logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline bitnet  
#51 Posted : Monday, June 15, 2009 10:55:49 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Erm, there were signs posted above His head, right? Pilate put them there for everyone to read, and it is suggested that it was written in three languages.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline bitnet  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, June 16, 2009 3:14:09 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Not only that... but at an angle as well! When you think about it there must have been a commotion all around and people would have been shouting Yahushua's name, either in support of or cursing Him. So, the thief would have known Yahushua even if he could not read. But he sure did not say "Jesus,..."
Offline Matthew  
#53 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 1:47:34 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A question for everyone: When did you guys consider yourselves saved? Was it early in your Christian walk (most of us at the time only knowing God by the name of Jesus or The LORD) or only when discovering the Hebrew Names of Yahweh/Yahshua/Ruach Qodesh?
Offline TRUTH B-TOLD  
#54 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 5:44:26 PM(UTC)
TRUTH B-TOLD
Man

Shalom Matthew,

That's a good question, I for one am not sure if I'm saved, I was deceived into thinking I was saved while I was in church. I was a Mormon for 18 yrs. and was TAUGHT how to become saved by my works. Later on, I was drawn out of the church by Yahuweh, when he revealed to me through his word the truth about salvation and many other things that were against what I was taught. Today I tend not to say I'm saved, but rather I have a Hope in Yahushua that I maybe numbered among his children. I known that he has instilled a will and desire in my heart to study his word and obey it, so I do feel that he is drawling me to him, but am I saved? I dunno, I'm afraid that I could be deceiving myself into thinking I am. In Jer.17:9 "The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?" This verse humble me to the point that I only say that I have a HOPE to be saved, for our hearts can decieve us. I know that scriptures say that his spirit will witness to our spirit, but I will continue everyday to ask for his mercy and his forgiveness and that he will help me to do his will. I have notice a change in my life and a urgency to declare what I know of the word of Yahuweh to others, I can see the fruit of Yah in me and my HOPE grows stronger. Take care.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#55 Posted : Thursday, June 25, 2009 11:51:01 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Truth nailed it for me there - as a Christian I believed I was. But now (as I KEEP on going on about, wow you guys must be board) I see my "salvation" as a side effect of relationship. So I suppose I see myself saved by association.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline EI  
#56 Posted : Saturday, June 27, 2009 9:14:28 PM(UTC)
EI

You know, it has been approximately 5 years since YHWH answered my constant crying out to him to know his truth and only his truth. Sometimes I can't help to think about whether I annoyed him by constantly pestering him night after night to show me his truth, LOL. (Elohim knows that when my children keep asking me the same thing over and over I want to string them up sometimes, but I guess that is why I am a mere mortal and he is The King Above All Kings!) When he first started to reveal things to me it was quite the ‘shocker’ to say the least. Christmas, Easter, Halloween, Jesus, The Lord, The Cross, Dietary Laws, The Torah, The Additions, The Subtractions, The Feasts, on and on and on we could go. I of course, being the passionate, politically in correct person that I am, quickly made moves to dispense with all paganism within my life (if that is even at all possible in the world we live in, Praise YHWH for grace). I tell you what; Our Father knows how to pick em.
I was studying the word, looking at Hebrew, denouncing paganism, while all along losing one of the greatest of all commands, LOVE THY NEIGHBOR. I did no longer love anyone when I truly thought about it, except myself. There was no compassion, I might have even begun to think that I was so smart and all the pagan Christians was so dumb. Did I ever say this, no, but my deeds were not really for the edification of any one. Was I truly concerned about their souls or on some power trip as if I obtain absolute truth? I withdrew myself from my Christian brothers and our activities of preaching the word. I decided to pray and ask YHWH if this is what he wanted me to do.

