logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sirgodfrey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 5:34:20 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

That is the question. Please someone help me with this idea of "marriage." I know it was briefly spoken of in the past - or rather sexual laws - but what seems to be deemed marriage in Yah's eyes? I am quite sure that He could really care less about the wedding and all that jazz, so what is it that He pays attention to? I honestly do not wish to have a marriage for a number of reasons, but I need to know what is acceptable to Yah as far as having a life-long partner. Is He simply all about telling Him "I'm going to love her forever Dad, until I die" or is there more than our verbal oath to Him? Papers? Documents? In ancient times they certainly did not have these - so what is a young lad to make of this? Please help.

I love you guys and gals. You are in my prayers. CHEAA!!
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 6:06:26 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
As i see it, marriage is a commitment between you the person you love, and Yahweh. I don't think you need a wedding to do it, you don't need papers signed by a government official. Now, try and talk a woman into that and see how far you get. I think much like baptism, it is an outward symbol of something that happens inside. You make that commitment before Yahweh, rather it is verbally, or not, and then the wedding is more of a celebration. I think there is something special, at least for me, in getting up in front of everyone I love and care about, and professing my love for my wife and swearing an oath to be with her forever.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:30:17 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would agree with all - there is nothing wrong with a public declaration, just dont think that doing it in front of an alter with whichever religion you have is going to please Yah - I feel He would much rather you declare you commitment and have a party with your friends to celebrate it. :)

If I had my time again, thats what I would do.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 12:48:42 PM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Shalom sirgodfrey,

After looking at some of these replies I thought I would give a voice of reason and keeping to what we are commanded by scripture. I don't believe you have to get married by a church pastor, priest, etc., but you do have to have someone with a valid licences to join you and the one you chose to be your spouse together. There doesn't need to be a official ceremony, ( try getting that past your wife to be) inorder for it to be official. I don't believe that one can simply meet someone and declare their love for them and then set out to consummate their love for one another. This could possibly work if one was isolated from the rest of the world and wasn't under the authority of the law. Which brings me to the voice of reason. We are told that the Most High Elohim created the world and the gov'ts that rule over us in both;
Col. 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
and,
Rom. 13:1-7 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of Yahuweh : the powers that be are ordained of Yahuweh. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of Yahuweh: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of Yahuweh to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of Yahuweh, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are Yahuweh's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

The marriage licence is as Swalchy would say "rendering unto Caesar, that which isn't Caesar's, and taking away from God, what is God's." I would warn you that we are command to keep the law of those that rule over us and that you should both pay the marriage TAX and do with out contension, do it willingly for the glory of him whom established the principalities that we call Caesar's, for they belong to the our Father. So, render this tax unto Caesar as we are command in;

Matt. 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto Elohim the things that are Elohim's.

So, sirgodfrey if our Heavenly Father is to bless you one day with someone that you love enough to pledge to spend the rest of your life with, do by the law of the land and go through the proper steps.
Offline James  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:19:22 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Swalchy wrote:
It is my right (as it is everybody's actually) to get married, it is not a privilege.

This is the same thing that is used to argue for same sex marriage here in the States.

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 2:35:34 PM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Shalom Swalchy,

I agree that we are not to obey the laws of the gov't IF they conflict with the laws set down by Yahuweh. So turn over jews would fit that bill, but a marriage tax and /or fees are the law of Caeser and we are told to pay the tax. So, give that which is Caeser's to Caeser ( the tax ) and that which is Elohin's to Elohim ( marriage ) I see no conflict here. The gov't is doing this " For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. "
These laws are for the GOOD of mankind to cerify that a marriage has taken place and for the PROTECTION of both parties involved, sure they find ways to tax us, are we to resist all other forms of taxtion. that's where I believe we are commanded to obey the laws of the land, this marrige tax isn't getting us to worship another god or bringing harm to anyone. What law of Yahuweh would it cause you to violate?
Offline In His Name  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:39:06 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Let's look at this from the other direction.

Is it illegal to not be legally married? No.

If I am not breaking the law by living with my wife without a government sanctioned license, why am I compelled to accept that license? Today people become legally married to gain legal rights; recognized beneficiary, preferred tax status, etc.. (Swalchy's racist information was very interesting historically)

So from OUR perspective what is important is Yahweh's perspective. I agree, like the water baptism, the marriage ceremony is a public announcement and celebration of the spiritual event. The marriage is consummated with sexual intercourse, the two becoming one flesh. Implicit in the marriage is that the union is a permanent bond in the eyes of God.

