logo
Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Offline Yada  
#51 Posted : Monday, October 13, 2008 2:09:43 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Dow percentage gain is biggest since 1933
Following European and Asian leads, U.S. markets have closed higher with the Dow scoring a record point gain for a single day of 936. The advance was the largest ever during a session on a point basis. The point gain was equal to 11.1%, the best one-day percentage gain since 1932 and the fifth-best ever. full story
Yada attached the following image(s):
dow.chart.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
You can download the free software here.
Hope to see everyone on Paltalk!
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Matthew  
#52 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 3:45:14 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Icy wrote:
This all makes me wonder if there is any legal precident for me to get the government to bail me out. Heck, it would only cost them a fraction of the $700 billion that would essentially make it meaningless to them. The government wouldn't even notice a loss of finances on their end to bail me out. To put it in perspective: It would be like me giving a homeless man a penny (and that is a great deal more, ratio-wise, than they would be giving me).

I read the Have Your Say column on the BBC News website and the question was Should taxpayers bail out banks?, this is what one poster replied with:

Quote:
Dear RBS, LTSB and HBOS,

It appears that your accounts with us are in arrears, and you are now overdrawn by £37bn. Please be advised that we will be charging you interest of £200m per day.

You will also be charged £50m for this letter, this covers any admin, and falls under the 'serves you right' legislation.

Failure to repay will give us no option but to remove all fat cats from your company, and we will also reclaim any houses & cars from them.

Yours Sincerely,

The British Public

Read here

I think most of us can relate to this. This response has gotten the most recommended by readers.

Offline kp  
#53 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 4:03:59 AM(UTC)
kp

We recorded the audio to TOM chapter 6 last sunday night, and what I'd written there so long ago jumped up and bit me. God's word is always timely, isn't it? Here's an excerpt:

Quote:
(171) Do not make a loan to an Israelite on interest. “If one of your brethren becomes poor, and falls into poverty among you, then you shall help him, like a stranger or a sojourner, that he may live with you. Take no usury or interest from him; but fear your God, that your brother may live with you. You shall not lend him your money for usury, nor lend him your food at a profit. I am Yahweh your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, to give you the land of Canaan and to be your God.” (Leviticus 25:35-38) Again, this passage is related to Jubilee—God’s quintessential picture of gracious forgiveness. Which of us has not fallen on hard times? Oh, not materially, necessarily, but spiritually we have all become debtors. Yahweh has taken pity upon us, paid off our debts, and put us on our feet. Should we not do the same thing for our brothers?

It is with deep sorrow that I must note that our entire monetary system today is based on a violation of this precept. In America, as in most of the rest of the world, money is based on debt. With little or nothing of intrinsic value to back it up, wealth is created out of thin air in tandem with loans—if every debt were paid off today, our entire money supply would cease to exist. Hardly anybody understands how our central banking boondoggle—I mean system—really works, of course; if we did, we would descend on Washington and New York en masse, pitchforks and torches in hand. Required reading: The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve, by G. Edward Griffin. (Copyright 1994-2002, American Media. www.RealityZone.com)

We (or is it just me?) are entirely too reluctant to trust Yahweh with our finances. Rather than living simply and within our means, we indulge our every whim and then feverishly scheme and calculate how to make ends meet. All too often, our solutions involve shortchanging the charitable end of the spectrum—not just by giving less to advance Yahweh’s cause, but also oppressing our brothers by selling what we should be giving away or taking advantage of others’ misfortune by buying things cheaply. One I am personally guilty of: The house is priced under-market because the owners are getting a divorce and need a quick sale—we can make a killing here. When are we going to learn that our Father owns everything? It’s an insult to Him to doubt His willingness to meet our needs—and to demonstrate that doubt by taking advantage of our fellow man.

