logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline In His Name  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2009 8:43:43 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)

Yada Yahweh - Book IV : Salvation - Chapter 5 Tsadaq / Vindication:

Quote:
The next line confirms as much. "Far (rachowq - remote in distance and time, separated in space-time; alienated and no longer in a state of close association; from rachaq, meaning to be removed and distant, to be sent off and to go far) away from (min - out of and separated from) Yahushua, My salvation (yashuw'ah (יְשׁוּעָה) - Yahushua; a compound name derived from Yahuweh and yasha' (יָשַׁע) to save, salvation, and Savior) are the words of my groaning (sheagah - roaring anguish). O my God ('elohiym), I call out (qara' - summon) in the daytime (yowmam), but You do not answer ('anah - respond); and by night (layil) but I have no rest (dumiyah - silence or relief; repose from laying down in death)." (Psalm 22:1-2)

Yashuwa' (יֵשׁוּעַ) was the son of Nun (the perpetual) and became the successor to Moses. His name appears 30 times in Scripture. Yashuw'ah (יְשׁוּעָה) with the addition of an "h" at the end appears 77 times - almost always in the context of Messianic prophecies like this one. Yashuwa' and Yashuw'ah are pronounced identically to the English transliteration of the Messiah's name, Yahushua, and they are all based upon a combination of the Hebrew verb: yasha' (יָשַׁע), Savior and salvation, and God's name, Yahuweh.

OK, this confuses me.

I have thought that Yahushua's name was Yahushua; = Yah + yasha.

Above Yada says the Scripture says Yashuw'ah; = yasha + Yah.

I realize that these mean the same thing, but if Scripture has [yashuw'ah (יְשׁוּעָה)] where does Yahushua come from?
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:14:25 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
It looks to me that the pronunciation is the same, just the letters used to render it in English. The pronunciation is what matters in transliterations, in a language like English where you can get the same sounds from several different letter combination, any would be correct as long as they pronounce the name correctly. For example to, too and two all sound the same, are pronounced the same, so if a name being transliterated had that sound in any of the three would be okay to use, because we would know to pronounce it.

Just my thought though.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 12:10:43 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

exactly what I was gonna say James - the point of a Transliteration isn't to correctly spell something, because how can you spell something right in another language, its impossible, its about transferring sound.

So yea - I would say they sounds pretty much the same to me :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Robert9876  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:06:56 PM(UTC)
Robert9876

Exactly, just like with Yahweh's name, you could spell it either Yahweh or Yahuweh, but it is pronounced the same way, which is the important thing (although according to my spell checker, Yahuweh is incorrect. I guess it's pretty bad when a microsoft spell checker knows God's name, but 99% of Christians and priests/pastors don't...). I think it's spelling is only important so far as it helps you or others to pronounce the word correctly (i.e., it's easier for me to pronounce Yahweh versus Yahuweh, even though they are pronounced the same way. I guess it's a mental thing.).
As of 7-22-2009, 10:19 PM US Central Time

Earliest (possibly)
Time until Friday, September 1, 2023 (Jerusalem time)
5152 days
123665 hours
7419943 minutes

Latest (possibly)
Time until Saturday, October 31, 2026 (Jerusalem time)
6308 days
151410 hours
9084644 minutes
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 9:56:59 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

well Yahuweh is transliterated that way as a possibly slightly more accurate rendering as its kinda Yah-OO-Weh - so it does sound marginally different to Yahweh.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline In His Name  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:48:29 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Thanks for the effort guys, but I am still confused. :(

I don't see any trouble reading and vocalizing Yashuw'ah, so why don't we use that?

If Yashuw'ah is the Scriptural reading of his name, why would we change it to Yahushua?

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Robert9876  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:01:17 AM(UTC)
Robert9876

Yea Robski, I see what you are saying, its just that for me personally, I have seen it written Yahweh so many times that when I see it written Yahuweh I am personally prone to pronouncing it Yahoo-Weh.