My Father began to answer me approximately 6 months ago. When Yahshua or Yahushua (whichever is correct, or both are correct, or one is the short form of the other, or does it matter, well maybe it does matter if he spelled his name Yahshua and we write Yahushua because than we would not be talking about him right? ) walked amongst the Earth it seemed like he ‘enjoyed’ being with sinners and it seemed like he loved them a lot. It seems like Yahushua met these people were they were at. It seemed like he condemned the Pharisees a lot because the were requiring things and doing things that they KNEW were against the word of God (yes, I typed God). So what has been put on my heart to do now….. YES, I joined my fellow brothers in Yahushua (and yes they still call him Jesus Christ)! Yes, I attend a messianic worship center (yes, they still say The Lord and Jesus and Yeshua). I also attend a congregation called the Congregation of Yahweh (they use Yahweh and Yahshua, but they do not believe that Yahweh is Yahshua in the flesh, they believe that the Son is distinct of the Father). Now before everyone starts calling me a heretic, (which honestly It would be of little consequence if any human were to judge me because YHWH knows the hearts and minds of men and he is the only one with absolute truth no matter how much we as humans want to think we have it) NO, I have not went back to celebrating Christmas, Easter, and all the other pagan things and I do feel that the Torah is relevant today and we should keep the Law, that Yahushua was crucified on a stake but when I go out and preach the word in the subways of Manhattan I use Jesus. And I tell you this, the word is still living and working and sharper than a two edged sword! And if and when YHWH brings someone to me and gives me the opportunity I speak upon things that have been given to me from my Father. Let I not forget were I was at, and at one time that I was a babe requiring milk. Do I put weight on someone that is not ready to handle it? Did not YHWH bestow on me more and more wisdom in his time, when I was ready for it? My brothers in Christ (uh oh, that may raise some eyebrows) hear me when I pray with them, and text them the word, and they see my convictions. YHWH has given me the opportunity to talk to them about my convictions and why I have them. When I am at the congregations, I great people using The Fathers Name (it seems to me that Yahuweh is just our best rendition of the proper pronunciation of the name which we have been convinced off) I greet people with Yahushua. MY Brothers in Christ have started using the name also; they have asked me questions about Easter and Halloween. They want to know why I don’t eat pork.

My point is I am over 2000 years removed. All I have to go on is translations. I seek my Fathers guidance continually. I don’t think that it is right for us to say that someone is not saved because they use the word Jesus. And comparing that to Muslims using Allah and saying that it is the God of Abraham; trying to paint a correlation between the two is, I am sorry to say, ridiculous! May I continue to seek wisdom from our heavenly Father, Not being Wise in my own Eyes (Mishle 3:7), lest I be puffed up with pride/arrogance as if I, in of myself, am somebody.

Lastly guys, I don’t blame William for coming on here and thinking that we are a cult. I have been a member here for 2 years now and even though I don’t post a lot I visit often and read. I read some of the comments and they are full of arrogance, can be degrading at times, and read void of love many times . And that is coming from someone who has read YY (most parts more than once, few several times), Future History (many parts more than once, few several times), Prophet of Doom,some of Swalchy’s translations, much of The Owners Manual and believe what you guys/ladies believe!!! Than what happens is I see KP respond with an email that try’s to show LOVE that the other emails are lacking. KP I want to tak this time and say that I respect you because you are probably the senior of us all, have been given much wisdom from our heavenly Father, and yet you seem to be continually humble and filled with LOVE IN YOUR RESPONSES!!! May our compassion be over flowing so that we too will receive compassion over flowing when we stand before the Judge of all judges
Offline lassie1865  
#57 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:20:18 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

EI,

Ditto!

Lassie1865
Offline Big Rich  
#58 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:02:10 AM(UTC)
Big Rich

EI, your words convict my heart. I figure now is as good a time as any to apologize to you all for being the complete embodiment of your second paragraph. If I didn't know better, I'd think you were spying on me :). I've treated this whole search for knowledge and God like a game, like if I knew the right things, I'd somehow "win". Although I've heard the words love and compassion in Yahweh's word, I couldn't understand them, I didn't have them, and thus I couldn't pass them on like I should have..