(172) Do not borrow on interest (because this would cause the lender to sin). “You shall not charge interest to your brother—interest on money or food or anything that is lent out at interest. To a foreigner you may charge interest, but to your brother you shall not charge interest, that Yahweh your God may bless you in all to which you set your hand in the land which you are entering to possess.” (Deuteronomy 23:19-20) It’s a fine sentiment, I suppose: don’t cause your brother to stumble by offering incentive to sin. But the rabbis have missed the point. The burden is upon the lender: he must not take advantage of a brother in need by making a profit on his misfortune. If God has blessed him to the point that he has more than he needs, he is not to leverage that blessing into a growth industry.

Yahweh makes a distinction here between “brothers” and “foreigners.” Those outside the fellowship of faith are not under God’s protection—by their own choice. Yahweh understands that there is a time-value to money. But we are to conduct our business relationships with fellow believers as if we were dealing with God Himself. Would we charge Yahshua interest? Would we demand guarantees and collateral from Him? Of course not. We should be aware that He regards what we do for “His brothers” as being done for Him—personally. Remember the admonition concerning the separation of the “sheep from the goats” in Matthew 25.

In the real world, especially today, especially in America, we needn’t be “poor” to feel like we need to borrow. But it’s an illusion, for the most part. We have forgotten how to distinguish between needs and wants. If we borrow, we become debtors, and debt is a chain: one from which Yahweh would spare us. “Owe no one anything except to love one another, for he who loves another has fulfilled the law…. Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.” (Romans 13:8, 10)

kp
Offline In His Name  
#54 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 6:55:03 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I read that passage of TOM shortly before the meltdown, so it has certainly been on my mind. I see that I am going to have to read The Creature from Jekyll Island to understand all of this. It only took about a dozen nudges, but I will put it next on my reading list. Thanks for most of those nudges KP.

In a WND article, click here, Joseph Farah suggests we forgive all debts in this Jubilee year (is his calendar correct?). I was impressed that he knew what a Jubilee year was, but perhaps he needs to read The Creature as well.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline kp  
#55 Posted : Tuesday, October 14, 2008 10:56:57 AM(UTC)
kp

When I was doing my research for Future History, I ran across a reference to the effect that the last Jubilee year ever celebrated in Israel was in the same year Simon Ben Kosiba (a.k.a. Bar Kochba) began his armed rebellion against the tyranny of Rome. Bar Kochba's rebellion was given great impetus by the fact that he was declared to be the Messiah by the most powerful and influential rabbi of his day, Akiba. The year of the false Messiah's revolt? 133 A.D. By 135, Hadrian's armies had slain Bar Kochba and Akiba, quelled the rebellion, expelled all the Jews from the Land, salted its fields to make them unproductive, and renamed the place Palestina.

If 133 was a Jubilee year, then 33, the year of the Passion, was also a jubilee year, for the Torah clearly states that Jubilee (Yobel) was to occur once every fifty years. Some schools of rabbinic thought disagree with G-d (just kidding, with Yahweh) and set Jubilee every forty-nine years, that is, every seventh Sabbatical year. This explains the confusion concerning when the next Jubilee year will really occur. But if my research is correct, the next actual Jubilee will fall in 2033, beginning on Yom Kippurim (as always). This will mark the day Yahshua returns to the Mount of Olives, the day when Israel will "mourn for Him whom they pierced as one mourns for an only son," as it says in Zechariah 12:10, the day when they will answer and respond to Him as a nation, in fulfillment of hundreds of OC prophecies.

kp
Offline Yada  
#56 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 1:12:09 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
EU leaders discuss $2.7 trillion bailout
EU leaders are holding a summit in Brussels to thrash out the details of their $2.7 trillion banking bailout. Leaders from the 27-nation bloc are meeting Wednesday and Thursday in the hope that wider agreement will give markets more confidence. full story
leaders.ap.jpg
If you'd like to join the YY Study Group room on Paltalk - just click here. The lockword is: yadayahweh
WARNING: Do not give out personal information (name, address, etc.) to anyone on Paltalk - ever!
Offline Matthew  
#57 Posted : Wednesday, October 15, 2008 5:08:31 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

What do you think they're laughing about? What caption or speech bubbles would you put? Something like: HAHA, we got em now, we will own everything, New World Order here we come!

