logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 13, 2008 4:39:01 PM(UTC)
Yada

I recently sent this message to EWTN:

Quote:
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2008 4:10 AM
To: rock
Subject: Question from website that was never answered

Dear Life on the Rock:

I was watching the most recent program of `Life on the Rock` and the featured guest was talking about the `real presence` in the Eucharist. He mentioned an event that took place approx. 100 years ago with a doubtful Italian priest and then the Church actually commissioning atheist scientists to test the host. These tests apparently yielded evidence that it was heart tissue and an AB blood type.

The guest neglected to provide any detailed information regarding these events. I would like to research them for myself to verify the validity of his statements for myself. Could you please tell me the names, dates, etc. of the persons/events that this guest referenced?

Thanks in advance for your time and assistance.

EWTN`s response:

Quote:
I believe the Eucharistic miracle our guest was speaking of happened in Lanciano, Italy in the 8th Century: http://www.therealpresen...charst/mir/lanciano.html

There is a book full of approved Eucharistic miracles. http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0895553031. You might find this book helpful for your research.

If you have any further questions, please contact Viewer’s Services at viewer1@ewtn.com or feel free to ask one of our Theological Experts in Catholic Q and A. http://www.ewtn.com/vexperts/conference.htm

Hope you find this helpful.

May God bless you always!

-JS

Edited by user Friday, November 14, 2008 2:17:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Yada attached the following image(s):
euchmn2m.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Yada  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 12:09:21 PM(UTC)
Yada

EWTN forwarded my message directly to the guest/author they had on the show and he sent me this e-mail:

Quote:
Ohio gozaimasu! You get EWTN in Japan? Cool!

Below is an excerpt from my book on the Mass.

It is not required of us Catholics to believe every miracle reported….and questioning them is certainly good (which is why the Church commissioned an atheist scientist to study this one). The last thing we want to do is spread urban legends.

If you find something doubtful re. this miracle please let me know.

Sincerely,

-C

30. Have there ever been miracles that prove that piece of bread is really Jesus?

The words of One who died and rose again are enough “proof” for us! That being said, there are many miracles that attest to the real presence of Jesus in the Eucharist. If you Google the words “miracles of the Eucharist” you will find many examples.

Here’s one of them: In Lanciano, Italy in the eighth century a priest was celebrating Mass and started to question if that host in his hands was really Jesus. As these thoughts were crossing his mind, the host took on the appearance of human flesh and began to bleed, eventually dripping on the altar. That host is preserved to this day in a monstrance (a sacred vessel they put the Eucharist in for adoration) in Lanciano.

In the 1980’s an atheist scientist was given permission to study this host, hoping to disprove the miracle of Lanciano. He found that, despite the fact that the host was more than 1,000 years old, it was still fresh and healthy, like living flesh. He found that it was actually the flesh of a human heart, with blood type of “AB positive”. Every part of a heart that is required to function was present in the host. That scientist became a Catholic because of this miracle. If you visit Lanciano today you can see the results of his study posted on the wall of the Church. The study is entitled, “And the Word was made flesh”.

Jesus isn’t some far distant character in a story. He is alive and well and with us in the Eucharist – offering us eternal life and love! This love is far too great for us to remain indifferent to it, or just relegate to an hour a week. God offers his whole heart and life to us. He wants nothing less in return. Jesus gives us his perfect heart and wants our imperfect hearts back, just as they are (though he loves far us too much to let us stay that way!).

To learn more about the miracle of Lanciano, visit www.therealpresence.org/eucharst/mir/lanciano.html

`C` wrties:

Quote:
If you find something doubtful re. this miracle please let me know.

I will respond to him but wanted to ask those on the forum for their thoughts and comments as well.

Thanks.

If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 11:45:07 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I dont think we should ever doubt mirricals that have been scientifically proven... we must though measure them against scripture and find what the source of these mirricals are. If all the scientific evidence is fact then whatever it was, is human flesh now... But what does that mean? One of the biggest things about the Eucharist is its pagan beginnings and the way it destroys passover. Then you have to ask yourself, would Yah give you human flesh to eat, AND blood. Why dosnt He just let you slaughter the pig on the alter as well and roll around in its entrails...

Its not consistant with who Yah is, and what Scripture says... So its not from Him, which means its deception. If you drop the teachings of man its easy to come to this conclusion, but if you believe that the teachings of man are right, then its a beautiful mirrical confirming the theology of transubstantiation.
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...