logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Y.I.K.  
#1 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 2:05:16 PM(UTC)
Y.I.K.

I need your prayers everyone. Lately my life feels like it is falling apart. I don't know exactly why. But I can feel this heaviness, this... something, all the time. I would say depression, but I don't know what it is. Lately, I just don't care about anything anymore. I feel lost and lonely. I don't know what it is. Nothing seems worth anything anymore. I don't understand what is going on. I really don't. I just need prayer. I would say this is a spiritual attack, but again, I hesitate because I honestly don't understand any of that and I hate pinning the blame on something else. I don't understand, but this is effecting everything I am, my whole life. I just don't get it. I feel weak and oppressed, but I am not persecuted. I feel pitiful because I feel this way yet there is no great strife in my life, no great trial or persecution, I have all the material possessions I "need" and yet there is this heaviness to everything I do, a heaviness to everything I think about. Like there is no Messiyah, like there will be no day of joy in the future, like things will only get worse. I don't know where God is anymore. I just don't. And I am scared because of this. I am terrified of this, because I feel it getting worse and worse, this cloud growing darker and heavier all the time, like it won't ever cease growing until everything is lost. I just...

I just don't know.

And I know where Christ is. I know about Him and His sacrifice for me and I know His name. Whats more, I believe in Him. I trust. And yet... I feel I don't, because of all of these... things going on. I feel like I don't know Him, like if I died right now He wouldn't say "welcome home son," but "get out of my sight." For how can I feel this way and believe in Him, how can I believe in infinite mercy and love and have no hope, no joy? How can one trust and have nothing but... this?
Truth is like sandpaper. When you run across it, it can do one of 2 things: grind you down into nothing, or polish and refine you.
Offline In His Name  
#2 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 3:41:10 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Abba Yahweh, please help YIK. Lift him into Your arms and comfort him. Show him Your presence and strength and love. Help him through this dark cloud in his life. Pour upon him Your Spirit, fill him with wisdom and clarity. Give him purpose and interest for his future. Hold back and bar from his presence any evil that is lurking. I ask these things of a loving and caring Father and know that You will provide what is needed and best for YIK. Thank you.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline lassie1865  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 5:57:59 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

For YIK,

I will be praying for you. Have you seen your doctor? I know, I hate pharmaceuticals, but they can be very helpful under the right circumstances. Shalom

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2009 11:42:54 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Hey :)

That sounds like a pretty good summery of my experience of depression - This is how it was for me:

I felt worthless, alone, I felt nothing but anger. I could smile and put on the mask for people, but it would just be hollow acting never real. I felt like I had no control over who I was or what I did, more just like things just happened and when they did either good or bad I never felt how I should have. You know happiness or guilt normal human reactions - actually I think I could have killed someone and not felt anything. I knew I should have felt something, but just didn't. So for the first 5 years of my marriage I wasn't the best husband to be around, just because I didn't care about anything - and only got angry or frustrated.

It was a vicious circle, I blamed myself and so that drove me deeper in to my depression, I blamed Satan, I blamed where I lived - I blamed a lot of things I suppose. I never went for medical help, but one day I was just lifted out of it, just in time for Swalchy to tear down everything I believed about Christianity... lol

I don't know why it happened, maybe I just couldn't handle being married and having a kid so quickly, even though its what I wanted... maybe it was my past years of being bullied as a child and my new found confidence boiling over, I really don't know. I do know it was the darkest time of my life and I never want to go back there again.

Now when I started out on my journey towards Truth, it hurt. Everywhere I turned something was being torn down, calling Yahuweh by His Name instead of "the Lord" wasn't ever a problem - but moving from Jesus to Yahushua was. Why? Because I had fallen in love with the Jesus I knew, it was all so real. The time we had spent together, the feeling of the "Holy Spirit" speaking in tongues and anything that had any kind of spiritual feeling attached to it, anything that made me feel more alive and physically close to the god I was worshiping suddenly was questioned.

Up until recently a lot of it still was.

I don't know if this is anything like what you are experiencing but I just thought that maybe hearing from someone who had been in a situation not dissimilar from you, you might find some peace in that.

The narrow road is narrow, but the picture is infinitely more glorious that the fake one found in Christianity. All I can say is just grab hold of Yah and His promise - invest as much time as you can to come to understand more - question everything and throw all you have in trust and reliance on to our Dad. He won't let you down, even though we all feel like a bag of poo sometimes, just hold on to what you have learnt and the Truth that has been revealed to you.

You will be in my prayers too. You should come into the tinychat room sometimes and blow off some frustration - I know the guys who are in their normally, including myself, will be happy to listen.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Bridget  
#5 Posted : Sunday, November 15, 2009 2:29:18 PM(UTC)
Bridget
Woman

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
To Y.I.K.