Edit:

Or maybe just laughing at one of the latest installments of the Englishman-Frenchman jokes.

A Frenchman, an Englishman and Claudia Schiffer are travelling by train through Provence. The train enters a tunnel and the lights go out. Then came a kissing noise followed by the sound of a really loud slap.

When the train exited the tunnel, Claudia and the Englishman were sitting as if nothing had happened and the Frenchman was holding his cheek. The Frenchman thought 'That Englishman must have tried to kiss Claudia and she missed him and slapped me instead.'

Claudia was thinking: 'The Frenchman must have tried to kiss me and actually kissed the Englishman and got slapped for it.'

And the Englishman was thinking: 'Great! The next time the train goes through a tunnel I'll make another kissing noise and slap that Frenchman again.'
Offline Yada  
#58 Posted : Friday, October 17, 2008 4:45:28 PM(UTC)
Yada

One of the effects fo the credit crunch:

Quote:
Angry toy workers 2:14
Economic turmoil leads to protests after a Chinese toymaker shuts its doors. CNN's Andrew Stevens reports.
Offline Yada  
#59 Posted : Saturday, October 18, 2008 11:35:35 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Bush announces global financial summit

U.S. President George W. Bush, meeting with French President Nicolas Sarkozy and European Union President Jose Manuel Barroso, said he will host the first summit to discuss the global response to the financial crisis. The news came as South Korea announced a $100B package for its banks. full story
bush.summit.ap.jpg
Offline Yada  
#60 Posted : Thursday, October 23, 2008 2:21:56 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Greenspan: Financial crisis like tsunami
The former head of the U.S. Federal Reserve has said that the U.S. is "in the midst of a credit tsunami," -- but that it will emerge from the credit crisis with a "far sounder financial system." Fears of recession continued to cause turbulent swings in stock markets worldwide. full story
alan.greenspan.ap.jpg
Offline Matthew  
#61 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 4:09:25 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

I found an interesting article on CNN regarding a proposal against the bail-out from Jeffrey A. Miron, a senior lecturer in economics at Harvard University. I'm not a financial expert, and understand very little, I'm just likely I passed Economics, Accounting and Financial Management 101 at university, but I was wondering what others think of the article.

Quote:
Commentary: Why this bailout is as bad as the last one
October 14, 2008 -- Updated 1532 GMT (2332 HKT

Story Highlights
Jeffrey Miron: Investors aren't willing to back banks because of problem loans
Government investments will mask the banks' problems for a while, he says
Miron: Other failing industries will now seek similar bailouts
Government's role in economy will spread inefficiency and crony capitalism, he say

CAMBRIDGE, Massachusetts (CNN) -- Ten days after passage of its $700 billion bailout of the financial sector, the U.S. Treasury has announced that it will implement this program, in part, by giving banks $250 billion in return for shares of their stock.

In other words, the U.S. government will acquire a significant ownership stake in the banking sector.

The goal of this stock purchase is to "inject liquidity." This will, in principle, improve bank solvency and increase bank lending, thereby minimizing the chance of a recession...

Below are some sentences from the article I found interesting:

Quote:
Government ownership means that political forces will determine who wins and who loses in the banking sector...

Government pressure will be difficult for banks to resist, since the government can both threaten to withdraw its ownership stake or promise further injections whenever it wants to modify bank behavior...

Government ownership of banks will not be a temporary expedient. Politicians can swear they will unwind the government's position once "economic conditions improve," but no one can enforce this promise. The temptation to use banks as a political tool will be permanent, not temporary, so government ownership will continue for decades, or forever...

Worse yet, government ownership of banks sets a precedent for ownership in every industry that suffers economic hardship...

