logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#1 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 8:39:27 PM(UTC)
Yada

Robert Spencer hosts a site/blog called "Jihad Watch." The thought the following post was interesting:

Quote:
October 24, 2008

Friday night textbook fun

Can you spot the difference between these two passages? If you can, I'll buy you a beer.

Both are from The Western Heritage, by Donald Kagan, Steven Ozment, and Frank M. Turner. Ninth edition, Prentice Hall, 2007. It's an advanced high school world history text.

Passage #1:

The authors of the Gospels believed Jesus was the son of God and that he has come into the world to redeem humanity and to bring immortality to those who believed in him and followed his way. To the Gospel writers, Jesus' resurrection was striking proof of his teachings. At the same time, the Gospels regard Jesus as a figure in history, and they recount events in his life as well as his sayings. (p. 161)

Passage #2:

At about age forty, [Muhammad] began to receive revelations from the angel Gabriel, who recited God's word to him at irregular intervals. These revelations were collected after his death into the Islamic holy book, the Qur'an [literally, a "reciting"], which his followers compiled between 650 and 651. The basic message Muhammad received was a summons to all Arabs to submit to God's will. (p. 200)

Wait a minute. Does this have anything to do with the jihad? Oh yes it does.
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline EI  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:13:30 AM(UTC)
EI

I am at a lost for words. This kind of subliminal brainwashing makes me a little sick to my stomach. However, similar ‘techniques’ are used when evolution is taught in the schools compared to creationism. Evolution is not taught as a theory but as an "established" fact and I would venture to say most of the youth in the United States do not realize the difference. It undoubtedly extends beyond the boundary of youth into the adult population as well.

I can only speak for myself and I am not in anyway proposing that I know the thoughts of YHWH (except what he has revealed to us through the scriptures) but I believe that this form of deceit that leads the masses astray is one of things that our creator detests. Personally, this is why I think when I read Yada’s post, I immediately felt sick to my stomach. Because I have been given the qodesh spirit, I was immediately filled with the feeling of our creator toward this deception.

In a way it makes you feel helpless! Does anyone else ever get that feeling?
Offline James  
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 5:46:04 AM(UTC)
James
Man

Was thanked: 216 time(s) in 149 post(s)
I wish I could say that I can't believe that, but after studying several text books, I am not surprised.

I was looking into government text books one day and found one that never reprinted the constitution, and then when it did talk about it, it phrased the second amendment as the states right to form militia, and the tenth amendment as all rights not given to the federal government or prohibited the state government, may be passed on to the states.

The sad thing is that most of the people reading, have not been taught the truth, and thus will believe that this is what the constitution says. When we no longer remember or rights, we can more easily lose them. And when truth is presented as opinion and lies as truth, we are destined to be deceived.
Don't take my word for it, Look it up.

“The truth is not for all men but only for those who seek it.” ― Ayn Rand
Offline kp  
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 6:16:00 AM(UTC)
kp

"...There will be false teachers among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, even denying the Lord who bought them, and bring on themselves swift destruction. And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed. By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words; for a long time their judgment has not been idle, and their destruction does not slumber." (II Peter 2:1-3) I guess we can't say we weren't warned. As bad as it is, my friends, it's only going to get worse. Hold on to Yahweh's truth for dear life. It is our only defense against the insanity of a lost world.

kp
Offline CK  
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 6:38:32 PM(UTC)
CK

EI,

Do I often feel helpless and sick to the stomach? More than I can even say. Had a long conversation with a good friend today. We often feel helpless. But as my friend stated - Praise Him, Praise Him, Praise Him. Stop the intake of knowledge for a while and remember to soak in the love of the Father. Praise Yahweh!
Offline sirgodfrey  
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 26, 2008 6:45:10 PM(UTC)
sirgodfrey

Quote:
Stop the intake of knowledge for a while and remember to soak in the love of the Father.

Such a profound statement.