I don't understand why homosexual's can't be LEGALLY married. I don't like it, but I think here is where we fall under the Ceasar clause. In a perfect world (I can't wait) the government would be acting as an arm of Yahweh, enforcing his laws and upholding his values, but in today's world the government is running away from those values. Nevertheless, I don't think we have the right to impose our will (Yah's will) on the world at large, even Yahweh lets people choose their own path. If the world chooses to travel the broad path, what can we do but follow Yahweh and live our lives as a shining example for others to see.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline bitnet  
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:21:11 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

"impose our will (Yah's will) on the world at large..." That's starting from a couple of steps behind. Actually, He already gave instructions in the beginning and we imposed our will upon Him by denying those instructions, putting ourselves higher than He is and idolising ourselves. This has led to where we are now, and soon if everything that the world wants to do in their name against His will is allowed without believers declaring His will, then it will also come to pass that the world will criminalise any relationship with Yahweh. If the world is outvoted by Muslims who become the majority in the world's nations, this can very well happen in this century, if not for the fact that He shall come too soon for them to do just this. So are we right to protest what is against Yahweh's will? We are told that to do just that! Are we imposing our will then? No, but declaring His will.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:17:41 PM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Shalom Friends,

I understand that marriage belongs to God, but the tax belongs to the gov't, this is to be paid according to scripture. Whether marriage is a right or privilege isn't the point here. Yahuweh gave the jews the land of Israel, it was their RIGHT to live in that land, it was conquered by Rome and they were asked/ MADE to pay a tribute tax to Caesar for the priviledge to live in a land inwhich it was their RIGHT to live according to Yahuweh. Were they to refuse to pay this tribute tax? The teaching of Yahushua was YES, he himself paid the taxes imposed on the citizens of the land that was given to them by Yahuweh, WHY did he pay the taxes, as not to OFFEND them. We can see this in;

Matt. 17:24-27 "And when they were come to Capernaum, they that received tribute money came to Kepha, and said, Doth not your Rabbi pay tribute? He saith, Yes. And when he was come into the house, Yahushua prevented him, saying, What thinkest thou, Simon? of whom do the kings of the earth take custom or tribute? of their own children, or of strangers? Kepha saith unto him, Of strangers. Yahushua saith unto him, Then are the children free. Notwithstanding, lest we should offend them, go thou to the sea, and cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money: that take, and give unto them for me and thee."

Matt. 22:17-21 " Tell us therefore, What thinkest thou? Is it lawful to give tribute unto Caesar, or not? But Yahushua perceived their wickedness, and said, Why tempt ye me, ye hypocrites? Shew me the tribute money. And they brought unto him a penny. And he saith unto them, Whose is this image and superscription? They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto Elohim the things that are Elohim's.

Are we or are we not only to give tribute/ praise to Yahuweh? Yahushua was teaching that it wasn't about the tribute, but rather it was about the money, to pay the tribute tax wasn't giving tribute/ praise to Caesar, it was about obeying the law of the land.
To get a marriage licence isn't about giving tribute to Caesar either, but rather obeying the law of the land. I would think that Yahushua would say to pay the marriage tax as for we should'nt offend them. To do otherwise could be preceived as foolish, unwise, arrogant, and prideful. Sorry for my disagreement, but thats what I believe the scriptures teach.
Offline In His Name  
#10 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 6:42:29 AM(UTC)
In His Name

TRUTH B-TOLD wrote:
Shalom Friends,

To get a marriage licence isn't about giving tribute to Caesar either, but rather obeying the law of the land. I would think that Yahushua would say to pay the marriage tax as for we should'nt offend them. To do otherwise could be preceived as foolish, unwise, arrogant, and prideful. Sorry for my disagreement, but thats what I believe the scriptures teach.

TBT, Maybe I am confused or just not seeing your point, but how does the law require me to be legally married?
Are a man and a woman living together (as husband and wife) without obtaining a state marriage license breaking the state's law?
I can't drive without a license. I can be fined and arrrested.
I can't fish or hunt without a license. I can be fined and arrested.
I can't operate a business without a license. I can be fined and arrested.
I can live with a woman, as husband and wife, without a state license. Are there any penalties?