Government purchase of bank stock, therefore, is a transfer from taxpayers to people who took huge risks and lost...

It is time for the government to do the one thing it does well: nothing at all...

Read the article here.
Offline In His Name  
#62 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 7:24:37 PM(UTC)
In His Name

In the article I don't see any mention of the newly created funding opportunities for our duly elected officials. Let us not forget that while Freddy and Fannie were rolling along the were very busy handing out contributions to those influencing the rules. Now with a firmer grip on the financial industry, the 'shake down' can continue in earnest.

Remember the old game shows, where the contestant was put into the glass booth and tried to grab the money flying around them. Up to this point our politicians have have been outside the booth reaching in through a small hole. Now we have made it much easier for them, now they are inside.
“Because he clings to Me, is joined to Me, loves and delights in Me, desires Me, therefore I will deliver him, carry him safely away, cause him to escape from harm making him inaccessible and strong, and delivering him safely to heaven, because he has known, observed, cared for, recognized, instructed and advised others to use, designated, acknowledged, discerned, answered in, My name, authority, character, report, mark, and nature." Psalm 91:14
Offline Yada  
#63 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 8:11:48 PM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
U.N. chief: 'Drastic' action needed for poor
U.N. Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon calls for "drastic" measures to shore up banks and extend lines of credit to the world's poorest states. full story
moon.getty.jpg
Offline Yada  
#64 Posted : Friday, October 24, 2008 11:07:36 PM(UTC)
Yada

I found this presentation about The Federal Reserve System online:

Quote:
The Creature from Jekyll Island - A Second Look at the Federal Reserve by G Edward Griffin - 71 min - Sep 24, 2007

Where does money come from? Where does it go? Who makes it? The money magician's secrets are unveiled. Here is a close look at their mirrors and smoke machines, the pulleys, cogs, and wheels that create the grand illusion called money. A boring subject? Just wait. You'll be hooked in five minutes. It sounds like a detective story, which it really is, but it's all true. Based on Mr. Griffin's book of the same title, this address will shatter your old ideas about money and change the way you view the world. 1998 lecture.«

You can watch/listen to the presentation here.

Edited by user Saturday, October 25, 2008 12:48:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

alan_greenspan_01.jpg
Offline Yada  
#65 Posted : Saturday, October 25, 2008 4:43:55 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Summit leaders unite to fight economic slump
Asian and European leaders meeting for the second day of their biennial summit vow to act together to address the global financial crisis. "We either stick together or we sink together," EC President Jose Manuel Barroso said at the talks in Beijing. full story
summit.leaders.ap.jpg
Offline Yada  
#66 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 3:55:12 AM(UTC)
Yada

Quote:
Global stocks plummet, hit record lows
Stocks around the world took another heavy beating Monday, with shares in Japan falling to their lowest level in 26 years, as fears of a global recession continued to spook investors. full story
t1home.umbrella.gi.jpg
Offline Heretic Steve  
#67 Posted : Monday, October 27, 2008 2:35:36 PM(UTC)
Heretic Steve

I must say Yada, that I find your eye for photos hilarious. Those pics crack me up....
As an aside, I once saw a spelling rendition of Greenspans' name without the vowel points, "Grynspn".
Bet the masorets would have a field day with that one.
If not us, who? If not now, when?
Offline Theophilus  
#68 Posted : Tuesday, October 28, 2008 4:51:22 AM(UTC)
Theophilus
Man

I was curious what legislation Yada was referring to earlier in his post when he wrote:

Quote:
Further, the Republican Congressmen were the primary sponsors of the legislation which led to this mess.

Is this in reference to the creation of the "Federal Reserve System", the recently passed US Bailout package featuring extra-ordinary powers to the Treasury Secretary or something else?

