logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Devildog  
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 26, 2007 10:43:31 AM(UTC)
Devildog

I overheard a conversation where the question was raised....

" What if you were born in a secluded jungle tribe, where His sciptures are no where to be found? How can you accomplish choosing Him if His message isn't available to you? Even if you felt in your heart that what the tribe was doing is wrong, you would have no way of learning the truth. Does this define choice?"

What should be said to this person? "Yahuweh will make sure that the ability to choose Him or not will be made available to them'????

Thanks for any contribution you can bring forth.
Offline Theophilus  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 8:09:55 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Interesting DevilDog. I recently heard a similar question asked of a Christian apologist, Dr. William Lane Yada, who had a number of thoughts, however the one that I was intrigued by was about providential design. His topic was on evidence for a Creator. He spoke about the evidence that the universe had a definite beginning and required fine tuning of values found in nature called constants in order to sustain life as we know it. I don't know if this fits YY's pre- or un-Neshamah-ed humanoids, but Dr. Yada brought up an notion that prehaps the creation was so finely created that an unreached people group may not contian the a first person who would (beyond disagreeing with tribal policies) accept the good news, until the good news actually reached that person or people group.

Just some food for thought.
Offline Devildog  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 8:40:38 AM(UTC)
Devildog

Thanks for your thoughts, Theophilus. I'm not sure I understand them, however. It's probably because I don't fully grasp "the first man made in His image with a conscience", thing. How long ago did Adam live? How long have humans been around, 200K? On what day where they created? It's a little confusing knowing about the 3 stories at once in the Genesis account. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Friday, July 27, 2007 9:26:55 AM(UTC)
kp

A couple of random observations on the subject. (1) All humans have a neshama, the capacity for Spiritual indwelling, a "conscience," if you will. Anthropologists have noted the phenomenon of "religion" in the most isolated of peoples---evidence that man, left in a spiritual vacuum, will invariably attempt to fill the spiritual void he feels within. (As far as I can tell, Devildog, men who walked the earth before Adam---about 6,000 years ago---were not so equipped: they were mere animals (or at least, that's what their wives said :-) (2) Yahweh, being the epitome of fairness, will never hold someone to be responsible to reflect more light than has come his way. (3) It's our reaction to the evidence we receive for or about God---not the amount of evidence---for which Yahweh holds us accountable. The primitive tribeman who perceives his obligation to an ill-defined "great spirit" Creator he surmises must exist is far closer to God's truth than the learned but detached theologian who pontificates that Yahweh was the name given by bronze age Hebrews to their local deity, a god who was no more or less real than Ba'al, Molech, or Chemosh was to their respective devotees. (4) Missionaries reaching the jungle tribes in many cases brought religion, not enlightenment, to the unwashed heathen. (5) All other things being equal, intellectual knowledge of God's Word is something that man usually needs in order to make the transition from "Great Spirit" mentality to a personal relationship with Yahweh. That's the reason for the Great Commission. (6) Remaining untouched by the errant religions of "civilized" man is no guarantee of primal enlightenment, nor is it the kiss of spiritual death. The fact is universal: "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:13-14) That's as true in Papua New Guinea as it is in Pittsburg.

kp
Offline Devildog  
#5 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 8:32:48 AM(UTC)
Devildog

kp wrote:
(1) All humans have a neshama, the capacity for Spiritual indwelling, a "conscience," if you will. Anthropologists have noted the phenomenon of "religion" in the most isolated of peoples---evidence that man, left in a spiritual vacuum, will invariably attempt to fill the spiritual void he feels within. (As far as I can tell, Devildog, men who walked the earth before Adam---about 6,000 years ago---were not so equipped: they were mere animals (or at least, that's what their wives said :-)
kp

LOL Wives are still saying we are mere animals..........don't they? Could be just my wife
This gets confusing to me. Man is known to have been here about 200,000 years ago, right? If Yahuweh speaks of creating Adam w/ a neshama on the 6th yom, how did the humans get here before Adam? Are we talking about evolution-macro?