I'm praying for you....and I have some advice. :)

Take from it what you will:

Get outside. Get under the sun...or take some Vitamin D. Sometimes a good dose of vitamins can do wonders for us.

Get out into nature, walk in the woods, by a river, a lake, the mountains, whatever....get away from concrete and steel.

Go to a local shelter....for humans OR for animals....not necessarily to volunteer and work, but just to walk around and feel the energy. Puts things in perspective. And who knows, maybe an animal will get lucky and you'll adopt them. heh....

Dig out your old records, cds, tapes...Listen to some good music. Don't have any? go to youtube.com...or whatever......indulge in the magic of music.

Don't watch the news. LOL....if you must watch TV, watch comedy shows...or anything that is 'light' viewing, nature shows..and the like. You have the internet....find some comic strips and or video clips. Let yourself laugh.

Don't be so hard on yourself. We are all human and darkness happens. Don't let it overpower you. I believe that when we feel weak and tired and dark, the Evil can more easily jump in and take hold. Don't let that happen. Stand strong in faith and don't stop talking to Yah.

Just a few suggestions that have worked for me in the past. I will definitely think of you in prayer and hold you up. Help me hold you up!!!
:)

With Love,
~bridget
Offline Y.I.K.  
#6 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 3:40:43 AM(UTC)
Y.I.K.

Hey all,

Thank you for your prayers. Yahweh has brought me through this.

You see, this had unfortunately been building for months and months and finally came to a head last weekend. Yahweh simply had to break off some things in my life, some opinions and feelings I was having concerning myself and others and Him. And actually, IHN, at the exact same time you wrote that was when Yahweh broke me through. Praise Yah! I thank Him for you guys. Yall are awesome.
Truth is like sandpaper. When you run across it, it can do one of 2 things: grind you down into nothing, or polish and refine you.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#7 Posted : Monday, November 16, 2009 4:31:13 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

awesome to hear you are moving forwards dude - keep going :D
Offline In His Name  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:42:29 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Y.I.K. wrote:
Hey all,

Thank you for your prayers. Yahweh has brought me through this.

You see, this had unfortunately been building for months and months and finally came to a head last weekend. Yahweh simply had to break off some things in my life, some opinions and feelings I was having concerning myself and others and Him. And actually, IHN, at the exact same time you wrote that was when Yahweh broke me through. Praise Yah! I thank Him for you guys. Yall are awesome.

Glad to hear you are feeling better. All thanks go to Yahweh, He is the awesome one!!
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline In His Name  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2009 6:03:35 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Brothers and Sisters,

My turn for a prayer request. We just found out tonight that one of my wife's sisters has developed breast cancer. At this point it is classified as grade one, with a high probability of survivability, but it is cancer.

I would ask that you say a prayer to Yahweh for Kathy, to provide a cure and to give her strength and encouragement for the trials coming over the next week. And also for my wife Michelle who is taking this quite hard. (Michelle is a critical care nurse who sees the worst of every disease and watches people die frequently. It is hard for her not see this from that perspective. )

Thank you
Offline lassie1865  
#10 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 6:58:45 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Dear IHN,

We will pray for you and your family. We have some cancer issues here at our house also; pray for us too! I am going to order some Cantron and/or Protocel as soon as my husband is finished with his radiation treatments. Go to: http://www.cantron.com/home.htm read all about it; also read about Protocel (same concoction); read the forums for alternative cancer treatments/protocel/etc. I would use the Cantron first for a few months and see how it performs before undergoing any traditional treatments :)

Lassie1865
Offline James  
#11 Posted : Thursday, November 26, 2009 7:33:51 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I will keep you and your family in my prayers, may Yah see you through, and may good come of this horrible situation.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline sirgodfrey  
#12 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 5:20:09 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Family, I thought that I would post here and let people know of a current struggle of mine.

I have been suffering recently from anxiety. Not regular people/situation anxiety, but the type of anxiety that has one thinking that the car, whilst riding in it, may start to fly. The type of anxiety that affects life in general. I am unsure of the cause (or if it has just been inside of me the whole time) but it has been difficult to deal with. I have been taking medicine (Loraepam) for the last 3-4 months, prescribed to me by the college student health center. The doctor also wants to put me on anti-depressants for depression that I have been experiencing. The anxiety sometimes makes me think that I am losing my mind, and even when I'm not really anxious, I feel that I may be losing my mind. I find that sometimes I think waaay too much. Something as simple as watching tv I am questioning and think to myself how it affects me - the time of its recording to the time of it reaching my eyes and brain, and how it affects me in the long run, whether it changes my emotions forever.... it just seems like way too much thinking when compared to the years that I just sat down to watch a program, not thinking so much about it and trying to analyze it so deeply. I have been having suicidal thoughts for some time now, and sometimes it seems that my anxiety may be getting worse. I have had some panic attacks in the past where I feel like I may lose my mind and experience a sense of doom thinking "oh no." I have registered very recently with a mental health service in Raleigh and the process is underway to have myself obtain a counselor and/or psychiatrist for therapy. I would like for people to be praying for me as this seems to be one of the most trying times of my life. Thank you.

