logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Theophilus  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 19, 2009 9:09:01 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

This subject may have been brought up on the forum somewhere before, but since I couldn't locate it, I hope you'll indulge me to ask my question here.

It seems to me when I explain what I've learned at this site, one line of objection traditional Christians use to reject observing the Miqra'ey, the seventh day Sabbath, holding the Torah prescriptions as beneficial instructions made to bring us closer to Yahweh is dismiss this teaching under Paul's warning against the "Judaizers". My question is who were / are the Judaizers and what defines them?

It seems to me today Judaizers are people who advocate the authority of the Rabbis, the Talmud, Mishnah Torah, the authority of Oral Law, and minimize Messiyah Yahshua if not dismiss Him outright in their quest to be accepted by the Rabbinical Judaism. I'm guessing in Paul's day it was to accept the authority of the non-Messianic Jewish religious leadership to include their customs and traditions. Is this correct or was there more to this?

It seems Paul's mission to the Gentiles opened many questions about what must Gentile believer due to be in-grafted into Yahweh's family.