Next and probably more important to me, I am still at a loss for what to say to someone who says " there are PPL on this globe who will never have a chance to choose Yahuweh or accept His gift because His words are no where to be found to them. They don't have access to them and never will. If they don't know Him, He doesn't know them, right? Where is the choice for them? What is their fate"
Thanks for any insight you can lend. This is something that will definately come up as we spread His truth, and therefore be valuable.
Offline Devildog  
#6 Posted : Sunday, July 29, 2007 2:45:33 PM(UTC)
Devildog

Just saw this and would like to quote KP from the science thread:

Quote:
It may be helpful to point out that the genealogical data in the Tanach (the numbers that Bishop Ussher added up to get the 4004 BC date for the creation of the universe, record the births and deaths of only one category of creation: humans equipped with a neshama---the "breath of life" God breathed into man, the one thing that set him apart from the animal kingdom (including any proto-humans Yahweh had introduced into the biosphere). The neshama---the "conscience," if you will---is that part of our being that allows us to be indwelled with a spiritual entity. When Adam and Eve (Chavah) ate of the forbidden fruit, Yahweh's Spirit departed from their neshama, and God's promise/warning came to pass: in that day they "surely died." 'Course, their bodies lived on (since they were still equipped with a nephesh, a soul, like any other animal) for hundreds of years. But their neshama had to be re-animated by the re-introduction of Yahweh's Holy Spirit (Ruach Qodesh), just as ours do today.

The point is, the 6,000 year (give or take) figure has nothing to do with the age of the earth or the universe. Ussher got close to the right date---but for the wrong thing. It marks the fall of Man--the beginning and impetus for Yahweh's plan of redemption. And That is why God gave us the creation account in terms of "six days." He was telling us, in a way that would be equally accessible to every generation of man, that we would have six thousand years to work it all out, after which He would give us one "day of rest" in which we would live and walk before Him---personally. After this the eternal state would commence, in which our mortality would no longer be a factor. That seventh day, by the way, will dawn in a little over 26 years! Ready or not, here He comes.

So did Yahuweh create a manlike creature lacking a conscience along with the beasts and the like, just to create a different manlike creature later, Adam, replete with a conscience, or did this humanlike conscience lacking animal evolve? Did man live with the Dinosaurs? How long ago? If I am grasping this, you are saying that if a man was around before approx. 4000 bce, he was lacking a conscience. Yes? Thanks for helping.
Offline Theophilus  
#7 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 4:48:59 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Devildog wrote:
Just saw this and would like to quote KP from the science thread:

So did Yahuweh create a manlike creature lacking a conscience along with the beasts and the like, just to create a different manlike creature later, Adam, replete with a conscience, or did this humanlike conscience lacking animal evolve? Did man live with the Dinosaurs? How long ago? If I am grasping this, you are saying that if a man was around before approx. 4000 bce, he was lacking a conscience. Yes? Thanks for helping.

DevilDog, I did some checking in YY and found a few references that may address your questions. From YY book I chapter 1 Hayah - Existence:

Quote:
There are two words for men in the passage, ‘enowsh/mortal humankind and the children of ‘adam/Adam. The ‘enowsh are returned to dust. They are diminished with some being destroyed and others rendered to a state of despondency over sin. The sons of Adam, however, have the opportunity to choose God, and thus life. They are called to change and return so as to establish spiritual relations with Yahuweh and be restored to life. We are told that a perceptive observer of the Word will be protected and saved, even in the time of darkness. This is important because the Genesis account strongly suggests that while all animals, and thus all men, are endowed with a soul (a nepesh) or consciousness, not all humans have a conscience (a nesamah) - the ability to discern right from wrong. Without a nesamah people are precluded from knowing, choosing, or relating to God. We'll delve into this subject again near the end of the "Chay-Life" chapter.

And from YY book I chapter 3 Chay - Life:

Quote:
There are three additional concepts presented in Genesis that cry out to be known. First, there was death and dying on earth during Adam's stay in Eden. We know this because Noah's ark was covered in pitch and Jerusalem is dressed in limestone - both of which are conceived in death. Further, the word for food, ‘akalah, used in the 29th verse, is often translated "meat, the flesh of animals." And when Adam and Chavah sinned, Yahuweh wrapped them in "coats of skins," indicative of blood atonement and its victory over death. The Garden of Eden was walled for a reason, and that was to keep the predators at bay. These things also tell us what Scripture later confirms: our nepesh/soul is mortal.

