logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline In His Name  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 9:22:20 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
KP, you should enjoy this:

Quote:
IDF Developing Sabbath-Friendly Keyboard, Computer Screen

by Gil Ronen (IsraelNN.com)
UserPostedImage
Add-on touchscreen, Sabbath keyboard, Sabbath mouse. (IDF website)

The IDF Rabbinate is hard at work on the development of a special touch screen that would make it possible to use vital computer systems without violating Sabbath, reports IDF magazine BaMachaneh (In the Camp).
....The IDF is also examining the possibility of changing the incandescent bulbs in the IDF’s communications equipment with LEDs (light emitting diodes), since turning on an incandescent light involves the actual lighting of a fire, which is explicitly forbidden by the Torah.

This may require a new chapter for TOM...
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 10:12:13 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

but surely you are still doing the work - even if you aren't pushing the buttons... Oh the logic is incredible lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 1:09:50 PM(UTC)
kp

Actually, all you'd need is battery powered computers, if your issue is avoiding "kindling a fire" on the sabbath. Just make sure it's charged up before sundown. The real question: is thinking "work"? By the way, friends, let us not forget to uphold the IDF in our prayers. They are defending Yahweh's chosen, and if we don't support them, who will?

kp
Offline In His Name  
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 3:22:43 PM(UTC)
In His Name

kp wrote:
and if we don't support them, who will?

Uh... Yahweh. :-?

Sorry KP, I couldn't resist. I will pray extra hard tonight.

Seriously though, how do they rationalize this. Is this not doing your normal work, as if doing it a different way changes things? I don't get it.

“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 8:02:09 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Actually, thinking can use up to 50 per cent of your calories! Now if that is not hard work, then why is my head so hot? };-p

But on another note, because of their endeavours we get all these new toys to play with. I'm not really complainin' but the rabbis "shor have some 'splainin' to do" when the real Big Bro comes.

And as for the IDF, they are going to face some really hard times protecting the remnant of Yisra'el. Especially when foreigners keep telling them to stand down in the face of incoming fire. May Abba Yahweh bless them with courage and knowledge of the Truth!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.