I doubt if anyone remembers me, since I was only on this forum for a few months back in 2008, but I still feel like I owe you all an apology. I can't even read anything I've written anymore, because the unjustified smugness I put out into the world suffocates me. The worst thing is, I really didn't have anything to be smug about. However; instead of accepting the fact that I was wrong and sadly uninformed, and taking constructive and loving criticism when offered (See posts 90-93 at http://forum.yadayahweh....3_Quotes-of-the-Day.aspx for an example) I ran away to salvage my ego. Sadly, I made the wrong choice, I should have stayed and faced it like a man, which would have no doubt led to my growth as a person, but my insecurities wouldn't allow me to be wrong, even when it was obvious that I was. If you all will give me the chance I will (belatedly) take that step of exercising due contrition and asking for your aid in becoming a better person now. Better late than never?

I know that your post couldn't possibly be all about me, seeing as I really haven't done much on this forum (and definitely nothing of value :)) but for whatever role I had or could have potentially had in making you feel this way, I am deeply and genuinely sorry. My insecurity turned what should have been a real joy at finding out long-hidden truths into a source of insolent pride that merely served in practice as a way for me to turn up my nose at my neighbor. If anyone knows of any way to truly change the way I think so as to put my arrogance and its products behind me, I welcome your advice.

My apologies for derailing this thread.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#59 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 8:34:03 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

What a bunch of Heretics!

Oh come on, someone had to say it!

IE, you always bring honesty and wisdom to the forums and I thank you for it :) In my own life I went through 5 years of depression where the only thing I felt was anger - thankfully that left me a good few years ago now, but since coming to understand this message my main gripe has been how do I tell. The past few weeks I have really been loosing sleep over it, but I think I have found one small outlet. If there is one thought that is in my head a lot its "there are so many people, and so little time - Please Yah help me do something!".

*sigh*

Big Rich - I notice my rather large mouth(keyboard) was directly after your post in that thread. I have to apologise, and say I'm am pretty much 100% sure it wasn't even directed at you - maybe I should have quoted something first, because it does seem like it is and I apologise.
Offline Big Rich  
#60 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 9:22:26 AM(UTC)
Big Rich

Robski, there is no need to apologize at all. The fact that I saw myself in your comment convicts me and spurred me into self reflection just as much as if it had been aimed at me. You taught me a valuable lesson there and I am thankful for it, even if I was unable to adequately express this at the time. The fact is, your comment described me perfectly, I was accustomed to pick a couple random scriptural verses out of context (using biblegateway.com to ease the plucking) to try and make my points without sparing the time or effort it would take to really examine what the wholeness of what scripture said on the subject.

While that's definitely better than the way I had been back in high school and early college, where I just spouted stuff from my head without thinking, I was foolish to fail to understand that I still had a ways to go to reach full understanding, or even a workable understanding. I was in a hurry to be useful and to have others see me as insightful, and I was looking for a shortcut where there is no shortcut. Being exposed to the depth of thinking, knowledge, and expertise on this board came as quite a shocker to me and instead of being able to accept where I stood in the grand scheme of things, I held onto my ego for dear life.

Believe it or not, I always seemed to know more about scripture than most of the people in my life, so I began to think of myself as an expert, even if in hindsight that seems to be completely foolish and unfounded. Little did I know how big the world is and how much more there was to learn. Finally destroying the construct of my ego that saw myself in such exalted (and did I mention unfounded :)) terms was the greatest gift I could have received at the time. Thank you very much.

I am sorry to hear about your having dealt with depression. I know all too well how that operates. How did you finally pull yourself out of it?
Offline Robert9876  
#61 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:12:34 PM(UTC)
Robert9876

I am very happy for you Big Rich, it sounds like this is a very good time for you.

And I think that is one of the biggest reasons for this forum, that we may correct each other, in love, and in turn be corrected, each growing deeper in knowledge and wisdom and also, more importantly, closer to Yahweh.

That being said, on to the topic at hand...

I would say that with a resounding YES, you can be saved by calling on the name of Jesus, it's only a matter of if you are, and that is neither for me or you (you meaning everyone in general) to know or decide, so I think the important thing to know and take away from this is...

Know the truth. Find the truth. Once you know the truth, KEEP searching for more of it. Share the truth in love to others, again, that we ALL might grow, that we all might be a witness to Yahushua and to Yahweh, regardless of whether or not we are at the point where we know their names, or if that time is a day or a decade away. Most importantly, I think knowing Yahweh and being known by Him is of the UTMOST importance, even if you only know Him as Dad...

