logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2007 4:28:44 AM(UTC)
Yada

I am trying to understand these passages: Revelation 12:1 & 17. Who does this woman represent? Catholics will tell you it's Mary.

Revelation 12:1 (from The Scriptures):

Quote:
1 And a great sign was seen in the heaven: a woman clad with the sun, with the moon under her feet, and on her head a crown of twelve stars.

Revelation 12:17 (again taken from The Scriptures):

Quote:
17 And the dragon was enraged with the woman, and he went to fight with the remnant of her seed, those guarding the commands of Elohim and possessing the witness of יהושע Messiah.

Can anyone shed some light on this? I have been unable to find specific references to the passages in YY - maybe someone can point me in the right direction.

Thanks.

-Yada
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2007 6:18:37 AM(UTC)
kp

I covered that passage in detail in Future History, chapter 18: "No More Mr. Nice Guy."
http://www.futuretruth.n...ore_Mr_Nice_Guy.Prophecy . The last section in the chapter.

You'd have to work really hard to apply the symbols to anything in Roman Catholicism. They just don't fit. The woman is Israel; the sun is Yahshua and the garment of light His sacrifice provides---imputed righteousness. The twelve stars are Israel's twelve tribes. The Child to whom the woman gave birth (and who was destined to rule the nations with a rod of iron) is Yahshua. (Yes, Mary gave birth to His physical body, but as Yada points out somewhere in YY, the Messiah's first-century advent was actually the sixth of His seven scheduled human appearances---Mary was in no sense "the mother of God.")

The fiery red dragon, of course, is Satan (see v9), and the stars he drew with his tail are apparently the angelic hosts of heaven, now demons, who bought into his lie. The woman cannot be Mary, for Satan never persecuted her (or the RCC) or drove her into the wilderness. That has happened several times to Israel however, though the definitive occurrence will take place during the second half of the Tribulation (the time of Jacob's trouble), after the Abomination of Desolation. Yahshua told Israel precisely what to do when they see the A of D---see Matthew 24:15-16.

Oh, and if "the woman" was Mary, how is it that v17 flatly states that the dragon went to make war with the "rest of her offspring"? Catholics insist that Mary remained a virgin after "Jesus" was born. The RCC can't have it both ways. No, these offspring are the neo-ekklesia, those gentiles who have come to faith in the "Jewish Messiah" after the rapture---the Church of Repentant Laodicea, if you will.

kp
Offline Jeannie  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2007 10:16:50 AM(UTC)
Jeannie
Woman

kp, what are your thoughts on Israel right now?
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 31, 2007 5:58:07 PM(UTC)
kp

Right now, Israel is a bit of a surprise to me. I mean, her leadership is sooooooo bad, how can she expect to remain a sovereign state until 2026? Without being a prophet myself, it seems practically inevitable to me that the "covenant with many" of Daniel 9 whose "confirmation" begins the Tribulation will actually be UN Resolution 242---it's a perfect fit. (see FH, ch12: Peace and Safety.) Meanwhile, Israel's leaders have already kissed bye-bye to the Gaza Strip, and are trying to figure out how to give away the Golan and the West Bank as well. One thing is clear: her present course will weaken Israel to the point that her very survival (short of God's intervention, of course) will require a U.N. military presence---which is kind of like inviting a retarded wolverine to guard the henhouse.

On the other hand, I suppose that if Israel had good leadership these days, she would never allow herself to be backed into the corner that would (I mean, that will) force her to sign the "covenant with many," placing her fate (she thinks) in the hands of the Antichrist's New World Order---and in the process dangling her helpless carcass like a tasty bit of bait that's guaranteed to incite the ravenous Muslim wolf to attack her. The prophecies are clear: Israel must and will become helpless---"the power of the holy people must be completely shattered" (Dan 12:7)---before Yahweh will come to her aid. Israel must have no illusions about Who has saved her this time: not her own prowess, not the UN, not the Antichrist, and certainly not America. They will at last know that Yahweh alone has delivered them, for there will be no other possible explanation.