Second, according to Yahuweh in Genesis 2:6, the earth was enveloped in mist at this time, creating a greenhouse effect in which every portion of the planet was lush and productive. Shielded as animals were from the sun's most harmful radiation, things lived longer and were healthier. This explains why we are finding mammoths in the Artic with tropical fauna frozen in their mouths. It also explains how the flood might have occurred.

Third, ‘Adam and Chavah were not the first Homo sapiens. They were the first humans created in God's image, that is to say that they were the first animals to receive a nesamah/conscience. On two occasions Scripture tells us that "the daughters of men roamed the earth" outside the Garden - hunting and gathering. It was only with the gift of conscience and language that man settled down and became "civilized."

Yahuweh gave ‘Adam something He did not give other animals. He called it a nesamah. In Genesis 2:7 we read: "And Yahuweh Elohiym formed (yasar - fashioned, created, and conceived) ‘Adam of the dust (‘aphar - ground, earth, small particles of loose matter) and breathed (naphach - blew) into his nostrils (‘aph) the nesamah of living/existence (chayah/hayah); and ‘Adam existed as (hayah) a living (chay) soul (nepesh)."

I hope further reading these chapters will help address your questions. I also notice that YY has a planned chapter 7 of book I titled Nesamah - Conscience and deals with the flood, as other planned chapters that address Adam and his family and the fall. For me at least, these are some new and intriguing but also challenging and not fully comprehended matters. I know I have several related questions and look forward to reading these chapters and discussing our questions here to explore these.
Offline kp  
#8 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 6:21:33 AM(UTC)
kp

Although we have precious little definitive scriptural evidence (since that's not what the Bible's about), my sense is that, as you hypothesized, "Yahuweh created a manlike creature lacking a conscience along with the beasts and the like, just to create a different manlike creature later, Adam, replete with a conscience." (I'd characterize the neshama as something more significant than merely a conscience, however. It's our species' unique capacity to host an eternal spirit within our souls---something no animal has.)

It's clear that classical "Darwinian" evolution had nothing to do with this process, since there wasn't nearly enough time in which chance had an opportunity to work---in truth, the theory of evolution was all washed up the moment it was proved that the universe had a beginning. The theory requires near-infinite amounts of time in which to operate, but scientists have pinned down the age of the universe (since the big bang) at about 13.7 billion years, and worse (for the evolutionists) our solar system is only about 4.5 billion years old. Still worse, primitive life showed up immediately after the earth cooled and liquid water condensed to cover most of the planet. And at strategic steps along the way, new life forms---fully developed, with no evolutionary trail leading back to previous species---appeared "spontaneously" on the earth. At the so-called "Cambrian explosion" where we see the first fossil record, every phylum ever extant on the earth is represented there. You'd have to be blind to miss what's going on: Yahweh was preparing this planet for our use, providing an atmosphere suitable for us, soil in which to grow our food, and scavengers to clean up the mess (so no, man-like creatures did not coexist with the dinos).

Proto-man (Cro Magnon, Neandertal, etc.) showed up maybe 300,000 years ago. I'd class earlier creatures like australopithicines as extinct, sophisticated apes. Perhaps I'm off-base here, but I look at these creatures as God's sketchbook---the method He used to decide what physical form He'd like Man to take. But when He decided it was time to "sculpt" His Masterpiece, Adam, He pulled out all the stops, so to speak, making him and Chavvah perfect specimens of the ultimate creature. Then (in Genesis 2:7) Yahweh "signed" His work, equipping Adam with a neshama, the "breath of life." Was Adam a descendent of some earlier form? Apparently not, for the verse cited says "Yahweh Elohim formed man of the dust of the ground..." God didn't start all over again with the design, but He did use a fresh sheet of paper.

Now here's where it gets interesting (and hits a little closer to home): The point of the flood of Noah's day was to wipe out "all in whose nostrils was the breath of the spirit of life" (Heb: neshama) except for Noah and his family (Genesis 7:22). Why? Because apparently the vast majority of those equipped with a neshama had chosen to be indwelled not with Yahweh's Spirit, but with Satan's. If there were still any proto-humans around (and it's quite possible that there were), they wouldn't have stood a chance against these intellectually superior creatures indwelled with demonic spirits. The reason we need to be cognizant of these things today is that Yahweh is not through separating the Ruach Qodesh-filled neshamym from the Satan-filled ones. The Tribulation will see a similar sifting of the spiritual chaff from the wheat.

kp
Offline FF  
#9 Posted : Monday, July 30, 2007 8:31:51 PM(UTC)
FF
Man

KP,

Do you think that Adam and Eve's kids married the Proto-mankind daughters of men or would that be incorrect? As daughters of men would be those who came from the union of A & E's kids marrying Proto's kids or sisters of the kid’s?

