me is how can an unbeliever work on that day, the 7th Millennium and eternal spiritual life, since they will not be alive anyway? So what I am thinking is that they are preparing to work on that day, in order words they are not relying on God to make it to the 7th Millennium nor are they relying on Him to provide their eternal spiritual life. Instead they are preparing to work on that day, they are planning to provide salvation for themselves.

The obvious end-result is that they will not have life during the Millennial Sabbath nor will they have eternal life.

Does it make sense?