Things therefore must get much worse for Israel before they get better.

kp
Offline Joseph  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, August 7, 2007 7:46:06 PM(UTC)
Joseph
Man

Ken...

I have been wondering a lot about how this planet is going to keep it together enough to make it to 2026. My focus hasn't been Israel, though, it has been Iran. If the Mullacracy dosen't have the bomb yet, they will any day now and they'll be chomping at the bit to invite the mahdi to return. If the shiite is not going to hit the fan, so to speak, for a couple more decades, it seems to me that some major set back is in store for Iran. You and Yada might disagree, but to me, a U.S. led military action seems most likely. Any thoughts?
Offline kp  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2007 6:08:09 AM(UTC)
kp

Great descriptive phrase: Mullacracy. I'll have to remember that. Yahweh has His hand on the throttle, from our point of view. But perhaps not too much tweaking and "restraining" (II Thes 2:6) will be needed to see things happen on His revealed schedule. Remember, to Yahweh, these things are present reality, not future conjecture. He sees them happening---now. He doesn't really have to tweak anything.

That being said, let's look at the Iranian nuclear scenario. Let's say Amawhatsisname is able to cobble together a nuclear program and start manufacturing weapons that go boom. What's he going to do with them? It's a numbers game, and he knows it. The U.S. has maybe 12,000 nukes stockpiled, Russia perhaps twice that number. He'll be able to build what, maybe half a dozen per year? He can't conduct a full scale nuclear war, 'cause he couldn't cover the territory, and he doesn't have a reliable delivery system. And even somebody as morally ambivalent as the U.S. would respond to nukes in kind: so good night Iran. He would like to nuke Israel, but he won't. Forget the hypothetical reasoning: God's word tells us that something entirely different is going to happen there---Israel will never get nuked. (America, however, has no such assurances. At some point, we're in for it.)

So what can Iran do with nukes? Blackmail us, that's what. We're so stupid, we'll never call their bluff, and our moral weakness will inevitably prove to be the Road Map to World War III. We will continue to pressure Israel to give away God's Land to the devil, and every time they bow to our misguided will, Yahweh will spank us again with another 9/11 or Katrina. (Do you realize that Katrina hit America within 48 hours of Israel's surrender of the Gaza Strip to God's enemies, something our own government insisted upon? This is a pattern that has recurred a hundred times over the past fifteen or twenty years.) So will America invade Iran? Probably not, but it doesn't matter. Whether we do or don't, our unwillingness to unflinchingly support Israel will spell disaster for the United States. If we go in, we'll have another Vietnam with sand. If we don't, our continued national refusal to honor Yahweh will be our undoing. Either way, nineteen years from now the world will succumb to the Antichrist's false peace---the last step toward total war.

kp
Offline rs  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2007 2:54:19 PM(UTC)
rs

I think the likely scenario is the West Bank [Judea and Samaria] is somehow given back as part of some deal. Once we vacate Iraq, and the Shiites take over, then they can mass troops on the Jordanian border, with Syrians to the North with the already emboldened Hezbollah and Hamas now controlling Gaza, Israel is strategically in trouble in a conventional war.

Israel's leadership is so weak now after giving back land and 'losing' the war with an emboldened Hezbollah that you wonder about their vaunted military prowess. It's astonishing that the Prime Minister has remained in office. The country may be losing its moxy.

What we also can see is their former allies rejecting them. Right now, England has been severing cultural ties with Israel which may lead up to more pressure from the British government for Israel to "deal" with Arab demands. We can easily see a time when our government would look twice at supporting Israel in a conventional war. The reality is the wars that have been fought (Six -Day War) have been so fast that we would not be able to get up to speed to provide any support.
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, August 8, 2007 6:34:37 PM(UTC)
kp

All valid observations, rs. From the eschatological point of view, we need to remember that a baseline requirement for Israel's divine wake up call is that they eventually be left absolutely helpless in the world, friendless and defenseless (excuse Yahweh). Daniel describes their status: "When the power of the holy people shall be completely shattered..." That is in the process of happening right before our very eyes, folks. It sickens me to realize what a poor "ally" America is to Israel. I used to be a citizen here. Now I'm just a pilgrim.

kp