logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline In His Name  
#1 Posted : Monday, February 2, 2009 7:42:10 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Quote:
Not kidding: Worst hemorrhoids ever in the Bible!
You've been itching to find out, now see it for yourself ...
Posted: January 30, 2009
8:52 pm Eastern

© 2009 WorldNetDaily

The Ark of the Covenant is associated with one of the strangest stories in all of the Bible

When it comes to the Bible's contents, there are more than 31,000 verses and an estimated 700,000 words. That's a lot.

Some are majestic and inspiring, filling people with peace and joy.

Others are serious and ominous, warning of danger.

And then there are those that can make you burst out in laughter, as you might not expect them to be found on the pages of the Good Book.

One of those words is "hemorrhoids." Yes, hemorrhoids.

Long before Preparation-H was ever invented, the Bible talks quite a bit about hemorrhoids in one of the funniest, most bizarre and underreported events in all of Scripture.

The story surrounds the Ark of the Covenant, the box that carried the Ten Commandments inside. If you're a movie fan, you might remember Harrison Ford portraying "Indiana Jones" as he hunted this real-life box in the 1981 blockbuster film, "Raiders of the Lost Ark."

Though the fictional movie never mentioned this part of the story, the Bible indicates the Ark at one point fell into the hands of the Philistines, the enemies of the ancient Israelites.

"God was not thrilled his holy box with the Ten Commandments was in the hands of a bunch of pagan worshippers," says Joe Kovacs, author of "Shocked by the Bible: The Most Astonishing Facts You've Never Been Told," "so he decided to put some heat on the Philistines, literally.

"As strange as it sounds, God whacked the Philistines with a seven-month-long, flaring pack of hemorrhoids. In fact, these folks were in so much agony, Scripture goes out of its way to declare 'the cry of the city went up to heaven.' (1 Samuel 5:12) Yes, hemorrhoids were heard in heaven."

Strong's: tchor: from an unused root meaning to burn; a boil or ulcer (from the inflammation), especially a tumor in the anus or pudenda (the piles):- emerod
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14