logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline visitor  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 10:57:53 PM(UTC)
visitor

Does the following verse mean that we are supposed to assemble every week on the Sabbath?

Quote:
Leviticus 23:1-3 (New Living Translation)

The Appointed Festivals

1 The Lord said to Moses, 2 “Give the following instructions to the people of Israel. These are the Lord’s appointed festivals, which you are to proclaim as official days for holy assembly.

3 “You have six days each week for your ordinary work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath day of complete rest, an official day for holy assembly. It is the Lord’s Sabbath day, and it must be observed wherever you live.
Offline James  
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 14, 2008 11:08:43 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I would say define assembly, I for one assemble with my family, and with Yah on the Sabbath. So does assembly mean we must all pile in a car and go to some building, or is the family getting together to rest and reflect together what really matters. I think given Yah's emphasis on family that this is more what it meant. If it is possible to gather with the larger family of Yahweh as well I say even better, but i don't believe that it is compulsory.

I would say however that larger gatherings can lead to larger discussions, and perhaps new insights that we might not think of on our own.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand