logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline sirgodfrey  
#1 Posted : Thursday, December 18, 2008 6:03:17 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBWhsxN6CDo

saw this music video a while ago and i was shocked that someone actually used His name in their music. I was like........

YES!!!!!
Offline kp  
#2 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 4:03:07 AM(UTC)
kp

Cool! The video was so much fun, I almost forgot to listen to the words. Nice find.

kp
Offline bitnet  
#3 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 4:33:52 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shabbat Shalom,

Good find! You can be sure that it will not be played in a Catholic cathedral... Also found U2's Yahweh. Not bad either.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#4 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 5:51:03 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
very nice indeed! Not only did they use His Name many times, not once did they say Lord LOL Looking into the rest of their songs...
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline sirgodfrey  
#5 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 8:52:53 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Yes indeed, Robski. Lord, Lord, Lord! That title, when used by friends and such, has become so bothersome to me. It really grieves me and makes me so upset knowing why so many are referring to our Creator as simply the LORD.

Has it been prophesied that His people will one day start calling Him by name again? I want to say that I have seen this somewhere, but not sure if I am taking the verse out of context.

Oh! I know where it was, it was in Hosea... stating that His people will no longer call Him "lord" but will call him "Ishi husband or something like that. Some greater clarity on the subject would be much appreciated brothers.
Offline kp  
#6 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 10:52:04 AM(UTC)
kp

Yes. Here it is. Hosea 2:16. “And it shall be, in that day,” says Yahweh, “That you will call Me ‘My Husband,’ (Iysh) and no longer call Me ‘My Master.’ (Baali) The audience here is Israel, but one can hope that the same universal reverence for Yahweh's name will be shared among gentiles as well.

kp
Offline CK  
#7 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 7:32:40 PM(UTC)
CK

Loved the music. Thanks so much for sharing it. I've got to get my hands on some new tunes. I grow weary of doing voice overs. LOL
Offline Walt  
#8 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 3:16:24 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

The video is no longer there.
What was the name of the band?
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#9 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 4:14:59 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Walt wrote:
The video is no longer there.
What was the name of the band?

It was this one :)

http://uk.youtube.com/wa...C9EI&feature=related

Signature of the Divine by Needtobreath
Offline Mike  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 8:09:53 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Here are the lyrics:

Signature of Devine (Yahweh)

Cathedrals have tried in vain
To show the image of your face.
But we are, by your design,
The signature of divine.

We'll always sing your name.
Forever and today.

Yahweh, Yahweh...
Great is your glory when you go before me
Oh, we sing...
Holy, Holy...
Your ways are lovely. So high above me.
Yahweh

The fortunes of kings and queens
Are wasted chasing what we've seen.
Cause we are, by your reprieve,
The beauty framed by your suffering.

We'll always sing your name.
Forever and today.

Yahweh, Yahweh...
Oh, we sing...
Holy, Holy...
Yahweh

Take me, and pull me through.
Cause I can't move without you.
I won't leave you alone, you say.
It will be okay.

Yahweh, Yahweh...
Oh, we sing...
Holy, Holy...
Yahweh.
Yahweh, Yahweh...
Oh, we sing...
Holy, Holy...
Yahweh

Ancient of Days...
Yahweh!

Offline Icy  
#11 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 2:44:25 PM(UTC)
Icy
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You know, speaking of his name, it seems like every week I hear someone say something like "We worship his name," or something similar, and yet they don't even know his name (or use it if they do know). It drives me nuts.
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#12 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 2:48:10 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Icy wrote:
You know, speaking of his name, it seems like every week I hear someone say something like "We worship his name," or something similar, and yet they don't even know his name (or use it if they do know). It drives me nuts.

yup - you feel my pain. Thats the one thing that drives my crazy... especially in christian music. "Blessed be the name of the Lord" and other such thing... and yet they never say it.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#13 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 8:09:31 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

it drives me up the walls robski and icy! just the other day i was with some friends of mine and one of them prayed and was saying Lord and then said something about in your name, but the name was never mentioned. it happens all the time and it just drives me crazy. i have talked with him a number of times about this. i just want Yah's people to call Him by name. it is the name that was given so why not use it? and if we have the knowledge of His name, why put it on the backburner.... religion and tradition is stupid.

and people please pray for me, i was in a group that traveled and spread the message of the Messiah but i recently dropped from the group because I can no longer proclaim in the name of Jesus. I just cant do it knowing what I know now about His true name and about the mistransliteration and such of "Jesus." the guys may be thinking that i am crazy right now, because i have also been trying to share some thing with them about torah or law. i dont think they're getting it at all, but its really odd because i am speaking very clearly. its as if they are not trying to hear me which greatly frustrates me. anyways, i certainly didnt intend to type this much but I suppose that i needed to vent a tad bit. much love in the MessiYahushua.

YHWH, YHWH. GREAT IS YOUR GLORY WHEN YOU GO BEFORE! OH WE SING!! lol, that song is awesome
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#14 Posted : Monday, December 22, 2008 11:53:38 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

I'm so glad we share the same irritation points lol - atleast you can vent at people who understand then :)

Yea, talking to them flies in the face of logic sometimes. They just look at you blankly, its very frustrating. Name above all Names, when you explain that "Jesus" has only been around since 1629 and the rest of the information - it dosnt matter, because He knows what we mean in our hearts... What they should say is, oh yea, but that makes me really uncomfortable so im going to pretend it doesn't matter and my free grace ticket will see me through.

So the Name that is above all Names, doesn't matter really anyway. How can one group of people proclaim something so loudly and then when in the face of evidence decide that it does't matter anyway... bah, its beyond me.

It would be so much better if people were honest.
Offline sirgodfrey  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2008 3:20:32 AM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Quote:
What they should say is, oh yea, but that makes me really uncomfortable so im going to pretend it doesn't matter and my free grace ticket will see me through.

seriously man. i just dont understand. i present clear facts from scripture and its almost like it just doesnt matter at all despite claims to hold scripture at the highest authority. im actually very glad that i seperated myself from the group. i believe that now i can grow more, learn more, flourish more in Yahweh. im pretty sure that it will also be evident in my music and this makes me super uber excited. "Jesus" shall certainly no longer be in any more of my songs.