logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Walt  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 5:14:39 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

I hear where Y Y holds to a Friday sacrifice of Messiah.

Not to be contentious, but what helped convince me against a Friday sacrifice is these Scriptures.

Mark 16:1
Quote:
When the Sabbath was over, Mary Magdalene, and Mary the mother of James, and Salome, bought spices, so that they might come and anoint Him.

Luke 23:56
Quote:
Then they returned and prepared spices and perfumes. And on the Sabbath they rested according to the commandment.

These verse show that they bought the spices after a Sabbath, but the prepared the spices before a Sabbath.

I know that Feast of Unleavened bread is a Sabbath.

The only way I can make all the verses line up is if there was a nonSabbath day between 2 Sabbath days.

Wed: Sacrifice
Thus: Feast of Unleavened Bread (a Sabbath)
Fri: Women bought and prepared spices
Sat: Sabbath

Is there an error in the translations that change this accounting?
Offline Walt  
#2 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 5:36:19 AM(UTC)
Walt
Man

But how could the buy more spices after the Sabbath with a Friday sacrifice?

They were at the tomb at the dawn of the day after the Sabbath.
Offline Theophilus  
#3 Posted : Friday, October 31, 2008 8:16:32 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

Hello Walt, I'm not sure that the ladies appearing at the tomb BOUGHT more spices on the early morning after the Sabbath as that the BROUGHT more spices. I get the sense that on the day of the crucifixion, the preparations of the body between taking down the body and the entombment was rather hastily done and the preparations of the body incomplete hence the return. As Swalchy indicated the chapter in YY goes into much greater depth.

Thursday night: Last Supper and Arrested,

Friday tried by Herod and sentenced by Pilate then executed and buried, with some preparation of the body before sunset and the beginning of

Saturday rested, also the natural weekly Sabbath which in 33CE was also the Feast of Unleavened Bread

Sunday morning the ladies (followed later by Peter and John) arrive at the tomb to complete the preparations having brought additional spices the day after the Sabbath which in 33CE was also First Fruits.

Am I missing something?