From what I've been learning the most direct legislation causing the sub-prime housing market collapse and the accompanying credit crisis has been the CRA Community Reinvestment Act or more specifically changes made to the the CRA under the Clinton administration to further promote lending to "underserved and disadvantaged" borrowers for the purpose of increasing home ownership. The problem being lenders making unsound mortgage loans which they would not bear the risk of default themselves for via Freddie and Fannie at the encouragement of government, indeed under risk government sanction for failing to make such loans.

I confess that I'm more familiar with Adam Smith's Wealth of Nations on market forces than the book Yada referred to on the Fed. It seems to me that government intervention into the market helped cause a bubble in real-estate values as entry was made to home ownership via unsound lending practices that has finally been revealed. Normally when artificial valuations in a market are exposed there is a correction in those values. My question regarding the bailout being:
1) will market forces be restored to mortgage lending or
2) is the $700 billion + once again being used to prop up the government induced bubble?

I would favor the former and oppose the later as markets when allowed to function usually work.

I was also struck by what KP shared on the lending to the poor and our brothers without interest and especially the Yowbel principle. I don't know if this applies to borrowing made by corporations to expand their operations, under which the "foreigner" principle may me more appropriate?
Offline Yada  
#69 Posted : Friday, November 14, 2008 12:56:12 AM(UTC)
Yada

CNN is carrying this `breaking story` as a banner headline:

Quote:
Eurozone economy falls into recession for the first time since the introduction of the common currency, says EU.

Quote:
Eurozone slumps into recession for first time
The combined economies of the 15 nations that form the eurozone are in recession for the first time since the introduction of the euro 10 years ago, the EU has reported. It comes as world leaders start to gather in Washington this weekend for the G20 summit, aimmed at discussing ways to tackle the global financial crisis. full story
euro.zone.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#70 Posted : Saturday, November 15, 2008 5:05:07 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Bush: G-20 committed to free trade
U.S. President George W. Bush insisted that world leaders remained committed to open markets as talks at the G-20 summit got under way in Washington D.C. The gathering could test traditional U.S. dominance in economic affairs with European leaders expected to call for tighter financial regulations. full story
bush.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Matthew  
#71 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 1:23:09 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From BBC News:
Quote:
Crisis squeezes Croat Christmas

The Croatian government has banned Christmas and New Year parties in the public sector because of the global financial crisis.

State-run firms and organisations have also been told that they won't be allowed to dip into their funds to buy Christmas presents. full story.
Offline Yada  
#72 Posted : Sunday, November 16, 2008 3:44:32 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Japan enters recession after contraction
Japan -- the world's second-largest economy -- is in a recession, government officials announced Monday. Japan's Cabinet Office confirmed that its economy fell another 0.1 percent in its third quarter, following a 0.3 percent drop in the second quarter. full story
apan.recession.gi.jpg
Offline bitnet  
#73 Posted : Monday, November 17, 2008 12:09:34 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

One word for all that is happening economically -- OUCH! Yes Theo, the bubble was inflated by the CRA under the Dems but blown out of proportion by the Reps and gleefully punctured by those who stood to make the most. A quick look at how they induced spending, not only in the USA but globally, set everyone up to invest in infrastructure and large projects and then tested the heights of peak oil, and then burst the banks by pulling the flying carpets out from under Fannie, Freddie, AIG, Lehman and the other middle-tier players. Quite a harvest! Then lending out trillions globally (without really giving out any money) in lieu for fixed assets and cash... that's quite a game they played. Caught almost everyone who played in the system. What do they say... don't bet against the house? Well, the only way out is to get out of the house... then it would all fall apart and we'd all be in the mess again. Sigh! But better get out of Babylon sooner than later before it really gets worse. The crisis we face now is being checked for now but the troubles that lie in the future will make the Great Depression seem like good times.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#74 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 4:09:49 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:
Quote:

