logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages«<2345>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline In His Name  
#151 Posted : Tuesday, January 12, 2010 5:44:00 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Yada wrote:
From CNN:

Hindus urged to consider environment as they wash away sins

By golly you do learn something here every day, I didn't know that Hindus had sins.

But what are the people downstream going to do when they try to wash off their sins and someone else's sins get on them? Someone will be walking out of the water and his buddy will be like "dude, you still got some on you" and he'll say "what, HEY, I didn't do that one, how did that get on me" and his buddy will say, "look out man, here comes your ma".....
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Yada  
#152 Posted : Wednesday, January 13, 2010 5:19:28 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Yada attached the following image(s):
story.robertson.gi.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Matthew  
#153 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2010 1:37:18 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
On Yahoo! but by Sky News:

Quote:
Dozens Fall Ill In Holy Water Health Scare

More than 100 Russian Orthodox believers have been hospitalised after drinking holy water in Irkutsk, Siberia.

Those affected, including 48 children, are being treated in hospital for acute intestinal pain after drinking water from wells around a local church last week.

The believers were celebrating Epiphany (Greek for "appearance", or "revelation"), which is traditionally commemorated by Orthodox Russians on January 19.

I'm obviously reminded of Numbers 5:12-31:

"Speak to the children of Yisra’ĕl, and say to them, ‘When any man’s wife turns aside and has committed a trespass against him, and a man has intercourse with her, and it is hidden from the eyes of her husband, and it is concealed that she has defiled herself, and there was no witness against her, nor was she caught, and a spirit of jealousy comes upon him and he becomes jealous of his wife who has defiled herself, or a spirit of jealousy comes upon him and he becomes jealous of his wife although she has not defiled herself, then the man shall bring his wife to the priest. And he shall bring the offering for her, one-tenth of an ĕphah of barley flour. He is not to pour oil on it or put frankincense on it, because it is a grain offering of jealousy, an offering for remembering, for bringing crookedness to remembrance. And the priest shall bring her near, and shall make her stand before יהוה. And the priest shall take set-apart water in an earthen vessel, and take some of the dust that is on the floor of the Dwelling Place and put it into the water. And the priest shall make the woman stand before יהוה, and shall uncover the woman’s head, and put the offering for remembering in her hands, which is the grain offering of jealousy, while the priest holds in his hand the bitter water that brings a curse. And the priest shall make her swear, and say to the woman, "If no man has lain with you, and if you have not turned aside to uncleanness under your husband’s authority, be free from this bitter water that brings a curse. But if you have turned aside under your husband’s authority, and if you have defiled yourself and some man other than your husband has lain with you" – then the priest shall make the woman swear with the oath of the curse, and he shall say to the woman – "יהוה make you a curse and an oath among your people, when יהוה makes your thigh waste away and your belly swell, and this water that causes the curse shall go into your inward parts, and make your belly swell and your thigh waste away." And the woman shall say, "Amĕn, amĕn." And the priest shall write these curses in a book, and shall wipe them off into the bitter water, and shall make the woman drink the bitter water that brings the curse, and the water that brings the curse shall enter her to become bitter. And the priest shall take the grain offering of jealousy from the woman’s hand, and shall wave the offering before יהוה, and bring it to the altar. And the priest shall take a hand filled with the offering, as its remembrance offering, and burn it on the altar, and afterward make the woman drink the water. And when he has made her drink the water, then it shall be, if she has defiled herself and has committed a trespass against her husband, that the water that brings the curse shall enter her and become bitter, and her belly shall swell, and her thigh shall waste away, and the woman shall become a curse among her people. But if the woman has not defiled herself, and is clean, then she shall be clear and shall conceive children. This is the Torah of jealousy, when a wife turns aside under her husband’s authority and defiles herself, or when a spirit of jealousy comes upon a man, and he becomes jealous of his wife. Then he shall make the woman stand before יהוה, and the priest shall do to her all this Torah. and the man shall be clear from crookedness, but the woman bear her crookedness.’"
Offline Yada  
#154 Posted : Tuesday, January 26, 2010 5:28:16 PM(UTC)
Yada

The latest from EWTN. That building he's holding looks pretty heavy. No pagan influences here.
HP_aquinas_10.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Richard  
#155 Posted : Wednesday, January 27, 2010 4:26:13 AM(UTC)
Richard
Man
United States

