logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Y.I.K.  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 6, 2009 7:36:14 AM(UTC)
Y.I.K.

So, the last few days/weeks Yahweh has been putting a few "notions" or thoughts or feelings as it were on my heart revolving around community. Not the community as in the sense of living in the same physical room or building with one another, but rather doing life together, truly being the family that we are (there is a reason we are BROTHERS and SISTERS in Christ). I simply feel that us being alone (by "us" I mean nearly exclusively me) is such a terribly bad, destructive thing. How can we love others if we are alone, if we have no interaction with other people, regardless of the fact 90% of "them" don't know all these truths or simply ignore/refuse to look into or get downright hostile at the thought of these things, you know?

So, as those thoughts have been milling around in my heart and mind I came to the realization that I need community. It is strange, thinking for the first time that a community of other people are neccessary to bring out the fullness of who you are as a newly-created being, as a son or daughter of Yahweh, especially when the culture at large (or the culture I grew up in at least) prides those who are "islands" unto themselves. But I digress.

In addition to sharing those thoughts, I have a question. Well, 2 really.

First, I can see these things, that community is necessary, that loving people is necessary and GOOD, and yet I feel useless and inadequate because I don't know where to start. I try to be available to anyone who needs me at any time, I try to be loving and bring a slimmer of joy or happiness into the lives of others at least, and yet, again, I feel as if I am not doing anything sometimes. Any thoughts?

Secondly, I feel that that one verse from Hosea 2 I believe ("My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge") is something that is unfortunately far too true. And I see destruction everywhere, not just in the sense of plain old ignorance, but literally people believing in lies that are destroying their lives and tearing themselves and others down, lies that propagate a system of failure, mediocrity, and general apathy towards anything that actually matters and far too great an emphasis on the things which don't in the slightest (the word "Ipod" comes to mind, but that's probably because I am listening to one right now and can feel the heat of my words staring me plainly in the face). So, I say all this to basically get the point across that I want to start a Scripture study group, and a YY etc. study group, but I want it to be more than that. I dont want to meet for an hour once or twice a week and then thats it, nothing else, I want to be invested in the lives of others MORE than I am invested in my own. I guess then that if I could distill what I am trying to ask into some questions is how do i do this? Specifically, how do I lead a Scripture study and a YY study? I guess less so about how to get in other people's lives (I feel that that was worded incredibly bad, so I hope you get what I actually mean) as that is something no one but Yahshua can really tell me (or rather show and move me) to do. Thanks in advance, I hope none of that was too convoluted.
Truth is like sandpaper. When you run across it, it can do one of 2 things: grind you down into nothing, or polish and refine you.
Offline StuDent  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 7:58:38 AM(UTC)
StuDent
Man

Interesting thoughts, akin to some I have had from time to time.I intended to reply to this post earlier but I thought it had been deleted when I tried to come back to it. I guess this was my mistake, but after looking around a bit I stumbled back across it.

I've lived most of my life a great distance from most of my family that I grew up around.I was always a quiet, private person with a very small circle of friends. During this past year I have made many big changes in my life. I've shared parts of myself with other people that I would never have done a year ago. Anytime I become enjoined with someone in conversation it is always my intention to point out any untruth or misconception that another may have missed and to find a way to reveal the absolute truth of the way of YHWH. It does bring me joy at times at work when a bunch of ruffians like I work with become engaged the topic of relationship with our creator instead of the more time honoured topics that are normally tossed about by a bored group of men on the job. I've yet to see this bear any fruit as far as any of them wanting to join in a study or sharing of any observance of the Sabbath or such but it may well take some time, I don't know.

My main goal was to set my attention squarely on my family, since this is where my responsibility lay. It's just my wife and I now as my son is in college.I can't say I have been succesful in this regard either. I have a good wife who loves me and respects my role in the family but my desire is to bring her to a similar understanding of YHWH's perfect law, and his salvation through messiah Yahushua. As of yet I have failed in this regard. My son and I have had some long discussions where we are in complete agreement but I don't get to see him too often, and alot of times we're limited on time.

I feel like I'm rambling but I wanted you to know that I'm trying to get off the island I feel like I'm on sometimes, and feel pressured at times because of this. The option of throwing in with an organized group of messianics is not one I will choose. I'm sorry that I really don't have an answer for you yet, but I hope it is some comfort to have someone that can relate to you and your thoughts. I content myself with the knowledge that it will not be too distant in our future that a great opportunity is going to arise in our lives. We will get a chance to be a shining example to others who will be desperately searching for answers as to why their world seems to be falling apart. I pray that many will see the joy in my eyes while there is so much sorrow around and desire to have the knowledge that brings this to me. I hope this makes sense, and YHWH's will is done in both of our lives. At least I've bumped this to the top again so I'm not a complete failure. :-)
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"
Offline sirgodfrey  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 12:07:52 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Y.IK.

