logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sirgodfrey  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2009 5:13:42 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Didn't know where to post this, so feel free to move it if necessary (to whom it may concern). This question of libido is something that I have been pondering for a lil while now. What is up with our sexual drives? Yahushua tells us that lust is transgression. Lust by definition happens to be strong desire for something or someone. So my question is did Yah give us this strong sexual desire to be with women/men, or did somehow after "the fall" our libidos go haywire? Another factor would be seducing spirits, not sure of if demons command such power to seduce someone using someone else's body, although i am quite sure that this may be possible. Not necessarily that the person is controlled by a demon, but seriously influenced -- maybe even coerced by demonic activity. I know that the media (especially within American society/culture) has a huge part to play in this as one cannot turn their heads without having a half-naked woman shoved into their nostrils. Would love to hear thoughts and such concerning this. Thank you brothers and sisters. May Yahuweh continue to lead and guide you. You are in my prayers.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2009 11:38:07 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I really don't get it either dude... but I can tell you truthfully, i'm looking forward to the day I don't have a libido... its just so irritating!
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 1:11:04 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Robskiwarrior wrote:
I really don't get it either dude... but I can tell you truthfully, i'm looking forward to the day I don't have a libido... its just so irritating!

Hahahaha! And that's from a married man and father! Libido... it's something that you have for your mind to wrap around your body. Takes time to control and not even priests and monks get it right!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline James  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 6:07:33 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Human nature are sinful in many ways the male libido is just one of them. We must constantly fight our nature, if our nature wasn't sinful life would be to easy. Desire is a part of human nature, and it is what lead to the fall. Anyone who has a kid or has been a kid know that rebellion is a part of our nature. So I see our sexual nature as something we must fight as we would any other part of our sinful nature.

For those like me who believe in a degree of evolution, there where human like creatures on earth, and Yahweh took one, and gave it a neshama and that was Adam. So man is an animal, with the addition of a consciences, we still have the same basic nature as the animal from which we where made, but we must use our conscience to fight that nature.

I have to disagree with robski though, I look forward to maybe having a less active libido, but not none at all.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline sirgodfrey  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 8:18:27 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

James wrote:
I have to disagree with robski though, I look forward to maybe having a less active libido, but not none at all.

HAHA :) Yeh. Not too sure of not having a libido at all. Libido is good. It's just the context in which it is utilized (for lack of a better word).
Offline James  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 8:24:48 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Yeah, I direct my libido toward my wife, and we are both happy about that.

Offline edStueart  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 11:41:00 AM(UTC)
edStueart

James wrote:

Had more "Christians" in Europe followed this example, the problem illustrated in this thread would not have come up!
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Matthew  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 12:10:29 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Good one Ed! Unfortunately for Europe they have readily available abortion clinics designed to compensate for their care-free sex culture.

James wrote:

To make the occasion extra special with my wife tonight I bought a bottle of red-wine and chocolate earlier today!

Offline James  
#9 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 12:21:44 PM(UTC)
James
Man

Swalchy wrote:
And here's where everyone starts giving out TMI....

Let me tell you about the other night ........

Offline Matthew  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2009 12:50:45 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Swalchy wrote:
And here's where everyone starts giving out TMI....

Yup, I was thinking about that, haha.
Offline Matthew  
#11 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 3:20:12 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I was thinking upon the same lines the other day, we are one-step up from being an animal, and with the blessing of a neshamah comes the curse/blessing (whichever way you see it) of having to control our natural passions.

Swalchy wrote:
Especially those of us without wives =/

You just wait until you're not getting any, especially when you and your wife aren't on the same page! lol
Offline sirgodfrey  
#12 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 5:25:58 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Matthew wrote:
You just wait until you're not getting any, especially when you and your wife aren't on the same page! lol

If I ever get "married" and I am not getting any then, I just may kill myself.
Offline bitnet  
#13 Posted : Thursday, June 4, 2009 8:01:01 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

SG, it would be easier and nicer for you to kiss and make up... I used to remember a long time ago when people asked "How's married life?" and I answered "It has its' side benefits... now the wife cooks and washes my clothes..." Hahahaha! I'd probably get slapped silly for this by some readers.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#14 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 5:04:59 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

:) dont get slapped silly. i know that marriage comes with its ups and downs. i was making a joke. marriage is supposed to be a loving relationship - spiritually, mentally and physically.

i honestly don't mind washing my own clothes. as far as the cooking though................

i can most certainly get by, but if the wifey knows how to THROW DOWN in the kitchen, i most-likely will not spend a terrible amount of time in that particular vicinity of our dwelling place.
Offline StuDent  
#15 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 6:21:57 AM(UTC)
StuDent
Man

Quote:
"the wifey"?

lol

You won't have much look getting a wife with language like that :P

Wifey is actually an affectionate title here Swalchy.