Shalom in Yah
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#13 Posted : Thursday, December 24, 2009 10:28:11 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

SGF - I have experienced my friends anxiety attacks and its incredible how real they are to the person experiencing them. My friend normally got them randomly and he had the feelings of doom, like he was going to die right at that very moment, and it scared the hell out of him. It was so strange... he also felt really stupid because as soon as he was out of it he knew it wasn't real, sometimes even within the attack he knows it's not real but the effect of the anxiety kinda sits on rational thought. So if it makes you feel any better, I have seen serious anxiety in action - and you are not mad, although I have no idea what causes it.

I shall be talking to Yah about the matter... take things easy thought - I hope you manage to be able to do that :)

Peace out dawg - word to the street and errm the kids - checkit!

Offline In His Name  
#14 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 3:45:01 AM(UTC)
In His Name

I hope you are feeling well today SGF. My wife has had some issues with anxiety. Once she did a slow hyperventilation over several days, never took a deep cleansing breath (or even a normal breath) just shortened anxious breaths. Her condition worsened over the days and her sense of doom intensified, she had thoughts of suicide ( I found out later). I eventually called 911 from work. The ER doc said that the short breaths never allowed the body to expel the waste gases and as these built up they screwed up her blood chemistry. This intensified the anxiety greatlyand added a physical component that justified the anxiety. A couple hours on lorazepam and oxygen and it was all over.

It won't be a cure for your anxiety but learning to breath deeply during stress (or anxiety) may help control it. In my job I learned in stressful times to step away from it for a couple of minutes, take 10 deep breathes, close my eyes and quiet my mind. My other trick for anxiety was to repeat the 'Our Father' prayer (your favorite verse would work just fine). I know (now) that we aren't supposed to repetitively chant prayers, but this was really helpful for me. It shut off all of the voices and worries that were bothering me and reminded me that God was in control and that I was safe in Him. There were nights that I would fall asleep with the prayer running through my head. It got to be pretty automatic and was a real blessing for me.

Prayers are on the way.
Offline In His Name  
#15 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 3:59:59 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Lassie, James and all, Thanks for your prayers.

My sister-in-law is just waiting for a next steps decision from the oncologist. She had a successful lumpectomy, but they did find 5 cancer cells in the 1st lymph node. The question is whether or not there will be a chemo portion to her therapy.

Lassie, I hope all is going well for your husband! My prayers are with you.
Offline kp  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 5:12:21 AM(UTC)
kp

SGF, please don't assume that the doctors know precisely what they're doing, or that the drugs they prescribe will work as intended. Pharmaceutical therapy is more of an art than a science, and there are lots of alternatives to any given problem. As the father of four kids whose lives would have been impossible to maintain without drugs (with problems ranging from diabetes to bipolar disorder to gran mal seizures) I know that if someone needs meds, getting the "formula" right often takes experimentation, observation, and tinkering. If the drugs they're giving you aren't working as advertised, stop taking them and go back to your doctor. There are plenty of different ways to skin this cat.

You should also be aware that your diet can have a great deal to do with symptoms you'd never guess were related. The chemicals in the average American's diet are harmless to most people, but some folks are particularly sensitive to them. It might be a good idea to "detox" your diet. Go Kosher (not rabbinically, but simply according to the Torah), minimize your intake of pre-packaged foods, and try to stay out of fast-food restaurants. (You never know what they're putting on the lettuce in your Big Mac.) I realize it's more work this way, but you may find the effort beneficial.

And as always, trust Yahweh to know what's best for you---ask for His help, and listen hard for His answers. In the meantime, we here on the forum will pray for you. Consider yourself "anointed with oil."

kp
Offline RidesWithYah  
#17 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 5:51:17 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Quote:
You should also be aware that your diet can have a great deal to do with symptoms you'd never guess were related. The chemicals in the average American's diet are harmless to most people, but some folks are particularly sensitive to them. It might be a good idea to "detox" your diet. Go Kosher (not rabbinically, but simply according to the Torah),

I started eating clean (a Scriptural diet) in the fall of 2008. 2009 was the first summer I can EVER remember that I wasn't miserable with allergies, or doped up on antihistamines, or both. The only change I can ascribe it to, is diet. The Blessings of following his will for our lives...
Offline James  
#18 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 6:49:01 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I'll keep you in prayers Godfrey, I can't imagine what your going through, but it sounds rough. Trust Yahuweh and all will be good, easier said than done I know. Don't worry too much about loosing you mind, I lost mine years ago, and haven't missed it once, LOL, just trying to add some levity.

Take care man, I hope it passes soon.