Man brings children to beg 1:32
A man and his children are forced to beg as the family falls on hard times. KPHO's Peter Busch reports
Offline Yada  
#75 Posted : Sunday, November 23, 2008 3:13:27 PM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#76 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 9:36:47 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Lost: 1.9 million jobs
The 2008 tally soars after payrolls shrink by 533,000 in November, the biggest one-month decline in nearly 34 years. Unemployment soars to 6.7%.
Offline kp  
#77 Posted : Friday, December 5, 2008 12:12:29 PM(UTC)
kp

Quote:
" Obama will 'do what's necessary' to fix economy"

Oh, I feel so much better now.

kp
Offline Yada  
#78 Posted : Thursday, December 11, 2008 4:22:00 PM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#79 Posted : Friday, December 12, 2008 9:47:37 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
White House may bail out Big 3
The Bush administration says it will consider using the money set aside to help banks and Wall Street to rescue the auto industry. full story
ford.jpg
Offline Yada  
#80 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 4:57:18 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Banks face huge losses from $50B 'scam'
Some of the biggest names in global finance say they have lost hundreds of millions of dollars in an alleged $50 billion "pyramid scheme" that led to the arrest of a New York financier last week. Former Nasdaq chairman Bernard Madoff, pictured above, has been arrested and charged with a single count of securities fraud. full story
madoff.jpg
Offline lassie1865  
#81 Posted : Monday, December 15, 2008 8:28:19 AM(UTC)
lassie1865
Woman

Dear Friends,

Speaking of bailouts, politics, etc., here is a website about the Federal Reserve System's concern for the USA: http://video.google.com/...ocid=6507136891691870450

Lassie1865
Offline bitnet  
#82 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 5:13:32 AM(UTC)
bitnet

Shalom,

Like I said, all they needed to do is to cancel out the loans given to the average man and the economy will get better with the extra liquidity coming from the bottom up. It's funny that no organisation is talking about debt forgiveness during this special year of shemittah. Everyone in power has completely lost the plot and the economy continues to sink into the hands of the wicked few.
The reverence of Yahweh is the beginning of Wisdom.
Offline Yada  
#83 Posted : Tuesday, December 16, 2008 3:49:10 PM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Yada  
#84 Posted : Wednesday, December 17, 2008 11:37:36 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Chrysler shuts down all production
Close of business Friday will be the start of a monthlong closure of 30 U.S. plants. Company cites 'continued lack of consumer credit.'
Offline Yada  
#85 Posted : Friday, December 19, 2008 5:41:44 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Bush announces $13.4B bailout for automakers
President George W. Bush has announced a short-term $13.4B rescue plan from federal loans to aid ailing U.S. automakers. The money will come from the $700 billion fund set aside to bailout Wall Street firms and banks in October. full story
big3.cars.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#86 Posted : Tuesday, December 23, 2008 1:34:27 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
December 22, 2008 -- Updated 0404 GMT (1204 HKT)

Where's the bank bailout money?

Story Highlights
* Citigroup, JPMorgan Chase and Wells Fargo each received $25 billion
* Citigroup says it's using TARP funds to help expand the flow of credit
* Bailout opponent: Vague responses from banks should not be shocking
* Congress did not put conditions on the bailout money
citi.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#87 Posted : Wednesday, January 7, 2009 5:55:40 PM(UTC)
Yada

Sorry - CNN was running this as one of their headlines and I just couldn`t resist posting it to the thread:

Offline Yada  
#88 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 12:50:55 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Icy  
#89 Posted : Friday, January 16, 2009 11:56:09 AM(UTC)
Icy
Man

That one from the porn industry is tongue in check. They have really asked, but it is a statement about how absurd it is for any company to ask the government for a bailout.
Offline Yada  
#90 Posted : Monday, January 19, 2009 4:50:24 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

gordon.brown.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#91 Posted : Monday, January 26, 2009 6:49:51 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
Tens of thousands lose jobs as recession bites
Companies on both sides of the Atlantic have continued to slash their workforces as American economists say they expect an already deep recession to worsen in 2009. In the United States, more than 20,000 redundancies were announced, with a further 13,000 workers laid off in Europe. full story
corus.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#92 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 4:14:39 AM(UTC)
Yada