As Swalchy originally pointed out, the license was developed to provide legality to unrecognized marriages:
Quote:
From bibletranslations.ws:
There is a term for the rights that I have spoken of, the rights that exist regardless of what government is in power. These rights are known as "common rights." Marriage is one of them. Marriage has always been a common right, even in oppressive societies, such as feudal Europe, or the Roman empire, etc. People have never had to ask permission to get married, unless they were slaves. Even some slaves got married when and to whom they pleased, at least without the government's permission. When a person is not allowed to do a particular thing without the government's permission, then that thing is called a PRIVILEGE.

But wait a minute, why do marriage licenses exist in the United States then? Very simple: they were instituted for marriages that were deemed by society as wrong, either marriages that were malum in se, or marriages that were malum prohibitum, illegal, prohibited by law. In the history of America, the vast majority of people never got licenses to get married, because their marriages were never deemed illegal or considered wrong.
But up until the 1960's there were some marriages that were considered wrong: interracial marriages. Those were the marriages that required a license. (I am not against interracial marriage; I am only explaining the history of the marriage license.)

What is this marriage TAX? All I paid was a filing fee to cover the cost of processing the license. I receive tax benefits because my wife and I can file jointly.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline David  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 5:16:48 PM(UTC)
David

TRUTH B-TOLD wrote:
Shalom sirgodfrey,

After looking at some of these replies I thought I would give a voice of reason and keeping to what we are commanded by scripture. I don't believe you have to get married by a church pastor, priest, etc., but you do have to have someone with a valid licences to join you and the one you chose to be your spouse together. There doesn't need to be a official ceremony, ( try getting that past your wife to be) inorder for it to be official. I don't believe that one can simply meet someone and declare their love for them and then set out to consummate their love for one another. This could possibly work if one was isolated from the rest of the world and wasn't under the authority of the law. Which brings me to the voice of reason. We are told that the Most High Elohim created the world and the gov'ts that rule over us in both;
Col. 1:16 For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
and,
Rom. 13:1-7 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of Yahuweh : the powers that be are ordained of Yahuweh. Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of Yahuweh: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation. For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same: For he is the minister of Yahuweh to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of Yahuweh, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil. Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake. For for this cause pay ye tribute also: for they are Yahuweh's ministers, attending continually upon this very thing. Render therefore to all their dues: tribute to whom tribute is due; custom to whom custom; fear to whom fear; honour to whom honour.

The marriage licence is as Swalchy would say "rendering unto Caesar, that which isn't Caesar's, and taking away from God, what is God's." I would warn you that we are command to keep the law of those that rule over us and that you should both pay the marriage TAX and do with out contension, do it willingly for the glory of him whom established the principalities that we call Caesar's, for they belong to the our Father. So, render this tax unto Caesar as we are command in;

Matt. 22:21 They say unto him, Caesar's. Then saith he unto them, Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar's; and unto Elohim the things that are Elohim's.

So, sirgodfrey if our Heavenly Father is to bless you one day with someone that you love enough to pledge to spend the rest of your life with, do by the law of the land and go through the proper steps.

TBT, you seriously need to look in another forum at the proper translation for Romans 13. The KJV and other translations like it just cast government in the wrong light. I guess Paul was just disobeying God, in fact God was breaking His own laws, when He sent that angel to bust Paul out of jail. I guess if you don't take the mark of the beast in Revelation, you are being disobedient to God. In fact, God is breaking His own laws again by telling us where we'll go if we don't take the mark. Even better, Jesus constantly broke the law of God by constantly being a thorn in the side of the higher powers. Ask Swalchy about it. He'll point the right translation out for ya.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, November 3, 2009 11:10:35 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

have to agree with Davie boy :)

Romans 13 was so horribly violated, it really tricks people in to thinking that Yah said "Obey you leaders"... Oh dear. lol
Offline Matthew  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:43:16 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
David wrote:
TBT, you seriously need to look in another forum at the proper translation for Romans 13. The KJV and other translations like it just cast government in the wrong light. I guess Paul was just disobeying God, in fact God was breaking His own laws, when He sent that angel to bust Paul out of jail. I guess if you don't take the mark of the beast in Revelation, you are being disobedient to God. In fact, God is breaking His own laws again by telling us where we'll go if we don't take the mark. Even better, Jesus constantly broke the law of God by constantly being a thorn in the side of the higher powers. Ask Swalchy about it. He'll point the right translation out for ya.

