logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline lassie1865  
#1 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 5:24:20 PM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Dear Friends,

I was reading the link you mentioned somewhere "The Final Reformation"; they speak of the Sabbaths as counted from the New Moon - every seventh day after the New Moon is a weekly Sabbath, so therefore, it is not necessarily on a Saturday? Could you please expound?

Blessings,
Lassie1865
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#2 Posted : Monday, November 10, 2008 11:29:50 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
there are some who think this - although I can't see any scriptual basis for it. I do believe new moons are important though, but I have not figured out why (other than marking the month begining)

The 7th day Sabbath was set as counting off 7 days, thats all, it was never linked to the moons cycle, the months or the feasts.

Can anyone else expand on my ramblings? lol
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 5:05:28 AM(UTC)
kp

I haven't run across anything tying the new moon to the Sabbath in Torah observance. Rather, they were two things signifying two realities, the Sabbath being a metaphor for Yahweh's grand schedule, and the new moon an indicator of our ever-recurring need for spiritual renewal and cleansing. Here's what I wrote about the new moon in The Owner's Manual, Vol I chapter 14...

Quote:
(538) Offer up an additional sacrifice every New Moon. “At the beginnings of your months you shall present a burnt offering to Yahweh: two young bulls, one ram, and seven lambs in their first year, without blemish; three-tenths of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with oil, for each bull; two-tenths of an ephah of fine flour as a grain offering, mixed with oil, for the one ram; and one-tenth of an ephah of fine flour, mixed with oil, as a grain offering for each lamb, as a burnt offering of sweet aroma, an offering made by fire to Yahweh. Their drink offering shall be half a hin of wine for a bull, one-third of a hin for a ram, and one-fourth of a hin for a lamb; this is the burnt offering for each month throughout the months of the year. Also one kid of the goats as a sin offering to Yahweh shall be offered, besides the regular burnt offering and its drink offering.” (Numbers 28:11-15) Genesis 1:14 tells us that the “lights in the expanse of heaven” were to function as signs. The phases of the moon are thus a constant reminder of the renewal that’s possible through Christ’s sacrifice. The first sliver of the new moon was to mark the beginning of each of Israel’s months, and with this sign were to come a group of sacrifices marking the renewal that was at hand.

By now we should be quite familiar with the sacrificial elements and what they represent. The two young bulls stand for human pride, the antithesis of spiritual awareness. The “bulls” of temporal power and intellectual arrogance must be offered up first if the other sacrifices are to hold any significance for us. (I have reason to believe that the reason two of them are specified is because these evils exist in both Jewish and gentile camps. See Mitzvah #540 for some illuminating evidence.) The ram symbolizes the reigning Messiah—Yahshua in the authority of His kingdom. Seven Lambs are also reminiscent of the Messiah, but this time the emphasis is on His innocence and the perfection and sufficiency of His sacrifice. Fine flour is metaphorical of God’s provision of our redemption—refined by crushing pressure, with no worthless chaff present. The oil mixed with the fine flour represents the Holy Spirit (see Zechariah 4). The wine for the drink offering is the blood of Christ (see Mark 14:23-24). And finally, a young goat is offered up as a picture of the death of sin in our lives.

All of this was to happen every month. God knows we need constant reminders of our place and His plan. (That’s why He calls us sheep.) One wonders if anyone between Moses and Malachi stopped to ask why these sacrifices had been commanded. It was enough, I suppose, to understand this: “The law of Yahweh is perfect, converting the soul; the testimony of Yahweh is sure, making wise the simple. The statutes of Yahweh are right, rejoicing the heart; the commandment of Yahweh is pure, enlightening the eyes. The fear of Yahweh is clean, enduring forever; the judgments of Yahweh are true and righteous altogether. More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold; sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. Moreover by them Your servant is warned, and in keeping them there is great reward.” (Psalm 19:7-11) Still, twenty-twenty hindsight is a wonderful thing.

kp
Offline lassie1865  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 11, 2008 8:02:07 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Dear Friends,

Do you have any information regarding the ministry/doctrines of Pastor Melissa Scott? She seems to have access to some very old manuscripts, and she goes into great detail about the original languages, etc., but I have not heard her mention the corruptions of the Sacred Name, etc. I have watched her program only a few times since it is on so late at night.

Lassie1865
Offline Yahshuaslavejeff  
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 4:32:20 AM(UTC)
Yahshuaslavejeff

I've seen Melissa Scott several times, and like to watch her show at midnight if I am still awake. Plain and straightforward, and I like her expounding the Word.

My favorite point of hers was against the deception, bringing down the always evil work of haShatan tricking many who use the words "I (me, myself, I) 'accept'(you're okay with my, fine, I accept you) Jesus(sigh) as MY Lord"; "I accept Jesus as my lord", oy veh gevalt! (just TRY to find THAT in Scripture....)

Yet most so-called 'ministries' who know not the Master at all, use those very same words to get people deceived, to think that they are saved so they will support the ministry in thought and with money.

The trouble is, they don't listen to Yhvh nor obey Him NOR WANT TO! DAMNED they are for their own wickednesses multiplied in their own lives and in the ruined, wrecked, lost lives of the ones they trick every day.

I will post more later, Yhvh willing.

Edited by moderator Saturday, November 15, 2008 7:09:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified