logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline visitor  
#1 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2007 4:45:24 AM(UTC)
visitor

I was reading in Good News, Chapter 6, Anastasis: Resurrection, about the concept in Scripture of the: third day. There is a reference to Leviticus 24 - to quote:

Quote:
For the complete picture, we have to turn the page and open Leviticus. In the twenty-fourth chapter you will find the whole story completely laid out, including why these men were alerted to the fact that "the third day since these things happed" was especially telling.

I went online and tried using Bible Gateway but could not find any reference to this - has anyone else found the reference in Chapter 24?

The complete chapter in YY can be found here: http://yadayahweh.com/Ya...Good_News_Anastasis.YHWH

Thanks.

-Yahudim

Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 7, 2007 6:11:49 PM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

This post caused me to re-read the Anastasis-Resurrection chapter again and I'm still not certain. The reference to the miqra being detailed makes me wonder if Leviticus 23 rather than 24 were intended? Leviticus 23 does indeed detail the appointed times as it relates the first three that Yahushua fullfilled in His death on Passover, resting in the earth on the sabbath during Unleavened Bread, and resurrecting on the third day, Bikurim, the day of the waving/ presenting of the grain offering of the first fruits.

Quote:

Leviticus 23:1 And Yahweh spoke to Mosheh, saying, 2“Speak to the children of Yisra’el, and say to them, ‘The appointed times of Yahweh, which you are to proclaim as set-apart gatherings, My appointed times, are these: 3‘Six days work is done, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, a set-apart gathering. You do no work, it is a Sabbath to Yahweh in all your dwellings. 4‘These are the appointed times of Yahweh, set-apart gatherings which you are to proclaim at their appointed times. 5‘In the first month, on the fourteenth day of the month, between the evenings, is the Passover to Yahweh. 6‘And on the fifteenth day of this month is the Festival of Unleavened Bread to Yahweh – seven days you eat unleavened bread. 7‘On the first day you have a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work. 8‘And you shall bring an offering made by fire to Yahweh for seven days. On the seventh day is a set-apart gathering, you do no servile work.’ ” 9And Yahweh spoke to Mosheh, saying, 10“Speak to the children of Yisra’el, and you shall say to them, ‘When you come into the land which I give you, and shall reap its harvest, then you shall bring a sheaf of the first-fruits of your harvest to the priest. 11‘And he shall wave the sheaf before Yahweh, for your acceptance. On the morrow after the Sabbath the priest waves it. 12‘And on that day when you wave the sheaf, you shall prepare a male lamb a year old, a perfect one, as a burnt offering to Yahweh, 13and its grain offering: two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour mixed with oil, an offering made by fire to Yahweh, a sweet fragrance, and its drink offering: one-fourth of a hin of wine. 14‘And you do not eat bread or roasted grain or fresh grain until the same day that you have brought an offering to your Elohim – a law forever throughout your generations in all your dwellings.

Note: translations ISR Scriptures

As for chapter 24 the passage that seemed to me most relevant is:

Quote:
Leviticus 24:13And Yahweh spoke to Mosheh, saying, 14“Bring the one who has cursed outside the camp, and all those who heard him shall lay their hands on his head, and all the congregation shall stone him. 15“And speak to the children of Yisra’el, saying, ‘Anyone who curses his Elohim shall bear his sin. 16‘And he who blasphemes the Name of Yahweh shall certainly be put to death, and all the congregation certainly stone him, the stranger as well as the native. When he blasphemes the Name, he is put to death.

This being the probable justification for seeking Yahushua's execution. The reference to "the whole congration" indicates to me that this is not for individul enforcement rather by the leadership of theocratic national Yisra'el. Judea in Yahushua's day while retaining the sanhedran (sp?) had lost national independence thus having to render under Caesar in addition to taxes the authority to execute condemned prisioners, thus Roman crucifixion rather then the prescribed stoning.