Yahweh said if you search you will find. And from what I know of the character of Yahweh, if you are still earnestly searching and thirsting after the righteousness of Yahweh with everything you are when you die, I don't think He would give you any door but number one. It's important we remember our righteousness is as filthy rags, and that salvation is a free gift of Yahweh. We must be like children to enter into the kingdom of Heaven, and we ALL know how bad kids can screw up, even when they have the best interests in their heart.

I hope my ramblings made sense! Blessings Brothers and Sisters, may we ALL not need to worry about this issue!
As of 7-22-2009, 10:19 PM US Central Time

Earliest (possibly)
Time until Friday, September 1, 2023 (Jerusalem time)
5152 days
123665 hours
7419943 minutes

Latest (possibly)
Time until Saturday, October 31, 2026 (Jerusalem time)
6308 days
151410 hours
9084644 minutes
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#62 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:47:06 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Big Rich wrote:
I am sorry to hear about your having dealt with depression. I know all too well how that operates. How did you finally pull yourself out of it?

Basically woke up one morning and it was gone lol Just in time for me to receive this message :)

And back on thread again - its this who "Saved" thing I just don't believe in. I see it as a lie given by the church to make becoming a member really easy. Saved isn't a point in time, where you call on the name of Bob, frank, Jebus or Billy-Joe and you are suddenly transported to a status of "saved" (whether you can loose it or not), I just cant see how it works like that at all.

On that note - can I call on the name of Frank and gain this salvation? If I really believed Frank was God... maybe I want Frank to be my gods name, sounds friendly enough... whats the issue there?

I still don't buy it...

I think you can start your path to salvation via Jesus, because I know I did. As a Christian I believe I was "saved" but from this vantage point, I believe I am being saved.

Offline kp  
#63 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 2:24:16 PM(UTC)
kp

I think maybe the whole "saved" thing is another of those symantic tar babies that plague us. It may be true, but it's entirely the wrong image, as far as Yahweh's concerned. I'd characterize it in terms of parent-child relationships. When does the life of your child start? At the moment of conception (the opinion of some politicians and activists notwithstanding). For the first nine months, the child is beyond helpless---resting there in the womb, growing, developing, taking whatever nourishment it needs from mom. It's not its parents' child only after it's born, but also before. Birth is merely a rite of passage, one of many the child will encounter on its journey through life.

In the same way, our Spiritual life begins not when we "make a profession of faith" or walk down an aisle in a church building or get confirmed, or anything like that. It begins when we allow God's love to penetrate our life. Even if we're "beyond helpless" for a time after this event, even if we don't really know what happened, or precisely when, one minute we're spiritually inert, and the next we're alive, with God's presence turning us into a new creation. Like a child in the womb, we aren't expected to know anything at first, and even after we're born, the mechanics of physical life as a human being (eating, sleeping, crawling, walking, talking) must be mastered before sophisticated thought is expected of us. But---and this is important---there comes a time in a child's life when he or she is supposed to grow up, start using the right names for things, start making decisions about what to do, where to go and how to get there. And finally, we're supposed to start the cycle of life all over again.

How sad it is, then, when we meet a grown man or woman who refuses to drop the spiritual baby talk and the bottle and the diapers and the tantrums. It just ain't natural.

kp
Offline bitnet  
#64 Posted : Sunday, June 28, 2009 5:47:08 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

This is where some of the rubber meets the road. Can you know your Father and not know His Set-Apart and Respected Name? Like KP says, we are in the gestation phase right now. As we grow we must not lose sight of whom we should be, not just what we are. Along that growth path, we are to first know Him, and that also means His name. That is why we are drawn to this web site and forum -- Yada Yahweh. Despite the misgivings we may have for those who do not acknowledge Him, and His Annointed One by their respected and Set-Apart Names, we must also be cognizant that our personal salvation is more important to each of us. Whatever befalls those who approach Him on their terms we must leave it up to Yahweh and His mercy. We shall not judge them for their current beliefs but if they deny His Name after hearing of it and keep clinging to their doctrines and teachings, then they shall likely fall into the same category as the remnant of Yisra'el today, whose fate shall be left at His mercy.