And I do think it's significant that Yashuw'ah appears exactly 77 times... The number seven strikes again.
As of 7-22-2009, 10:19 PM US Central Time

Earliest (possibly)
Time until Friday, September 1, 2023 (Jerusalem time)
5152 days
123665 hours
7419943 minutes

Latest (possibly)
Time until Saturday, October 31, 2026 (Jerusalem time)
6308 days
151410 hours
9084644 minutes
Offline James  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:13:04 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
In His Name wrote:
Thanks for the effort guys, but I am still confused. :(

I don't see any trouble reading and vocalizing Yashuw'ah, so why don't we use that?

If Yashuw'ah is the Scriptural reading of his name, why would we change it to Yahushua?

The Scriptural rendering is in Hebrew, not English, and since the purpose of transliteration is to produce the same sound in a new language, both accomplish this, so both are acceptable.

I think Swalchy's point is very good, it is like the difference between Stephen and Steven, if I am transliterating either into another language I am going to try to transmit the pronunciation, which would be the same for both. The same can occur vice verse, if the person's name was StePHen, and spelled in Hebrew, not sure how that is so I won't write it, now when I transliterate it, it doesn't matter if I transliterated it into English as SteVen or as StePHen, because either way I am pronouncing it correctly and therefore have the name correct.

Personaly I find it a lot easier to type and write Yahushua as opposed to Yashuw'ah. When I'm talking it doesn't matter which way I spell when I write it, because I pronounce it the same way.

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline In His Name  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:57:03 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Quote:
The Scriptural rendering is in Hebrew, not English, and since the purpose of transliteration is to produce the same sound in a new language, both accomplish this, so both are acceptable.

Isn't יְשׁוּעָה the hebrew with yashuw'ah the english transliteration?
Quote:
Just different ways of writing the same name. We have it in English too, such as Steven for Stephen, Ian for Iain, Stuart for Stewart, etc., etc.

Granted it is still close but Stephen can be pronounced Steven or Stefen?
Quote:
The only difference between Strong's #H3091 and Strongs #H3444, is that the Hebrew letter Hey, has been moved from the second letter in Yahushua's name, to the last.

But doesn't that change the meaningful structure of the name? Doesn't that remove Yah? I thought that Yod and Hey were both moved to the back at least leaving Yah intact. And aren't you saying that in hebrew they are spelled differently, not just transliterated differently? If it doesn't say yasha Yah how can it be the same.

Sorry to be so dense, I probably should go back and read more carefully and thoroughly before harassing you guys.
Offline StuDent  
#10 Posted : Thursday, July 23, 2009 4:39:42 AM(UTC)
StuDent
Man

I should say first that I very much realize the importance of knowing and understanding and using the true name of our father and his salvation. It is uncommon here where I live and is something I offer first whenever I have any discussion with others about his word. It is vital to understanding his message to us and his plan of salvation.

I do think, however, we become confused sometimes thinking his or our "name" is the same as what we may be called by others. The important thing is to understand his "name" is who he truthfully is. People most times call me Darryl. My father hasn't fully revealed my "name" yet in this life. As I continue to seek to do his will here it will become more evident. I just think sometimes we get too caught up, worrying about the spelling or pronunciation instead of understanding the meaning.

I hope this doesn't sound off the wall.I have, and am continuing to study the signifigance of names, who may give them, and how they affect our lives daily.
"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"
Offline ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε  
#11 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 12:05:54 PM(UTC)
ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε

While on the subject, I have a question: Is the name Yeshua (which I read was an Aramaic short form of Yehoshua or Yahushua) pronounced the same as the names Yashuw'ah and Yahushua?
Offline ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε  
#12 Posted : Friday, July 24, 2009 10:00:03 PM(UTC)
ΜαvΣяiכΚ ΛΩאΓ RαηGε

Thanks for the information.
Offline lassie1865  
#13 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 8:05:19 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Swalchy,

My Catholic friend sent me this question (I assume she means "oldest extant Greek manuscripts" instead of DSS):

"I was wondering what the Dead Sea Scrolls use for the name of God when Jesus is speaking about Him in these two verses. I'm guessing it is YHWH."

John 6:45-46 (RSV)

45 It is written in the prophets, 'And they shall all be taught by God.' Every one who has heard and learned from the Father comes to me. 46 Not that any one has seen the Father except him who is from God; he has seen the Father.
-----------------

I don't see this Book on your translation site yet, so I couldn't give her an exact answer.