Who are the daughtes of men?

So would we presume that Proto-kids would act animals or more humanoid? Only they could be mislead or trained or influenced to do things A & E's kids would consider and choose right or wrong?

Does this make any sense?

Do you know what Yada says about this subject?

FF
FF
Offline Devildog  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 4:49:34 AM(UTC)
Devildog

KP,
Wow. Thank you, brother. This is exactly why I was psyched about Yadanews. This forum will eventually answer most questions PPL will have, ranging from the beginning questions to the very complex. We can peruse through them as we come to that "level" of our journey and at our leisure. The service you guys are providing is immeasurable. Finally, a place for fellowship.
Offline Devildog  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 5:00:01 AM(UTC)
Devildog

I am still getting my head around the answer to the other part of the question, so there is no hurry, but this was the other question I had regarding "choice", and would really like some resolution to it, if anyone can help:

Quote:
I am still at a loss for what to say to someone who says " there are PPL on this globe who will never have a chance to choose Yahuweh or accept His gift because His words are no where to be found to them. They don't have access to them and never will. If they don't know Him, He doesn't know them, right? Where is the choice for them? What is their fate"
Thanks for any insight you can lend. This is something that will definately come up as we spread His truth, and therefore be valuable information .

Thanks again
Offline kp  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 5:36:54 AM(UTC)
kp

Don't get too, "psyched," DD. I've been known to make mistakes. :-)

As far as people not having access to Yahweh, "never having a chance to choose Yahweh or accept His gift because His words are nowhere to be found," I think for the most part, the argument is a red herring put forth by people desperate to find a plausible reason for rejecting God. The position is borne of two misconceptions:

(1) That Yahweh can't be perceived without access to the written Word. But that Word says, "The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard." (Psalm 19:1-3) Also, "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse..." (Romans 1:18-20) Furthermore, today, when the earth's population has grown far more numerous than at any time in history, God's Word is available in the native languages of over 99.95% of the world's populace. And the Internet makes it freely available worldwide.

(2) The second misconception is one that has been taught by the Church since, like, forever. This is the notion that there are only two possible eternal destinations---heavenly bliss, and everlasting torment in hell. But as Yada and I have both explained, the Bible clearly (at least in the original languages) teaches that there is a third possibility: those who never make a choice to align themselves with either Yahweh or satan, in other words, those whose neshama is left empty of spiritual life, will simply cease to be when their soul (nephesh) departs from their body. Their physical death, then, is just like that of any animal, for all animals have souls---it's what makes them "alive." For more scriptural evidence, see Future History, chapter 29: "the Three Doors." YY also speaks of this at length. Thus the argument that "God can't be kind and loving if He sends people who have never even heard of Him to eternal torment" is groundless and silly. Yahweh is merciful toward the careless, misled, stupid, and victims of this world. But He won't force someone who hasn't chosen to be in His family to dwell in His presence forever. That would be no more right than sending them to hell because they happened to be born in the wrong century on the wrong continent.

kp

Offline Devildog  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 8:01:54 AM(UTC)
Devildog

kp wrote:
Don't get too, "psyched," DD. I've been known to make mistakes. :-)

Your perspective is unique, refreshing and attractive, KP. There are many intelligent PPL here also, as I believe that the more one knows about Yahuweh, the more intelligent they become, so between everyone here, we will surely get to where the rubber meets the road as far as Yahuweh is concerned. I knew this the moment I was told of this venture(over a year ago LOL), so I was/am "psyched" to finally see it and at the possiblities it brings. You recognizing that you make mistakes is one of the reasons YadaNews is so valuable.

kp wrote:

As far as people not having access to Yahweh, "never having a chance to choose Yahweh or accept His gift because His words are nowhere to be found," I think for the most part, the argument is a red herring put forth by people desperate to find a plausible reason for rejecting God. The position is borne of two misconceptions:

(1) That Yahweh can't be perceived without access to the written Word. But that Word says,
"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard." (Psalm 19:1-3) Also, "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who suppress the truth in unrighteousness, because what may be known of God is manifest in them, for God has shown it to them. For since the creation of the world His invisible attributes are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even His eternal power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse..." (Romans 1:18-20) Furthermore, today, when the earth's population has grown far more numerous than at any time in history, God's Word is available in the native languages of over 99.95% of the world's populace. And the Internet makes it freely available worldwide.

