logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Robskiwarrior  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 2:41:40 PM(UTC)
Robskiwarrior
Man

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
interesting find :)
Signature Updated! Woo that was old...
Offline bitnet  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 21, 2008 6:52:33 PM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Someone should have advised him on learning Greek and Hebrew before filing such a frivolous lawsuit.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline kp  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 22, 2008 10:50:13 AM(UTC)
kp

What's this goofball going to do with Leviticus 18:22 or 20:13? Not only does the Torah agree with the NC scriptures in condemning homosexuality in the strongest possible terms (toebah---“something morally disgusting, that is, an abhorrence; especially idolatry or an idol—an abominable custom or thing”), it also prescribes the same penalty as that commanded for murder. There's no way you're going to legitimately defend a homosexual lifestyle based on scripture, in English, Greek, Hebrew, or Swahili.

kp
Offline Samuel  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 5:53:37 AM(UTC)
Samuel

Wow I have a friend that is homosexual it was funny at first I would joke with him and call him out. But now its not! I had a serious convo and asked him to drop his lifestyle! But this article is ridiculous if this dude wins I know for sure that this is definitely going to be a long ride LOL
"For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places." -Ephesians 6:12
Offline Matthew  
#5 Posted : Tuesday, September 23, 2008 6:26:08 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I like the passage concerning Zondervan:

Quote:
Zondervan, for its part, issued a statement to the Grand Rapids press stating it does not translate the Bible or own the copyright for any of the translations it publishes

“We rely on the scholarly judgment of the highly respected and credible translation committees behind each translation and never alter the text of the translations we are licensed to publish,” the statement reads.

“We only publish credible translations produced by credible Biblical scholars.”

Let's hope they dig into the original, that guy will realise he has no legs to stand on when he goes to the original. He will get himself a serious shock when he sticks his head into the Hebrew of the Old Covenant. He's putting up a fight that he cannot win, imagine calling to witness all the translators.

Quote:
U.S. District Judge Julian Abele Cook Jr., who will hear Fowler’s case against Thomas Nelson, says the court “has some very genuine concerns about the nature and efficacy of [Fowler’s] claims."

What about this last quote, about the district judge having some "genuine concerns" concerning the claims? What do you think this means?

If he wins, which I doubt, then all homosexuals will want compensation.