Offline lassie1865  
#19 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 10:42:46 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Sure will be praying for you. Abstain from all wheat/gluten products; eat only fresh organic foods! See if you can find a doctor who specializes in testing your hormones; having your hormones in balance can do wonders; check it out before taking drugs.

Shalom
Offline StuDent  
#20 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 10:54:08 AM(UTC)
StuDent
Man

Looks like you've gotten some good advice allready SGF. Although I don't have a very high regard for our pharmaseutical industry or todays therapists, I'm not qualified to give medical advice so you need to do your own due diligence on this topic. I will second the motion to trust Yah and his truth and know that your brothers and sisters here are praying for you. Remember also, that I'm not too far away from you. If you need to get away for a while you can shoot me a PM and I would love to welcome you at my home. It would probably be just as theraputic for me as for you. 8^) Take care and may Yah guard you.

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"
Offline sirgodfrey  
#21 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 12:10:55 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Thank you all so much for the prayers, and please continue to pray.

Robski and James, thank you for the humor in your responses. I certainly laughed.

KP, I made the decision to eat by Torah's guidelines some time ago. The fast-food I have not necessarily been able to tackle quite so readily - I am a poor fellow (still in college) and the "dollar menu" gets me by at times. If I had it my way, I certainly would not eat fast food as much as I have in the past. I have been taking the lorazepam for a while but I really do not wish to be on it for much longer at all. I would love to discover some of the other alternatives that you speak of. A friend of mine's mother used a recipe for tea that helped her with anxiety (or depression not exactly sure which one it was, or both) and I may try that in the future - but I hear that it can be addicting. Hopefully therapy and exercises, once I have gotten up with this health agency, will do a lot of good. I have certainly asked Yah for help (and continue to do so), but for more than one reason I stopped "listening" for His answers.

In His Name, I have come to learn that controlling my breathing is a big deal. I noticed recently that I have a tendency to either hold my breath, or not take deep or big breaths. It is good to know that your wife got over it as quickly as she did.

Lassie, thank you for the advice. I will have to look up what exactly contains those things because I am not so sure :)

Again, thank you all for the advice and prayers. I sincerely appreciate it.

Shalom.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#22 Posted : Friday, December 25, 2009 12:13:02 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Student, I will have to look and see how far of a trip it is. Maybe sometime before too long I can make my way there and hang out/fellowship with you and your wife. Thank you for the offer of opening your doors to me. Let's see if we can make it happen before too long.
Offline bitnet  
#23 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2009 3:35:48 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom SGF,

Remember what I told you about a proper approach to better health and wellness? You have to avoid toxins and irritants, keep to a clean diet and have proper sleep and exercise habits. Many people find themselves dependent on medication when there is little need for it. Americans especially are prone to abusing meds because of the influence of big pharma on society as a whole. When it comes to using personal care products, most people are ignorant of how it adversely affects the body. Symptoms are misdiagnosed and one thing leads to another and then you have a situation whereby the meds are escalated because little is achieved addressing the symptoms instead of the causes. My wife and I have been educating people about this for 10 years now and we have good company in the likes of Prof Dr Samuel Epstein, Prof Dr Peter Dingle and several other leading personalities in the world of toxicology and environmental pollution. The world is getting worse and your generation and the next will pay the highest price! I hope that you really find the motivation to change to safer, non-toxic products soon.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#24 Posted : Saturday, December 26, 2009 5:56:04 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Shalom bitnet,

The personal care products I have used in the past have certainly been a concern of mine. However, it is one thing to want to be able to change something but not have the means to do so. Products such as the ones that you offer are not in my budget. I would love to eat excellently and use products that will not deteriorate my body faster than naturally, but it's very difficult to do so with small pockets.

Offline sirgodfrey  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 12:10:19 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Shalom family

it is about 6 am at the moment and I am still awake. I have been experiencing jolting out of my sleep recently. Accompanying this sudden waking out of sleep are completely random thoughts that make absolutely no sense. I have been experiencing insomnia since last week. If I do sleep, it is but an hour or two, unless I take lorazepam which usually gives me about 3 or 4 hours. I took a tylenol pm last night and I believe I slept for about 6.5 to 7 hours- this is the most number of consecutive hours of sleep I've had since sometime last week. I discovered I had an appointment with a health facility Jan 11th through Wake Mental Health but spoke with someone today who contacted another facility that was able to receive me this coming Wednesday (this made me relieved and happy). I would like to thank everyone for their prayers and would like to ask that you continue to pray for me. I love you beautiful people in YHWH (and am shedding tears at the moment).

YHWH bless you all and continue to provide for you and guide you.

