logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robert9876  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:19:28 PM(UTC)
Robert9876

Is anyone familiar with this version? It SEEMS to be trustworthy, from the little bit I have read of the translator's take on translations. But has anyone used this? Is it better or worse than other english versions?

Here is the link to the actual 1526 page pdf of the tranlation:
http://www.coyhwh.com/bible/hebraicRootsBible.pdf

And here are a few verses, randomly selected...

Deuteronomy Chapter 21
1 If one is found slain in the land
which Yahweh your Elohim is giving to
you, to possess it, lying in the field,
and it is not known who has struck
him;
2 then your elders and your judges
shall come out. And they shall
measure to the cities which are around
the one slain.
3 And it shall be, that the city
nearest to the one slain, even the
elders of that city shall take a heifer of
the herd, which has not been worked
with, and which has not drawn in the
yoke.
4 And the elders of that city shall
bring the heifer down to an everflowing
stream, which is not plowed
nor sown. And they shall break the
heifer's neck there by the stream.
5 And the priests, the sons of Levi,
shall come near (for Yahweh your
Elohim has chosen them to minister to
Him, and to bless in the name of
Yahweh) and by their mouth shall
every controversy and every stroke be
tried.

Job Chapter 28
Job 28:1 Surely there is a mine for
the silver, and a place where they
refine gold.
Job 28:2 Iron is taken out of the
earth, and bronze is smelted from
stone.
Job 28:3 He sets an end to
darkness, and to every extremity He
searches out a stone of darkness and
death-shade.
Job 28:4 He opens a shaft far from
the visitor; they are forgotten by man's
foot; they hang far from men; they
swing to and fro.
Job 28:5 As to the earth, out of it
comes bread; and underneath it, it is
turned up like fire.
Job 28:6 The place of sapphires is
in its stones, and it has dust of gold.
Job 28:7 There is a path not known
to birds of prey, nor has a falcon's eye
caught sight of it;

Luke Chapter 1
1 Since many took in hand to draw
up an account concerning the matters
having been borne out among us,
2 as those from the beginning
delivered to us, becoming eyewitnesses
and ministers of the Word.
3 It seemed good also to me, having
traced out all things accurately from
the first, to write in order to you, most
excellent Theophilus
4 that you may know the certainty
concerning the words which you were
taught.
5 In the days of Herod the king of
Judea, there was a certain priest
named Zacharias, of the daily course
of Abijah. And his wife was of the
daughters of Aaron, and her name was
Elizabeth.
6 And they were both righteous
before Elohim, walking blameless in
all the commandments and ordinances
of Yahweh.

I would post more, but... well, it's already alot...

Thanks everybody!

As of 7-22-2009, 10:19 PM US Central Time

Earliest (possibly)
Time until Friday, September 1, 2023 (Jerusalem time)
5152 days
123665 hours
7419943 minutes

Latest (possibly)
Time until Saturday, October 31, 2026 (Jerusalem time)
6308 days
151410 hours
9084644 minutes
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 10:50:33 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Some stuff from the start of his translation...

Quote:
It is also proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that the New Testament was not originally written in Greek, but was written in Aramaic (the every day spoken language of our Savior Yahshua) and later translated into Greek.

The magical Aramaic appears again - What proof? Prove it I say.

Quote:
This is not to say that the Greek Textus Receptus manuscript on which the King James Bible is translated is a flawed or ingenuous translation. On the contrary, I believe that the Greek Textus Receptus is generally a very good translation from the original Aramaic Peshitta, but as in any translated work, there are mistakes and things that were missed in the translation from one language to another.

This really troubles me - as I am sure it would trouble Swalchy... The Textus Receptus is pants. Big pants, with frilly edges. And he believes its from the Aramaic Peshitta? Do these people live in a fairly world with unicorns and rainbows? I really have nothing against an Aramaic version of scripture, but I wish people would stop dreaming of one so hard that they start looking past what we have no and start making stuff up. Just stick with the oldest of what we have, then when these Aramaic texts are found, lets go from there...

Quote:
You will be much surprised to find that contrary to the translations of most Greek manuscripts today, the original Aramaic manuscripts do NOT have an anti-Torah (law) bias, and clearly show that not only did our Savior Yahshua uphold the Torah perfectly, but that the Torah was also a prerequisite for His disciples that followed after Him.

Either this guy HAS the original Aramaic manuscripts and is hiding them from us, or he is once again riding that unicorn through a field of butterflies.

Quote:
You will also notice something most striking in this translation that has never been done before. Close to 100 times in the Tanach (Old Testament) you find the personal name of our Savior Yahshua personified in the Holy Scriptures and yet because most translators do not recognize the true Hebrew name of our Savior Yahshua, they do not translate these references about our Messiah into the English language.

If he has done this, I suspect its because he has translated a few times where it says "salvation" to Yahushua... *sigh* His argument is that they are Messianic prophesy - and everyone knows they are talking about Yahushua - personally I thought the idea of accurate translation was to be accurate and not stick stuff in that wasnt there. There isnt anything wrong with the way it was revealed and it was revealed like that for a purpose, normally because there is a tonne more stuff behind it.

Quote:
I would also like to say that although I do believe the Hebrew Masoretic text of the Tanach or Old Covenant is indeed the oldest and overall most reliable source of scripture that we have, I also want to caution that the lying pen of the scribes has not kept the Masoretic text without fault.

The Masoretic texts are again big pants with even bigger frilly bits on - actually frilly bits on the frilly bits! He explains there were parts they changed to fit their own theology, and he explains that he uses a few other translations including the DDS to figure out where they went wrong. He only found 8 errors... *sigh*

Quote:
Also, our Savior’s true given Hebrew name, Yahshua, which means “Yah is salvation” is changed to a Greek hybrid of Jesus, which is a poor transliteration from the Greek IE-Zeus.

Now hes promoting more myth - seriously, the link to Zeus is soooo incredibly tenuious its just ridiculous, yes I dislike the name Jesus, but I can see how it evolved to what it is, and its more likly to have been as Yada suspects from Gesus the horned pagan god.

Quote:
The English transliteration of Yahshua would be the equivalent to Joshua. There was no letter J in any language until the 16th century. So the Greek name “Jesus” would not be the name of our Savior. The third commandment strictly forbids taking Yahweh’s name in vain. In vain literally means to change, falsify, or make common.

Hes nearly there with that one! lol

Again mans romantic ideas over take him, I'm sure he meant every good - but his basic research is flawed and his opinion is bias. I would not say this is a trustworthy translation, I fear its more a changing around of some things and adding Yahushua and Yahweh now and again. Swalchy would be able to give you a much better answer than me though lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 10:42:55 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Well, I downloaded the book, read the introduction and closed the book after the first two chapters of Genesis and Matthew. The introduction gave the whole game away and there was no need to carry on further. As someone said... "looks like a cut 'n' paste job rather than a serious effort at translation." Let's hope his heart is in the right place cos his academic efforts sure leave a lot to be desired.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:05:10 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Edit, Find/Replace, the LORD, Yahweh, Enter, Yes, Enter?
Offline RidesWithYah  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 3:41:31 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

So, where do I find a complete "Yada Yahweh" translation?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 8:29:34 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
RidesWithYah wrote:
So, where do I find a complete "Yada Yahweh" translation?

Well there is someone who is extracting all the translated verses out of YY and formulating them into a PDF I think. But for your RC neeeds, Swalchy is doin one at www.thewaytoyahuweh.com
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...