TBT's post was back in June, that's well before Yada did the Galatians review.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 2:01:15 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Matthew wrote:
TBT's post was back in June, that's well before Yada did the Galatians review.

yea thats right - but what you dont know is TBT has a time machine.
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 4:55:44 AM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Half a century ago, it was illegal in every state for adult lovers to live together without being married. Today, on the other hand, just six states (Mississippi, Virginia, West Virginia, Florida, North Dakota and Michigan) still criminalize cohabitation by opposite-sex couples, although anti-cohabitation laws are generally not enforced. Many legal scholars believe that in light of in Lawrence v. Texas, such laws making cohabitation illegal are unconstitutional (North Carolina Superior Court judge Benjamin Alford has struck down the North Carolina law on that basis).

I hope those of you that just want to shack up with your love ones instead of getting officially married by applying and getting a marriage license don't live in Mississippi, Virginia, West Virginia, Florida, North Dakota and Michigan or any country that enforces sharia law for it is illegal to do so. I think it is a shame that our and other society's of the world have abandoned the institution of marriage due to many reasons around 50 years ago. This has weaken the the morality of those nations that have accepted this as the norm and it is really sad when you have those that love Yah following in their footsteps and trying to justify it by saying you don't need a marriage license to be married in Yah's eyes, please, that just sound like they are so full of pride and vainity they can't see straight.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 5:43:43 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

TRUTH B-TOLD wrote:
Half a century ago, it was illegal in every state for adult lovers to live together without being married. Today, on the other hand, just six states (Mississippi, Virginia, West Virginia, Florida, North Dakota and Michigan) still criminalize cohabitation by opposite-sex couples, although anti-cohabitation laws are generally not enforced. Many legal scholars believe that in light of in Lawrence v. Texas, such laws making cohabitation illegal are unconstitutional (North Carolina Superior Court judge Benjamin Alford has struck down the North Carolina law on that basis).

I hope those of you that just want to shack up with your love ones instead of getting officially married by applying and getting a marriage license don't live in Mississippi, Virginia, West Virginia, Florida, North Dakota and Michigan or any country that enforces sharia law for it is illegal to do so. I think it is a shame that our and other society's of the world have abandoned the institution of marriage due to many reasons around 50 years ago. This has weaken the the morality of those nations that have accepted this as the norm and it is really sad when you have those that love Yah following in their footsteps and trying to justify it by saying you don't need a marriage license to be married in Yah's eyes, please, that just sound like they are so full of pride and vainity they can't see straight.

Well the thing is Yah's man and woman becoming one flesh requires no piece of paper or legal document - He never requires it. But it is our responsibility to honor our relationship with our spouses with a piece of paper or not. Yah's form of joining a man and a woman out dates mans marriage and legal certificate by a rather large gap...

If someone wants to use the excuse of "well Yah knows", well so be it, thats between them and Yah - and their spouse, but He knows their heart and motives and it will mean nothing to Him if they treat it as lightly.

If someone wanted to mess around outside of marriage with someone else it would happen piece of paper or not, that is mostly why the devoice rate is so high.

What you are saying is you need a marriage licence to be married in Yah's eyes. But when does Yah ever ask for that, will St Peter check my Marraige certificate (yes I have one) on the way through the pearly gates? no of course not - its a load of man made balls. What Yah wants to see is a living example of our relationship with Him - an active reminder of the aspects of Yah working together, not some moral standpoint. With this mindset we might as well celebrate Christmas and Easter, why? because 50 years ago it was such a moral time of love and peace and good will or all men remembering the sacrifice of our saviour and meeting with family, now its just so commercial...

Man makes rules, Yah has His own - and a legally binding marriage + accompanying paper means jack all to Him - its the hearts behind the marriage that matter. If I had my time again I would not go through the Church as I did, would I get a certificate? Yea I might go to a registry office because in the UK we used to loose out on certain benefits if we did not have a certificate - would I get the certificate because Yah wants me to? No - because He doesn't, and saying He does is clinging in some kind of pride and vanity towards the tradition and law of man.

Offline RidesWithYah  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:51:09 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

This reply is to an older post, but I think it's an important point.
"I don't believe that one can simply meet someone and declare their love for them and then set out to consummate their love for one another."

That's exactly the way it works, or at least did at one time. There is no such thing as sex before marriage -- sex IS marriage. It's how the two become one flesh. A few examples of "marriage", not "church marriages" or "marriage licenses":

1.Genesis 29:21
And Jacob said unto Laban, Give me my wife, for my days are fulfilled, that I may go in unto her.