Your 'ach,

Godfrey
Offline lassie1865  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 6:32:32 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

You find wheat and gluten in almost all prepared, boxed, canned, restaurant/cafeteria food; almost all regular breads, muffins, tortillas, crackers, cookies, pasteries, cake, etc. If you really have to have bread, there are other flours such as Teff, and brown rice, and there are a few specialty crackers without wheat; you will probably need to go to a store like Vitamin Cottage, or some other "health" food store and buy frozen bread that has no wheat or gluten. Also buy flax seed oil (refrigerated or frozen only) and mix 1 Tbsp with low-fat organic cottage cheese every day. It's either spend money on special foods, or spend it on prescriptions . . . There is also a book which is probably worth reading; I just checked it out from the library recently, but I haven't read the whole book yet: "The Food-Mood Connection" by Gary Null.

Shalom
Offline sirgodfrey  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 7:42:49 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

shalom lassie, thank you for your response. i decided recently to do most of my grocery shopping at store that carries many organic products. i certainly do not wish to spend my money on prescriptions. when i meet with whomever tomorrow at the health facility, i will certainly be expressing my sentiment that i do not wish to be on medication any longer. they will probably say that meds plus therapy is the best way to go. we'll see whats up. again, thank you for your response. i'll have to check that book out that you mentioned - it sounds like it would be an informative read.
Offline edStueart  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:03:35 AM(UTC)
edStueart

We switched our household to the Melaleuca line(s) of products and are much better for it. Non-toxic, higher quality, less expensive that grocery/drugstore/chemist brands.

(...and, no, they are not a LDS company!)
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline sirgodfrey  
#29 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 3:04:48 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Ed, please PM more information to me regarding those products. Thank you.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#30 Posted : Tuesday, December 29, 2009 11:13:49 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

We went to a Melaleuca presentation - the products were good but the commitment to buying them was silly. That was a good few years back now...
Offline Marcus  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 3:38:43 AM(UTC)
Marcus

Some of the advice has been good. Understand that health is not a wonder drug or a wonder nutritional product. There are a lot of good products out there and some of them are very well worth their price. I sell some of them. But health is not a one product cure. KP is correct. But I don’t believe that the ultimate solution is in any one or combination of medications. Medications have their place but I don’t believe that they would help in your situation. Now I don’t want you to consider this as any medical advice because without having your full history and doing an examination and maybe some lab test I can not give you personalized advice. But I will give you some general advice. Health needs to be a multi faceted approach. One of the reasons drugs (medications) are not the solution is because as much as we would like people to believe that we know everything about how the body works we don’t. Especially when it comes to brain chemistry. It’s all theoretical and experimental. Medicine is not an exact science and we can theorize, experiment all we want and it will never be an exact science. Especially with the fact that there is many things we can not measure in living organisms, but I digress. There are 7 main factors for a healthy lifestyle that might help you. They all have to do with keeping balance in your body. Supporting your detox pathways and giving your body the proper nutrition. I understand that you have problems with funds but eating healthy does not have to be more than eating unhealthy. You don’t have to go and buy all organic (it is overrated) and when the spring comes you should check out buying your produce locally at a Community Supported Agriculture farm in your area. Certified Naturally Grown is a better label than Organic but the explanation to that would be very lengthy you can check it out here (http://www.flyingbeet.com/) if you are interested. Just fixing your eating habits would probably do wonders for you. A can of tuna with vegetables or a salad in not expensive and it makes a great meal. A book that might help you in fixing your eating habits might be http://shop.mercola.com/...Health___eBook-P312.aspx by Mercola. There is a lot of other books but this is simple and a quick read and it gives you recipes. It can get you started on the right track. When planning meals watch for sugars, glutens, preservatives. The easy thing is the Torah way of eating. I know you said that you eat that way but if your eating from the dollar menu you are still not eating the Torah way. What I mean by that is that there are things that God considers food and things that he does not. Chemical preservatives he does not consider food and there is a lot of those in the dollar menu. So check your food if it as natural and as fresh as you can get it then that is the best you can do. You will learn more as you go. So number 1 would be proper eating habits. This is not in order of importance they are all equally important except for maybe the last one.. So let me get back to the 7 factors of health.
2. A proper functioning nervous system. –Your Nervous system runs and controls every single function in your body. Try to find a good chiropractor in the area. They will also be able to help you with all of this.
3. Proper hydration- a good guideline would be half your body weight in ounces. It helps you clean out the system. Pure water. Reverse osmosis and carbon filtrated is best. At this point because of budget I would not worry about all the specialty waters out there.
4. Proper sleep. At this point the best you can do is get some good sleeping habits. The Mercola site can help you with that as well.
5. Proper exercise. 30 to 45 minutes of aerobics if you are not currently doing them. http://articles.mercola....treating-depression.aspx
6. Proper breathing. Deep breathing exercises twice a day are great. A 1 to 4 to 2 pattern. If you breath in for a count of 4 then you hold for 16 and exhale for 8. It helps move your lymphatic system.
7. And most importand and obviousto you is a proper relationship with Yahweh. Total Health is Physical and Spiritual. A goos site for that is Yadayahweh.com. LOL