(2) The second misconception is one that has been taught by the Church since, like, forever. This is the notion that there are only two possible eternal destinations---heavenly bliss, and everlasting torment in hell. But as Yada and I have both explained, the Bible clearly (at least in the original languages) teaches that there is a third possibility: those who never make a choice to align themselves with either Yahweh or satan, in other words, those whose neshama is left empty of spiritual life, will simply cease to be when their soul (nephesh) departs from their body. Their physical death, then, is just like that of any animal, for all animals have souls---it's what makes them "alive." For more scriptural evidence, see Future History, chapter 29: "the Three Doors." YY also speaks of this at length. Thus the argument that "God can't be kind and loving if He sends people who have never even heard of Him to eternal torment" is groundless and silly. Yahweh is merciful toward the careless, misled, stupid, and victims of this world. But He won't force someone who hasn't chosen to be in His family to dwell in His presence forever. That would be no more right than sending them to hell because they happened to be born in the wrong century on the wrong continent.

kp

I never knew God until 6 years ago. I was inside a Church maybe a handful of times in my entire life(Karate lessons, mass twice LOL). I knew nothing!
Looking back now, however, it's as though He was watching, guiding and certainly protecting me the entire way-but I didn't know Him. I should be dead 5 times over, K. I'm sure many say this and feel the same way, but I doubt many have had their life spared after an 81 mm mortar round came down as a "dud" LOL . Plus, I grew up lacking both parents. I was on my own-literally. I just thought I was invinsible, not knowing, the whole time I had a hand. Sure, He probably knew that I would straighten out in a few years, once I would finally be confronted with the truth, and thus a choice, so did He allow me to get to that point? Just lucky enough to survive long enough to come across the truth? I think back.... about going through red-lights at triple digits on my motorcycle, the world's fastest at the time, and am confronted by the thought that if I had died on ANY of those occassions, I would have never known Yahuweh. I am aware of the 3 destinations and sure, I'm not next to Halal ben Shakar when I wake up, but paaaaalease LOL. I would not be next to Yahuweh, simply because noone told me about Him. Once His truth came to me, the "choice" was a no brainer. This example gets multiplied when I live in a place where a book has never even been seen. Sure, one may "feel" spiritual or something, but who's to say what that "something" is. Even if they recognize that the world they live in, MUST have a creator, they are still, not in a position to make an informed choice. "My family shall know my name", and "my sheep will recognize my voice" is hard to reconcile here, I guess. Perhaps it comes down to this:

kp wrote:
The position is borne of misconceptions:

(1) That Yahweh can't be perceived without access to the written Word.

Is just perceiving God enough? Thanks bro

Edited by user Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:09:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Offline kp  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 10:02:45 AM(UTC)
kp

Yes, but don't take the ball and run with it, DD. I was referring to the Pygmy in the darkest jungle of Africa or some such place---the scenario that doubters invariably dredge up to make themselves feel better about telling God to stick it. Our short friend in the loin cloth may only "perceive" Yahweh through the wonders of creation. What he does with that perception is still up to him. It remains true for everyone: "Narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it." (Matthew 7:14) Rare is the pygmy who would pray in trusting faith to the "great spirit" he perceives to have created the world around him, without filtering his experience through the misleading influence of the local shaman or letting his cultural circumstance dominate his spiritual viewpoint. But it is possible.