But in no way can we go about saying that His name is not so important for salvation and that "Jesus" will also do. There is no other way of reading "You do not bring the name of Yahweh your Elohim to naught, for Yahweh does not leave the one unpunished who brings His name to naught." (Shemoth 20:7) Much as we care for those whom we love who remain in Christian churches, it is not up to us to opine or decide whether they are saved or not. Yahweh's love and mercy knows no bounds and whomever He graces with His presence and love we will respect. If at the end of time He says that the others are also accepted into His Kingdom, then it will be a joyful decision for all, but if He judges otherwise then we cannot, shall not, must not think that He is unfair but accept that we are wrong today for not emphasizing His name, character and plan to those whom we love. If our loved ones refuse His message, it is not our fault. We still love them. We have to move on and seek Truth and others seeking Truth. Remember, many are called but few are chosen. If we do not grow, we may be stillborn! So we must grow in Love and Truth. That is our mission today, to Love Yahweh and to seek out members of His Family and love each other.
Offline James  
#65 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 8:08:48 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Matthew wrote:
A question for everyone: When did you guys consider yourselves saved? Was it early in your Christian walk (most of us at the time only knowing God by the name of Jesus or The LORD) or only when discovering the Hebrew Names of Yahweh/Yahshua/Ruach Qodesh?

I may come at this different than most considering my time as a "christian" was really only a matter of months. Sure I was raised christian, but it was minimal to say the least, Lutheran mother Catholic father .... it was a bit lax, I was told the basics (God created the world, sent Jesus to die for our sins he's coming back one day all that)I probably only went to church a handful of times, and as a child it was a bunch of sit stand kneel, kneel sit stand... you get the idea. From the time I was mature enough to actually start thinking about it, probably around 12-13, I was very much agnostic, and being a bit of a contraryian I would often take the atheist side in arguments. Then I heard a radio interview with Gerald Schroder, which got me very interested in his work, and I plowed through his books. It was through his explanation of the complete scientific accuracy of Genesis that I came to know that Genesis had to have been inspired by God, and by extension the rest of the bible must have been. This is when I began to call myself a Christian, and I tried going to different churches. This lasted for probably 6 months or so, and in that whole time all the Christians I knew where excited that I was going, and was finally "saved". Personally I felt nothing, I didn't feel any closer to God then, then I did as an agnostic, and more and more none of it made sense to me. It wasn't until I started reading Yada Yahweh, The Owners Manual, Fossilized Customs, The Two Babylons, Come Out of Her My people, among others, and started studying the Scriptures myself, not relying on translations, but studying the words that where there did I come to KNOW Yahweh, and have a relationship with him.

So to answer your question Matthew, No I didn't feel I was saved at any point when I started me Christian walk, I wanted to, but I didn't. Now my Wife would say that she did, and I don't doubt that one bit, so I DO NOT think that those who do not know there names, can not be saved, but those that learn there names, and reject them as if they where nothing, I worry about, I'm not saying that they are not saved, but I worry about them for if they were truly seeking a relationship with God, and not just seeking after a religion, why would they reject the essential truth of God's name. It is those who put religion and tradition above truth that I worry about, not the merely ignorant. I think KP's analogy of children applies aptly to them.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline EI  
#66 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 9:05:17 AM(UTC)
EI