Tied into with the `global financial crisis,` this headline today from CNN:

It`s just amazing to see these kinds of headlines. The pieces seem to begin to be falling into to place for the eventual establishment of a NWO. Honestly though, I thought we were years away from seeing these types of headlines in print.
annan.wef.jpg
Offline Matthew  
#93 Posted : Wednesday, January 28, 2009 5:45:50 AM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

Yada wrote:
It`s just amazing to see these kinds of headlines. The pieces seem to begin to be falling into to place for the eventual establishment of a NWO. Honestly though, I thought we were years away from seeing these types of headlines in print.

Come to think of it, 2026 is actually pretty close, just over 17 years away. I will be seeing Yahshua, the Love of my life, within the next 17 (and maybe a bit if the Rap occurs in 2026) years, woohoo!!!

All these bailouts give these people reason to continue doing their stuff and bringing the world to an economic collapse, leading to an NWO. The banks (and other industries, like the automobile industry) won't learn from their mistakes.

This might be the wisest thing Annan has ever said in that he sees a problem in leadership, but notice what he says later, to quote the article: "Referring to the U.N. Security Council, which gives permanent places and vetoing powers to the U.S., the UK, Russia, China and France, Annan said: "We cannot continue to run the world based on countries that won a war 60 years ago. It's either destructive competition or cooperation. We live in an interdependent world and the only way to move forward is to cooperate."" Sounds wise, but this is heading towards a NWO. Pity Annan doesn't know the True Solution to the propblem.
Offline Yada  
#94 Posted : Friday, January 30, 2009 6:05:23 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

jobfair.gi.jpg
Offline In His Name  
#95 Posted : Monday, February 9, 2009 11:22:02 AM(UTC)
In His Name

Quote:
General Motors to Invest $1 Billion in Brazil Operations -- Money to Come from U.S. Rescue Program

By Russ Dallen
Latin American Herald Tribune staff

SAO PAULO -- General Motors plans to invest $1 billion in Brazil to avoid the kind of problems the U.S. automaker is facing in its home market, said the beleaguered car maker.

Maybe this is why they removed the BUY AMERICAN clause??

Offline Yada  
#96 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2009 3:37:31 AM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN:

Quote:
World's richest countries pledge to fix economy
The world's richest countries have committed to doing whatever it takes to restore confidence in the world's economy, their finance ministers said as they wrapped up a two-day meeting in Rome. The Group of Seven finance ministers, including new U.S. Treasury Secretary Timothy Geithner (pictured above), also urged countries not to close their markets to goods and services from abroad. full story
home.tim.jpg
Offline Yada  
#97 Posted : Sunday, February 15, 2009 9:25:00 PM(UTC)
Yada

From CNN'

Quote:
Japan's economy 'worst since end of WWII'
Japan is grappling with its worst economic crisis since the end of World War II, the nation's economic and fiscal policy minister said Monday. full story
homeless.afp.gi.jpg
Offline Yada  
#98 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 9:44:46 AM(UTC)
Yada

Offline Matthew  
#99 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 12:10:25 PM(UTC)
Matthew
Man

From CNN:

Quote:
Obama signs $787 billion stimulus into law
President Obama signed a $787 billion economic stimulus package into law Tuesday. The president and economists say the biggest marker will be an improvement in employment. Compared to that, CNNMoney reports, getting the law passed was the easy part. full story

UserPostedImage

Woohoo, looking like a real messiah!
Offline In His Name  
#100 Posted : Tuesday, February 17, 2009 5:09:46 PM(UTC)
In His Name

and thank goodness we have saved that poor little mouse.

EDIT: by the way, I forgot to ask... how many jobs will be created with the $60,000,000 for the mouse