My point is that we---all of us---are responsible to choose our spiritual destiny only on the basis of what light has been made available to us. That's why this whole discussion is such a red herring for most people: the vast majority of the world's population has been given some light, some indication that an all-powerful Creator God exists and operates in our world. And the vast majority choose not to respond to the light they've been shown. You grew up in America, the land of light. The name of Yahweh was available everywhere you turned, if only you'd cared to look. You were therefore responsible to perceive much more about spiritual truth than the average half-naked savage in Borneo. Yes, God preserved you, but how many friends have you known who had the same light shown to them as you did, and still chose to live in darkness? I am not recommending the lot of the ignorant savage. Having reliable information upon which to base your choices is always to be preferred. That's why we study, write, and correspond with folks.

kp
Offline Tiffany  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 10:44:01 AM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

Quote:
KP Wrote:
My point is that we---all of us---are responsible to choose our spiritual destiny only on the basis of what light has been made available to us

You grew up in America, the land of light. The name of Yahweh was available everywhere you turned, if only you'd cared to look. You were therefore responsible to perceive much more about spiritual truth than the average half-naked savage in Borneo.

kp,

This is great, I have really enjoyed reading the dialog between you and DD, and I agree with you about America is the land of light there is hardly a corner you can walk by and not see a church. Now if the church would just teach the real truth we would be in a better place. But I also see it this way even if there was an absence of "churches" its simply going to have to be a willingness to discover that nudge.

I was also thinking about another post where you mention Psalms and how the earth basically show the majesty in the absence of the word.

Quote:
"The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament shows His handiwork. Day unto day utters speech, and night unto night reveals knowledge. There is no speech nor language where their voice is not heard." (Psalm 19:1-3)

I have always believed this to be true and although I have grown up in what most would consider the best family, I would have to say that I don't know how people could sit and watch the marvels of natural and not see Yahweh.

Offline Devildog  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 11:30:46 AM(UTC)
Devildog

Wonderful. I thank you for your insight. I am beginning to wrap my head around this. I concur that America is the best place to come to know Him, and I was completely at fault for not searching Him out when I "felt" something throughout my life. I could try to rationalize or make excuses for why, but none of them matter. The "pygmy"scenario is still a little mysterious and intriguing to me.
If this pygmy recognizes that there must be a creator, and praises this unknown "thing" his whole life and then a respected elder from his clan informs him that this "Thing/God's" name/title is wannahockalugy, does this pygmy face his "choice" at that time, even though he has no way of finding the real truth? Can he be saved, praising this wannahockalugy, his remaining days, or does he need to die saying something like " I don't know who this creator is, but I know He's there and boy is His works evident and awesome"? I realize that salvation issues are touchy but I appreciate what you have to say.
BTW, I'm too tired to run with anything.

Offline kp  
#17 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 12:00:43 PM(UTC)
kp

Great point, Tiffany. It ought not to be so hard to find the truth in the places that purport to be providing it. Woe to the Church in America if it wallows in tradition and religion, when Yahweh is right there, knocking on the door asking to be invited in.

And you, Devildog, have also arrived at the heart of your respective conundrum. Is the great god Wannahockalugy just another name for "The Lord?" Let's face it: most Christians (and I'm using the term in its broadest cultural sense) never hear the name Yahweh spoken in their respective places of worship. But the puzzle is even worse than that. What if "Yahweh" ain't exactly correct either, and it's actually supposed to be pronounced "Yahuweh" or "Yahuwah?" (Actually, in spoken form, I do treat the "w" as a semi-vowel, stretching the pronunciation out to three syllables. But I'm no linugist, and certainly no scholar; I could still be wrong.) At what point does our loving Creator say, "Close, but no cigar, kid. You don't know my name. Go away."? I've got no facile answers for this, my friends. But it seems to me that a two year old who can barely manage a good "dada" can and will be forgiven for not knowing that his father's name is actually Jonathan Wilbur Wannahockalugy III. 'Course, when he's thirty, junior is supposed to know this stuff. The question is, do we ever attain that kind of maturity in God's eyes? I honestly don't know if we can.

kp
Offline Tiffany  
#18 Posted : Wednesday, August 1, 2007 6:28:28 PM(UTC)
Tiffany
Woman

This is by far my favorite statement in the forum to date!! It took me a while to get it, but after saying it a few times I got it!!

Quote:
Is the great god Wannahockalugy just another name for "The Lord?"

