logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline forumadmin  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 9:01:31 PM(UTC)
forumadmin

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
The transfer to the new web and database servers has been completed.
In addition, the software has been upgraded from YetAnotherForum 1.9.3 RC2 to 1.9.3 Final
There may be a few bugs initially, so please email us at help@yadayahweh.com if something isn't working quite right.

That being said, we hope that the upgrade addresses some previous problems - the most significant being the nagging logging out nuisance.
Below is the list posted by the forum coders of aspects that were changed from the previous version.

We hope you enjoy the new forum.

The Yada Yahweh Team

Changes Since RC2:
Jaben: Separated .NET v2.0 & .NET v3.5 Binaries.
Jaben: bbobb Russian language file update. Some additional Data Layer compatibility changes thanks to bbobb.
Mek: Added Herman_Herman's new persian.xml translation.
Jaben: Refactored the post message code -- fixed issue with editing/recreating a poll. Works properly now.
Jaben: Fixed bug with choice_add procedure -- when you add a new choice to a poll it would fail.
Jaben: Problems Enzo found on older compilers.
Jaben: Fixed issue with TimeZones when no DB is present once and for all.
Jaben: Refactored BoardSettings -- allowing board settings to be created without a DB present.
Jaben: Create Mail now optionally uses the "TO USER" language localization when creating emails.
Jaben: Fix for provider issue where "created" (Joined) field is not being set... this causes a few issues.
Jaben: Added UrlReferrer security switch to board settings... can be turned off if desired.
Jaben: Added search features... Now handles back button properly. View all posts by user added to profile page.
Jaben: Added [Enter] key support to the goto page form.
Jaben: Added Provider Upgrade procedure -- just called on forum upgrade.
Jaben: Added "Ignore User" system to posts -- thanks to "jshepler" for the code.
Jaben: Finally refactored the "FormatUserBox" code into a separate control. Plus I further refactored the code into functions. Quite a bit cleaner now.
Jaben: Added nUnit Test Project.
Jaben: Fixed issue with Categories being visible if there were no available forums in them.
Jaben: Fixed issue with forum_sort function if a "StartAt" forumId was supplied. This was a problem when searching sub-forums: it wasn't really adding the start at forum to the data table of forums.
Ederon: Moderators now cannot assign moderator access mask to another users. This is reserved to admins.
Jaben: Patch from bbobb for SQL data layer changes.
Mddubs: Multiboard fixes by calling the WebConfigurationManager for the BaseUrl key. For each separate board page, add a web.config in that directory and specify the correct YAF.BaseUrl key.
Mddubs: Remove the space before the comma when user belongs to multiple groups/roles.
Ederon: Picture attachment display treshold is now admin setting (see host settings).
Jaben: lithuanian localization thanks to RavenDev on the forum.
Jaben: bbobb changes: centralized all DB code into DB.cs file.
Jaben: Moved DBSize and ForumInstalled properties to the DB class. Add infomessage enum.
Jaben: Added proper error handling if the user cannot be located in the Membership. (Before it just swallowed the exception.)
Ederon: Fixed few calls in BoardSettings. May need additional attention to make it bullet-proof.
Ederon: Unique index in Forum table is ParentID and Name instead of CategoryID and Name, to allow forums with same name on different levels.
Jaben: bbobb provided fix for bug with sproc MessageReported.
Mddubs: Hide entire change email row instead of just disabling the email text box.
Mddubs: Host Settings -> Allow Email Change.
Mddubs: Fixed preview image once a rank image is added.
Jaben: Category cache is now refreshed when you modify the forums.
Jaben: Added MaxPostSize -- and truncation of displayed post if it's too large... set to 32k by default.
Jaben: MessageReported tables entries are now deleted when a topic is deleted. DisplayPost won't show PM/EMail links for guest posters.
Jaben: Replace rules cache needs to be board-based since custom BBCode can vary as well as options (possibly in the future).
Jaben: Fixed -- ForumJump cache was NOT Board based causing some multi-board "PostBack" issues.
Jaben: Added "YAF" prefix to all YAF application setting.
Micsotho: Ensured a null replace rule cannot be added (attempting to fix a null reference exception).
Jaben: Fixes/updates for Telerik Rad Editor -- Thanks to Mark Hufford.
Jaben: Updated Hebrew language file thanks to danielgindi and others.
Jaben: Updated German language thanks to MrData.
Jaben: Moved YafControlSettings into Config assembly so BoardID is universally available. Also made YafControlSetting a singleton similar to YafContext so the instance was also available everywhere.
Jaben: Made UrlBuilder board-based -- to fix issues with multiboard.
Jaben: Localized Time Zone Selection information and made it pretty simple to modify.
Jaben: Had enough of the ugly Profile page. Made it AJAX tabs and cleaned up the moderate section.
Jaben: Fix for bug: "In the Stored Procedure yaf_prov_role_exists, it takes the application as a parameter, but doesn't do a check against it (I don't think our version has been modified!)" found by Reptophile.
Mek: Bad Word in TopicLine issue resolved.
Mek: Fixed Bad Word issues in Active Topics and Moved sprocs.
Mek: Fixed BBCode SQL Error when using alternative ObjectQualifier.
Mek: EditUsersInfo fix to include UserFlags.IsApproved being saved.
Jaben: Added a "flow" to reported posts, spam and approving posts... Now it redirects back to moderate if section is empty. Also added CSS style buttons -- why? Because I like them better. Smile
Mddubs: Added Gray theme. Added Modern Smiley Pack emoticons.
Micsotho: Fixed Email Topic -- since emails are sent out as plain text, URL should not have been escaped
Mddubs: Removed wb.SubString() which wasn't being assigned anywhere and was essentially doing nothing.
Mddubs: Corrected the formatting, the labels were too big and the text boxes were too small.
Mddubs: Implemented an optional ShowToolBar config key if you want to hide the toolbar because you have your own menu controls on your integrated site.
Mddubs: In some instances the inbox css styles were all wacky. This fixed the problem.
Jaben: Finally made the "CollapsibleThemeImage" into a control to simply.
Jaben: YafContext now automatically inits as needed.
Micsotho: Fixed an error (DeletedRowInaccessibleException) that would occur if a user deleted the first message in a topic.
Jaben: Fixed bug with BBCode modules and INNER HTML that wasn't right, e.g.:
Jaben: Added a "Tooltip" to the spoiler mod as per a user request...
Jaben: Fixed issue where the inner HTML was not being displayed properly for the BBCode Modules. Also fixed an issue with IsPasswordCompliant from the SourceForge bugs.
Jaben: Fixed "Active Topics" RSS bug related to CategoryID.
Jaben: Fixed inconsistencies in how the profile links were being handled/displayed. Now opens links in new window for both WWW and BLOG -- also enabled NOFOLLOW if specified in the admin.
Jaben: Better protection for uploaded files: they no longer have their uploaded extensions which could obviously cause problems if you allow uploads of types like .aspx or .ascx, etc.
Jaben: Fixed OLD voting cookie error -- the name of the cookie was totally wrong. Still worked when vote by IP was selected -- but failed when unselected.
Jaben: Localized the Spoiler Mod -- and add a complete localization system to the BBCode modules.