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 7 post(s)
For the life of me, I am still amazed that a rational human being could be so deceived as to believe the teachings of the Roman Catholic abomination. The same goes for Islam, Mormonism, and other religions. Even more amazing is that our Father delighted to show mercy to the likes of ME by pulling me out of the miry pit of religion and into the truth of His Word and His Word only. Is He good or what?!
Offline Yada  
#156 Posted : Friday, January 29, 2010 1:13:25 PM(UTC)
Yada

The latest from the Catholic network EWTN:
File Attachment(s):
HP_Presentation_10.jpg (337kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
Offline Matthew  
#157 Posted : Saturday, January 30, 2010 2:18:51 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Hey Yada,

I can't get over this photo on EWTN called "Feast of the Presentation of the LORD"! It's unbelievable, how they don't see it as pagan and an insult to Yahweh boggles my mind?! I tried to put it into an image tag to save people having to download it but I couldn't get the tag to work. I wonder what a painting of baby Tammuz looks like, I guess it would be an exact copy of baby "Jesus" here.
Offline Yada  
#158 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2010 1:12:53 PM(UTC)
Yada

Matthew - you might get a kick out of this one also. This is the latest image that the "Eternal Word Television Network" (the Catholic cable channel)is running on their home page.

No "sun" imagery here. But, I guess it's OK for the "queen of heaven."
HP_lourdes_10.jpg
Offline Yada  
#159 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2010 5:11:47 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:
c1main.kl.festival.gi.jpg
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#160 Posted : Sunday, February 7, 2010 11:24:21 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

SHINE MARY SHINE! :D lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline Matthew  
#161 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 12:08:51 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

That Mary one is definitely heavy. I wonder what the rock behind here is supposed to mean, it's almost as if she's emanating her light from within a cave.
Offline James  
#162 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2010 3:52:21 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
You know as painful as that looks, I have actually seen worse. I knew a guy at the University I attended who was into suspension, and the holes in his back where two very large hooks would be inserted, so that he could hang from them. Weired guy.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline Yada  
#163 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 10:28:45 AM(UTC)
Yada

Here's the image that EWTN (The "Eternal Word Television Network") is featuring to remind everyone about "Ash Wednesday":
HP_Ash_Wed_10.jpg
Offline James  
#164 Posted : Monday, February 15, 2010 11:24:37 AM(UTC)
James
Man

I can almost imagine that being the mark of the beast. I know it doesn't match exactly, but a precursor perhaps.

Offline Matthew  
#165 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 9:40:27 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Own your own personal Jesus coordinate for US$1.99

UserPostedImage

Does anyone know what passage is written on the book and what the hand sign with the right hand means?
Offline In His Name  
#166 Posted : Wednesday, February 24, 2010 6:42:32 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Matthew wrote:

Does anyone know what passage is written on the book and what the hand sign with the right hand means?

Sorry Matt, can't help you with the verse, but the hand sign is a 16th century Catholic gang sign, popular during the reformation when you needed to know who your friends were.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline edStueart  
#167 Posted : Thursday, February 25, 2010 12:25:47 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Matthew wrote:

The writing is a Stargate address and the hand signal means get ready to steal third base.
"You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free."
But first, it will piss you off!
Offline Yada  
#168 Posted : Tuesday, March 2, 2010 5:31:50 PM(UTC)
Yada

Here's the latest from EWTN. Does anyone have any idea what the "S" under the crown means?
HP_St_David_Wales_10.jpg
Offline Mike  
#169 Posted : Wednesday, March 10, 2010 7:15:17 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth says Devil is in the Vatican.

Father Gabriele Amorth, 85, who has been the Vatican's chief exorcist for 25 years and says he has dealt with 70,000 cases of demonic possession, said that the consequences of satanic infiltration included power struggles at the Vatican as well as "cardinals who do not believe in Jesus, and bishops who are linked to the Demon".

http://www.timesonline.c...faith/article7056689.ece

Offline James  
#170 Posted : Thursday, March 11, 2010 3:00:21 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Mike wrote:
Chief exorcist Father Gabriele Amorth says Devil is in the Vatican.

