logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline JamesH  
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:25:05 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I purchased 4 sheep a couple months ago. A ram and 3 ewes I had a lamb born 2 days ago a little ram, it should be about the right age for Passover. I'm already having a problem though my wife is out hugging and holding him. I still might have to buy a roast Ha. We will have to wait and see. J
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:34:17 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
well I dont think your wife would be happy...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:43:30 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

well when she comes in and starts talking about it by name, probably something like "flossy", nuff said. lol
Offline JamesH  
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 21, 2009 1:53:17 PM(UTC)
JamesH

I guess I can invite him to supper
Offline In His Name  
#5 Posted : Monday, May 25, 2009 9:38:56 PM(UTC)
In His Name

This just in:

Quote:
From The Sunday Times
May 24, 2009
Burping of the lambs blows roast off menu
Jonathan Leake, Environment Editor

GIVE up lamb roasts and save the planet. Government advisers are developing menus to combat climate change by cutting out “high carbon” food such as meat from sheep, whose burping poses a serious threat to the environment.

Out will go kebabs, greenhouse tomatoes and alcohol. Instead, diners will be encouraged to consume more potatoes and seasonal vegetables, as well as pork and chicken, which generate fewer carbon emissions.

Oh such a decision; save mother earth.... or honor Yahweh.... hmmm, what shall I do???
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline bitnet  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 12:07:45 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Hahahaha! Don't cows pass more gas than sheep? Wonder what the agenda is behind this article or the people looking at carbon emissions. Are we going to get into the range wars between cattle farmers and sheep herders again? That was, oh, so two centuries ago...
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Matthew  
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 3:49:07 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Why don't these "government advisers" first measure their own destructive ways against the environment, things to be measured can be their own burping and farting.

Also, I don't understand, do the lambs burping harm the environment or not? They say lambs burping poses a threat to the environment but then say they shouldn't be on the menu, in other words let them continue to grow out in the field. John of Oklahoma leaves a good comment "If the lamb is consumed as food it will no longer be able to burp so therefore will no longer produce CO2. Just because someone leaves lamb off the menu doesn't mean the lamb ceases to exist. Was it not the government that has mandated the addition of ethanol to gasoline?" I also like Lel of White Bear Lake's comment "The White House and two houses of Congress (soon the Court) give credibility & support to these new age "scientists". America voted for "Hope & Change" and opened the clown cars doors."
Offline BiynaYahu  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 4:30:30 AM(UTC)
BiynaYahu
Man

It's all double talk anyway. It's fluorocarbons that damage the environment. Burning wood, and other pure carbon sources actually clean the air. Plus, the main substance in expelled gas is methane, and I've never heard that connected to global warming. People will never admit, "it's all oil, and oil is all it is."
Someone who does not dearly love or welcome, entertain, look fondly upon or cherish people with strong affection or highly esteem them with great favour, goodwill or benevolence, be loyal to or greatly adore them has not known or understood, perceived or realized, noticed or discerned, discovered or observed, experienced or ascertained, learned about or distinguished, comprehended, acknowledged or recognized God*, for concerning this, God* is and exists as brotherly love and affection, good will, esteem and benevolence.
Offline JamesH  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 11:04:37 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Well it happened my 7 year old granddaughter named the lamb Snowball. I explained to her that he was going to be Passover dinner next year. She looked at me like I was Silly. J
Offline kp  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 1:10:31 PM(UTC)
kp

Lamb respiration is threatening the environment? Gasp! (Oops, I shouldn't do that---emits CO2.) I understand that harp seals are out there burping. Maybe we should go out and club a few to keep 'em from doing that. And spotted owls, while we're at it: every little bit helps. And whales! Burping out of their blowholes. Where's Captain Ahab when you need him to save the planet? Quick! Everybody hold your breath!

kp
Offline shalom82  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 26, 2009 10:19:56 PM(UTC)
shalom82

I can just imagine the kiddies learning a new version of the old favorite in Obama Epiphanes' govt. schools.

Mary had a little lamb
little lamb
little lamb
Mary had a little lamb
It farted all the day

The farts hurt the environment
environment
environment
The farts hurt the environment
farts killing mother earth

She bought that lamb some offsets
some offsets
some offsets
She bought that lamb some offsets
Her conscience was made clean
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline bitnet  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 12:23:36 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Jake, you crack me up! What will you do with all your sheep now? Will you be buying offsets? And JamesH, Snowball is sure going to be some dinner... will you be inviting us to help you with environment control by way of disposing the perpetrator next Pesach? What a riot this is turning out to be! Last I looked, we passed the date by a month and 27 days since 1 April.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Juski  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:14:56 AM(UTC)
Juski

I think this is the most surreal thread I've read in a long time - thanks for the giggles. :D

PS Robski burps a lot so what should I do with him?!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, May 27, 2009 10:16:27 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I fart more though...