Edited by user Wednesday, September 30, 2009 9:07:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline Swalchy  
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 1:24:51 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

Well, I'm logged in, so I shall see whether I get logged out any time soon!

I would suggest that people empty their cookie's and cache before logging in again, just to make sure that this works finally :)
Offline Swalchy  
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:30:21 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

I got signed out again after an hour =/
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:11:33 AM(UTC)
kp

What is that on Joe's list that appears sporadically, the "prayer of Jaben?" :-)

kp
Offline Swalchy  
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 10:19:55 AM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

I actually signed in again at about 6:20pm, GMT, and it's now 21:19pm GMT, and I'm STILL LOGGED IN!!! :o :o :o
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 6:19:47 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Congrats! This is certainly much faster and if the above posts are anything to go by... I shall enjoy not being logged off after just two minutes! Say, does anyone fancy staying in Malaysia for three nights soon? PM me and you may get it for free! I do hope that the owners/administrators will take a break and visit... but I can't spring for the air tickets.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Swalchy  
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 11:44:46 PM(UTC)
Swalchy
Man

Well, It's now 11am here, and I'm still logged in! Amazing! :D

Edit: I still get logged out occasionally, but it's certainly lasting a LOT longer than it used to!

I was signed in for about 24 hours, and then for at least 6 hour segments since.

Edited by user Saturday, June 6, 2009 3:17:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline forumadmin  
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2009 2:52:14 PM(UTC)
forumadmin

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Fortunately (or unfortunately), my suspicions about our success being the cause of our problems were correct.
That is, the servers we were previously hosted on were being overwhelmed and were throwing out sessions when there was a need to start new ones for new users.
And when one's session was thrown out, that was when you needed to log in again.

The unfortunate part is that Yada is now putting in an EXTRA $115 a month for these new servers.
I only mention that as another example for people to keep in mind if they run into one of his critics who state that he is only pushing all of this to make money on his books.

Thanks to everyone for helping with testing out the new site and for the feedback.

Lastly, we will be uploading a new version of the software sometime soon that will no longer be in "Debug" mode.
This should make the site even faster.