Father Gabriele Amorth, 85, who has been the Vatican's chief exorcist for 25 years and says he has dealt with 70,000 cases of demonic possession, said that the consequences of satanic infiltration included power struggles at the Vatican as well as "cardinals who do not believe in Jesus, and bishops who are linked to the Demon".

http://www.timesonline.c...faith/article7056689.ece

You know considering the last Pope said that there are many ways to God, I think they should start at the top and work their way down with these exorcisms, won't do them any good, but it would be funny to watch.

Satan's in the Vatican, and he wears a funny hat.

Offline Mike  
#171 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 10:16:20 AM(UTC)
Mike

Was thanked: 24 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Sex, gay rights and the Cross

The season of Lent, the 40-day period in the run up to Easter, has become a great gift to me and to many homosexual men and women I know. It is the season where we recognise that no one gets it right all the time, that everyone is in need of compassion and mercy, and that before God we all experience apartheid, sexual or otherwise, in some form or other.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/comment/faith/article7059732.ece
Offline Matthew  
#172 Posted : Monday, March 15, 2010 11:28:11 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Further quoted from that article:

Quote:
The life, death and Resurrection of Jesus Christ take on a whole new meaning and relevance when we each willingly and humbly acknowledge and release our prejudices, sufferings and judgements of others to God who came in human form. He is the one who has taken into himself any shame, despair, and the inequalities that so many of us feel and experience through life. He is the one that transforms our exclusion into inclusion, not with the righteous and conceited, but with the broken and meek. Everyone is welcome – Jew, Muslim, atheist, homosexual. Everyone.

In other words an Atheist is welcome to be a believer in the Messiah, but can continue being an Atheist. :P

Or what about:

Quote:
The season of Lent, the 40-day period in the run up to Easter, has become a great gift to me and to many homosexual men and women I know. It is the season where we recognise that no one gets it right all the time, that everyone is in need of compassion and mercy, and that before God we all experience apartheid, sexual or otherwise, in some form or other.

Are they meaning "apartheid" from Leviticus?

The world has truly distanced itself from Yahweh's Torah. They have taken Yahshua and made Him into someone He's not. Yes He is full of love, but...

At least these gays and lesbians haven't denied God's existence, so there's still a bit of hope for them to find the Truth.
Offline kp  
#173 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 10:14:37 AM(UTC)
kp

Quote:
He is the one that transforms our exclusion into inclusion, not with the righteous and conceited, but with the broken and meek. Everyone is welcome – Jew, Muslim, atheist, homosexual. Everyone.

Huh? Who said Yahweh was interested in "inclusion?" Here are my latest ruminations from The Torah Code:

Quote:
To a follower of any big religion today, it may sound like blasphemy, but the truth is, God is not inclusive, broad-minded, or universalist in His outlook. On the contrary, He’s all about division, separation, and contrast. His path is exclusive, narrow-minded, uncompromising—in a word, holy. God’s way is set in sharp contrast with everything else. Yes, He has invited everyone to the party, but you’re only welcome if you enter His house through the front door. Strolling in through the big garage door will get you thrown out, and you can’t put on a disguise and use the servants’ entrance, either. Yahweh draws a clear line of division between those who have entered legitimately and those who try to sneak in some other way—or worse, merely get swept in by the tide.

So there is something fundamentally wrong, for instance, with a church that calls itself “Catholic,” a word the dictionary defines as “broad or wide-ranging in tastes, interests, or the like; having sympathies with all; broad-minded; liberal; universal in extent; involving all; of interest to all.” There is likewise something flawed about a faith whose goal is to forcibly subjugate all of mankind under its banner: Islam’s scripture states, “Fight them till all opposition ends and the only religion is Islam.” (Qur’an 8:39) It’s founder said, “I have been ordered to fight the people till they say, ‘None has the right to be worshipped but Allah’” (The Hadith of al-Bukhari). Equally misguided is the Hindu Purana, which declares, “It should be the assiduous endeavour of wise men to attain unto God. He dwelleth eternally in all beings and all things dwell in him…. He is universal soul; all the interstices of the universe are filled up by him; he is one with all good qualities, and all created beings are endowed with a small portion of his individuality…” Even the Protestant Christian who espouses an “Onward Christian Soldiers” mentality has missed the point: Yahweh is opposed to forcing anyone into His kingdom. (It can’t be done, in point of fact.) Rather, He made us as creatures of free will: He invites us all to join Him, but He compels no one. Free will, then, separates those who choose Yahweh’s path from those who decline to do so. This separation is a condition known as “holiness”—being voluntarily set apart to Yahweh, set apart from the world that rejects Him.