Your road back to health is a journey not an event. I hope this little bit helps you. But this is a drop in the bucket in your learning process. I suggest that you go to http://fitday.com/ and create a free account and do a diary there so that you can keep track of your healthy habits.
Offline Yah Tselem  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:32:50 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Yes, Mercola is a good source. I have personally been to Mercola's health center here in Chicagoland. Godfrey, I have a book by Don Colbert called "toxic relief". It is an eye opener and in it he talks about how the everyday toxins can get into you brain because they get into your fatty cells of which some are in the brain.. anyways, towards the end of the book he gives a plan on a good way to detox your body. I have done it and it basically just utilizes your bodies natural detox systems. He also wrote "the seven pillars of health" which was another eye opener and he wrote "the bible cure" mini booklet series. You can see this at drcolbert.com. I'm sharing it because it has helped me in the past and I have been having trouble lately with dizziness/nausea and anxiety/depression - personally I take zero conventional meds (unless I have an extreme hangover and take a couple ibuprofins but that is rare).. But, I have been planning to do the juicing detox in the next few weeks so I wanted to mention it to you because it could bring relief.. Colbert is also a believer in God which he talks about frequently in his books which helps because he sees the fact that our bodies were created to run on optimum fuel and yet we seem to be bombarding our bodies daily with junk - not just food, but personal care products, cleaning products, air pollution, etc etc.
YT
Offline bitnet  
#33 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 8:28:54 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

I have been a Neways user since 10 years ago and have not needed a doctor for anything other than to attend to injury... twice. Otherwise Yahweh has blessed me and my wife with near impeccable health. I have been on The Diet for more than 20 years, steadfastly avoiding that which is not recommended as food, and avoiding environmental toxins found in personal care products for the past 10 years. I have been sharing this message consistently with those around me and some have picked up on it while other have not.

I believe that with knowledge comes responsibility, and wisdom is needed in deciding what to do next. Being at the forefront of bio-friendly product development, Neways has been constantly under the microscope as competitors wait for missteps. However, until today few other companies dare to open up their production processes for inspection by the Cancer Prevention Coalition. All the great marketing by various companies claiming this and that but nobody dares to put their money where it really counts: a full CPC audit.

Fully up to 80 per cent of diseases today in the developing and developed world is degenerative, and almost all can be avoided! Vector-borne diseases are under control despite the attempts by big pharma to scare people into buying more drugs against this flu and that flu, not that it won't happen but meanwhile the world continues to poison itself with shampoos, toothpastes, bath and shower gels, skin care products, baby care products, home care products and such like. We are told to tend to the garden but we consistently poison it, often out of ignorance but many times belligerently despite suspecting amiss.

I had hoped that our brethren here will wake up to this threat and be true to ourselves as we spread The Word, for it is not only spiritual poisoning that we must be aware of but also physical poisoning. We must take care of our bodies or else we shall be unable to fulfill our mission properly.

I am now teaming up with the leading environmental professor in the southern hemisphere, Prof Dr Peter Dingle, to spread this message. Perhaps his voice will add more credence to my message. Speaking of credence, try logging in to Credence Publications (UK) and read up what Philip Day has been saying for several years now. Having met him and sharing his message (I also recommend his books, try Cancer -- Why We're Still Dying To Know The Truth), I believe he knows much more than the average GP does about health in general. Read up The Politics of Cancer by Prof Dr Samuel Epstein. Get The Safe Shopper's Bible if you think you don't want to be part of a value chain that provides safe products for human consumption and which helps spread this message.

All I can say is that 10 years is but a blink of an eye in economic terms but imagine losing the next 10 years off your life when you know Yahushua is about to return! Please Think, Then Act like your life depends on it, because it really does.

Shalom Aleichem
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline In His Name  
#34 Posted : Wednesday, December 30, 2009 9:21:54 PM(UTC)
In His Name

AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...

Woman loses 54 pounds on 'Taco Bell Diet'

Offline sirgodfrey  
#35 Posted : Thursday, December 31, 2009 6:55:24 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Marcus, thank you so much for that information. You don't know how much I appreciate it. Thank you for taking time out to send that my way.

Yah Tselem, I thank you as well. I certainly hope and pray that your anxiety and depression is relieved and relinquished. I know that it is not fun. PM me of the symptoms of anxiety that you experience please. Thank you for the information that you have also provided. I'm sure it can be quite helpful in getting my body back on the right track.