Quote:
1. Wifey Material
A phrase often used to describe a girl whom you feel possesses certain qualities that qualifies her to be a model wife for you.

1) Kind
2) Sweet
3) Caring
4) Compassionate

That's from urbandictionary.com, I wouldn't google wifey though as this wasn't the first link that came up. I should have known better.

"As a man thinketh in his heart, so is he"
Offline sirgodfrey  
#16 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 7:16:26 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

don't get me started on "acceptable" language.

good job StuDent (no sarcasm).
Offline shalom82  
#17 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 4:14:28 PM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I think this is connected enough to this topic to post....I just got back from Beijing and let me just say....the latest fashions are no help to a man's quest for chastity and marital fidelity. It is rather sad that we are constantly bombarded by overt sexuality. As to sirgodfrey's original post I think he is very astute about the media's role in selling that type of culture and the force or influence that could be behind it. I don't want women to go walking around in Burqas or Hijabs....but the other extreme is no good either. How can a man not look at women with some of the things they wear nowadays. I will not go into detail...we all know what I am talking about. Was this the point of the feminist movement? To relegate women to mere sexual objects with that advertise that they have nothing else to offer? Well if it was....mission accomplished.

As another thought....modesty is strange....There is almost a universal understanding that is automatic and immediate about what is the intention of dress. I don't know about you but I see a bare breasted woman from a tribe in Africa or wherever....and I don't think to myself....that slut....to me she very well could be the model of modesty and chastity in her society. But I see a Chinese woman or an American woman with considerably more clothing on and I immediately know that they are trying to convey a hyper sexuality. Strange.....
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#18 Posted : Friday, June 5, 2009 5:31:55 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Hmmm... I understand your perceptions, Jake, but I suppose that I had not thought so much about sexuality rather than beauty. The amount of fabric matters little to me, and perhaps one way to get around this is to imagine that everyone is wearing a bikini! It's like the way you imagine the people in the room staring at you before you utter your first word for a speech to be naked. Everything changes! So it is perspective, as you rightly note about natives in their environment. Presumably if you go to the pool or beach it would not matter as the amount of skin does not reveal sexuality, whereas clothing does convey subliminal messages if you were so programmed to think of it that way. Americans and most English-speaking societies have this issue, but many Europeans do not. In some societies, such as on Yap island in the Pacific, men and women are topless but showing the thigh is regarded as a sexual provocation! Context matters, I suppose. Personally, I tend not to bother what people may or or may not wear. Everyone could be nude but their thoughts, words and actions matter more. I would feel more threatened sitting in a room full of people wearing burqas, hijabs and serbans!

Edited by user Saturday, June 6, 2009 8:03:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Some typos in a rush.

Offline sirgodfrey  
#19 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 7:54:19 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

I also agree that context matters - different societies have different perceptions concerning sexuality. My question was speaking more about the influence of media and demonic spirits that perpetuate sexuality within OUR culture and how that relates to our libido. Whether that plus the fall of man plays a major role in our sexual drives in which I am quite sure that all of it does.
Offline bitnet  
#20 Posted : Saturday, June 6, 2009 8:17:59 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Right, in that context it is best you get married fast, SG! Let's say that it is staying out of trouble by getting into, er, more acceptable trouble. With regards to "OUR" culture, I presume you are referring to American culture... then there nothing I can do for you. Hahahaha! I mean, I live in a country where the ministers and politicians are trying to be holier-than-thou and constantly berate Western culture in favour of Eastern culture where "we don't do things like that" while ignoring that the Kama Sutra was written for a Islamic Mogul sultan in India and that almost all Eastern cultures permit bigamy or concubinage. You can probably spend all your time researching these things out and stay out of trouble in the meantime. The mass media and Net will continue to distract with overt sexuality but I am sure that you can immerse yourself in other more healthy activities so that you should not have a problem controlling your libido. I have an idea! If you are into rap and presumably have a good voice, why not help produce the audio for the books on YY that Yada and Ken have little time for? Send them an audition tape. Yoohoo... Ken...
Offline sirgodfrey  
#21 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2009 5:31:41 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Yes Bitnet - I was speaking of American culture. I apologize, for some reason it totally slipped my mind that people here are from different regions of the world. I know that some of us dwell here in America. And you are quite right - I certainly have much studying and researching to do that would give me little time for other, non-healthy activities. I am hoping that after I record my cd at the end of this month, and have my website up, that will give me a lot to do what with answering emails from people about my music and any questions or remarks they may have.