logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline raoulduke  
#1 Posted : Monday, September 29, 2008 11:18:25 AM(UTC)
raoulduke

Just been doing some reading lately and the Talmud was mentioned. So I was looking up info on the Talmud and there seems to be two lines of thought. The first says that the Talmud is racist against gentiles. They say that Yeshua is mentioned several times in horrible ways, such as he was a liar and is burning in a pit of excrement. The second line denies this and say's that Yeshua is not mentioned at all. Both allege indirectly huge almost conspiracies. The first that modern Judaism in particular the Chabad Lubavitch are lying and hiding racist texts from the general populace. The Lubavitch group is saying that the people who allege this are racists that hate all Jews. Could anyone clarify this for me?

Thank you very much
Mike.
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 12:55:38 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom Raoulduke,

Whatever is written in the Talmud is a lie. They put themselves in the seat of Moses and think themselves gods (such that even Yahweh has to bend His will to them) and that is why they fight against each other. Close the book and move on. To get a better understanding of rabbinical thought, view the two-hour Nehemia Gordon video on the "Hebrew Yeshua vs the Greek Jesus."
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline raoulduke  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:13:25 AM(UTC)
raoulduke

Thanks bitnet. I will check out the video. I was pretty sure that everything in the Talmud is a lie, just wanted to hear it said by someone else.

Mike
Offline Matthew  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 10:42:31 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
That's a very good video by Nehemiah Gordon, I don't like the conclusion but he helped me to understand the Pharisees better. I recommend people to watch it. I work in the district in Sao Paulo where most Jews live, every day I walk past Orthodox Jews, with big black hats and incredibly long curly sideburns.
Offline bitnet  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 5:52:31 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

It is probable that among the Jews who discern that Yahushua is the awaited Messiyah, the Karaites shall be the first. At least their hearts and minds are in the right place, and should people like Nehemia Gordon continue with their open study of Scripture, they shall possibly see the Light sooner than most. As for the black hats in your neighbourhood of Sao Paolo, it is a good sign as it also means that there are people who fear Yahweh, although they are far from His Truth, and that also means that there is little religious persecution there. Trying dressing like that in Malaysia... Anyway, we can only pray that their eyes shall be open at their appointed times. We are no better then them and it is only by the Grace of Abba Yahweh that we know what we know, for it is by the Ruach HaQodesh that we know the things of Yahweh, and it is by His Mercy that we have received the Ruach HaQodesh. Perhaps in due time, some of us who live near these orthodox Jews may be able to share what we know through our observances of the Feasts of Yahweh and by our observances of His commandments. They may wonder why these goys are keeping a portion of the Law (from their perspective) and be prompted to enquire with you.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline raoulduke  
#6 Posted : Tuesday, September 30, 2008 6:47:50 PM(UTC)
raoulduke

Thanks for recommending that video bitnet, it was very informative.

Mike