logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sirgodfrey  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2009 7:29:06 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Was wondering about this recently. Are rappers, singers and the like considered to be false teachers? I am unsure because while some people's music seemingly is neutral - it doesn't point to the King - it is not necessarily leading them astray per se. However, there are those that have lyrics in their songs that are more misleading than others with glorification of mammon, women or what have you. Now I'm def not saying that all are, but just wondering if a portion of them would be considered such because of the aforementioned (misleading lyrics). This topic is very interesting to me and I would love to hear thoughts and such of any one here that has any. Thank you so much.

YHWH Tsidkenu
Offline sirgodfrey  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2009 4:14:41 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Quote:
Well, they're not necessarily promoting what they promote as things from God, but more promote the humanism aspects of humanity.

ok, ok. i understand. any more takers? thank you Swalchy for your response :)
Offline In His Name  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 18, 2009 6:28:52 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Certainly not all. Probably some. Maybe many.

Look at the lifestyle that many represent and promote (and I am talking about all celebreties, not just rappers). What is the difference in the RESPONSIBILITY of a pastor teaching and leading his congregation and the RESPONSIBILTY of Brittney Spears to wear underwear. I know that is stretching the comparison, but really how many fans does Brittney influence with her outrageous behaviour vs the pastor with his. He is held accountable (to a higher standard) than his congregation. Yada and KP are at much higher risk than those of us that read their work, because they have the responsibility to not mislead us. These celebreties should be held to the same standard. Woe to him, who causes one of these little ones to stumble.

There was nothing wrong with the rap that you shared on the forum. It was awesome. It was seven hundred times better than tuning into the christian rock station and listening to every song say "how awesome is your name", "glory to your name", your name your name your name.... They don't even know what His Name IS.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline sirgodfrey  
#4 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 4:23:11 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

thank you for your response In His Name. i was thinking along the same lines considering the number of people that celebrities, rappers, singers etc influence. it is not leading to YHWH, but sometimes it is neutral. other times, the message is very misleading and def will lead one in the direction of glorifying everything else but the Creator Himself, so is that still neutral
per se? at what point is it like -- ok, this person is saying some off-the-wall stuff and leading people to death or maybe even ranks with hallel/lucifer?

ps i wasnt saying there was anything wrong with the rap that i shared on the forum. i hope there is nothing wrong with it LOL i know that i dont have all the answers, but one thing is sure... sharing the name, life, death, and life (resurrection) of Yahweh. and thank you for the compliment, that means a lot to me. the "your name" songs in the christian sphere are just crazy. it drives me up the walls.