logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2009 1:52:12 PM(UTC)
Yada

A good friend of mine just sent me a sermon from their church. I thought I'd post one excerpt and get your reaction to it regarding the "impossibility" of "Jesus" being the Passover lamb/sacrifice:

Quote:
If you want to understand the phrase that we need to bite into Christ’s flesh and drink his blood or we have no life in us as referring to the Eucharist, I would say, give your offering and make your choice. I would only point out to you that these words are not similar to the words of institution; that they were not spoken in the context of a Passover meal; that there is no celebration of the Passover at the end of Christ’s life in John’s gospel because John has Christ dying on the day that the Passover lambs are being slain and prepared for the Passover meal; that the command is to eat Christ’s flesh (sarx), not his body (soma); that he distributes no bread and wine calling them his body and blood but instead offers himself for our ingestion.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Sunday, August 30, 2009 5:39:51 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Of course it is impossible! How can we eat his flesh and drink his blood? C'mmon, the only way was to be a cannibal at the Last Supper! Ahem! These people do not understand abstract and real. Why did He speak in parables? In a nutshell, "So that they do not know!" The Passover Sacrifice was a parable in action, a shadow become real. Only those to whom the message is revealed will understand it.

Mat 13:10 And the taught ones came and said to Him, “Why do You speak to them in parables?”
Mat 13:11 And He answering, said to them, “Because it has been given to you to know the secrets of the reign of the heavens, but to them it has not been given.
Mat 13:12 “For whoever possesses, to him more shall be given, and he shall have overflowingly; but whoever does not possess, even what he possesses shall be taken away from him.
Mat 13:13 “Because of this I speak to them in parables, because seeing they do not see, and hearing they do not hear, nor do they understand.
Mat 13:14 “And in them the prophecy of Yeshayahu is completely filled, which says, ‘Hearing you shall hear and by no means understand, and seeing you shall see and by no means perceive,
Mat 13:15 for the heart of this people has become thickened, and their ears are hard of hearing, and their eyes they have closed, lest they should see with their eyes and hear with their ears, lest they should understand with their heart, and turn back, and I heal them.’
Mat 13:16 “And blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear,
Mat 13:17 for truly I say to you, that many prophets and righteous ones longed to see what you see, and did not see it, and to hear what you hear, and did not hear it.

So there is confusion is because they do not want to see Truth in the first place! If they had rejected the TP&P, how are they going to understand Pesach? These guys wear shades to look cool but the tint is so dark they can't see anything and they look like blind people instead.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Monday, August 31, 2009 3:33:14 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Willful ignorance is tiring.
According to this guys reasoning, we are all in trouble, since none of us are able to eat Yahushua's flesh anymore.

Besides, Jesus may very well not have sacrificed himself on passover, but Yahushua did and that is what is important.

Edited by user Monday, August 31, 2009 8:15:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand