logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline FF  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2007 6:26:51 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

If Judaic Christian believers do not know or use the Name of Yahweh and seldom talk about the Ten Commandments and ignore the Feasts of Yahweh, can they still enter in to Yahweh's rest and eternal life?

It seems to me that many of the Judaic Christian believers would think God or LORD or Christ or Jesus is OK. The Commandments were fulfilled by the Cross. The Feasts were for the Jews.

Most are sincere about their faith and think all is well.

FF
FF
Offline visitor  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2007 6:25:00 PM(UTC)
visitor

I have wrestled with this quesiton also but to take a quote from the opening of YY:

Quote:
That said, my job isn’t to determine which individual souls will be rewarded with life or death. I have been called to illuminate and recommend the Way to Life and to expose and condemn the path that leads to death.

I think for those of us who have found truth in YY, we simply need to expose others to it and let the Set-Apart Spirit take care of the rest.
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 5, 2007 3:15:02 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

FF, I think you ask a valid question and I also keep YY's caution in mind about my being unqualified to determe individual souls's destinations, but I take some measure of comfort in Yahushua's comments to the thief on the cross. I'm guessing the thief was a cultural Yahudi, though one who openly confessed his crime and the just penalty of his execution. I'll further guess that this thief knew Yahshua's name and humbly placed his hope / trust that Yahushua was indeed who he said he was.

If I'm correct this theif was ahead of the Roman soldier's in having been aware of Yahuweh's scriptures even if he did not know or speak Yahuweh's personal name. He would also be closer to Yahuweh's heart in recognizing his fallen state and relying not on how well he maintainced the points of the torah and traditions like those who sought Messiyah's execution. It seems the event that brought this thief to recognizing Messiyah was how he could ask his Father to forgive his tormentors.

Quote:
Luke 23:32And two others also, evil-doers, were led with Him to be put to death. 33And when they had come to the place called Golgotha, they impaled Him there, and the evil-doers, one on the right and the other on the left. 34And Yahushua said, “Father, forgive them, for they do not know what they do.” And they divided His garments and cast lots. 35And the people were standing, looking on, and the rulers also were sneering with them, saying, “He saved others, let Him save Himself if He is the Messiah, the chosen of Elohim.” 36And the soldiers were mocking Him too, coming and offering Him sour wine, 37and saying, “If You are the Sovereign of the Yehudim, save Yourself.” 38And there was also an inscription written over Him in letters of Greek, and Roman, and Hebrew: THIS IS THE SOVEREIGN OF THE YEHUDIM. 39And one of the evil-doers who were hanged, was speaking evil of Him, saying, “If You are the Messiah, save Yourself and us.” 40But the other, responding, rebuked him, saying, “Do you not even fear Elohim, since you are under the same judgment? 41“And we, indeed, rightly so, for we receive the due reward of our deeds, but this One has done no wrong.” 42And he said to Yahushua, “Master, remember me when You come into Your reign.” 43And Yahushua said to him, “Truly, I say to you today,o you shall be with Me in Paradise.” 44And it was now about the sixth hour, and darkness came over all the land, until the ninth hour. 45And the sun was darkened, and the veil of the Dwelling Place was torn in two. 46And crying out with a loud voice, Yahushua said, “Father, into Your hands I commit My spirit.” And having said this, He breathed His last.

47And the captain, seeing what took place, praised Elohim, saying, “Truly, this Man was righteous!” 48And when all the crowds who had gathered to that sight saw what took place, they beat their breasts and went away. 49And all those who knew Him, and the women who followed Him from Galil, stood at a distance, watching this. 50And see, a man named Yoseph, a council member, a good and righteous man – 51he was not agreeing with their counsel and deed – from Ramathayim, a city of the Yehudim, who himself was also waiting for the reign of Elohim, 52he, going to Pilate, asked for the body of Yahushua. 53And taking it down, he wrapped it in linen, and laid it in a tomb hewn out of the rock, where no one was yet laid. 54And it was Preparation day, and the Sabbath was approaching. 55And the women who had come with Him from Galil followed after, and saw the tomb and how His body was laid. 56And having returned, they prepared spices and perfumes. And they rested on the Sabbath according to the command.

Note: Translation ISR Scriptures

Basically I don't see religious rites or rituals or even performance meriting Yahushua's favor, rather a recognition of sin, and humble approach to relationship (remeber me when you come into your reign).