There exists research specific ‘guidelines’ or developmental milestones that are used to determine the progression of a child, from the moment they are born until adulthood. These guidelines are ‘set in stone’ and are used throughout the United States, Europe, Asia, Australia, the whole world! It is quite easy to determine whether your child is ‘typically’ developing. Most children meet or exceed these ‘checkpoints’ with no problem; however there is a number that do not meet these ‘evidence based benchmarks’. It could be a developmental delay in a number of issues/domains including: physical development (eating, sleeping, crawling, walking), cognitive, social/emotional, language. The children that display these delays are labeled DD, ADHD, Autistic, or may be diagnosed with pathologies such as CP, Down’s, SMD, MD and the list goes on and on. These children are atypical in regards to their development according to these ‘norms’. HOWEVER, when we are interacting with one of these children we guide them, admonish them, encourage them, you love them, we ultimately interact with them as if they are not atypical. This can be a challenge but as the ‘wisdom filled adult’ it is something we should exhibit relentlessly. It does not have a time period on it, its not conditional, its who we have become because (Pay attention this is important)there was someone else who did and does the exact same for us. At the very least, we do not ridicule them, laugh out loud at them, degrade their abilities, leave it up to them to progress, or feel sad for them. So, I would take the stance, what an opportunity it is when we meet a child with developmental delays; really it is no less typical or less natural than those who don’t have them.

My brothers and sisters in Yahushua, we are all atypical or not natural; due to the fall of man we have ultimately inherited an unnatural existence; that is just the way it is for now!

We grow in our relationship through prayer and through the word. We grow in our relationship by continually seeking his face. We grow in our relationship by being that light, that salt, and spreading the good news to the WORLD! We are chosen to light the darkness of the world and salt the seasonless. The healthy do not need a physician, a typically developing child does not need an Individual Education Plan (IEP). We give what is needed to those who are in need. Going to the sick does not hinder our growth, but should only confirm our conviction in truth and our desire to do his work. Giving an IEP to a child who needs it not only inspires and enlightens the child to new levels, but has a profound effect on our knowledge of the teachings within the IEP. The work is done regardless of the response of the individual to the knowledge, and if more work presents itself with the same child than it is done again!

WILLIAM……………………I don’t know if you are following this thread anymore. I want you to know that I do not judge you and I am comfortable to say that no one here is trying to judge your salvation. I say this William….

1. Our Creators Name is not ‘The lord’. This is an undeniable Fact! He gave us his name 7000 times in the Old Covenant Scripture. I think that he gave it to us (Isiah 42:8) because he wanted us to know and use it

2. Our Saviors Name , our Messiah, is not Jesus. Remember, he was born an Isrealite, He had jewish parents. We are spiritual Isrealites(Romans 11) John says in his writings, there is only ONE NAME under the heaven and earth that we are to be saved. DON’T YOU THINK IT WOULD BE IMPORTANT TO KNOW THE NAME THE JOHN WAS REFERRING TOO?

3. Christmas and Easter are NOT in the scripture. You can perform secular Historical research and see that these were derived in paganism. I ask that you actually attempt this for yourself. Scripture warns us over and over to not associate with paganism.

I will leave it at that for now. I look forward to your response.

YHWH Bless you
Offline JamesH  
#67 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 1:29:04 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
The Example of Salvation is John 3:14 go read what Yahweh told Moses to do about sin. J
Offline Matthew  
#68 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 1:40:06 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

According to Ephesians 1:3 Paul praised Yahshua as "Master," most English versions use the phrase "Lord Jesus Christ" and Swalchy puts it in full as "Sovereign Master Yahshua the Anointed Messiah." English versions translate the word kurios as "Lord" in most cases and also "master" in a few other cases, Yada says in the Anastasis chapter of YY the original placeholder of KY means "the one who owns us." Hmmm... Doesn't the word Baal mean "lord, owner, master?" Is Paul errantly referring to Baal? No, lol.

So, is there any real difference between saying "I serve the Master Yahshua" as apposed to "I serve my Owner, Yahshua" or, God-forbid I should say it, "I serve the Lord Yahshua"?

So if someone calls Yahshua their Master or their Lord (since technically Yahshua is our Lord, Master, Owner, King, well everything Satan desires to be) I really wouldn't see any reason why God would disqualify them from salvation for using the word "the Lord" in reference to Him.
Offline bitnet  
#69 Posted : Monday, June 29, 2009 10:25:53 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Very quickly... the instruction is to remember Yahweh and His Word, and when we yield to him then He is our Master. The issue is not the title of master but to whom we yield.
Offline Matthew  
#70 Posted : Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:46:29 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Excuse me for my ignorance but what exactly is the placeholder KY in place of? The later Greek manuscripts changed this placeholder for the word kurios which means something on the lines of "sovereign, master, and lord", and I don't believe it was a placeholder for the word baal. What was the orginal Hebrew word the Renewed Covenant guys were thinking of?
Offline Matthew  
#71 Posted : Wednesday, July 1, 2009 11:38:45 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I listened to yesterday's recording of Torah Tuesdays and both Yada and Ken delve into this question towards the last 10 minutes or so of the recording (actually at 49:44 Yada answers the question). Best you guys listen to it, I think they both covered the answer very well. In simple terms, it's all about growth and maturing, and when we come to the knowledge of the pagan influence on Christianity we should turn away from it and embrace what Yahweh shows us.