Losing 54 pounds on a taco bell diet sounds very interesting (I have not read the article).
Offline sirgodfrey  
#36 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 10:32:50 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Hello everyone. I just kind of wanted to give a little update. I am still suffering from my current condition but there is some decent news - I think. I am tapering off of the anti-anxiety medicine that I have been taking for months. I have been taking Clonazepam for the past days and I do not think that I like it. It is supposed to be a more powerful, longer-lasting anti-anxiety agent. I saw another doctor today and he is having me taper off of the Clonazepam and begin to take Lexapro - a anti-depression/anti-anxiety medicine (SSRI). I figure that I would give it a try despite how I have felt about medicine in the past. I certainly do not wish to be on medicine, but it has seemed to help in some regards up until this point. I am thinking that if I do not like the Lexapro that I could try some type of herbal remedy/supplements and such to relieve anxiety/depression. Please continue to pray for me and ask Yah for my strength. Sometimes I still feel like I am losing my mind and that I am falling apart as a person. Thank you for the prayers that have been made for me up until this point. Shalom in Yah brothers and sisters.

Godfrey
Offline James  
#37 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 2:22:36 AM(UTC)
James
Man

sirgodfrey wrote:
Sometimes I still feel like I am losing my mind and that I am falling apart as a person.

Don't worry G. losing you mind ain't all that bad. I haven't been able to find mine in years, and I get along just fine.

But seriously, I'll keep you in my prayers, may Yah see you through this.

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#38 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 5:53:31 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

You guys are lucky - you had a mind to loose in the first place!
Offline edStueart  
#39 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2010 10:02:28 AM(UTC)
edStueart

In His Name wrote:
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING COMPLETELY DIFFERENT...

Woman loses 54 pounds on 'Taco Bell Diet'

In my experience, you don't actually buy Taco Bell "food", you just rent it.

Shortly after eating it, you have to, putting it as delicately as possible, "Make a run for the border."
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline sirgodfrey  
#40 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 1:42:37 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Update to my family. I took Lexapro for about two weeks and experienced many side-effects, so I stopped taking it. The doctor that I am now seeing has said that he believes that my sub-conscious mind is arising when it shouldn't. He said that he believe that my "thalamic filter" is weak and/or damaged and this is what is causing my current condition. My thinking has been weird for a little while now and I am really tired of everything that is going on. He prescribed a medicine called Risperdal which is an anti-psychotic medicine. Family, I am so scared. I have thought about killing myself because I feel that I am in such a horrible position. I feel frustrated because I can feel Yah's Spirit console me when I get really down, but He is not healing me. I feel like I am being backed into a corner. I do not wish to take man's medicine, but it is coming down to a decision I have to make. I feel that my choices are taking the medicine, trusting Yah that He will heal me, or taking my life. I have been trying herbs as I am not taking any medication at the moment but my thinking is still weird at times. My depression is also pretty bad which is not helping anything at all. Today, walking back from the appointment with the doctor, I thought that death doesn't seem so bad because I do not wish to continue living the way that I have been. But I want to experience this life and the happiness that can be had here. I want to keep Yah's commands and make music for Him. I want to enjoy fellowship with individuals who have minds that are alike. I am so physically, emotionally and spiritually drained it is ridiculous.
Offline lassie1865  
#41 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 2:14:36 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Dear SirGodfrey,

I am so sorry to hear of your sufferings. I am reading a health book about the colon. This book claims that depression is often caused by a buildup of sludge in the intestinal/colon tract. It would be harmless to try a colonics program (10 - 15 sessions in a 30-60 day time frame). Find someone who is certified. Certainly a harmless way to go before trying other meds. Also, eat healthy; no soda pop, no sugar, no refined foods, no fried foods, no oils except olive oil and/or flaxseed oil, and perhaps try no wheat; wheat is famous for brain/thinking problems.

Shalom
Offline James  
#42 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2010 2:58:11 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Hang in there Godfrey. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I will keep you in my prayers.
May Yahuweh be with you and console you.

Offline Theophilus  
#43 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:42:43 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

James wrote:
Hang in there Godfrey. I can't imagine what you are going through, but I will keep you in my prayers.
May Yahuweh be with you and console you.

Echoing James' sentiments

-Theophilus
Offline sirgodfrey  
#44 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:44:50 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Thank you for the advice lassie. Theophilus and James, thank you both for your prayers. A friend of mine sent out emails to two professors she used to have, both of whom are knowledgeable concerning anxiety. In one of their replies, one of them said: "The thalamic filter and unconscious thoughts seeping ideas don't make any sense." This provided a sense of comfort to me having a second opinion. Apparently this guy is an internationally recognized expert in the field of anxiety and anxiety disorders. Both of them suggested that I contact them which uplifted my spirit.
Offline Matthew  
#45 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 12:34:15 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My prayers are with you Godfrey!

I can relate to lassie's comment because my little daughter used to suffer from constipation and she always got insanely moody when she was constipated, I realise I too get edgy when there's excess build-up. The doctors gave us loads of syrup style medicines and capsules to insert the back way which I just couldn't stand having to give my daughter (she spent a month in the hospital once while one year's old, leaving her traumatised in regards to medicine and needles), but then someone in the family just simply told us to give her some extra fibre and good allround balanced meals. And voilà, what do you know, she's now has no issues and gone are those moods associated with constipation.

