logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline shalom82  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 13, 2008 12:44:52 AM(UTC)
shalom82

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I have been researching the Quran along with Islamic doctrine and thought lately because my heart weighs a heavy amount due to the ignorance and tolerance of evil present in the general population. I don't mean to sound condescending when I say that, but it really is the sad truth of the matter. Intellectual honesty is harder and harder to come by every day. Anyway, I was reading, and I came across "al-Nasikh wa-Mansoukh" (the abrogator and the abrogated). This was covered in PoD, but I forgot the scope of this doctrine. For example: 124 peaceful "notable quotables" that Muslims love to use to show how lovely their religion is were abrogated by ONE verse: The verse of the sword (Surah 9:5). What I was thinking while I read this was the fact that there should be an abridged Quran with only unabrogated verses. It would be shorter (for today's ADD afflicted society), greener (what a holy word) (due to the fact that less paper would be used) and it would allow everybody (muslims and non-muslims alike) to just get to the point.

Just a thought.

Shalom
YHWH's ordinances are true, and righteous altogether.
Offline edStueart  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 1:07:18 PM(UTC)
edStueart

shalom82 wrote:
Anyway, I was reading, and I came across "al-Nasikh wa-Mansoukh" (the abrogator and the abrogated). This was covered in PoD, but I forgot the scope of this doctrine. For example: 124 peaceful "notable quotables" that Muslims love to use to show how lovely their religion is were abrogated by ONE verse: The verse of the sword (Surah 9:5).

We made a couple of videos about the doctrine of abrogation:

"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 11:36:13 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
very good video Ed :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...