Click HERE to automatically download the mp3 file or visit http://www.blogtalkradio.com/yada and search for the Torah Tuesday file for date 30/6/2009.

EDIT:

Thanks Swalchy!

Offline Yah Tselem  
#72 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 5:01:06 AM(UTC)
Yah Tselem
Man
United States

Speaking of the law.. On a recent radio broadcast, either KP or Yada said something like 'the law wasn't intended as a means for us to earn our way to Yahweh, but rather as a means for Yahweh to bring us closer to Him, to conform us to be more like Him'. It's so simple, yet to me it was profound...
Offline lassie1865  
#73 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 12:02:01 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Dear Friends,

At what point does a word change meaning? Can a word morph from an attachment to something evil to an attachment to something good? i.e., the word "lord" in Webster's Dictionary is defined as Old English for "provider of bread"; the word "Baal" is listed as equivalent to "lord".

Blessings,
Lassie1865
Offline Matthew  
#74 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 1:41:42 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Christians say the Jesus means "Jehovah Saves," so technically they're on the right path in regards to definition. They'll say Christ means "Anointed One" where Yada will say the word Messiyah means "Anointed Implement of Yah," which does provide quite a lot more meaning to the title.

However, we should use the proper Names and titles of Yahweh and Yahshua because the words Jesus, Christ, Church, Lord (as least does have the same meaning as the word Baal), etc. quite obviously have a pagan influence even when Christianity says they have a similar meaning to the Hebrew Names and titles. The problem with using the word Lord, though pronounced differently than Baal, is that we can end up having a different perception of God as properly revealed in Scripture as apposed to the perception of Him as revealed through Constantine Christianity, the first is a loving father to child relationship filled with love, trust and respect, while the latter presents God as someone to grovel in fear in front of no matter your relationship status with Him. A very contrasting view if there ever was one! Yes Yahshua is our Lord, but we must perceive Him the way Yahweh wants us to see Him and not in the way Constantine's Christianity presents Him.

Now that we have received knowledge of the Truth, we should turn away from pagan influence and turn towards Yahweh, we must change our attitude, and our perceptions that we can see things the way Yahweh sees them.

What about people who come to know the Truth but still turn away from Yahweh and continue it Constantine's Christianity? Well, I'm not sure about their outcome, but for me I'm gonna continue seeking Yahweh and try remove pagan influences from my life because I know that's what Yahweh wants. And I will share the Truth with others, and hopefully they'll come to know Yahweh.
Offline bitnet  
#75 Posted : Thursday, July 2, 2009 10:29:11 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Simple arithmetic -->mathematics --> additional mathematics --> pure mathematics... you grow and you learn. Same with this relationship with our Creator. As we grow we learn more of Him, and as we learn more of Him we grow. We can't grow if we stop learning who He is and accepting Him for whom He reveals Himself to be! However you perceive Him to be, Yahweh is Yahweh, and whether He is lord and master or father and sustainer depends on what you want in this relationship. Whip cracker or nurturer? A little of both? Perhaps He is. That's why He says He is "I Am." If you feel that you should fall prostrate once in a while, do so. Kneel? Sure. Stand? Of course. Sit? Even better! Which would you feel most comfortable doing? Which do you think He wants you to do? How do you get from prostrating to sitting? A world of difference! And it begins in the mind, and manifests in your actions, and your words are an action of your mind. That's why we have to confess it first, and when you do you open your mind to the Set-Apart Spirit who will reveal more of Yahweh.