Interesting post. Community is important. For some reason, I think Yah knew that the people that would use His correct name would be scattered across the world, and that it would be hard for them to have real community because the Christian church is hostile to many of the things that we have come to know. I would be interested in helping you on your endeavors. If even just you and I somehow got together and studied and such, that would be cool. Shoot, I am willing to take a flight to meet someone who knows the Creator by His name. In fact, maybe that is a good idea. A couple times a year, I could visit you, in addition to anything else that you have planned to facilitate community.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 1:19:01 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am all for the farm in the middle of no where - and we can all live together lol

But it ain't gonna happen, because that's not what needs to happen now. Later yes! Now, no.

The problem with this existence is it is lonely. We aren't a massive amount of people, although I do believe the numbers are growing, but we do have to be scattered for now otherwise who is going to tell peoples. thank Yah for the interweb - and Tinychat where a lot of us have been able to meet face to face via webcams - But for now - and compared to our Christian life (my wife and myself) we are pretty much isolated.

Hang in there though, I am sure it will get better! :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline RidesWithYah  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 2:52:27 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

So, we're all moving to Jerusalem?

Maybe. But not yet.

I've found friends at a Sabbath keeping church in town.
(Yellow Pages, "Churches -- Sabbatarian".)
Making progress. Helping where I can. Even providing reference material for the preacher.

Progress coming at home, too --
If I can get wifey to put up one less Ashera pole (Christmas tree) each year, we'll be out of them in 2013...

Seriously, she's open and thinking, and that's all I ask.
Yah will work on her in his time, not mine.

And my mother-in-law found a Messianic group in Wyoming, and has come a l-o-n-g way in the last few years.
I printed and sent her YY, FH, and TOM.
She teases me that it's my fault she's not getting any sleep.
So our relationship is better than I ever thought possible (was VERY rocky a few years back, before I found YY, and she found her Messianic group).

Yah is great. HalleluYah!
Offline sirgodfrey  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, November 11, 2009 5:22:52 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

thanks for the encouraging words Robski

and RidesWithYah, I am glad to hear of that relationship that has gotten better, as well as the openness of your wife. That is joyful and exciting.

Offline issah  
#7 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2010 5:59:58 PM(UTC)
issah
Woman

Hi there; newbie here. I just wanted to reply to say I feel much the same way. I only found YY this past October, and have been infatuated with and addicted to it since. Many thanks and much gratitude to Yada and KP. I'm far from through with studying it, but I feel quite isolated with the knowledge and long to share it with and study it and revel in the Word as it was written, in the physical presence of others.

My to-be husband was, unfortunately (and unwillingly) raised Catholic, and as a result he's developed an affliction for anything remotely seeming religious. (God damn religion) So getting through to him has been and is challenging, but I've always liked a challenge and I've managed to plant a few seeds so far, now I just hope Yah causes them to grow. Since he is the person I am mainly in contact with, and my circle of friends is very small, in spite of the fact that we just moved to a new town in another state just this past autumn, I greatly rely on the internet. But it's just not the same as being there, in the presence of others, being in the Spirit together. There's nothing like that.

I took a look around at all the churches in our new town, and they're all the Sunday kind that say Lord and the like. I was raised in the Lutheran church, and fortunately for me, we had the advantage of being a really small church with a congregation of less than 100, and the church was located in the middle of a cornfield and nowhere so, despite the shortcomings of the religious aspects, we had a real sense of fellowship, young and old alike. It was there I learned to walk with Yah, even though I didn't know His name as such. I didn't learn His name until after I had left the church and gone to college where, ironically, I met a man born and raised in the Middle East outside of Israel, who informed me that His personal name was Yahweh. I never forgot this name, and I never heard it again until I found YY, or until YY found me.

I have close relatives to share with, but they live nowhere near. And since I can no longer sit in a church pew without being disgusted with all the pagan crap while I am not quite yet armed and ready to enter a brand new place to me and challenge its customs and doctrines, I feel quite alone here. But the good news is I feel less alone than ever. Only thrice I've truly walked with Yah, and this third has been the longest walk yet (to be completely truthful, once it was a bike ride). Thanks to YY and the works of Yada and KP, I've finally been able to get off the religious roller coaster and come to know, understand, and trust Yahuweh, and I'm in the honeymoon period of relationship forming. And every day that I study His profound, incredible, magnificent, timeless and eternal Word, this relationship develops and continues to develop, and for that I feel accompanied and occupied, and in perpetual awe.

Regardless, sharing your life with Yah is one thing, sharing in Yah with your brothers and sisters is another. Perhaps at some point in the future, as time passes and relationships develop, there will be a YY camp-out at a designated place where brothers and sisters unite and strengthen each other in the family, as families are so inclined.

I am so thankful for all of you who contribute with such patience to those of us less inclined to understand the Word as it is written, the "lost sheep" wandering in confusion - authors and the forum users alike. While I once felt like an 'alien in a foreign land', I finally feel as though I've found a home away from home, through all of you and of course, in Yahuweh. My gratitude extends to all who participate at this forum- who expend their energy communicating Yah's testimony, calling in His lost sheep and helping to lead them home.