But I will say this I am glad his name is Yahuweh, and there is something about knowing him that makes my life so grand! I just hope and believe that more believers would come to know him by his personal and proper name.
Offline James  
#19 Posted : Wednesday, October 31, 2007 11:02:59 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
Just to play devils advocate KP:

Yahushua said that no man comes to the Father but by me
Except you believe I am he you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven

I actually agree with you KP, but these are challenges I have been given, and can’t answer.

Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline kp  
#20 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2007 5:33:20 AM(UTC)
kp

The interesting thing about that quote, James, is that the "he" in the second line is not actually there: what He said was, "Except you believe that I Am, you shall not enter the kingdom of heaven." Yahshua wasn't insisting on perfect comprehension of the linguistic nuances of the divine name. But He did require that we trustingly acknowledge that He, in His role as Messiah, is in fact Yahweh, albeit in a diminished form, voluntarily bereft of glory and dimensions for our benefit. In other words, even if we only know Him as Jesus, and even if we never learn the revealed name of Almighty God (because it has been edited out of our scriptures) our realization in faith that the one we call "Jesus" is God incarnate, Emmanuel ("God with us"), and not merely some human who tried to start a new religion on earth, is the key to entering the Kingdom of Heaven. That being said, it's far, far better to get it right. It helps immensely to know that the Messiah's name means: Yahweh is Salvation.

kp
Offline James  
#21 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2007 5:41:53 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I am in complete agrement KP, and thanks for the tidbit about He not being their, adds a new dimension to it.

But I am given these quotes when discussing the African Tribsman 1000 years ago who never had the opportunity to know I AM, or any scripture, they don't know of the concept of a messiah let alone that he has come.

Is the fact that they believe in a single Creator God enough, or are they lost to death at birth merly based on where and when they happened to be born?

Offline kp  
#22 Posted : Thursday, November 1, 2007 9:26:14 AM(UTC)
kp

It's an individual matter. I'm pretty sure it's possible to know Yahweh in a cultural vacuum. I just can't tell you if it ever happens. Fortunately, it's not an issue for me to call. Yahweh knows who His children are.

I certainly would not denigrate mission outreach on the basis of the mere possibility that one might be able to discover Yahweh independent of scriptural truth. As Paul writes, "For whoever calls on the name of Yahweh shall be saved. How then shall they call on Him in whom they have not believed? And how shall they believe in Him of whom they have not heard? And how shall they hear without a preacher? And how shall they preach unless they are sent? As it is written: How beautiful are the feet of those who preach the gospel of peace, Who bring glad tidings of good things! ...So then faith comes by hearing, and hearing by the word of God." (Romans 10:13-17)

kp

Offline James  
#23 Posted : Monday, November 5, 2007 8:22:51 AM(UTC)
James
Man

just a thought that occured to me when I was explaining to some one about Adam being the first man made in God's image, and not neccisarily the first man.

Is it possible, that not all, but many of these secluded tribs are not men decended from Adam, and therfore do not have a nephesh, and are incapable of recieving Yahs spirit?

Just a thought.

Offline coleridge  
#24 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 8:02:19 AM(UTC)
coleridge

this is a very interesting thread.... i'm sorry i didn't get a chance to read it until now. if we want to look at this in a scriptural stand point let's look at romans chapter one. For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, [even] his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse:Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things..... let me know if that helps
let YHWH be true, and every man a liar
Offline kp  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, December 4, 2007 10:39:51 AM(UTC)
kp

Yes, Coleridge, the Romans quote seems to indicate that as a rule, the darkened state of mankind is due to the purposeful rejection of Yahweh by past generations, whose descendants have paid the price for their rebellion with diminished opportunities to see Yahweh's goodness in the world. It's pretty clear that seeing and responding to the Creator by witnessing His creation is a rarity, a long shot. Possible, but not probable.

And James, interesting thought. The flood's purpose was to wipe out all those with a neshama--the capacity for spirit--since apparently Noah and his sons and their wives were the only ones left on the planet who had embraced Yahweh's Ruach Qodesh, and so many had become indwelled with demonic spirits. But if Yada's theory is correct (and I can't find any logical or linguistic fault with it) that the flood was broadly regional but not necessarily world-wide, then there might indeed be some non-nephesh-equipped humans still around. Again, possible, but not probable. Of course, it's all academic. There's no test for neshama. We dare not assume anything like that, but rather keeping following the great commission until He tells us to stop.

kp