logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline J&M  
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 1:39:09 AM(UTC)
J&M

This article is highly speculative, whilst it has implictions in scripture, it is not really scriptually based so please do not take offense.

We read that man 'Fell', and that the Son of Man must be raised up, the Yahushua was 'born a little lower than the angels' there are many allusions in the scriptures to 'levels' or planes of existance, Paul refers to the seventh heaven.

If I were writing this article 2000 years ago, I probably would not refer to 'alternative' dimensions as such, but I might refer to them as 'layers' of heaven ('thrust up places'). So, at the back of my mind is the question 'what does it mean to be born from above?'

So let us do a bit of speculation: that each 'heaven' is an alternative dimension and that Yehovah inhabits the seventh dimension. Which one should man inhabit? because 6 + 1 = 7 it should it be the sixth dimension?.

But let us start at the bottom. In the first dimension there is no significant 'movement' as there is only one dimension. This plane would be inhabited by the smallest, simplest of organisms i.e. protozoic (single cell) creatures such as bacteria. The creatures have a limitation in that they are not able to 'bond' with other cellular structures and thus remain microscopic single entities.

In the second dimension we have plants and trees, from the tiny 'hydra' to the enormous giant redwood. These organisms are multicellular, but only have command of 2 dimensions as they are planted in soil and do not have the power of (self-propelled) movement. they are thus static in the 3rd dimension. movement is their barrier.

In the third dimension we have animals, these have the power of movement (albeit limited in some cases, as it would take an ant a long time to walk from Calais to Johore Bahru but it could be done if it could cross the rivers). Like trees cannot move, so animals are tied in time, they only perceive the present (or a little either side of it), time is thus the barrier of the third dimension.

Dimensions 1,2 & 3 we call 'physical'

In the ('spiritual' because we cannot sense it) fourth dimension we have angels (and fallen angels) these beings probably have limited movement in time, but in the way that we have machines (aeroplanes, cars and bicycles) to assist movement, so 4th dimensional beings may have time machines. I don't know what the 4th dimension barrier would be.

Speculatively, in the 5th dimension, we have arc-angels (and fallen arc-angels) but their barrier is 'nesama'.

Because in the 6th dimension we have Man who does have nesama....

But man ate of the forbidden fruit and fell....

....to the third dimension. He became a 'god' in the third (physical) dimension.

So the 'mother earth' people may be right, maybe man is an outsider on the physical planet.....

This gives a whole new dimension (or 3) to the idea of being 'born again' (born from above) because Yahushua died so that , in undoing the fall, we might be restored once again to our rightful place in the sixth dimension.

Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:58:05 AM(UTC)
kp

I'm all for speculation---sometimes it leads you to unexpected truth. But you've gotta start by getting your facts right. Paul spoke (in II Cor 12:2) of the third heaven, not the seventh. Seven heavens were a mystical rabbinical concept, devoid of scriptural support, as far as I know. Paul was merely speaking of the abode of God---the "third" heaven. The "first" heaven is the sky, the earth's atmosphere. And the "second" heaven is the sideral realm, where the stars and galaxies are.

kp
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 2:59:21 AM(UTC)
kp

And the winner is: Swalchy! You beat me by seven seconds. :-)

kp
Offline J&M  
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 22, 2009 3:31:52 AM(UTC)
J&M

Sorry, the seventh heaven is a bit 'talmudic' but do not miss the point here, Paul was caught up to the third heaven, 3 + 3 = 6, so don't judge this bit by my stupid errors!