logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 5:11:50 PM(UTC)
Yada

Just wondered if anybody had seen "Hellboy 2 - The Golden Army"? In the movie, the main character/hero's girlfriend often is seen wearing a 'cross.' It seems a bit out of place given that "Hellboy," just as the name implies, is from "Hell." In fact he's just not any demon but supposed to be the son of "The Fallen One" himself.

What's wrong with this picture? (You can view a larger image here: http://www.allmoviephoto...the_golden_army_002.html)
Yada attached the following image(s):
2008_hellboy_2_the_golden_army_002.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline In His Name  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:43:24 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Never made it through the first movie. Saw enough to say that Hellboy is a "good guy" and regardless of his 'affiliation' he fights evil and does good deeds.

It is another example of our culture blurring the lines of decision. Once these lines are erased the sheeple will have no idea how to distinguish between right and wrong, good and bad or even realize that they should. I am not saying that a single movie or even the movie industry will accomplish this, but it is a piece of the adversary's arsenal.

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 2:59:37 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Haven't seen the second one, but thought the first one was good. Hellboy is from Hell, but is fighting against the forces of hell, so that puts him on the good side. And if he is the Son of Satan, then he shouldn't be punished for his father's choice, he was given a chance to choose for himself. But hey it's just a movie, and expecting logic from Hollywood is asking way too much.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 3:57:54 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
hahah I dont think there is anything you could get from Hellboy - other than it was a well loved comic turned film lol Supposedly its a good watch.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, July 8, 2009 4:20:46 AM(UTC)
kp

I think Hellboy is to hell as "gays" are to being lighthearted or happy: the similarity is purely a marketing ploy.

kp
Offline Heretic Steve  
#6 Posted : Monday, July 20, 2009 6:36:06 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

It's been my experience that the ratings Michael Medved posts are reliable. If he says the movie is bad, it's bad, (and vice versa). http://michaelmedved.tow...l.com/pages/moviereviews
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline James  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:07:29 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I think Medved gives good reviews, but I often disagree with his ratings. But I have a different taste in movies than him so I like his reviews, and learn a lot based on them. He's still a great talk show host, most patient person I have ever heard on the radio, he's great at letting callers hang themselves.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Heretic Steve  
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 25, 2009 8:31:00 AM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

Well James, since you liked "Hellboy", I can understand why you'd disagree with Medved's ratings.
If not us, who? If not now, when?