I find it significant that this process of division and separation goes all the way back to the very beginning, to the creation account. “Then God said, ‘Let there be light’; and there was light. And God saw the light, that it was good; and God divided the light from the darkness. God called the light Day, and the darkness He called Night. So the evening and the morning were the first day. Then God said, ‘Let there be a firmament in the midst of the waters, and let it divide the waters from the waters.’ Thus God made the firmament, and divided the waters which were under the firmament [or expanse] from the waters which were above the firmament; and it was so. And God called the firmament Heaven. So the evening and the morning were the second day. Then God said, ‘Let the waters under the heavens be gathered together into one place, and let the dry land appear’; and it was so. And God called the dry land Earth, and the gathering together of the waters He called Seas. And God saw that it was good.” (Genesis 1:3-10) However He actually did it, God describes the process of making our world habitable as one of division, of creating contrasts between one thing and another—light from darkness, water vapor from its liquid state, and the sea from the dry land. In the following verses, He would go on to extract plant life from inert matter, separate day from night, contrast light sources from those that merely reflect it, distinguish animal life from plants, then make animal kinds different from one another, and finally, divide man from animals by “breathing into his nostrils the breath of life”—which is, we’re told, tantamount to “making him in the image and likeness of God.”

Time after time, then, we see division, separation, contrasts established by the hand of God. Moreover, every time we see a major division achieved, God declares it “good.” In fact, when everything was finally split up to His satisfaction, He called it all “very good.”

kp
Offline Matthew  
#174 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 11:28:12 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

In the voice of Yoda: Sheep and goats this is!
Offline bitnet  
#175 Posted : Tuesday, March 16, 2010 6:10:14 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

The problem began when church leaders began espousing God's love for sinners... they said "come as you are" because (in a much smaller voice) "we want your money, votes and souls". They did not want to say "God hates sin but loves people and wants people to distance themselves from sin" because that would be too much work and you know how much they dislike work especially when "salvation is not by works" but "salvation is by grace". Funny how people demand membership in a Really Exclusive Club when they may not even qualify to join their local private golf clubs and can accept that exclusion.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline J&M  
#176 Posted : Wednesday, March 17, 2010 7:49:03 PM(UTC)
J&M

Shalom

I found this on Arutz Sheva ( A7) this morning!!

http://www.israelnationa...ws.com/Blogs/Blog.aspx/3

The comments are worth reading too.

Offline Robskiwarrior  
#177 Posted : Friday, March 19, 2010 3:41:38 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

a friend posted this as a status update on Facebook:

"Today is the Feast Day and Solemnity of St Joseph which allows me to drink and eat meat... even tho I gave beer up for lent and it's a Friday. Being Catholic ROCKS!"
Offline edStueart  
#178 Posted : Saturday, March 20, 2010 3:52:38 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Robskiwarrior wrote:
a friend posted this as a status update on Facebook:

"Today is the Feast Day and Solemnity of St Joseph which allows me to drink and eat meat... even tho I gave beer up for lent and it's a Friday. Being Catholic ROCKS!"

If by rocks you mean brimstone, then, indeed, being catholic does rock.
Offline Yada  
#179 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:11:21 AM(UTC)
Yada

I'm still trying to figure this one out. Here's the latest from EWTN (the Catholic television network)):
HP_Annunciation_Lord_10.jpg
Offline In His Name  
#180 Posted : Thursday, March 25, 2010 1:30:55 PM(UTC)
In His Name

Apparently Mary was kneeling in a catholic church and reading the bible when Gabriel gave her the news, and with a flower, nice touch Gabe.
Offline Yada  
#181 Posted : Saturday, March 27, 2010 4:58:01 AM(UTC)
Yada

Has anybody else seen this? "Earth Hour"? I attached a image from CNN's coverage. Interesting symbol they're all holding.