2.Genesis 30:3
And she said, Behold my maid Bilhah, go in unto her; and she shall bear upon my knees, that I may also have children by her.

3.Deuteronomy 21:13
And she shall put the raiment of her captivity from off her, and shall remain in thine house, and bewail her father and her mother a full month: and after that thou shalt go in unto her, and be her husband, and she shall be thy wife.

4.Deuteronomy 22:13
If any man take a wife, and go in unto her, and hate her, ...

5.Deuteronomy 25:5
If brethren dwell together, and one of them die, and have no child, the wife of the dead shall not marry without unto a stranger: her husband's brother shall go in unto her, and take her to him to wife, and perform the duty of an husband's brother unto her.
Offline Matthew  
#18 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:32:26 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
KP covers much of this in mitzvah 300-302 in Chapter 8 of TOM
Offline RidesWithYah  
#19 Posted : Thursday, November 5, 2009 12:44:42 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Thanks Matthew, I wasn't sure exactly where I had read it, but it stuck...
Offline EI  
#20 Posted : Tuesday, December 1, 2009 4:36:30 PM(UTC)
EI

Very interesting conversation here. I wonder? I would venture to say that unfortunately most people do not have sex with one female(or male) and then stay with that person forever. I agree, there is ample evidence in scripture to illustrate that marriage, back then, was exactly that - started with a sexual act per say. I also feel that obtaining a marriage license, today, were it is 'required' by law should be adhered too. And I DON'T KNOW whether or not I would have given up Jews to the Nazi's back then, I was not alive. If back then I was where I am at relationship wise with my father now then the answer would be NO I WOULDN't. But if I was were I was at 10 years ago then Hitler may have had a few more Jews to line up and execute! I was a filthy dog then and actually I still am now, the only difference is the Set Apart Spirit hides it from my heavenly Father so I appear clean while beginning to give me bubble bath. Sure, I may roll in the dirt some now, just not as deep or long from day to day. Who knows, hopefully by his power, I will stay permanently on the paved, straight and narrow; never to be dirty again! Oh wait a minute, that probably will not happen until that great and wonderful day that the trumpets sound. Well, better late than never! Now, to compare an individual giving up another to die and obtaining a marriage license, well......

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just when I think that I am actually grasping the love of Elohim I realize I still have no clue!!! I mean, I must admit that I had sexual relationships with a number of females before I was 'legally married' to my 'marriage license wife' now. Now maybe you guys or girls on here who are not 'legally married' are virgins so you don't need 'grace' in this instance. But if your not then maybe you need to look that female up and tell her that you guys are married; or the second female; or the third; or whatever, you know what I mean. As for me I have been an adulterer since I was 16 and I am still living in adultery for that matter. I better go pray!

Honestly, I don't feel by obtaining a marriage license it goes against scripture and I have not read in scripture differently. Whether you have a license or not, the marriage will belong to Yahuweh, this is not annulled. If you obtain a license to follow the law of the land that you are in, the marriage still belongs to Yahuweh, and your just trying to do the right thing by your governing society. And since obtaining a marriage license does not require you to give anyone over to be killed (except your spouse by you, lol) it is not 'going against' or obeying man over Yahuweh. And what about two non believers who are married. Do the bible teach that in Yahuweh's eyes they are not married? What about us who were 'legally' married before we truly knew Yahuweh, were we not married? And what about ..... lets not be bound down too much with endless and fruitless disputes that lead to pride and trespasses. Are we for Yahuweh or are we just trying to prove our point, or how smart we are, or how much scripture we know, or how much I am right and you are wrong? How terrible it is to fall in the hands of men! Yahushua knows the hearts and minds!

I love all of you in Yahushua!! Thank and Praise Yahuweh for his mercy and grace; may we not let sin abound.

P.S. Was this originally posted in the Twilight Zone or was it moved here? The original question seems like a legit, sincere question. Why the twilight zone?

Offline RidesWithYah  
#21 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 12:54:15 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

It's a filter the mods set up --
threads get moved to Twilight Zone automatically,
any time I reply more than twice.

Seriously tho, I get what you're saying about "all our exes".
I believe this goes a long way to explaining the place they keep in our hearts...
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#22 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2009 1:35:21 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Its true RWY :) You are just sooo twilight, the forum actually does it itself! lol

I dunno why its here tbh :)