Are you constipated Godfrey?! :P

Haha!

But I can seriously vouch for eating healthy because last year my wife and I changed I diets (eat more at home and decent quality food) plus now get regular exercise. It has vastly improved our relationship, which has made facing other difficulties (like money) less of a pain.

It's good to get second opinions. I recall reading a book by Lance Armstrong, he's second opinion regarding his testicular cancer lead to another form of chemotherapy which practically allowed him to return to cycling. If he didn't get the second opinion the chemotherapy would've most likely damaged his lungs, making a return to competitive cycling most unlikely.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#46 Posted : Friday, March 12, 2010 9:50:23 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Thank you for the prayers Matthew. And thank you for that second-opinion story. I am certainly glad I got a second opinion from someone else.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#47 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 3:16:37 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Lots of opinions here, and no co-pay.

Although most of us prefer natural remedies,
Yahweh gave us doctors for a reason.
Sometimes, it's best to heed their advice.
Especially if you have seriously considered suicide,
you need to be getting professional help.
Deep down, you KNOW that's not Yahweh's plan for you.

It's the most selfish decision imagineable, and you wouldn't believe the pain it causes to those you leave behind.
EVERY decision we make is a Witness to the world around us, don't let that denial of Yah be your final testimony.

Read Job.
DO NOT curse Yah and die; wait on Him.
And keep reaching out for help.
There is no shame in trusting Yah to heal you --
and let Him do it through doctors and medicine if necessary.

There was a story circulating around New Orleans after Katrina.
A man was stuck on his roof.
A neighbor came by with a boat, and offered him a ride out.
"No", he replied, "God will provide a way."
The sheriff's boat came three hours later.
"No", the man replied, "God will provide my escape."
The man stayed on the roof overnight, as the water continued to rise.
A state police boat came the next morning.
"No", the man replied, "I am in God's hands."

That afternoon, the man drowned.
When he saw God, he asked Him, "Why didn't you save me?"
God answered, "I sent three boats."

Get in the boat, Godfrey.

And know you are loved.
Offline In His Name  
#48 Posted : Saturday, March 13, 2010 6:21:33 AM(UTC)
In His Name

SGF,

I am a pharmacist. I know drugs are scary; if they have effects, they have side effects. They are often not a cure for a problem, but can act as a useful bridge.

You are looking at a situation of life and death. The drugs you are talking about are not perfect, but they can help; more importantly they will not kill you. They may give you new hope and the time to work out your problems.

You can clean your colon if you like, but it is not going to release you from depression and anxiety; you do not have 20 pounds of sludge attached to the walls of you intestines. Never- the-less you do not need a 60 day regimen to accomplish this, go to the pharmacy and buy a $2 bottle of citrate of magnesia, go home, drink it and in 3 hours your insides will be clean as a whistle.

I am all for the good diet. I do believe that most of our chronic health problems can be laid at the feet of processed foods (and/or our dependence on them). There may even be good reason for organic, I just have not seen the proof. I personally feel best on a low-carb diet, but not everyone does and extreme diets are difficult to maintain.

The more important thing I want to offer is something I just found on Swalchy's site. In his blog he was explaining the translation error in Luke 11:
Quote:
Yahushua actually says, “Keep asking, and it shall be given to you; keep seeking, and you shall find; keep knocking, and it shall be opened to you.”
The point being it may not be enough to ask/knock/seek once or twice, keep bugging Him.

Trust in Yahweh that what you are going through has a purpose. Ask Him to show you that benefit, ask Him to lead you through it so you can learn the lesson and use it for His glory.

You are in my thoughts and prayers continuously.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#49 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2010 1:21:18 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

The more important thing I want to offer is something I just found on Swalchy's site. In his blog he was explaining the translation error in Luke 11:
The point being it may not be enough to ask/knock/seek once or twice, keep bugging Him.

Trust in Yahweh that what you are going through has a purpose. Ask Him to show you that benefit, ask Him to lead you through it so you can learn the lesson and use it for His glory.

You are in my thoughts and prayers continuously.

I needed to read that keep-knocking scripture. I was unsure if I was supposed to keep bugging Yah about my condition, or silently wait on him. Definitely forgot that I had read that in the past concerning the continual bugging and praying.

It's hard to think that what I am going through has a purpose. I thank you so much that I am in your thoughts and prayers continuously. I am about to cry typing this.

I wanted to come to the forum and leave my number so that I could speak with someone who calls upon the name of Yah. PM me if you don't mind us speaking on the phone as I feel I need some type of encouraging words. Each day seems to be so hard. Shalom in Yah.
Offline In His Name  
#50 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2010 4:14:17 PM(UTC)
In His Name

SGF, check your pm.