In several cultures, such as the Chinese, children are taught to bow to their parents from a young age, especially during some ceremonies like during the Chinese New Year. In Japan, people bow to each other. Does this mean that they acknowledge the other as their lord and master or pray to them? Of course not! Well, not in most cases. It usually only means that you respect the person in front of you, whether past or present. That's perhaps why people also bow at monuments for fallen soldiers or leaders, or at grave sites. Are they praying to those dead people? Not for most, although in some cultures they actually do pray for the dead. Most of the time it's just to acknowledge the love and sacrifice of the deceased in the past.

But I digress. The point is, when we learn Truth we should stick to it and not turn back to things that are unprofitable, or even encourage those things that are unprofitable. It's one thing to let Christians pray they way they have always done, but another to encourage them to continue in error. If you can't/won't correct or criticize, do not condone! Not condoning does not mean acceptance, and condemnation does not always mean correction. Soon, the lines will drawn even deeper in the sand such that you have no choice but to express one belief or the other. What better way than to start now?

Edited by user Friday, July 3, 2009 12:31:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline James  
#76 Posted : Monday, July 6, 2009 7:25:21 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Matthew wrote:
What about people who come to know the Truth but still turn away from Yahweh and continue it Constantine's Christianity? Well, I'm not sure about their outcome, but for me I'm gonna continue seeking Yahweh and try remove pagan influences from my life because I know that's what Yahweh wants. And I will share the Truth with others, and hopefully they'll come to know Yahweh.

Well stated Matthew
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Heretic Steve  
#77 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 12:46:32 PM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

When saved? Hmmm, lets see. One day I was walking to a fav fishing hole when this extraordinarily bright light floored me and I went blind for a spell, (hahaha, just kiddin', just kiddin'). Can't put a time and date on the actual transition. But I am aware of a near obsession with scrip/YY. That combined with a desire to tell others about Yahshua ben Yahweh and a undying animos towards the world, (read Babylonian), system and it's promoters. I've also noticed that communing with Yah is ever more important with each passing day. Although I must confess something. I frequently fantasize on how cool it would be if I could actually hear his voice with my ears. Like Abraham, Moses, Samuel, the apostles. The thought of being able to carry on a conversation with Him just as I would another person using my mouth and ears, well that would be to cool. Not being able to do so is somewhat frustrating...
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline sirgodfrey  
#78 Posted : Tuesday, July 7, 2009 3:38:01 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Quote:
The thought of being able to carry on a conversation with Him just as I would another person using my mouth and ears, well that would be to cool. Not being able to do so is somewhat frustrating...

You are not alone Steve. It is indeed frustrating wanting to actually speak with Him and hear Him. I look forward to the day when I get to stare Him down face to face though -- that will be my BIG chance!!
Offline JamesH  
#79 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 6:22:39 AM(UTC)
JamesH

Can someone be saved in the name of Jesus? I'm still struggling with that question. Every scripture I read says in the name of Yahweh and no other name. Salvation or conception (the beginnings or origin of something) happens when we know who Yahweh is and Trust and rely on Yahweh's grace ( his sacrifice). It appears to me we would be no different than Maimonides if we say something other than what Yahweh's word says.

Just a thought J
Offline Matthew  
#80 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 10:17:32 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I listened to the BlogtalkRadio/Yada radio broadcast for the day 20/7/2009 under the heading God's Word and at 13:30 into the broadcast Yada addresses the question "how wrong can a person be and still be right" and "can someone be saved while not knowing Yahweh's and Yahshua's name." I really recommend listening to the whole 1 hour long broadcast as he spends this episode pretty much entirely dedicated to answering these questions.

Click HERE to directly listen to, or the following link: http://www.blogtalkradio...20/Yada-Yahweh-Gods-Word

Or click HERE to download the mp3 file (13.9MB size), or the following link: http://www.blogtalkradio....mp3?localembed=download
Offline JamesH  
#81 Posted : Thursday, July 30, 2009 12:44:57 PM(UTC)
JamesH

Thank you Matthew for posting that link I'm a couple of weeks behind on listing to the programs. I thank Yah for Yada that program was Great