The video link is here: http://edition.cnn.com/v...ch.earth.hour.cnn?hpt=C2
earth hour.JPG
Offline In His Name  
#182 Posted : Wednesday, March 31, 2010 5:52:21 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Sounds like the Ugandan anti-Gay law would be perfect for the RCC... Link

Offline Yada  
#183 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2010 10:37:51 PM(UTC)
Yada

Here's the latest from EWTN for "Holy Week":
File Attachment(s):
HP_Holy_Week_4_1_10.jpg (261kb) downloaded 12 time(s).
Offline Yada  
#184 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2010 4:01:28 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Wednesday, March 31, 2010

"This is not some multinational company where the chief executive is expected to take responsibility. "

--Vatican spokesman the Rev. Federico Lombardi, in an interview with The Washington Post, on Pope Benedict XVI's response to the clergy sex abuse scandal.
Offline Yada  
#185 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2010 5:38:17 PM(UTC)
Yada

Here's EWTN's latest - I can't figure out if he's taking off or coming in for a landing.
HP_Easter_10.jpg
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#186 Posted : Saturday, April 3, 2010 10:53:56 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

maybe tripping up?
Offline kp  
#187 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2010 2:07:32 AM(UTC)
kp

He's escaping! And He's taking the shroud of Turin with Him!

kp
Offline edStueart  
#188 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 4:57:07 AM(UTC)
edStueart

kp wrote:
He's escaping! And He's taking the shroud of Turin with Him!

Hide all the eggs!

Put out some chocolate rabbits, that will distract Him!
Offline bitnet  
#189 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2010 6:14:15 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Such hilarity with clarity from our esteemed brothers!
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#190 Posted : Friday, April 9, 2010 12:19:58 PM(UTC)
Yada

Here's the latest from EWTN. Didn't this guy make a 'cameo" appearance on one of the X-Men movies?
HP_Divine_Mercy.jpg
Offline Matthew  
#191 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 2:24:21 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Here's a CNN video of Richard Dawkins being interviewed by CNN in regards to his desire to have the pope arrested for covering up sex abuse crimes: http://edition.cnn.com/v...pope.benedict.arrest.cnn
Offline J&M  
#192 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:12:17 AM(UTC)
J&M

Isn't it interesting that the Vatican wants poke Pius XII to have credit for all Jews 'saved' by Catholics during WW2, but does not want poke Benny to be responsible for all the indecency coming to light about priestly kiddy molestation....
Offline alphacanis  
#193 Posted : Wednesday, April 14, 2010 5:23:59 PM(UTC)
alphacanis
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 1 post(s)

This from The Onion: Pope Vows To Get Church Pedophilia Down To Acceptable Levels

Link: http://www.theonion.com/article...a-down-to-accepta,17201/
Offline Matthew  
#194 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 5:57:12 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

The good ole Onion news network!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#195 Posted : Thursday, April 15, 2010 7:43:12 AM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

LMAO - that nearly made me burst with laughter...
Offline RidesWithYah  
#196 Posted : Tuesday, April 20, 2010 1:03:07 PM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Offline Yada  
#197 Posted : Thursday, April 22, 2010 3:35:52 PM(UTC)
Yada

Here's the latest from EWTN. Looks like he's holding a rather large poker chip. That or he's about to perform a magic trick.
HP_4_22_10.jpg
Offline edStueart  
#198 Posted : Friday, April 23, 2010 9:54:17 AM(UTC)
edStueart

Yada wrote:
Not quite sure if I should add this to the thread. I love this quote from the story:

Quote:
Following Jesus is one thing; living like him is another

By Charles Honey

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. -- The Rev. Ed Dobson has spent most of his life following Jesus. But only now does he realize how hard it is to live like him.

The retired megachurch pastor and one-time architect of the religious right has spent the last year trying to eat, pray, talk and even vote as Jesus would. His revelation: Being Jesus is tough.

"I've concluded that I am a follower, but I'm not a very good one," Dobson said. "If you get serious about the Bible, it will really mess you up."

I read Dobson's book "A year of living like Jesus".

He missed the mark widely.

He started off the year by praying the rosary, and didn't darken the door of a synagogue until October.

A beard and sandals do not Jesus make.
Offline RidesWithYah  
#199 Posted : Saturday, April 24, 2010 2:50:51 AM(UTC)
RidesWithYah

Offline Yada  
#200 Posted : Wednesday, April 28, 2010 3:08:39 PM(UTC)
Yada

What's wrong with this picture? From The Religion News Service:

Quote:
RNS TURIN SHROUD b (RNS4-APR21) Church officials in Turin, Italy venerate the celebrated -- and controversial -- Shroud of Turin, which will be on public display until May 23.
turin.jpg