Also, in what instances did Yahushua vocalize Yahuweh's Name? Was He not almost stoned in every instance for vocalizing the Name? Or was He almost stoned for equating Himself with the Messiah?

Blessings,

Lassie1865
Offline edStueart  
#14 Posted : Monday, August 10, 2009 10:02:04 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Swalchy wrote:
In both instances of "God", the oldest Manuscripts of these verses - P66 and P75 - use the placeholder ΘΥ (theta upsilon) with a line over them.

Yahushua was almost stoned for equating Himself with Yahuweh as recorded in Yahuchanon's eye-witness account.

David H Stern's translation (The Complete Jewish Bible, $32, used, on Amazon) renders it as follows:

Yochanan 6:45-46:
Quote:
45 It is written in the Prophets, 'They will all be taught by Adonai.' Everyone who listens to the Father and learns from him comes to me. 46 Not that anyone has seen the Father except the one who is from God --- he has seen the Father.

Swalchy wrote:
And see Yahushua's quotations of the Old Covenant in His discussions with the Adversary. Constantly says Yahuweh's name :)

The "'They will all be taught by Adonai.'" is from Isaiah 54:13, so I open my "The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible" ($12, used, on Amazon) and find in the "Prophets" book, the book of Isaiah. 54:13 is on page 361 and it is rendered:
Quote:
And all your children will be taught by the LORD; and great will be your children's prosperity.

Now I go to the twentieth* page of "The Dead Sea Scrolls Bible" and the publishers note that they "have been consistent in translating the Divine Name by following the practice of the Revised Standard Version and New Revised Standard Version (i.e. the LORD for the Hebrew YHWH, and the LORD God for YHWH elohim)."

So if Yahushua was not quoting Isaiah 54:13 from the Masoratic Text (impossible, as it wouldn't be published for a looooong time), I think He would have spoken what the DSS actually have written in them!

Even with all the Adonai's, Lord's and God's in the books on my desk, you can still find out what was actually said, despite the Judaism's and Christendom's attempts to bury the truth. It is all there, in black and white, you just have to look around a little.

*Still refusing to use Roman Numerals! ;-)
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline sirgodfrey  
#15 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2009 1:05:07 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Hey guys and gals, I am posting this for a brother who cannot login at the moment... I got the message on my facebook account, copied and pasted his query and here you have it! love

"How's it going? I just need a small favor from you. I currently cannot sign into the YY forum, and I made a new "profile" thing, but they still haven't emailed me so I can start using it, and its been a couple weeks already, so... I dunno whats going on. Anyways, I was just wondering if you could ask a question for me. Basically, here it is:

I need to know all (or alot) of specific verses where Yahweh tells us His name is important, that we should know it, use it, and remember it, and also where he says things like to not even have the names of other gods on our lips.

Basically, I am trying to show one of my friends that YHWH's name is important, that we can't just call Him sliced bread or whatever we want to call him, and that we should and NEED to use His real name, and not a fake man-made one. Thank you so much man. I understand if you can't though, for whatever reason. Have a great Sabbath brother!"

Offline In His Name  
#16 Posted : Saturday, August 29, 2009 3:43:00 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Hey, SGF. I had started on the same project some time ago but didn't get too far. I took the same idea as Swalchy but searched on 'My Name'. As I said I didn't get too far, but I did get some good ones. It might be helpful to go back and check the context of each verse, to make sure it says what it seems to say and to look for more good stuff.

Quote:
exodus 3:15 This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.
exodus 9:16 But I have raised you up for this very purpose, that I might show you my power and that my name might be proclaimed in all the earth.
Exodus 23:21 Pay attention to him and listen to what he says. Do not rebel against him; he will not forgive your rebellion, since my Name is in him.
Leviticus 19:12 'Do not swear falsely by my name and so profane the name of your God. I am Yahweh.
Psalm 91:14 "Because he loves Me", says Yahweh, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name."
Isaiah 42:8 "I am Yahweh; that is my name! I will not give my glory to anotheror my praise to idols."

My personal favorite so far is Psalm 91:14 (see Yada's translation below), but Isaiah 42:8 may be more what your friend is looking for.