logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sirgodfrey  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 10:14:05 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

This question is concerning marriage. I used to think that once a person was married, that was it. Period. If you divorced, then according to Yahweh, remarriage was out of the question for the rest of your days as a living entity. Now, I have a friend who is getting a divorce, but he is planning to remarry. He used to think the same thing as me, but his view has changed in light of some scripture that he believes he has greater understanding of. The scripture I am referring to is the one in 1 Corinthians 7 (I believe) when it is speaking of an unbeliever leaving... and allowing them to leave, for we have been called to peace. Now, does scripture support the act of re-marrying? I am not sure concerning this particular subject and would like some greater clarity if anyone has that to offer. I am quite sure that someone does have some greater understanding that they can offer to me though.

Thank you in advance for your reponses and much love to all of you in the name of Yahweh, our awesome Creator, Friend, and Admirer.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 14, 2009 4:11:42 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

thanks a lot dude.
Offline theHessian  
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:20:41 PM(UTC)
theHessian

the reality of how far we are from being "One Nation Under God" really hits me with this verse. I know many christians who've married and get divorced; the biggest family in our church is one of these. it seems that the adversary uses the broken family structure to obfuscate the nature of the Father, but he redeems it by adopting us into his family. oy vey its confusing.

that "except for in cases of adultery" clause is like a punch in the gut. I know that I'm redeemed, but the fact that I do things against my husband redeemer that would legally allow him to have us divorced, well... I 'm not gonna lie, sometimes its so depressing, it's hard to get out of bed in the morning.
Offline In His Name  
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 22, 2009 5:52:25 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
theHessian wrote:
the reality of how far we are from being "One Nation Under God" really hits me with this verse. I know many christians who've married and get divorced; the biggest family in our church is one of these. it seems that the adversary uses the broken family structure to obfuscate the nature of the Father, but he redeems it by adopting us into his family. oy vey its confusing.

that "except for in cases of adultery" clause is like a punch in the gut. I know that I'm redeemed, but the fact that I do things against my husband redeemer that would legally allow him to have us divorced, well... I 'm not gonna lie, sometimes its so depressing, it's hard to get out of bed in the morning.

Hessian, I understand your insecurity about the security of redemption. I struggle with this as well. But it is my understanding that for us to commit adultery against Yahweh/Yahshua we would have to turn to another god.

I don't think committing a sin would be "grounds for divorce". We would have to commit an adulterous act against Yah directly.

But like I said, I struggle with this concept as well, so I too would appreciate hearing other voices weigh in on this.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline sirgodfrey  
#5 Posted : Friday, January 23, 2009 6:05:18 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

totally can identify with the both of you also. thank you for bringing some clarity on the topic In His Name. turning to another god would be the utmost "adultery." it is just sometimes hard to understand though, that considering how incredibly sinful we are at our core, Yahweh loves us and we are redeemed. that we dont have to work for our salvation and intimate relationship with Him. it is just so amazing. it will bring any true believer to genuine and beautiful tears just thinking about it for a nano-second.